PDA

View Full Version : High School

jrk247
04-17-2005, 04:31 AM
High School, do you like it, or does it suck?

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 04:32 AM
not a clue about what age kids go to high school. But I'm in lower sixth year and i quite like school :cool:

_ߥ_vil_
04-17-2005, 04:36 AM
I like it as I get to see my friends otherwise it's boring..... :rolleyes:

Jimbob2005
04-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Well, I don't like school ,never have, but has done well in lessons and subjects because I still care about my education. Although I have skanked General Studies AS lessons a few times.....

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 04:39 AM
^ We don't do general studies until upper sixth, did key skills this year - god it was crap!

Isn't it curious how only English people have responded to this so far? :p

live_fast_gurl
04-17-2005, 04:46 AM
well im out of high school
but it was ok

Punky Dudess
04-17-2005, 05:32 AM
School is OK apart from my headteacher who is a major chav and picks on anyone who doesn't like sports...(me and my friends) :(

JoY
04-17-2005, 05:38 AM
I loved high school the first four years. then everything seemed to go wrong; my grandparents died, I got a negative advice for math, chemistry & physics, my confidence hit the ground, friends of mine were in deep shit... I failed that year & had to retake it. I had a smile on my face, but I suddenly understood things don't always come easy. that things can get rough. I missed my friends, who'd all passed the fourth year. we grew apart.

in my fifth year more things went wrong & the school showed a very.. ugly nature. the school average had to be good, the name had to be spotless, students were discouraged to do courses they weren't perfect at & nothing that went wrong could ever get out in the open. after that I was pretty much sick of school. I was glad I got my diploma at the age of nineteen & escaped to Amsterdam.

Izie
04-17-2005, 05:42 AM
I owned my highschool. Ha.

So yes, I quite liked it. There were some complicated things in the... Second year? Namely a teacher who hated me, but that got fixed *evil grin*

And then I effectively ruled. The people generally sucked though. Except my friends.

wheelchairman
04-17-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm going to a business high school. The people are good, the courses are a bore, but I'd say it takes a marxist to be good at business.

Inshane
04-17-2005, 06:01 AM
I was a good student, got high grades especially in music (the highest grades possible always) yes I was proud of that. Then I got sick had a thousand hospital visits and therpys and my world fell apart. After a year and a half I tried to go to school again without any energy which was awful, the leak of friends that remained friends (lets say one) were in a higher class and I didnt fit in my new class. I was way to weird and difficult in their eyes. I passed the second year, which was my miracle. Still not having any energy I started the third year; I seemed to keep up without any lessons or help from teachers.
I was alone in many ways but I died when my only,my best friend did not wake up. I died with her. I fell down and im still not up yet.

I quit school, no diploma indeed. but I have to be slightly ok to make it through living which is hard enough at the moment. no I didnt like high school.

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 06:12 AM
but I'd say it takes a marxist to be good at business.

nah; i wouldn't say so.

*thinks about mark in AS business module*

:cool:

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2005, 06:17 AM
I dropped out. It sucked. Plus I had personal issues that had to be dealt with before I took academics seriously. I've dealt with tons of things and now I'm on my way to some good ish.

So yeah. The social aspect was brutal, especially the gang warfare over here.

live_fast_gurl
04-17-2005, 06:19 AM
to go into stupid details ; my high school had so many doors it was unbelievable ( especially because my primary was open plan) every meter you atepped there was another pair of swing doors to open

DJMossimo!
04-17-2005, 06:31 AM
hating highschool, i sit in classes all day sneeking books into my classes, i'm reading state of fear by michael crichton :p :p

live_fast_gurl
04-17-2005, 06:38 AM
hating highschool, i sit in classes all day sneeking books into my classes, i'm reading state of fear by michael crichton :p :p
thats the dud e who wrote jurassic park , right?

foxy
04-17-2005, 07:48 AM
i go at break to see my friend then go home again i only go to school like 2 days a week

original_psycho
04-17-2005, 08:34 AM
I absolutely hate school. And I still have 4 years to go. I just can't take it anymore. I wanna do what I want, not to go to school and study like my parents and teachers say. I just don't like doing what other people tell me to do. I'm not even good at anything, so why bother? Argh, just fuck it. I'm left with listening to music during classes to keep me awake and interested in something...

JoY
04-17-2005, 09:44 AM
I absolutely hate school. And I still have 4 years to go. I just can't take it anymore. I wanna do what I want, not to go to school and study like my parents and teachers say. I just don't like doing what other people tell me to do. I'm not even good at anything, so why bother? Argh, just fuck it. I'm left with listening to music during classes to keep me awake and interested in something...
well, what do you want to become? if you want to do later what you want, you'll have to be able to do it. learning things isn't so bad, if you look at it. if you give it a chance & a put a bit effort in it, things might even become interesting to you. high school is something everyone, no matter how pubertal & repbellious, has to go through. I'm sure you'll survive & get there. =)

original_psycho
04-17-2005, 11:11 AM
That's the problem. I don't know what I want to become. I'm not good at anything. The best solution for me would be working in a McDonald's, full time. Or becoming a hobo, whatever.
And I just can't study. I just can't. I'm just really stupid, I guess...
Life is too complicated, especially in Romania. =/
Oh well...

crazy_offspring_gal
04-17-2005, 11:16 AM
iv only got a year left (thank fuck!) i cant stand it!
the school is really big, it takes like 10-15 mins just to get to the other side of the school!, and to many stair cases! arg!
my school life revolvs around long hall ways and stair cases!
goimg to a college to be a paramedic! yay!

JoY
04-17-2005, 11:31 AM
That's the problem. I don't know what I want to become. I'm not good at anything. The best solution for me would be working in a McDonald's, full time. Or becoming a hobo, whatever.
And I just can't study. I just can't. I'm just really stupid, I guess...
Life is too complicated, especially in Romania. =/
Oh well...
just study. just do it. even without knowing what you want to do with the work you're doing now. you'll see half of the courses aren't as bad as they seem & when you actually know what the courses are about, what it is like to actually *study* them, you'll find out soon enough what you want to become in the process of studying. it's perfect.

I don't know what life is like in Romania, but I can't imagine it isn't as modern with as many systems that embrace all losers & strugglers, as any other country that isn't entirely backwards. I can't imagine, that even if you put effort in something, you could still end up being absolutely, entirely worthless to society. in most countries these days, it just takes some effort & then you'll get at least *somewhere*, where you'll be slightly alright to fine.

you go girl.

original_psycho
04-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Well, I'll try. Maybe I'll get into something, I don't know. But I'll try.
Damn, I hope that it will be worth something.

And about Romania, everything you said is true. And, well, I hate it. I've been to other countries and let me just say that it sucks compared to them.
I keep dreaming about moving to Amsterdam, but I'm sure that it will never happen.
Oh well...

Thanks anyway =)

foxy
04-17-2005, 11:43 AM
iv only got a year left (thank fuck!) i cant stand it!
the school is really big, it takes like 10-15 mins just to get to the other side of the school!, and to many stair cases! arg!
my school life revolvs around long hall ways and stair cases!
goimg to a college to be a paramedic! yay!

my school like that but all my classes are up on the top floor one minuite and then gorund floor the next all day im just up down up down it does your head in
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

Chris
04-17-2005, 11:44 AM
^ We don't do general studies until upper sixth, did key skills this year - god it was crap!

Isn't it curious how only English people have responded to this so far? :p

Come on, I'd never done Business before A Level and got pretty near full marks on one module and a high mark for the second :p It's a bit more of a slog second year, but I guess it didn't help going through six teachers on the way.

crazy_offspring_gal
04-17-2005, 12:32 PM
my school like that but all my classes are up on the top floor one minuite and then gorund floor the next all day im just up down up down it does your head in
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:
we always get told off for being l8 for classes, we have a bell wich we have 5mins to ge to our next lesson were our class is located, 5mins is too short! me and m8s always stop to have a fag! haha NEED MORE TIME!!

zulluf
04-19-2005, 12:12 AM
High School, do you like it, or does it suck?
...i kinda like school...but i hate tests and teachers and classes...i only go to school for my friends... :D

nameless
04-19-2005, 03:35 PM
i hated high school! id never ever go back there, no real reason for it, just couldnt stand the place!