PDA

View Full Version : ultimate awesomeness

sKratch
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
So I played with my frisbee team at Metro East sectionals this weekend and we eliminated Ithaca (ex girlfriend's men's team, with her current boyfriend on it) and it felt so good. I'm not really going to go into any game details because there's a good chance no one will have any idea what I'm talking about. If anyone's interested I'll go into games.
We went 3-3 and didn't qualify for regionals but we played fucking hard. Don't even know why I'm posting this here but maybe someone will be excited...

nieh
04-17-2005, 08:35 PM
YEAH!!! ULTIMATE!!!

because it won't let me type in all caps...

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm an up and coming frisbee enthusiast, so I think it's pretty cool. Congratulations on combining your love of frisbee and your hatred of slimy, back stabbing ex girlfriends/new boyfriends together with the taste of sweet victory!

sKratch
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
The city has a great ultimate scene. I'm sure you can find a lot of pick up games with guys that would be more than willing to teach you how to play. Also, I highly advise finding out of your school has a team because teams are always looking for more players (unless they've got some sick squad and are real elite about shit). It's a great game.

sKratch
04-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Try vicodin instead. I think it's still in my fridge at home.

Mota Boy
04-17-2005, 11:18 PM
If I were to give you my mailing address...

Oh, and my high school had an ultimate frisbee team. It started off as a joke sport, without any official school sanction or coaches, but its first year we won our division cup.

sKratch
04-18-2005, 05:48 AM
I wish we had real frisbee in high school =/
We tried to coach ourselves only we didn't actually know what we were doing. I thought I was God's gift to the sport though. After this semester I'm gonna try and teach the kids back home how it's played ;o

Nina
04-18-2005, 09:46 AM
fun fact of the day: nina is supposed to play ultimate frisbee in gym class for the next few classes.

interesting! - nina knows how to do that!!!!

hehehehe.

oh and i suggest you come to germany and kick my teacher's ass for stating that ultimate frisbee is not really a type of sport.

she is an idiot, you see.

it does tire ME.

...wow i'm exhausted.

sKratch
04-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Hah ultimate is such an exausting sport. Anyone who says it's a fake sport doesn't actually know anything about how it's played competatively between teams that know what they are doing. It consists of constantly cutting up and down a 75 yard field (~75 meters) and laying out / bidding / skying people. My body tends to hurt a lot after a 2 day tournament adding up to anywhere between 6-10 games total.

ROFLMASTER
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
All I play is soccer...but that's nothing uncommon here in Germany...

Nina
04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Hah ultimate is such an exausting sport. Anyone who says it's a fake sport doesn't actually know anything about how it's played competatively between teams that know what they are doing. It consists of constantly cutting up and down a 75 yard field (~75 meters) and laying out / bidding / skying people. My body tends to hurt a lot after a 2 day tournament adding up to anywhere between 6-10 games total.

to explain my teacher's side a little, we dont really use that much space, but thats only because we are not good enough in it yet (two hours isnt really much, eh?) but it is exhausting nontheless if you actually MOVE your body and try to play properly (isnt it the worst thing in the world to play with people who just dont give a fuck?).

i give you loads of credit for playing ultimate frisbee :D

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2005, 11:31 PM

I totally agree with your post, but it does remind me of a hilarious letter I once read in a magazine...can't remember if it was Sports Illustrated or Maxim, but likely the latter:

Letter: Ultimate Frisbee not a sport? If all that running, jumping, attention to defensive/offensive shifts/situations, all in 90 degree whether, all that constant speed...if that doesn't constitute a sport, then what does?
Answer: Football.

Vera
04-19-2005, 12:29 AM
It still includes a thing you throw for your dog to catch.

Colour me suspicious.