PDA

View Full Version : I had a 5 hour nap today

wheelchairman
04-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Ah yes, it was brilliant. Two hours of Financial Management were cancelled. So my first instinct was to go home and nap, which is what I did. I lay right down and didn't get up for 5 hours. I could've stayed in bed longer, however dinner called.

I feel refreshed. There is nothing better than a nap. I'd say it's right up there with a night of sex and cuddling.

I nearly got more hours napping than I did sleeping. But that's because I was reading a book on the bus home last night, and missed my stops, and had to take a taxi home. *sigh*

So, this is a discussion for napping, how often do y'all nap. For how long. etc.
I usually nap a few times a week for an hour or so.

Iddy
04-18-2005, 10:43 AM
i wish i had a nap.. i tried earlier, i felt all weak but it never happened. i had very little sleep last night too.

i don't nap often... maybe for an hour once a fortnight. its not to good because then i don't sleep at night. i napped alot last summer but it was because we had a gas leak and i was being slowly poisoned.

Betty
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
This is a pretty terrible topic, in a not-so-bad way.

I only learned how to nap once I got to University and realized how exhausted it could make me. I don't nap that often due to lack of napping time, but last week when I wrote 4 exams after getting about 2 hours of sleep, I napped many times during the day. It was great.

The thing that sucks about napping is it means you have to go through the worst feeling in the world (waking up) twice in the same day. Ugh! But this is in exchange for feeling more refreshed about half an hour later.

Mostly I have my naps in class. Front row centre... snoring. My classmates make fun of me... the professors never say anything... I hope they are not offended... it is not to insult them, I am merely exhausted.

Iddy
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
actually my professers told me that if you want to nap in a lecture then the front row is the best place. they never look there.

wheelchairman
04-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Excellent point Betty on the worst feeling in the world. That is always a downside. But it eventually does balance out. I know what you mean though, I never really nap except when I'm pressured by my studies and it becomes a necessity. I certainly didn't appreciate it as a kid. Which is such a pity.

I find that napping is also something I strongly desire directly after lunch. If only my classes didn't get in the way.

Iddy- Carbon Monoxide leak? That can be incredibly dangerous. I'm glad you got that taken care of.

foxy
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Ah yes, it was brilliant. Two hours of Financial Management were cancelled. So my first instinct was to go home and nap, which is what I did. I lay right down and didn't get up for 5 hours. I could've stayed in bed longer, however dinner called.

I feel refreshed. There is nothing better than a nap. I'd say it's right up there with a night of sex and cuddling.

I nearly got more hours napping than I did sleeping. But that's because I was reading a book on the bus home last night, and missed my stops, and had to take a taxi home. *sigh*

So, this is a discussion for napping, how often do y'all nap. For how long. etc.
I usually nap a few times a week for an hour or so.

good for you

the_GoDdEsS
04-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I usually can't fall asleep in the afternoon. Not even if I'm hungover. Only when I'm sick and have fever or something. But last week I was so tired I managed to sleep for two hours between 4 and 6. It was real good but it makes me go sleepy for the rest of the day.

Mota Boy
04-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I only learned how to nap junior year of high school. Before then I'd never been able to fall asleep during the daytime. Fall of junior year I was never in bed before 2:30 a.m. and averaged about five or so hours of sleep a night, including weekends. I used to fantasize about collapsing into a coma while walking to school.

I might take a nap today, seeing as I only got about two or three hours of sleep last night, but I can deal with very little sleep quite well.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
The thing that sucks about napping is it means you have to go through the worst feeling in the world (waking up) twice in the same day. Ugh! But this is in exchange for feeling more refreshed about half an hour later.

True, but if you're like me, you usually nap on a sofa or something, so therefore it's easier to get up. Plus, you nap in your clothes.

Jackish
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
True, but if you're like me, you usually nap on a sofa or something, so therefore it's easier to get up. Plus, you nap in your clothes.

I am a nap virgin.

What qualifies as a nap? Falling asleep, or just chilling out?

I may have to try it tomorrow after my daily 4 mile walk...

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Napping for between an hour and 6.

Old people have an uncanny knack for it.

Jackish
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Napping for between an hour and 6.

Old people have an uncanny knack for it.

Does it always make you feel more "refreshed", as it were?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, usually. But whenever I do it I can never sleep on the night.

Jackish
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Yes, usually. But whenever I do it I can never sleep on the night.

Damn, I'm an awful sleeper as it is. I'll give this whole napping thing a trial run tomorrow...

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
The only time I ever walk 4 miles is if there isn't any other form of transport avaliable, up to and including horses and Segways.

Jackish
04-18-2005, 04:00 PM
The only time I ever walk 4 miles is if there isn't any other form of transport avaliable, up to and including horses and Segways.

Heh... I like walking, so i do. Its good fun... Man i used to walk with friends for hours, get chased by what are known as "pikeys", go to this girls house... Ahh, happy times. Then things fucked up. /sad ending

ninth
04-18-2005, 04:01 PM
From time to time I'll nap for an hour or so at around 10pm, but only if I think that I'll be too tired too stay up during my shift (11pm to 5am). Naps aren't so bad but I kinda view them as a waste of time otherwise.

Betty
04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I agree. Sleeping is a huge waste of time. I only nap when I'm so exhausted I feel like I'm gonna die. Which I suppose is often enough. Generally I can get over my tiredness by evening.

0r4ng3
04-18-2005, 05:15 PM
i try not to nap cuz i feel like throwing up afterwards (is that normal?)

anyway, sometimes i do nap, especially when i dont want to
________
Shemale Fat (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/960/fat/videos/1)