PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Day

Mota Boy
04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm really looking forward to the day when the U.S. eventually wins the war on terror and finally eradicates the specter of militant Islamic terrorism. Not so much because I think life will be markedly more peaceful at that point, but Hitler is starting to get a little old as the go-to guy for random irreverent humor, and it's just too soon for Osama.

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2005, 01:51 PM
That is a really good point. Plus, just think of the things people will be able to rhyme with Osama. Beautiful.

JoY
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
lama? Alabama?

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Karma, coke and ramma.

Don't underestimate the "unfunniness" of today's generation!

JoY
04-18-2005, 01:55 PM
or the inability to rhyme. :p

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Inability to rhyme/incredible ability to mispronounce words in an attempt to rhyme, you mean! :D

NIX-on-the-MAN
04-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Aren't these threads considered spamming? :(

wheelchairman
It's never too early to make Osama jokes.

I'm looking forward to the war on slightly-threatening entities and feelings.

and just out of bitterness,

The War on Sharing, because I hate children's shows.

JoY
yeah. & I guess "supercalifragilistic" rhymes too, eh?
nar nar.

JohnnyNemesis
They may have the same title, but they're each different and usually stimulate conversation, whether serious or humorous.

So nope, not spamming.

Mota Boy
04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
It's never too early to make Osama jokes.
Well, there's certainly a way to do it well, but what's funnier at the moment:

"So today I ate a big bowl of my favorite cereal - Hitlercrisps!"
"So today I ate a big bowl of my favorite cereal - Osamaloops!"

?

And Johnny, not to mention yo mama.

Vera
04-18-2005, 11:31 PM
At 9 AM, I do not get you.

Nicole
04-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Are you saying Hitler will be replaced by terrorists in humour?

Vera
04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Teh terrorists will never have the evil appeal of Hitler.

sKratch
04-19-2005, 08:26 AM
So then, effectively, the terrorists will have defeated Hitler and must therefore be made our allies. Intriguing.

Mota Boy
04-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Teh terrorists will never have the evil appeal of Hitler.
...says the European. It's hard to argue that Idi Amin and Pol Pot don't deserve a place amongst the most evil leaders in the 20th century, but few Americans/Europeans bother to think about them, as their atrocities were so remote. Osama is closer to us both geographically and temporally, so while he might not outweight the Hit man in terms of crime for crime, his psychological evil appeal is still powerful.

Nicole - I'm saying that eventually a successive generation will come along that will trivialize the demons of its parents/grandparents and try to use the shock of doing so to get a cheap laugh.

Perhaps the use of Hitler as a comic device has been hastened by the internet - you'd never see, say, the Fonz have a wacky mishap involving a large portrait of The Führer. The Simpsons could invoke Hitler and still be cutting edge, Family Guy could do it sloppily but still be bluntly shocking. With the advent of hundreds of webcomics and other internet humor outlets, however, Hitler is the go-to guy for a random, slightly subversive laugh.

Vera
04-19-2005, 11:46 AM
We don't know where Osama is. How do you know he's close to you geographically?

Did you liek meet him? lolz