PDA

View Full Version : Americana

ruroken
04-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Punk or Pop?

Mannen som blev en gris
04-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Damn....I'm too late....You could've chosen "thread tools" > "post a poll" on the other thread, but I guess it's too late now. :p

ruroken
04-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Damn it.
BTW, this is a public poll...

offspring kid
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Punk or Pop?

Offcourse punk whats wrong with you ??

ruroken
04-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Well, SPLINTER and CoO are pop so I needed to know about Americana...

Mannen som blev en gris
04-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Offcourse punk whats wrong with you ??
It isn't really that easy. I would choose punk/rock but that wasn't an option.

ruroken
04-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Same thing. DAMN IT!!!

Hypodermic_89
04-19-2005, 12:33 PM

You are probably the most stupid person alive if you think that Splinter is pop

ruroken
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Not really, I'm going by opinions I've seen on the BBS. It has nothing to do with my own opinion.

blackballs
04-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Whoa, hold up. Did you just call Splinter pop? You are just a fucking retard. Did you even listen to all the songs on the CD? Maybe you should stop going by other peoples opinions and just get your own.

Jimbob2005
04-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Rhetorical question...........

burning-the-high-life
04-19-2005, 02:05 PM
in my opinion off spring have never really done any pop song at least i hope not i would be mad :mad:

blackballs
04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Rhetorical question...........
What do you mean by rhetorical?

Jimbob2005
04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
What do you mean by rhetorical?
No answer required (what rhetorical means) - Americana is punk, end of story

ruroken
04-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Damn it. Everyone says stuff and...
if Americana where punk, why isn't it mentioned alongside IGNITION and SMASH? IXNAY doesn't deserve such an honor though...

Revolver-2005?
04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
if Americana where punk, why isn't it mentioned alongside IGNITION and SMASH? IXNAY doesn't deserve such an honor though...

um...dude...ixnay is awesome...u really really need to fall in a hole and die

americana is pretty damn punk...yeah pretty fly and wdygaj are kinda poppish but...hey not to bad

splinter is definitly not pop...maybe hit that though..

ruroken
04-19-2005, 02:57 PM
You're a dumbass. You fall in ditch etc.

Homer
04-19-2005, 03:11 PM

fuck! Are you really THAT stupid? Ixnay's a fucking great CD, and Splinter and CoO are NOT pop!!!! If you don't like these CDs, then you're not an Offspring fan. Get off of these boards.

Forza
04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
pretty fly and wdygaj were pretty much poprock, but the rest is punkrock.

nameless
04-19-2005, 03:23 PM
punk, theres no way it should be considered a pop record, there only 3 songs that could be considered pop on it!

Mr. Noodles
04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Punk or Pop?
No one's gonna choose pop!
It's one of the punkiest albums ever!
When I downloaded the album onto my computer, I'd have it on repeat!

Unnatural Disaster
04-19-2005, 05:42 PM
punk.......

Homer
04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
funk...........

ruroken
04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
I don't have it. That's why I asked. Ixnay is great, but "I Choose" is pop except for the guitar riff. It's not as good as IGNITION or SMASH.

ruroken
04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
No one's gonna choose pop!
It's one of the punkiest albums ever!
When I downloaded the album onto my computer, I'd have it on repeat!
Wrong. One person did.

Jackish
04-20-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't have it. That's why I asked. Ixnay is great, but "I Choose" is pop except for the guitar riff. It's not as good as IGNITION or SMASH.

He's right.

Hyper nova
04-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Not a single song of thiers is a "pop" song. Some however are Poppier or Poppish compared to thier other songs but not one is an actual pop song. even PF(FAWG) is not pop.

Its all relative. Americana is relativly poppy compare to earlier albums but is very much punk compaird to say Busted or Mcfly.

Btw if you only have Ignition, Smash and Ixnay please buy CO1 and Splinter, listen to them before you say they are pop albums and dont just steal other peoples opinions (wrongly by the looks of it). Oh and if you want a punk album no questions asked buy the S/T album.

All there albums are awesome and PUNK. Definately one of the best punk bands around. (I know Dexter even said himself that he didnt fell that they are punk but hey what are you going to do)

fockuman05
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
crime is every bodys friend
we all do it

Iddy
04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
why is it, if something is catchy you instantly label it as pop? hit that and i choose are super cool catchy songs. pop is short for popular and is a soft type of music aimed at a large group of people (usually but not always for profit). i doubt if your average pop fan on the street will like splinter, i choose or ignition for that matter.

and btw... an opinion is not fact, let ruroken have one.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-20-2005, 09:42 AM
fuck! Are you really THAT stupid? Ixnay's a fucking great CD, and Splinter and CoO are NOT pop!!!! If you don't like these CDs, then you're not an Offspring fan. Get off of these boards.
The thing she ment was that Ixnay isn't punk! She didn't say it was a bad album....

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 10:45 AM
You are probably the most stupid person alive if you think that Splinter is pop

splinter is DEFINATELY more pop. co1 isn't as pop but still is. americana and all that came before it be not pop but punk. now go and spread the gospel my children or i shall smote you...

Hypodermic_89
04-20-2005, 12:19 PM
splinter is DEFINATELY pop. co1 isn't as pop but still is. americana and all that came before it be not pop but punk. now go and spread the gospel my children or i shall smote you...

how the hell can you call splinter pop? alright, it has Hit That and Worst Hangover ever. TWO SONGS!!! You canīt say that the whole CD is pop just because of two songs, and the rest is DEFINATLY not pop! I mean if you think that Neocon, The Noose, Long Way Home, Race Against Myself, (Canīt Get My) Head Around You, Never Gonna Find Me, Lightning Rod, Spare Me The Details and Da Hui are pop songs.. Well then you are a FUCKING moron!! And one more thing, if youīre gonna call The Offspring pop, youīd better say why you think theyīre pop. Donīt come here saying that Splinter is pop without telling why you think itīs pop

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
how the hell can you call splinter pop? alright, it has Hit That and Worst Hangover ever. TWO SONGS!!! You canīt say that the whole CD is pop just because of two songs, and the rest is DEFINATLY not pop! I mean if you think that Neocon, The Noose, Long Way Home, Race Against Myself, (Canīt Get My) Head Around You, Never Gonna Find Me, Lightning Rod, Spare Me The Details and Da Hui are pop songs.. Well then you are a FUCKING moron!! And one more thing, if youīre gonna call The Offspring pop, youīd better say why you think theyīre pop. Donīt come here saying that Splinter is pop without telling why you think itīs pop

calm down, i said it was more pop than the other albums, not that it was bad. the noose is really good, as is neocon, lightning rod and da hui. i think when you're in prison let the rest of the album down though...
anyway, how many albums do you own pissyboy?

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Well.... Spare Me The Details IS a popsong (it isn't a punksong by far). And Race Against Myself also isn't a punksong at all... it's a rocksong.

Hypodermic_89
04-20-2005, 12:32 PM
calm down, i said it was more pop than the other albums, not that it was bad. the noose is really good, as is neocon, lightning rod and da hui. i think when you're in prison let the rest of the album down though...

you think itīs MORE pop? Splinter is the LEAST pop CD after IoTH

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM

you're wrong dude...

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM

*chokes*
you stupid twat, ioth is NO WAY pop! god, frickin moron...
answer my album question

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:35 PM
*chokes*
you stupid twat, ionth is NO WAY pop! god, frickin moron...
answer my album question

He said AFTER IotH

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
He said AFTER IotH
oh ok. but still, s/t is most punk then ignition,smash,ioth,americana,co1 and THEN splinter

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:42 PM
oh ok. but still, s/t is most punk then ignition,smash,ioth,americana,co1 and THEN splinter

I think Splinter is more punk than CO1, but that's just my opinion... :rolleyes:

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I think Splinter is more punk than CO1, but that's just my opinion... :rolleyes:

fair enough we all deserve opinions.

then get beaten up over them *cou-hypodermic_89-gh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mannen som blev en gris
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I have to be on Hypodermic's side (mainly because he's from Sweden :) ). I don't think Splinter's pop. It's heavier than Ixnay On The Hombre, no doubt. I say heavier, NOT that it's more punk! Splinter is the least punk album according to me, it's heavy punkrock. And the fact that an album is more pop than another doesn't make it bad! Just wanted to say what I think.

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
then get beaten up over them *cou-hypodermic_89-gh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

where is he anyway... i'm waiting for his opinion :rolleyes:

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
I have to be on Hypordemic's side (mainly because he's from Sweden :) ). I don't think Splinter's pop. It's heavier than Ixnay On The Hombre, no doubt. I say heavier, NOT that it's more punk! Splinter is the least punk album according to me, it's heavy punkrock. And the fact that an album is more pop than another doesn't make it bad! Just wanted to say what I think.

it isnt bad, just not punk

simple as that

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I have to be on Hypodermic's side (mainly because he's from Sweden :) ). I don't think Splinter's pop. It's heavier than Ixnay On The Hombre, no doubt. I say heavier, NOT that it's more punk! Splinter is the least punk album according to me, it's heavy punkrock. And the fact that an album is more pop than another doesn't make it bad! Just wanted to say what I think.

Dude.............................................. .. SHUT UP!!!! (just kidding ;) )

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM

he isnt worth bread and water, dont hold your breath

Mannen som blev en gris
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Sweden's pretty small, so if I shout really loud, I bet he'd respond..... :p

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
what are you waiting for? ;)

Mannen som blev en gris
04-20-2005, 12:51 PM
HYPODERMIC!!!!!

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
FIDO! DINDINS!

BuddyHolly
04-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Doens't help that much :p

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 12:58 PM
i hope has been eaten up by a hole in the ground and become satan's bitch. yes, he is. you can hear the sound of whip on bastard now...

theoffspringrock
04-20-2005, 01:17 PM
The offspring are punk rock and definately not pop cause if you look in HMV they are classed under metal

notoriousdoc
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
The offspring are punk rock and definately not pop cause if you look in HMV they are classed under metal

correction, they were punk. they've sold out, but i still like them and they're in correctly classed, they are not metal but punk (they're earlier stuff anyway)

theoffspringrock
04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
They are still going cause they are getting a greatest hits with new material on it

Tripman
05-05-2005, 06:48 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMbop

yami
05-05-2005, 07:15 PM
punk
well i think that most offspring's songs r punk or punk-rock . and wdygaj pretty and hit that :confused: :confused: well aren't no as punk as others :confused: