PDA

View Full Version : self esteem live with basket case

dain84
04-19-2005, 07:05 PM
have you heard the Live recording of self esteem with Basket Case by Green Day right before it? It's awesome!

bhg_rulz2
04-19-2005, 08:34 PM
its offspring...they cover like 20 seconds of basket case...don you recognize the voice of dexter? :P

dain84
04-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I know. I'm saying they covered it then started self esteem and the crowd sang some lines of self esteem.

icklebabygremlin
05-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Its a good thing ofspring are takin the piss you can tell coz he trys to sing like that dickhead billy joe wat a silly name

darko
05-15-2005, 12:03 PM
don you recognize the voice of dexter? :P

the voice of dexter??? what the.....english isnt your first lanugage huh?

notoriousdoc
05-15-2005, 12:06 PM

His English is as good, if not better than yours.

Thier live cover of undone by Weezer is good as well

darko
05-15-2005, 12:15 PM
His English is as good, if not better than yours.

Thier live cover of undone by Weezer is good as well

ooooo have i pissed of a senior????

Noodles is gay
05-15-2005, 12:16 PM

Actually, there's absolutely nothing wrong in saying ‘the voice of Dexter’ – the voice belongs to Dexter hence the genitive form is required; the genitive form being ‘of’. The only problem that I can see in saying ‘of Dexter’ is that it’s not a very common construction in English (although a great deal of other languages would use ‘of’ or change the ending of the word) because we usually just add apostrophe s.

Oh, is English not your first language either? You didn’t capitalize ‘English’ and you don’t seem to realize the need for an apostrophe in ‘isnt’. ‘Lanugage’ is obviously a typo so I’ll forgive you for that.

You, my friend, are an utter ignoramus.

Dear me...such ignorance wouldn't exist if Latin was still compulsory in all schools.

darko
05-15-2005, 12:18 PM
ONG u ppl are talking this WAY to serious!!! actually English isnt my first its gaelic!

Noodles is gay
05-15-2005, 12:21 PM
ONG u ppl are talking this WAY to serious!!! actually English isnt my first its gaelic!

I think you mean 'Oh my god; you people are taking this way too seriously.

Gaelic-speaking places are close enough to England, you were obviously raised around people who speak English (unless you live in a cave in Scotland) and so you should be able to type it without making yourself look moronic. In that, you have failed.

Advice:

1. Leave bhg_rulz2 alone - his English is better than yours.
2. Leave this board.
3. Invest in some English lessons.
4. Familiarize yourself with an apostrophe.

darko
05-15-2005, 12:25 PM
i was taught english in school.....why u trying to be so smart w your english suck thing? listen LIGHTEN UP.....oh of course i forgot the rules....try an belittle any newbie's on the board JUST just your a senior member...listen honey....all that proves is u have NO LIFE!

Noodles is gay
05-15-2005, 12:30 PM
i was taught english in school.....why u trying to be so smart w your english suck thing? listen LIGHTEN UP.....oh of course i forgot the rules....try an belittle any newbie's on the board JUST just your a senior member...listen honey....all that proves is u have NO LIFE!

Ok, now you're using apostrophes in the wrong places! And still forgetting others - just a note but 'you're' and 'your' are not the same thing.

You forgot the rules? They’re quite simple really.

I’m sorry; I don’t quite understand what ‘w your English suck thing’ means. I have an idea but still…

It doesn’t prove that I have no life – all it proves is that I happen to be aware of the basic rules of constructing a sentence in English. That is all it proves. Well that, and perhaps that you’re retarded having forgotten these simple rules.

darko
05-15-2005, 12:35 PM
on my god.....you are sooo sad!

Noodles is gay
05-15-2005, 12:42 PM
yes, quite - I'm sad for knowing the basic rules of English. Of course.

Now my turn:

on my god.....you are sooo retarded (for attempting to correct someone who was actually right)!

darko
05-15-2005, 12:55 PM
yes, quite - I'm sad for knowing the basic rules of English. Of course.

Now my turn:

on my god.....you are sooo retarded (for attempting to correct someone who was actually right)!

try and think, first language gaelic....i have to convert everything from gaelic to English, yes was taught English in school, but it still goes in as gaelic and has to be converted over to english! it got bugger all to do with 'basic rules of English'

Of course u wont understand cus, lets face it, English is SOOO ur first language!

Noodles is gay
05-15-2005, 01:01 PM
So basically your excuse for looking like a complete idiot by correcting someone who was right is that English is not your first language? Interesting, but perchance you may have learnt from this experience that unless you are sure of something you don't correct others. Maybe?

And that patronizing tone makes it sound as though you think I, like most English people, am only acquainted with one language. That is wrong, for I am fluent in English, Latin, ancient Greek and German. And in all of these languages I know the basic rules, I understand the basic rules and, most importantly, I follow the basic rules. You, do not, and there is no excuse for it. So, actually I do understand.

phoenix
05-15-2005, 03:29 PM
there aint anything wrong with that but if your going to be petty over grammer then.,...u must hate a lotta stuff that goes on then...what about when people miss out pronouns?

IXNAY123
05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
lol, i love when people piss people off

melbert
05-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Fight! Fight! Fight!