PDA

View Full Version : Wine tastes nasty as it gets warmer

RXP
04-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Straight out the fridge it's nice (white wine that is). But as it gets warmer it starts tasting awful. Gonna have to use ice cubes.

wheelchairman
04-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I'd say wine tastes worse the colder it gets. It's like whisky that way. You don't drink it to get drunk (like beer), one is supposed to enjoy it with a meal or a book. Although I prefer not to drink and read, too bizarre.

live_fast_gurl
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
personally , i hate wine pretty much altogether

Mota Boy
04-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd say that the only food that tastes as good hot as it does cold is fried chicken. Some people claim that pizza also has this property, but they are wrong.

RXP
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Subway's taste good HOT and COLD! The HEALTHY alternative to FAST FOOD!

Jimbob2005
04-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I dont like wine altogether - beer is better

RXP
04-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Beer is sick. Cider is nice.

Rye
04-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Subway's taste good HOT and COLD! The HEALTHY alternative to FAST FOOD!

Yes! And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as well.

HornyPope
04-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Wine needs to be served under special temperature. Never cold nor warm.

RXP
04-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Woudl that be called Room Temp?

Besdies what wine needs to be done and doesn't need to be done can blow me off. I like things the way I like them.

wheelchairman
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Beer is sick. Cider is nice.
Agreed 100%
We don't get good cider here. So I have to drink imported Magners, very expensive.

RXP
04-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Cider is for pussies like us tho WCM. Real men drink Beer apparently. Casue it tastes awful and it makes them feel manly and make up for their lack of penis length/girth.

Iddy
04-20-2005, 03:21 PM
white wine is drunk cold, red wine at room temp. White wine can keep in the fridge for a couple a of days but red wine should not be kept longer than a day as it goes all sour.

I'm partial to a south african pinotage myself... oh and my guiness (of course) and rum (pirate at heart).

HornyPope
04-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Woudl that be called Room Temp?

Besdies what wine needs to be done and doesn't need to be done can blow me off. I like things the way I like them.

No, it needs to be few degrees under that.

sKratch
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
A) I hate warm wine. I was already rather drunk and I could still barely swallow this warm wine one time.
B) All beer does not taste terrible. If you can't take it you're a bitch. It's just like coffee and semen in terms of aquired taste.
C) My penis is huge.

RXP
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
How big?

Mr. T
04-20-2005, 03:23 PM
I love beer!

Jimbob2005
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Beer and cider are fine drinks. So is schnapps and bailey's - I love bailey's!

DJMossimo!
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
A) I hate warm wine. I was already rather drunk and I could still barely swallow this warm wine one time.
B) All beer does not taste terrible. If you can't take it you're a bitch. It's just like coffee and semen in terms of aquired taste.
C) My penis is huge.
what does one's penis have to do with alcohalic beverages?

RXP
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Penis's elected the pope. You don't know how far it goes. It controls everything, what you eat, what you drink and even what Catholics worship..

JoY
04-20-2005, 03:43 PM
I like white wine when it's cold. I often put icecubes in it. not because I'm a pussy & can't handle a 12% drink (or how much percent alcohol does white wine in average got?), but just because it's refreshing.

I'm not a really patient girl. in fact, I'm rather impatient when it comes to things. (not people) buying wine (white, or rose) & waiting for it to cool off in the fridge isn't really my kind of thing. opening red wine & letting it breathe, what? it's made out of squished grapes. it's by definition officially dead. it doesn't need to fucking breathe.

I remember my mother & I were in Prague & we went to a very fancy-pancy restaurant. (for your information, my mother is kind of a fancy-pancy type of person) we'd shopped that entire day & all we craved for was liiitle alcohol. the waiter comes, brings us the wine, we want to pour it in & he says "NO, no no no, let breathe missus." my mother raises his eyebrow at him, waits about two seconds, looks at the bottle (or vase, whatever they put it in, it was weird), looks back at him & then says; "yeah well, enough breathing for today, I want wine." haha. in some ways, I guess I am a bit like her. & I'm proud.

HornyPope
04-20-2005, 03:58 PM
PENIS IN THE BUTT

JoY
04-20-2005, 04:01 PM
PENIS IN THE BUTT
'scuze me?

HornyPope
04-20-2005, 04:02 PM
IN THE BUTT!

sKratch
04-20-2005, 06:07 PM
lolz that's where the poops come from

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Cider is for pussies like us tho WCM. Real men drink Beer apparently. Casue it tastes awful and it makes them feel manly and make up for their lack of penis length/girth.

*Puts hand up slightly*

Actually I quite like the taste of beer..

sebaspunk
04-20-2005, 07:11 PM
al long as i get drunk ....
mix beer with wine and you'll get a good drink

nitropenguin!
04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
PENIS IN THE BUTT

'scuze me?

IN THE BUTT!

*Laughs* I'm sorry but this easily amused me... odd mood. =/

I'd elaborate on the topic, but I haven't drunk alcohol just yet.

JohnnyNemesis
04-20-2005, 08:17 PM

I love this guy.

Betty
04-20-2005, 08:28 PM
My thoughts:

Wine is good all the time.

When I am rich and drink wine nightly with my dinner, my tastes may be more refined.

Beer is also good all the time. Cold is best, but warm is drinkable.

ninth
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
I rather prefer tequila (especially when it's cold).
I got drunk on beer once, it was not a pleasant experience.

HornyPope
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
SKRATCH LOVES BUTT SECKS.

I don't like beer anymore. Unless we're out and i'm drinking to get trashed.

Camilamazed
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
It indeed does. Wine tastes good cold :D

sKratch
04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
I love this guy.
Mm that was one time where I definitely grasped the full genius of what I was saying as I did it. I thank you fullheartedly for expressing your appreciation.
<3back@u =^.~=

sKratch
04-20-2005, 10:46 PM
SKRATCH LOVES BUTT SECKS.

I don't like beer anymore. Unless we're out and i'm drinking to get trashed.
Vlad, we've been through this before. But I'm not gonna pull a Dave Shaw and and mention that I've had social interactions with a girl.
Man that was like quintiple sarcasm there... I'm not even sure where it stops.

Ninth -
I'm quite the opposite. I got drunk on tequilla one time and it was not good. Beer is no problem usually.

ninth
04-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Hangovers and general not good feelings (see also: dehydration) are automatically implied when one is consuming tequila. I like tequila though because it goes down quickly and therefore takes less time to become intoxicated by (that is, it takes a lot less time to drink seven or so shots of tequila and achieve mild to moderate inebriation than to drink seven or so malt beverages/mix drinks/beers to achieve the same effect). I don't much like the taste of alcohol, I drink for the sole reason of becoming intoxicated (I don't drink too horribly often either).

The reason I don't like is beer is simple, it made me vomit. I've never vomitted from drinking until I drank beer. The only reason I drank beer to begin with was it was at an aquaintance's birthday party and it was free. A good friend of mine and I split somewhere around five pitchers and I ended up vomitting in a pizzeria and not eating the pizza that I paid for. It was no good.

HornyPope
04-20-2005, 10:58 PM
"Social interactions" is the best euphemism for anal play. Ever! I propose we adopt it right away and baptize it forever in urban dictionary.

Brother Skratch, we males look up to you. May we all, one day, have open-minded, however trecherous, women for girlfriends. Cheers!

sKratch
04-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I can't stand the taste of tequilla and the after-burn. It's really gross to me. Plus, I have to admit, I'm terrible at doing shots. For some reason I'm just bad at getting it all down at one quick go.
I like beer because of the time it takes to get intoxicated. It's a fun journey to take with your friends. I don't drink too often and when I do, I don't like to go too far. Hard liquor is therefore more of a rarity for me. I do have a very good amount of vodka left though, and that provided me with a good night.

wheelchairman
04-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Ninth, I feel your pain, I can't drink beer either. Had too much cheap beer once and I puked from it.

And I live in a nation where spontaneous binge-drinking is a social-norm, especially if one is a member of the communist party. I usually carry a flask of Whisky in my coat pocket so that I can spike a cola if the others start buying large quantities of beer.

Betty
04-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Boo to all you guys! I think I was weaned on beer.

Anyway, beer is the best drink for an all day party. Start drinking early afternoon/morning and still going strong in the middle of the night. Maybe a couple random shots/mix drinks in the meantime... but mostly beer. And you can't end up sitting down too long because you have to pee too often. Drinking hard liquor in that situation could easily mean trouble.

For purely getting drunk purposes shots are good. The people I know have gotten most drunk in the worst way possible off of something like Fireball cause it goes down so quick and is fairly strong. I think tequila is kinda gross but it's more doable with the lime/salt trick, and I will have it if it's free. When I wanna get drunk really quick like if I wanna go out in a few minutes or something, I'll down a couple vodka shots. Also, shots are good when you wanna get drunk and not have to pee every 15 minutes.

wheelchairman
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
ah but pissing is part of the drinking experience. Oh the places I've pissed would shock some of you people.

ninth
04-21-2005, 12:38 AM
I think the most amazing place I've ever urinated was off of a bridge in a college town.

wheelchairman
04-21-2005, 12:45 AM
hmm I urinated on the seat in front of me, in the metro. (the seat of course, was empty)

ninth
04-21-2005, 12:55 AM
It would be amazing if the seat had been occupied.

Once I urinated in a bottle when I was at a (closed) stadium.

wheelchairman
04-21-2005, 01:05 AM
I once pissed on a flood lamp near the airport, nothing like seeing your own piss boil.

ninth
04-21-2005, 01:06 AM
That is definitely amazing.

RXP
04-21-2005, 02:38 AM
I've pissed in front of girls squating and pissing. It was quite the experience.

sKratch
04-21-2005, 05:57 AM
A) Vlad- Yes, I can forever remember this at least: "Haha, you got fucked in the ass. By me."
B) I agree with most of what Betty said, minus tequila. Just not a big fan at all.
C) Urination is indeed a critical part of the drunk experience. Some of my only memories from my first encounter with inebriation are peeing like 7 times. Because I've never drank in strange places, I've unfortunately never peed in strange places.
D) RXP, way to make it awkward.
E) My penis is huge.

RXP
04-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Na it was at Leeds festival everyone was pissing.

Also how big?

HornyPope
04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social+interactions

Vote.

Betty
04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Vote.

Done and done.

If you're outside or at somebody's house or something... peeing is cool. It's just... well... I guess the best example would be if I were at a show and wanted to keep my place and not have to go to the washroom... then it would suck. Or if I were at one of those bars with 2 stalls and a 30 minutes lineup for the washroom. That would also suck. Being a girl, I guess it's slightly less convenient (ie long lineups).

I've never peed anywhere really bizarre... just outside in random grassy fields/small bushes etc.

Mota Boy
04-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this topic, but I like it*.

I think the most amazing place I've ever urinated was off of a bridge in a college town.
I did that too. My school has a bridge going over a major road, and last year, on our way to a concert, a group of my friends and I all pissed off the bridge onto the street below.

Also, beer is good. Sure, the constant bathroom trips can get old, but I have much less of a desire to break the law than I get when I drink liquor. Also, it does taste good. I'll admit that I used to not like the taste, but now I thoroughly enjoy it - and WCM, I find a beer with a book, outside at sunset, is a nice way to pass the time. Personally though, I think that wine is the best balance of a mellow buzz and infrequent bathroom trips when I'm looking to get soused, but it's not really a party drink.

*anal sex

sKratch
04-21-2005, 05:32 PM
That was perhaps--PERHAPS--the greatest use and placement of a footnote I have ever seen in my life. For serious.

Ok now I gotta whore out my ub definitions:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pony&r=f
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nancy&defid=786321
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ownjie&defid=518335

You might not appreciate pony and ownjie if you're not a gamer.

No bass guitars were endangered in the making of this post.