PDA

View Full Version : Be realistic here...

quietimeating
04-20-2005, 03:11 PM
As awesome as The Offspring are, they are only now gaining popularity. Maybe someday they'll be as popular as Green Day, but they must be limited on money in their current average state. They aren't traveling across the world to be in a concert. They haven't even reached New England yet!
Since I live in Pittsburgh, I want them to come to Pittsburgh, but maybe I can go to the Ohio concert.

Jackish
04-21-2005, 06:07 AM
If you ask me they were more popular back in Americana days....

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-21-2005, 07:29 AM
well, if you think about it, american idiot is green days americana success. hear me out.
ok prior to americana, offspring were established as a big band, but after americana came out, they were ( and still are) considered a powerhouse in rock.
prior to american idiot, green day sold records, but not to the extent of AI. After AI, they are now bought back into the for-front of rock.
its not an exact comparison, but you know what i mean.
and besides, OFFSPRING ARENT ON TOUR ALL OVER THE WORLD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THEY JUST FINISHED DOING IT. duh. just because they arent doing right now, doesnt mean they are not popular.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-21-2005, 09:03 AM
^Totally agree. Except that American Idiot has become more popular than Americana (atleast here).

Iddy
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Green Day were always the more popular band though.... i remember kids being like 'Green day are great, who are Offspring?'...

BuddyHolly
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Americana was way more popular here than American Idiot is now... Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get A Job were huge hits overhere and the American Idiot singles aren't that big hits. Like... everybody knows those 2 Americana singles and can sing along with em, they can't with American Idiot...

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
its not an argument about which cd sold more. these cds were just the biggest sellers for their respective bands.