PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Confirm 'Hit's Track Listing!!!

beavisb1
04-21-2005, 09:50 AM
okay thats it, we have the greatest hits track list!

1-Come Out And Play (Keep ’Em Separate)
2-Self Esteem’
3-Gotta Get Away’
4-All I Want’
5-Gone Away’
6-Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
7-‘Why Don’t You Get A Job?
8-The Kids Aren’t Alright’
9-Original Prankster’
10-Want You Bad’
11-Defy You’
12-Hit That’
13-‘(Can’t Get My) Head Around You
14-Can’t Repeat’ (a new song)

+Bonus DVD with dirty magic(acoustic) and more!
I will be out on june 27!

sources: www.totalrock.com

Hypodermic_89
04-21-2005, 09:52 AM
hmm.. if that´s the actual list, then I´m pretty disappointed because there´s only 14 songs..

fo_shizzle
04-21-2005, 09:53 AM
yeh i think they need more than 14 kind of dissapointing

Hypodermic_89
04-21-2005, 09:56 AM
And I think that´s fake because the offspring have written on their website that the album will include "some new surprises". I wouldn´t call one new song and a DVD "some new surprises"

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 10:03 AM
it better not be. what a shit listing, theres nothing pre-smash. maybe there should be a live extra cd as well. that would be really cool

Aimeht
04-21-2005, 10:05 AM
hmm.. if that´s the actual list, then I´m pretty disappointed because there´s only 14 songs..
Totally agree, I really hope that there will be more tracks. Anyway, it has been lots of fake 'greatest hits-track list'-threads, so why should I believe in this one?

Heat
04-21-2005, 10:11 AM
i cant believe that this list ist true... there aren't any songs before the smash album. and we all know that the records before smash have great songs.
but i would apreciate (is this word written correct? sorry... 15 years old german (okay, in 2 weeks 16 (yeah... i can drink alcohol legalizly)) a dvd with lots of live-material :cool:

Zee
04-21-2005, 10:14 AM
I think that might be true, kinda' disappointment, have to admit. If it's true.

They knew Dirty Magic acoustic would be there, so I have no doubts why the other information wouldn't be also true. Ah well, one new song and hopefully there's something else on the DVD than only DM and track-by-track explanation.

That site is pretty reliable source anyway I guess.

Iddy
04-21-2005, 10:15 AM
greatest hits refers to just that.. hits. there were no singles before the smash era.. those that were similar to singles were not hits.

just pointing that out..

Zee
04-21-2005, 10:17 AM
greatest hits refers to just that.. hits. there were no singles before the smash era.. those that were similar to singles were not hits.

just pointing that out..

Yeah, I think it's not that big of a surprise if there's only singles from Smash To Splinter.

Iddy
04-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I think it's not that big of a surprise if there's only singles from Smash To Splinter.

thats always what is was going to be.. thats why i'm not overly excited by it. i want a new album :)

Drummerguy123
04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
They should make a new album and include tracks from that c-d.

0r4ng3
04-21-2005, 01:24 PM
what I thought was a suprise is that they left out I Choose and She's Got Issues. weren't those both hits, with videos and stuff?
________
Ferrari F1-86 (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_F1-86)

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 01:33 PM
check this
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=270438#post270438

Revolver-2005?
04-21-2005, 01:50 PM
if thts the track list then i dont think ill even buy it, thats just disappointing...i only really like a few songs on tht whole list...

IdleOffspring
04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I only believe the tracklist for the greatest hits if its on the official site.

But I'll buy the greatest hits for sure. No need to think about it, even if its only 1 song, I want it.

Zee
04-21-2005, 02:17 PM
what I thought was a suprise is that they left out I Choose and She's Got Issues. weren't those both hits, with videos and stuff?

That's a good point, would be weird to left out those songs.

I damn hope this is not true, they can't be that stupid to release such a poor package. At least that site has a wrong release date, because here it's been confirmed by Sony that it's out June 22th. We get cd's at Wednedsday anyway, so it might be some other date elsewhere though.

manucho
04-21-2005, 02:24 PM
but the offspring said that they would do a police cover and in the list it doesnt appears....I dont think it is true that list

0r4ng3
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
That's a good point, would be weird to left out those songs.
They also left out Meaning of Life and Million Miles Away, though I'm not sure if those count as hits
________
Amateurtube (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Tired_Of_You
04-21-2005, 02:51 PM
They also left out Meaning of Life and Million Miles Away, though I'm not sure if those count as hits
They had videos for those 2 songs, I suppose they count as hits. I'm sure this is not true. The Police song is not even there.

toti
04-21-2005, 05:47 PM
i'd like to see amazed in there

Rye
04-21-2005, 05:50 PM
It's not real... he gave no backup and the main site doesn't even say anything.

0r4ng3
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
a couple of songs i noticed

pretty fly (for a white boy)
come out and play (keep 'em separate)
________
Masturbation vid (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/27/masturbation/videos/1)

Rye
04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
The second could be a typo, but I pointed out the former in a new thread.

Skate Rat 19
04-21-2005, 09:16 PM
That cant be it, they said they'd put their Ramones tribute on there and thats way too short to cover the best of the offspring.

code_blue
04-21-2005, 11:47 PM
well, i hope that's not the final tracklisting, as we were all hoping for a few more new songs as well as all of their singles included. not to be cynical (haha), but we've all been let down by the offspring a fair bit over the past few years, what with their mediocre promotion of splinter and their lack of enthusiasm at shows.. so, sadly, it wouldn't totally surprise me if that WAS the final tracklisting.

but then again, it seems like they spent a fair bit of time in the studio prepping this album. wouldn't that mean that they recorded more than one new song, and a reworking of a song they had already written? hopefully they'll release one of their new songs, or even dirty magic, as a single. and it'll get big, and help this record sell and propel offspring back into the spotlight like the americana days. ;)

Amelia
04-21-2005, 11:51 PM
I have to agree that i hope that isnt the final track listing. I think that there could be some better choices and "defy you" that wasn't even a big thing for them. I heard there were suppose to be a few new songs too. I guess we will see!

CommonRider
04-22-2005, 12:19 AM
what about She's Got Issues, I Choose, and the Meaning of Life? and even Million Miles Away? Comeon! and Dirty Magic should be on the CD who cares about the DVD! anyways cant wait as long as their is a new song!

billiejoe87_greenday
04-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Where is "Million Miles Away" and "Spare me the details". I dunno bout America and the rest of the world but in Australia these songs especially "Spare Me The Details" were huge.

billiejoe87_greenday
04-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Actually he's telling the truth, i have copied and pasted this from the website.

Offspring Confirm 'Hit's Track Listing -- The Offspring have announced the track listing for their upcoming ‘Greatest Hits’ album. It is: ‘Come Out And Play (Keep ’Em Separate)’, ‘Self Esteem’, ‘Gotta Get Away’, ‘All I Want’, ‘Gone Away’, ‘Pretty Fly (For A White Boy)’, ‘Why Don’t You Get A Job?’, ‘The Kids Aren’t Alright’, ‘Original Prankster’, ‘Want You Bad’, ‘Defy You’, ‘Hit That’, ‘(Can’t Get My) Head Around You’ and ‘Can’t Repeat’ (a new song). The album, released on June 27, comes with a bonus DVD includes an acoustic version of the song ‘Dirty Magic’, plus a track-by-track explanation form Dexter Holland and Noodles.
Posted by MalcolmDome on Thursday, April 21 2005

Direct Link: http://www.totalrock.com/. Click on "Latest News"

raptor1437
04-22-2005, 02:36 AM
I really won't believe anything until I hear it straight from the Offspring, but even if that's it, I'll probably buy it for the DVD. But given the mistakes in the titles of those two songs, I have a hard time believing that website is a credible site. I'd wait for something to show up in the news section.

Punk_Conspiracy
04-22-2005, 02:51 AM
Disappointing beyond fucking belief! It seems to me that everyones making up their own excuses as to explain the information being inaccurate, but I think it better to accept to it's another disappointent from the band, and I also agree with everything code_blue said. They have been full of disappointments lately, what with the lack of promotion with Splinter and lack of enthusiasum with touring.

I myself even believed that their Greatest Hits would be a disappointment, but I still had my high hopes. All for nothing in the end. Oh well, at least we've got Mission From God and a forthcoming new album to look out for.

time to disclaime
04-22-2005, 04:46 PM
aw dude what the hell does any one know where i can get the million miles away video cuz ive never seen that

Tired_Of_You
04-22-2005, 05:49 PM
On the Million Miles Away CD or you download it.

0r4ng3
04-22-2005, 07:00 PM
On the Million Miles Away CD or you download it.
yea but it's nothing special, just a concert video
________
Voyeur French (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1152/french/videos/1)

Voodoo
04-22-2005, 09:57 PM
(...) Oh well, at least we've got Mission From God and a forthcoming new album to look out for.

Where can I get "Mission from God"?
it that an old song?

Homer
04-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Where can I get "Mission from God"?
it that an old song?

bah! It hasn't been released yet. It'll be released on Punk-o-Rama 10 or something like that.

dexterisMYman
04-22-2005, 09:59 PM
hmmmm well umm

Voodoo
04-22-2005, 10:04 PM
bah! It hasn't been released yet. It'll be released on Punk-o-Rama 10 or something like that.

Oh, cool!
a new song afterall...

Just to add to the discussion here...I'm also kinda disappointed on the track list. I gotta confess that I always imagined that it would be something like this, though...just like "International Superhits" by Green Day (which gets kinda boring the minute you realized you already had almost all the songs on olders CDs), and virtually no surprises...

Also, they left Million Miles Away out, not to mention I Choose, Meaning of Life, She's Got Issues and so forth...

I guess we'll have to wait for the new album sometime next year to listen to something NEW...well, if it actually make to the stores one day...

See ya,
Voodoo.

0r4ng3
04-22-2005, 10:06 PM
ok i was the first one to notice that the track list was missing she's got issues, i choose, meaning of life, and million miles away. ppl dont have to say it again...
________
Creampie vagina (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/475/vagina/videos/1)

Homer
04-22-2005, 10:09 PM
I garanty you that that isn't the actually track listing.

0r4ng3
04-22-2005, 10:10 PM
I think that's already been established
________
Body science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Homer
04-22-2005, 10:11 PM
yeah but, some people are still believing it.

Dexter_H
04-23-2005, 04:44 AM
If you believe that list is true you deserve to rot in hel with the jerks at www.totalrock.com.