PDA

View Full Version : The Blood Brothers

BREAK
11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Listen to them, you assholes. They're amazing.

punk_flamingo
11-02-2004, 10:23 PM
their so much more than amazing....

their orgasmic.

Lars
11-03-2004, 04:07 AM
crimes is a letdown, glad i never invested in it.

BREAK
11-03-2004, 09:27 AM
I thought so at first too, but I'm liking it more every time I listen to it now. Of course they couldn't have made another Burn, Piano Island Burn....no band could.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I NEED to hear the new album. I'm ashamed of myself for still having not heard it.

laughitup15
11-03-2004, 10:29 PM
i dont like them that much... they use to many metophores (makes the peacock proud??)

BREAK
11-03-2004, 10:44 PM
I love their lyrics. It's the best thing about them(aside from their overall sexiness, of course).

Ride! Ride!
Ride the crippled horse!
Ride the broken mare!
Ride the jaundice buck!
Ride Dead Pegasus!

You're so fucked up, you're a fucking mess

Ride the naseous horse!
Ride the broken mare!
Ride the bony nag!
Ride the tattered pony!

Manes in your mouth, hooves on your chest

From the country club, girl
To the crypt now, girl
Saddle up now, girl
Climb into the television, stick your horrible nose into every sitcom
Into the vile game show hosts' cockpit mouth & down his throat
Jump over jungles cooking in napalm
Leap over nations shaved by carpet bombs
Into the burning treasury & set the heart attack children free

C'mon pony, demand your rights
C'mon pony, demand your rights!

Prance into the halls of Congress
Vomit in the Speaker's lap
Gallop into romance novals
Dance atop heaving pectorals

Ride! Ride!
Trash can saddle
Ride in the show pony parade, collapse, & come in fucking last.

Seriously, who the fuck writes lyrics like that???? I love them.

punk_flamingo
11-03-2004, 10:48 PM
I NEED to hear the new album. I'm ashamed of myself for still having not heard it.

and so you should be, its one heck of a ride.

BREAK
11-06-2004, 12:43 AM
I've come to the conclusion that "Love Rhymes With Hideous Car Wreck" is the best song they've ever written, I even like it better than "The Shame". SO goddamn catchy, well-written & beautiful. Totally makes love to my ears. What a fantastic band.

too_close_to_see
11-11-2004, 06:32 AM
I like this band. They do something different.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-11-2004, 06:43 AM
I'm a USA Nails kinda guy myself.

BREAK
11-11-2004, 10:36 PM
I don't understand you "U.S. Nails" people. Sure, it's a good song. But compared to "Ambulance Vs. Ambulance", "Cecelia & The Silhouette Saloon" & "Fucking's Greatest Hits" it hardly has any reason to exist. Hell, it'd be the weakest song on the album if not for "The Salesman, Denver Max". Eat a heart attack!

too_close_to_see
11-12-2004, 12:39 AM
I love "Ambulance Vs Ambulance". Great song.

Eccentric Sara
11-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Are there any websites I could listen to them on without downloading? Would really like to hear what all the fuss is about!!!!!

XYlophonetreeZ
11-12-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't understand you "U.S. Nails" people. Sure, it's a good song. But compared to "Ambulance Vs. Ambulance", "Cecelia & The Silhouette Saloon" & "Fucking's Greatest Hits" it hardly has any reason to exist. Hell, it'd be the weakest song on the album if not for "The Salesman, Denver Max". Eat a heart attack!

See, I don't understand you "Fucking's Greatest Hits" people. Or you "Shame" people. I think those have definitely got to be the weakest songs on the album. On the other hand, "Cecelia" and "Ambulance" kick ass and are just a small notch below the sonic perfection that is USA Nails. In fact, the graph of Burn, Piano Island, Burn is a near-perfect mound, if you get what I mean by that. And USA Nails is the apex of that mound. It's almost symphonic in its progression, the lyrical concept is original as a bitch, and, fuck, just listen to the fucking POWER. USA Nails owns all you biznotches, so go strum the chords of your pubic guitar.

BREAK
11-12-2004, 09:59 PM
That's funny...I see B,PI,B exactly the opposite from you. To me, it has an incredibly strong start(which doesn't let up until the middle point) & an incredibly powerful finish, with only a handful of weak moments in between. As for "U.S. Nails", it's certainly one of the most disturbing songs on the album lyrically, as well as the one with the most complexity in its arrangement. That much is true. But is it the most melodic? Does it have the most hooks? Do I ever feel like singing it in my head over & over again all day? Not really. Until it comes to that point, uh oh! Your time is up. Til next time, we'll send you a bill.

GreenTerror
03-02-2006, 10:13 PM
My mad obsession with the Blood Brothers this past few months has caused me to search and dig up this old thread. Don't like it? Suck my nuts.

USA Nails is a great song, but not the best on Piano Island. Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon and Six Nightmares at the Pinball Masquerade are amoung the best, but Fucking's Greatest Hits has to my favorite on there.

As for Crimes, so cleche, but Trash Flavored Trash is just orgasmic. Seriously <3. Love Rhymes with Hideous Car Wreck would be on my favorites list for Crimes, too. The lyrics, the vocals, just, aaah... And for some reason Teen Heat and My First Kiss at the Public Exectuion has been growing on me more and more.

And I'll have to agree with every other Blood Brothers fan that Burn, Piano Island, Burn pwns Crimes anally.

The shadow
03-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Suck my nuts.

You donīt have nuts.

Endymion
03-02-2006, 11:17 PM
am i the only one that thinks burn piano island burn is the best song from that album?

nieh
03-03-2006, 08:31 AM
USA Nails is a great song, but not the best on Piano Island.

USA Nails has probably my favorite guitar riff ever (it comes in at about a minute if I remember correctly). It's a shame the rest of the song isn't quite as good.

And the title track is one of the best on there, but I dunno if I'd say it's actually THE best.

GreenTerror
03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
You donīt have nuts.
You don't know that.

Yes, Burn Piano Island Burn is also a kick ass song. I completly forgot to mention it, though. It's one of those song that makes you wanna scream along with it everytime you hear it. Fun fun.

Kerr
03-03-2006, 04:00 PM
I want to get B, PI, B. I love Amulance Vs. Ambulance and The Shame. I have two other songs off different albums: Doctor! Doctor! and Love Rhymes with Hideous Car Crash (both wicked songs).

The shadow
03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
You don't know that.

I know you are a girl. Girls donīt have nuts. Unless youīre Janet Reno.

GreenTerror
03-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Not like you'd know that for sure since you obviously have never gotten into a girl's pants.

Leave me and my nuts be.

BREAK
03-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Funny, lately the only thing I listen to by them is This Adultery Is Ripe. Everything after that just seems so....sprawling. Their early stuff is really underrated. More like little swift kicks to the head than the exhaustive, severe pummelings their later albums provide. Also, I hate seeing my old posts.

That_Guy91
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I know you are a girl. Girls donīt have nuts. Unless youīre Janet Reno.
Trust me, she has bigger nuts than most of us.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
New Blood Brothers release date and album details have been confirmed!

Album will be called Young Machetes and release date is scheduled to be October 10th. The album will be produced by Guy Picciotto of Fugazi.

Song titles are in fine form, as always.

1. Set Fire to the Face on Fire
2. We Ride Skeletal Lightning
3. Lazer Life
4. Camouflage, Camouflage
5. You're the Dream Unicorn!
6. Vital Beach
7. Spit Shine Your Black Clouds
8. 1, 2, 3, 4 Guitars
9. Lift the Veil, Kiss the Tank
10. Nausea Shreds Yr Head
11. Rat Rider
12. Johnny Ripper
13. Huge Gold AK-47
14. Street Wars/Exotic Foxholes
15. Giant Swan

Don't know what to expect. Crimes wasn't bad, but it was still a step down from Burn, Piano Island, Burn. We'll just have to see what direction they go in from there.

coke_a_holic
07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
I can't even tell if I like the Blood Brothers. I mean, I've listened to Love Rhymes with Hideous Car Wreck, Fucking's Greatest Hits, and a few others that I can't put names on. It was good and catchy (in a weird way), but I couldn't tell if I liked it because of the novelty strangeness or because I actually enjoyed the music. Reccomendations for other songs?

XYlophonetreeZ
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
They don't have anything else as catchy as "Love Rhymes With Hideous Car Wreck," but if it's catchiness you want, the closest you'll get is "Ambulance vs. Ambulance," "Burn, Piano Island, Burn," "Crimes," and "Teen Heat." "USA Nails" and "Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon" are also essential listens.

ninthlayer
07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm really into The Face in the Embryo right now

nieh
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
"USA Nails"

That song has the coolest riff ever written. It's a shame the rest of the song isn't quite as good.

BREAK
07-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Give March On Electric Children another listen, people. It didn't blow me away at first either, but now I listen to it more often than any of their other albums. "American Vultures" is probably the baddest-ass song they've ever done.

Yatesy
07-27-2006, 12:39 PM
I've only heard a few songs by them, but they were all pretty good.

coke_a_holic
09-13-2006, 02:53 PM
BUMP

After downloading about half of Burn, Piano Island, Burn, I've decided that I like them. Lots. My favorite is probably either Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon or Ambulance vs. Ambulance. I'll probably download the rest of B, PI, B and buy the new record because I'm a cheap bastard. I might go for dwonloading Crimes, but I don't like the way the high-pitched singer sings in it... It's less intense and more womanly on the few songs I heard.

nieh
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
but I don't like the way the high-pitched singer sings in it... It's less intense and more womanly on the few songs I heard.

Agreed. His wailing destroys that album. A couple of the songs would be better than the Piano Island if not for him. When does the new album come out again?

XYlophonetreeZ
09-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Pretty soon. October 10th. And allegedly it's leaked, but I'm gonna wait for it.

nieh
10-06-2006, 04:56 PM
http://myspace.com/thebloodbrothersband
<3

Just started listening now.

0r4ng3
10-06-2006, 04:57 PM
What a coincidence. I'm downloading "This Adultery is Ripe" right now.

- -Lauren- -
10-06-2006, 09:14 PM
There's a Blood Brothers concert in Portland I believe in December that my friend has invited me to go to with her...but I'm not sure if I want to go yet. I've only heard a few songs, and I think I should get in to them more first.

Endymion
10-07-2006, 11:57 AM
There's a Blood Brothers concert in Portland I believe in December that my friend has invited me to go to with her...but I'm not sure if I want to go yet. I've only heard a few songs, and I think I should get in to them more first.

go, you'll regret it if you don't.

also, i need to listen to it a few more times, but i think young machetes is much better than crimes. it sounds like they were listening to a lot of Some Girls when they wrote some of the songs.

coke_a_holic
10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Does the high-pitched singer still sound annoying as hell in it? And is it still as over-produced?

I'll get it despite these, but I'd like it if it sounded more like Burn, Piano, Island, Burn and less like Crimes. Maybe like... the same songwriting style as Crimes, but like BPI regarding production quality and vocals.

0r4ng3
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I just downloaded "March On, Electric Children". More good stuff there.

Just one problem. It may be because I've only been listening to them since yesterday, but their songs all sound similar.

Endymion
10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
i think it sounds more like burn piano island, burn than crimes. go listen to it. easy to download, or listen on their myspace.

BREAK
10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
http://myspace.com/thebloodbrothersband
<3

Just started listening now.

*listens*

Sheeeeeeeyit.

coke_a_holic
10-10-2006, 12:19 PM
The whole cd is FANTASTIC.

The best tracks are Set Fire, Skeletal Lightning, Laser Life, Camouflage, Black Clouds, Kiss the Tank, and Swan, if I remember correctly. I'd pick it up today if I had any money, but I'll have to hold off for a little bit.

0r4ng3
10-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I just downloaded Crimes. Sounds good so far. Is the new album out yet?

coke_a_holic
10-10-2006, 12:41 PM
It came out today.

nieh
10-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I just downloaded Crimes. Sounds good so far. Is the new album out yet?

Today actually. Crimes is the weakest of their 3 most recent albums (mostly because of the vocals by that one guy) but it does have some great songs on it.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Listening to Young Machetes now.

Set Fire to the Face on Fire- Holy SHIT! I don't think even the Blood Brothers have done a badder-ass song than this. <3 all over the place. A couple of sounds used in it remind me of Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon, but it's way more anthemic than that. Amazing way to start off an album. Everything else on the album could be worse than this and it could still be a good album.

We Ride Skeletal Lightning- Has a really gripping beat just like "Fire." Whoa, some nifty echoey stuff in the vocals there! I like it! And Johnny's a cappella "We. Ride. We. Ride. Ske-le-tal. LIIIIGHT-NIIIING" could stick in my head for days. Hmmm, am I detecting a pattern here? Last song reminded me of "Cecilia," and parts of this one remind me of "Six Nightmares." This song is indeed full of <3, but it doesn't beat its awesome predecessor.

Laser Life- Yep. Easy to see why this is the first single. Damn, those keyboards are catchy as hell! As I somewhat expected to be, this seems like the most accessible song they've ever put out. Although there is some pretty heavy-duty screaming towards the end there. A lot like "Car Wreck" in that vein. And GodDAMN! It's kinda hard to pick up on at first, but fucking listen to the keyboard part while Johnny's screaming his ass off at the end! That falls under the basic definition of "insane." Yep. Here's another track full of <3. CatchycatchyCATCHAY!

Camouflage, Camouflage- Can't say the first part did much for me. Too hectic and devoid of a discernible rhythm. Of course, leave it to the Blood Brothers to make the second part of this song the total opposite of the first part. Both vocalists really shine on this song. "Camouflaged as a jungle of erections"? Awesome line! I suspect this one might grow on me. I don't think it's as good as the first three, however. Oh well. I already knew they'd be tough acts to follow.

You're the Dream, Unicorn!- Whoa, this is really kind of a throwback Blood Brothers song! And yet, the "You're my dream uuuuuuunicorn" part is unlike anything they've ever done with a cool-as-fuck weird vocal sound. Nice, short tune. <3.

Vital Beach- OK. Yeah. This is what "Rats and Rats and Rats for Candy" might have sounded like if it wasn't so fucking annoying. Great drums in this song. This one has throwback elements too. Stupidly catchy. Makes for quite a knock-you-on-your-ass one-two punch with "You're the Dream Unicorn."

Spit Shine Your Black Clouds- Wait... wh-...what the... FUCK?!?!? This is the Blood Brothers I'm listening to? Fuck what I said before about Laser Life being their most accessible song to date. Huh. Even as weird as the Blood Brothers inherently are, I didn't expect them to make quite THIS big of a departure from their sound. "Weird" for the Blood Brothers means it's less weird to the general population. And that's weird. But did I forget to mention that... I really, really fucking LIKE this song? I dig it! It's incredibly jazzy and extremely danceable. This was a really nice surprise! I'm still in disbelief over this song. Like, odds are that an average Joe would LIKE this song. <3!

1, 2, 3, 4 Guitars- Maracas n' bass. Cool beans. Xept not. Not a big fan of the wacky whispering voice that opens up the song... wait. Never mind "opens." More like "continues throughout the whole song." Shit. I was really hoping this would go somewhere else. I expected it to go somewhere else. And the "WHOA-OAH-WHOA-OH!" is equally, if not even more annoying. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not too optimistic. I'll give this song that the instrumental parts are pretty rad, but boo on the vocals. Johnny sounds like fucking Jigglypuff in Super Smash Bros. when he tries to put you to sleep.

Lift the Veil, Kiss the Tank- I like what I hear! The most melodic guitar riff they've ever had, plus relatively un-Crimes-like, unexaggerated Johnny singing. Oddly, it's actually Jordan who sounds like the eccentric one instead on this song. He does something new with his voice that I like. From what I can understand of the lyrics, they're being political on this one. What the hell? Are those melodic "Whoa-oas" I hear? Wait, is this the Offspring? Hmm. Nope. Can't be. Cuz this song still pwns like the Offspring never could. In fact, I'd go right to "awesome" in describing that finish! Big <3!

Nausea Shreds Yr Head- What the hell is up with the "yr" abbreviation? Ghey, be more scene plz. Aside from that, it seems as if this song gets them back on track from their 3-song departure. Nothing terribly new for them, but I do quite like the fact that they go with another melodic guitar lick, but this time they bury it under typical noise. Pretty damn good, but not a major standout.

Rat Rider- If I were their drummer, my arm would fall the fuck off. Shiiit. Another short song more in the typical Blood Brothers psycho vein. Sorta reminds me of "I Know Where the Canaries and Crows Go," but not really. Again, good, but no standout.

Johnny Ripper- Wow, a guitar riff straight out of a power ballad in a Blood Brothers song. Remind me to download a better mp3 of this. Some Cecilia-like scratchy noises in this one. I don't have too strong of an opinion on this one. Aside from the aforementioned power-ballady riff, it's pretty run-of-the-mill Blood Brothers. Maybe I'll have more of an opinion when I find a better mp3 of this. Then again, my mp3 of Laser Life blows goats too and I could still tell that song kicked ass.

Huge Gold AK-47- This one gets interesting, but it takes a while. It's got a guitar part that reminds me of the sound that Mario's head makes when it hits a block he can't break. And it's got one of the best basslines they've ever had in a song. Actually, this is a rare thing to say for a Blood Brothers song, but I don't think it was quite indulgent enough. This one could have gone all kinds of places but it ended kind of abruptly.

Street Wars/Exotic Foxholes- This one is interesting! Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Yeah, I like it. Now they've got "Ooh-ooh-oohs" in a song. That's different. But it really, really fits here! This gets quieter than anything you've ever heard from the BBs. But after 4 of their louder, more psychotic songs all in a row, it's more than welcome! Damn, this quiet part is long. Is that a fucking clarinet? Probably not. But it's really, really nice to hear them be creative with their instruments when it's actually slowed down enough to notice and there are no overpowering guitars or vocals. <3!

Giant Swan- Lyrics = weird, even by Blood Brothers standards. Musically it picks up where SW/EF left off. A shoutout to the Captain in this song! Sweet! I echo the song's "WHAT THE FUCK!" Yeah, it gets loud. But the loud part isn't tiresome like some of the other, more forgettable songs on this album. Its ending is not unlike Devastator's. But that was a high point on Crimes and is a preferable way to end an album than the dragging-on of "The Shame." This has gotta be their most epic song ever. And I <3 it.

Album = <3. My biggest complaint is the ordering of the tracks. Why the hell did they stick 3 experimental tracks all in a row, followed by 4 straight loud, standard, and (compared with the high standards set by the rest of the album) relatively boring songs? The biggest standouts to me are "Set Fire to the Face on Fire," "Laser Life," "Spit Shine Your Black Clouds," "Lift the Veil, Kiss the Tank," and "Giant Swan." Altogether, more solid than Crimes, and after some of the songs have some time to grow on me I may even consider it in competition with B,PI,B. I'll be shredding my eardrums with this shit tomorrow.

I feel a little blasphemous for saying this, but I wouldn't mind at ALL if they went more in the direction of "Spit Shine" or "Laser Life" in the future. Yeah, it'd erase practically everything the Blood Brothers stand for (read: lots of noise), but I could listen to that stuff all day. Don't get me wrong, the BBs can still make the noise thing work, as demonstrated in "Set Fire," "Unicorn," and the loud part of "Giant Swan." And I hope they still incorporate some o' that. But I really, really like their more experimental, catchy, melodic stuff on here, with the exception of "1, 2, 3, 4 Guitars." Good album. REALLY good album. But maybe it should have been like 12 or 13 songs long instead of 15.

nieh
10-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I just listened to Crimes for the first time in a while. I like it more than I remember. His voice doesn't get all that annoying to me anymore aside from a few songs.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-12-2006, 02:54 AM
I LOVE Burn, Piano Island, Burn and this new album is really fucking good too.

nieh
11-05-2006, 12:05 PM
So. Apparently the Blood Brothers have done a cover of Under Pressure (http://download.yousendit.com/5A3F1FAA6F150177). I think they could've done much better with it but it has some neat stuff going for it.

Endymion
11-05-2006, 02:10 PM
So. Apparently the Blood Brothers have done a cover of Under Pressure (http://download.yousendit.com/5A3F1FAA6F150177). I think they could've done much better with it but it has some neat stuff going for it.

um, old news? it's off a 31g comp from 2004 or something.

nieh
11-06-2006, 04:15 AM
um, old news? it's off a 31g comp from 2004 or something.

I never heard of it til yesterday =,0(

BREAK
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
When I saw them live, Johnny said something like "No, we're not gonna do 'Under Pressure'. Sorry guys." Then they launched into "Love Rhymes" or something.

0r4ng3
11-20-2006, 06:16 PM
This thread deserves to be bumped. Because it's the Blood Brothers. I mean, come on.

Anyway, I've been listening to "Trash Flavored Trash" a lot lately. It's a very addictive song.

78 Water
11-20-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm listening to them right now for the first time, they're awesome!

Endymion
11-20-2006, 09:47 PM
ps: if you like the blood brothers, you might like THIS! (http://www.csulb.edu/~plecnik/music/Annabel%20Lee%20Murders%20-%20Right%20Before%20I%20Cum,%20Punch%20Me%20in%20t he%20Face.mp3)

78 Water
11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
ps: if you like the blood brothers, you might like THIS! (http://www.csulb.edu/~plecnik/music/Annabel%20Lee%20Murders%20-%20Right%20Before%20I%20Cum,%20Punch%20Me%20in%20t he%20Face.mp3)

I love it! What band it that?

Endymion
11-22-2006, 12:33 AM
look at the file name.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-22-2006, 09:32 PM
After over a month I still like Young Machetes just as much. I like every song on it except "1, 2, 3, 4 Guitars" and "Johnny Ripper." "Set Fire to the Face on Fire" and "Laser Life' may be the two best songs they've ever written.

Lars
01-23-2007, 09:49 AM
What do the Blood Brothers, myself and a 200 capacity venue have in common? We're all going to be at the same place on Saturday.

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 02:42 PM
These guys are really, really good, but I must admit, the guy's voice gets annoying after a awhile. Or maybe it's the other way around.

WebDudette
04-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Anyone see them live recently? Are they good live? They are playing a show here in a couple of days. I'm going to see them either way, but I'm curious.

ninthlayer
04-16-2007, 02:14 AM
I've seen them live twice and I'd definitely recommend the experience.

nieh
04-16-2007, 05:08 AM
When I saw them they seemed to put more effort into running and jumping around than actually sounding good. I wouldn't see them again unless I knew they would sound better. I know I'm kind of picky about live shows compared to a lot of other people though.

ninthlayer
04-16-2007, 05:35 AM
The last time I saw them was at a tiny ass venue, so they didn't really have the space do to that sort of thing. The time before that they were an opening act for a shitty band (aka: Coheed&Cambria) and their performance was stellar.

Johnny moves his head around a lot when he's performing.

And looks exactly like Dade Murphy in Hackers.

nieh
04-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I only saw them once. To me, if the songs sound like shit then running jumping around to put on a good show just seems stupid because you're essentially jumping around to noisy garbage. I know we're talking about the Blood Brothers and noise is part of there sound but there's a difference.

H1T_That
04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Lift the veil, kiss the tank.

Yes.

<3

bouncingcoles
04-17-2007, 06:52 AM
i think blood brothers are horrible

coke_a_holic
04-17-2007, 05:39 PM
i think blood brothers are horrible

It has been decided many times over that your music taste is awful. You have an allusion to the Bouncing Souls in your screen name, does that say anything to you at all?

nieh
04-17-2007, 06:35 PM
It has been decided many times over that your music taste is awful.

He likes Pinback! Though they seem a bit out of place with everything else he listens to.

WebDudette
04-20-2007, 01:02 AM
FYI: The Blood Brothers were fucking phenomenal, they played awesome songs and sounded great. Plus the crowd was amazing, one of the best. I fell down once and was picked up within seconds. Awesome moshers and everyone was really into it. They gave us two encores witch was pretty awesome, no I Know Where The Canaries and Crows Go or Under Pressure. I really didn't expect them to play either but I prayed they would. Celebration were pretty damn awesome too. But Dead Science were pretty horrible, I wish The Chinese Stars had played in Tempe.

bouncingcoles
04-20-2007, 09:47 AM
He likes Pinback! Though they seem a bit out of place with everything else he listens to.

i love pinback

bouncingcoles
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
It has been decided many times over that your music taste is awful. You have an allusion to the Bouncing Souls in your screen name, does that say anything to you at all?

who are you to say my musical taste is awful. you like blood brothers. blood brothers are not good, end of story.

Endymion
04-20-2007, 09:52 AM
um, but you do have terrible taste in music.

also: i <3 the chinese stars. sucks that they didn't play.

bouncingcoles
04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
um, but you do have terrible taste in music.

also: i <3 the chinese stars. sucks that they didn't play.

so what do you listen to

H1T_That
04-20-2007, 11:34 AM
so what do you listen to

Whatever he says, everyone knows you're only going to say its shit whether it is or isn't.

So why bother?

BREAK
10-24-2007, 05:32 PM
So.

Maybe (http://www.punknews.org/article/26163) broken up. Maybe not. (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/46609-blood-brothers-still-togetherfor-now)

Fuckers are gonna wait until 08 to officially announce. Either way, I'm not sure how to feel about the news. I thought Young Machetes was their worst album, so it'd suck if it turned out to be their last, but maybe they would've continued going downhill or treading water anyway.

GreenTerror
10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
No. No no no.

This could be one of those "Well, maybe it's for the better" kind of things. Usually by at least the third or fourth album, most bands start sucking and changing their sound, but somehow they've managed to keep it up for everything they've released. Young Machetes was a great album, in my opinion (though, nothing will ever beat Piano Island). Maybe if they don't stop now, we'll end up being disappointed later, which would be much worse than them breaking up. But, that means no more Blood Brothers live. :(
I don't know, after taking that into consideration, I think I'm unsure of how to feel about this, too.

coke_a_holic
10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I didn't go see them live a few months ago because I assumed I would see them later at a better venue.

I'm kicking myself.

WebDudette
10-24-2007, 07:06 PM
But, that means no more Blood Brothers live. :(

Zomg, did you see them last time they were here? It was amazing.

bouncingcoles
10-24-2007, 07:40 PM
thank god they broke up

GreenTerror
10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Zomg, did you see them last time they were here? It was amazing.

I was supposed to, but I had incredibly shitty, undependable friends, so I had no way to get all the way out to Tempe :(
I saw them whenever they came before that though. With Coheed & Cambria.

WebDudette
10-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Ahh... that's the one I missed. Was it awesome? The kids at the show I went to were surprisingly amazing and not the arrogant douche bags I kind of expected.

GreenTerror
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh, it was incredible. Definitely one of the best shows I've ever attended. I was able to get in early, so I was right up in front when they played. Coheed was great, too. I really wish I was able to make it out to that last one, though. Especially now that they might not even come back.

WebDudette
10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I wasn't in the front but the venue I went to was really small so it hardly mattered. I spent most of my time in the pit about 10 feet away from the stage.

GreenTerror
10-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Oooooh, that's right they didn't play at the Marquee, did they? Wasn't it at the Clubhouse? I've only been there once, and it is pretty small. As popular as the Blood Brothers are getting, I'm surprised they were able to play there.

WebDudette
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah they played the Clubhouse. It's surprisingly small for a band like them to play at. Maybe they weren't expecting too many people for whatever reason but it was pretty packed.

IAmARevenant
10-27-2007, 09:32 PM
hah, these guys are awesome.

Endymion
10-28-2007, 02:31 AM
good time for them to get out.

BREAK
10-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Were you upset when you found out that Some Girls are gone as well?

Endymion
10-31-2007, 12:11 PM
no, i thought they'd been going downhill with the latest album anyway.

holy molar being no more (probably), however, does upset me.

WebDudette
10-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Some Girls disbanded?!?! :(.

nieh
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
It's official (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/46986-blood-brothers-break-up-for-real-this-time)

Endymion
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
oh hey, jaguar love is pretty good.

BREAK
11-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh well. By all accounts they've been sucking live anyway, which makes sense after 7-odd years of nonstop touring. Wish I would've seen them in their prime. Hope they go on to form good new projects. RIP.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll definitely check out Jaguar Love and Neon Blonde, but I'll miss the Blood Brothers. I disagree about Young Machetes, I thought it was a great album. Maybe not as good as Burn, Piano Island, Burn, but few things are.

I don't anticipate being quite so big a fan of Jaguar Love or Neon Blonde with only Johnny left. There was just something magical about Johnny and Jordan's crazy insane voices complementing one another.

WebDudette
11-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I checked Jaguar Love out a while ago. Can't say I like them that much. I do however enjoy me some Neon Blonde.