PDA

View Full Version : At The Drive-In

BREAK
11-02-2004, 10:24 AM
The question here isn't "Who listens to them?", the question is "Who's so fucking lame that they STILL don't listen to them??"

wheelchairman
11-02-2004, 10:37 AM
They were on MTV2 like 5 years ago or something. The song title was something to do with scissors and I don't believe I understood any of the words, except they may or may not have mentioned the word Cargo Bay. Didn't they break up?

ihatechrissneed
11-02-2004, 10:48 AM
they're quite a good band. i like arc arsenal.

BREAK
11-02-2004, 10:59 AM
You're thinking of "One-Armed Scissor", which begins with the line "Yes this is the campaign/slithered entrails in the cargo bay". They broke up in 2000 & the two factions split into Sparta & The Mars Volta, neither of which were anywhere near as good. And that's your lesson for the day, do your own fucking research next time.

wheelchairman
11-02-2004, 11:03 AM
No one on this board is expected to do research. Hence why I bothered to type out those pieces on Ba'athism/Islamic Government relations and The War on Terrorism. So that way, I can just quote it if someone ever doubts me again.

Thanks for the info though. Besides, I consider you the expert on music here.

Nina
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Jake, i had no idea you like them. jeez, i expected
this to be a "lets make fun of at the drive-in"-topic.
wow xo
i like em, by the way ;D

BREAK
11-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Nina, you f'ing ROCK, darling. Of course I already thought that anyway, but this just re-affirms my belief.

And WCM, that's very kind of you, but I'm actually much more musically ignorant than you think...I only SEEM like I possess a vast wealth of knowledge compared to most of the people here.

wheelchairman
11-02-2004, 04:53 PM
I doubt it. I still remember being impressed by your reviews of the Offspring's CDs for example. And most of the bands you mention, I've never heard of. So I gots nothing but respect for your knowledge of music.