PDA

View Full Version : What is the world coming to?

Rye
04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
They now have nostalgia pills. What the hell. It weakens your memory so you can't remember/long for the past as much. Surely they have something better to do, but instead they find a way to dull our minds for no reason at all. Fucking scientists.

Rye
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Why do you want some? It probably can't give you a high, just forget what you ate for breakfast ten years ago. Although, being the chemist that you are, you could find a way.

Dr.Faustus
04-22-2005, 05:25 AM
Why don't they spend money creating medication more worthwhile.

JoY
04-22-2005, 05:27 AM
because there's an actual DEMAND for this shit.
do you really think farmaceutical companies make such crap up? our society is what's so pathetic, not the lab-rats, that try to fulfill our pathetic needs.

Jackish
04-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Whats so pathetic about it?

But how do you know its going to target a specific memory?

JoY
04-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Whats so pathetic about it?

But how do you know its going to target a specific memory?
because people these days see pills as the *solution* for -everything-. pills don't solve a thing. not even an actual disease, if you don't have the right attitude & mentality. they can only help you.

medication is there to help a person on the way of physical health. alright, so now we've also got pills to help a person on the way of mental health. I guess that's fair, since we aren't just machines that eat & shit. BUT however, mental health often goes together with physical health. many depressions come from hormonal disbalance. many mental diseases are related to your genes.

I believe it's just FINE if you try to fix a physical problem, that gets mentally in your way. but trying to solve a mental problem, such as a fucking memory? oh come on. fucking deal with it. it's in your head & in your head ONLY. first try to grow a fucking spine, before you reach for a pissing pot of pills. a bad memory is not something a pill should solve, that's something -you- should solve.

next thing you know, we pop pills to remember things. "where did I leave my bag? oh wait, let me just pop a pill." here's the actual pathetic part of it; we're becoming dependant of these fucking chemicals. for everything & anything. they're CHEMICALS. unhealthy, unnatural shit, that fucks with your blood & body. in order to take chemicals, you better have a -fantastic- reason, to say the least.

I fucking hate the guts of pills that aren't highly necessary. a bad memory justifies in no single way the popping of pills, period.