PDA

View Full Version : Favorite kind of booze?

raptor1437
04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
What's everyone's favorite drink? I like Jim Beam for its awesomeness. I also like Franziskaner for being the best goddam beer I've ever tasted, and Everclear because it's strong enough that I need a few days to drink a bottle.

And no, I don't think I have a drinking problem.

DUNCS
04-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Beer:- Tennents Lager, Heineken, Corona
Spirits:- Whiskey,(Famous Grouse, Bells, Shivas Regal and Jim Bean Black)
Wine..............any red. No white(yuch)

sKratch
04-22-2005, 04:50 AM
For beer I like Yueng Ling, and Sam Adams when I'm in the mood. I used to like Corona a whole lot, but not so much any more.
I've become rather fond of Redbull and Vodka, which fucked me up nicely a few weeks ago.
I don't have much wine experience, but I will drink even the shittiest of the shit champaigne. Cheap wine has done the trick as well.

JoY
04-22-2005, 05:10 AM
I drink a lot. I mean, I don't drink a lot, but I drink about anything.

cocktails: Sex on the Beach (Cuban style, THANK you), Cuba Libre (with Havana Club), Pina Colada, Mojito.. oh crap, just anything sweet.

then there's Baileys, which I never can resist. Tia Maria, Grand Marnier.. (told you I like it sweet) Bacardi, Martini Bianco/Rosso... (NO Martini Fiero. that stuff is horrible. even though I said I like it sweet, that's just TOO much. ugh)

I like wine. any wine, that's drinkable. (not the cheapest of the cheapest, because that's just fucking disgusting) white, rose, red. love red the most, though white wine or rose on a beach with some ice-cubes fresh from a cooler can be utterly fantastic. yeah, in summer rose is truly the bomb.

easy mixes: Caslov; vodka & cassis. brilliant combination. also a typical drink for our sorority-group. jus d'orange with about anything; vodka, rum.. Cuba Libre is in fact also just another easy mix. Woxi; a mix of vodka (wodka, whatever you prefer) & Xi. GBL; Gin tonic & Bitter Lemon. surprising combination.

beer. of course beer. I'm in the biggest fraternity/sorority in the country. if I didn't like beer, I wouldn't survive in there. I can wash any beer away, but I really like the hell out of Grolsch. Heineken gets a second place. I love Heineken. actually Schulten Brau, which is one of the cheapest beers around, is quite excellent too. & as for silly odd beer; Westmalle Triple is quite alright.

JoY
04-22-2005, 05:13 AM
I've become rather fond of Redbull and Vodka, which fucked me up nicely a few weeks ago.

oh yes, that's pretty excellent too.

Naz
04-22-2005, 05:17 AM
A cocktail called Jamaican Dusk, which has pineapple orange, citrus vodka and rum i think... gorgeous.

Champagne is always god, and vodak lemonade :)

JoY
04-22-2005, 05:19 AM
A cocktail called Jamaican Dusk, which has pineapple orange, citrus vodka and rum i think... gorgeous.

ooo, that sounds good.

oh, & Champagne is very nice, but I'd settle for some horrible "fuck me up" Lambrusco, too.

DUNCS
04-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Ever had/heard of a belfast bomber?

I thinks its, a shot glass filled with a little of 4 spirits(can't remember wich, too drunk at the time), drop the shot glass into a quater pint of guiness and then down it. Yum.

JoY
04-22-2005, 05:34 AM
never heard of it.

oo, oo, there's this Dutch drink & it tastes like liquorice (drop) & you take it in shots. logically it's called "dropshot". it's pretty damn tasty. & then there's Jenever. the better, more quality version of Gin. it's a typical Dutch drink & I actually hate it, but there exists Jenever with a cherry flavour & that's actually one of the most tasty drinks I've ever had. then there's another Dutch drink, Coebergh, which is also fantastic.

in France on a skivacation I discovered some strange stuff. you had to take a shot of Sambuca, keep the Sambuca in your mouth without slamming it directly in your throat, tilt your head back, open your mouth, light the Sambuca with a lighter & then sprinkle cinnamon over it, which creates quite impressing cute little sparks.

Jackish
04-22-2005, 06:00 AM
I have a cold, tall, guiness draught waiting in my fridge...

MMMmmmMMMmmMMmMMMMmM!111one, stout.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 06:22 AM
I have little experience of a wide range of alcohol, being oh-so-young, so I mostly like highly popular stuff.

Beer: Budweiser (sKratch, don't kill me), Fosters, Kronenburg
Spirits: Southern Comfort and Sambuca
Wine: Any Rose. Don't like white or red.

There you go.

Bazza
04-22-2005, 06:24 AM
don't even get me started on this conversation

the other night i was at one of the local pubs (we have about 50 in stamford) discussing which one of the many real ales was the best. there's no end of them, but all v nice

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 06:26 AM
I dislike it severely when people use the term "real beers". I never knew there could be eliteism in alcohol. If it tastes nice, drink it! What's the problem?

JoY
04-22-2005, 06:27 AM
I dislike it severely when people use the term "real beers". I never knew there could be eliteism in alcohol. If it tastes nice, drink it! What's the problem?
I think "real ales" sounds pretty goddam gay, indeed.

I mean, wtf would make one fake? you not liking it? doesn't that just make it shitty for your taste?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 06:30 AM
People don't seem to think popular beers are "real" beers. Well, I've tried one or two "real" beers and let me tell you, I'd take Fosters or Bud any day.

wheelchairman
04-22-2005, 06:37 AM
Beers are for the disgusting plebian masses.

I like:
As far as whisky's go, I love Kennedy's Smoked Whisky. But that costs 44 kr. a shot. (needless to say, that's expensive.) So I usually buy a bottle of Ballantines, which is what I keep with me in my hipflask. oh yes.

Vodka: Stolichnaya is the best I've had. Although I was introduced to Transnistrian vodka recently and it was good.

Wines: I had a Moroccan wine called President's somethingorother, that was absolutely brilliant. Moldavian wine is also good.

Baileys is good.

Havanna Club is the only rum for me. Preferably dark.

I once had a cocktail called the Fidel Castro, 2 parts Cognac (I think), 2 Parts Whisky, 1 part sprite. It was brilliant.

and I would just like to maintain that, Malibu, rocks.

JoY
04-22-2005, 06:37 AM
People don't seem to think popular beers are "real" beers. Well, I've tried one or two "real" beers and let me tell you, I'd take Fosters or Bud any day.
what? that's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.
the old Heineken brewery is right fucking here in Amsterdam. I used to live around the corner. if you ever want to take a look for verification, come the fuck over. it's now a museum about how the beer is brewed & the actual brewery is placed somewhere else. yes, they indeed -brew- the fucking stuff. it's a REAL beer.

y'know, like.. the Offspring isn't a real band, man. underground, unknown basement shit all the way!

JoY
04-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Havanna Club is the only rum for me. Preferably dark.

oh baby!

& yeah, Malibu is tasty indeed.

Tehran
04-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Banks's Original (from the West Midlands, England)

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Banks's Original! How could I forget it! Banks's Draught is, like, nectar.

DUNCS
04-22-2005, 07:08 AM
JoY, i went to the Heineken museum not that long ago, still got my free glass. (whenever i have a beer at home i always drink out of that)
It was quite interesting, got myself a t-shirt with "beer" in about 15 languages on it. Hee hee, so i'm prepared in most parts of the world.

Flexing Wings
04-22-2005, 08:10 AM
What's everyone's favorite drink? I like Jim Beam for its awesomeness. I also like Franziskaner for being the best goddam beer I've ever tasted, and Everclear because it's strong enough that I need a few days to drink a bottle.

And no, I don't think I have a drinking problem.

Tried some lovely Real Ale called Titanic, bit different to lager... but was just wondering if anyone else liked Real Ales... and that's not a condescending title...

(But love Jack!! mmmm Jaaaaack)

Tehran
04-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Banks's Original! How could I forget it! Banks's Draught is, like, nectar.

Too right...

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 08:56 AM
what? that's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.
the old Heineken brewery is right fucking here in Amsterdam. I used to live around the corner. if you ever want to take a look for verification, come the fuck over. it's now a museum about how the beer is brewed & the actual brewery is placed somewhere else. yes, they indeed -brew- the fucking stuff. it's a REAL beer.

y'know, like.. the Offspring isn't a real band, man. underground, unknown basement shit all the way!

I know.. that's the point I was making..

BuddyHolly
04-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Beer's my favorite... oh wait tequila is... wtf i love em both

Punky Dudess
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Smirnoff ice... YUM!

JoY
04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
JoY, i went to the Heineken museum not that long ago, still got my free glass. (whenever i have a beer at home i always drink out of that)
It was quite interesting, got myself a t-shirt with "beer" in about 15 languages on it. Hee hee, so i'm prepared in most parts of the world.
that's cool. =)

my first day after I'd just moved away to Amsterdam, I encountered two guys, who were handing out a free Heineken glass in a can (the one you get at the museum/old brewery) to everyone to get them interested in going to the museum. when they gave me one, I said; "oh wow, lucky day, I actually collect Heineken items." (which I actually do)
"really?", they said.
"yeah, I do. pretty idiotic, but yeah."
"no no, that's brilliant! here, take the bag. bye bye!"

they gave me all the Heineken glasses in cans they had left. I now have about thirty of those things & I already had about 80 glasses in all different shapes & colours. man, I don't know where to put them anymore. they rock, though. every time I look at my collection, it reminds me of the first day I officially lived in Amsterdam.<3

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Aw. I want one now.

*Flutters eyelashes*

JoY
04-22-2005, 09:41 AM
you may have one.
once we meet. *flutters eyelashes*

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-22-2005, 09:41 AM
I'll almost definitely be in Holland for the summer.

DUNCS
04-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Nice1 JoY.
You going to be opening a bar with all your glasses?

renee
04-22-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm simple-anything will do. I go through phases. When I lived in Denmark, I loved the Danish beers, when I go to London, I love those beers and when I'm home I love the "stuff" here. Currently I'm on a BlueMoon and a good ole' fashion Bud kick. Last night, I had a margarita (hornitos 100% blue agave), a cranberry and stoli, a bud and a corona. So, you see I'm an alcohol whore. Whatever is around I'll do.

sKratch
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I have little experience of a wide range of alcohol, being oh-so-young, so I mostly like highly popular stuff.

Beer: Budweiser (sKratch, don't kill me), Fosters, Kronenburg
Spirits: Southern Comfort and Sambuca
Wine: Any Rose. Don't like white or red.

There you go.
Hah I love that you knew I'd have something to say.
<3

Jimbob2005
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Schnapps, boddington's drought or any other beer excluding Tesco brand beer

Mota Boy
04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Currently, my alcohol intake is determined by price much more than taste.

Beer - Bud Select
Wine - Yellowtail
Liquor - I recently discovered Polar Ice vodka, which tastes great and costs about 18 bucks a handle. Also, the bottle looks ubercool.

Next year, once I have some more disposable income and plenty of people with whom to drink, I'm considering getting to know various whiskies.

Oh, and I also have a special place in my heart for Jose Cuervo.

Camilamazed
04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Wiiiiiineeeeeeeeee and Chocolate Liquor :D

*Cammy wants some*

I had Tequila Last Saturday......... :D Like that a lot as well hehe

_ߥ_vil_
04-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Vodka Red Square.

YUM.... :D

ShadowPyro
04-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Vodka Red Square.

YUM.... :D
Your underage... I like vodka a tiny bit... I hate church wine..

_ߥ_vil_
04-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Your underage... I like vodka a tiny bit... I hate church wine..

So?
:p
My dad buys me it. I get lightheaded and get pissed alot. It's funny. :D

Chris
04-22-2005, 05:55 PM
No particular preference although do rate Grolsch and Kronenburg quite highly, but it's Hobgoblin or Firestorm if out with my ale drinking mate. A fine wine goes down well with me as well, perhaps a Chilean.

JoY
04-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Nice1 JoY.
You going to be opening a bar with all your glasses?
my own personal bar. only my friends & me are allowed. ;P

Dave; that's very good news. very. *tiny bounce*

Skip91
04-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Malibu
its like a cocktail
and bailey's irish cream
all the other stuff is too strong