PDA

View Full Version : I fucking love you Offspring!

Pin
04-22-2005, 08:07 AM
You know, almost five years ago I arrived in the United States as a pretty quirky Canadian. Convinced that I had betrayed my country for a seething mass of gun-totin hicks, I began my little journey on the path of world hating.

Unfortunately for me, my little excursion into the mindless wastes of rebellion were to be defty deflected towards a higher enlightenment. Why? Because I chose the wrong punk band to become obsessed with.

I don't know how many college guys you get who come on to these forums and kiss ass, but this I will tell you: My perspective on life has no doubt changed dramatically, and my sense for music has developed into something completely different, but no matter how much I grow, I come back to the music of the Offspring and think this is the good shit.

Rarely in life do you encounter someone who has such perspective. Rarely in life do you encounter someone with such timeless insight expressed so subtly through art. And that's why you guys will rock on forever, because that perspective and spirit is so clear in your music (and in your actions as well).

Real life heroes, I'll play a song in your name.

...and now to get back to work :cool:

Dexter Powerhead
04-22-2005, 08:18 AM
i agree. they are my fuckin heroes

fockuman05
04-22-2005, 08:34 AM
same...same. :o

scotishabbit
04-22-2005, 11:53 AM
they fucking rule i love them too much

sk8ter-hater
04-22-2005, 11:56 AM
I don't like them that much to go fuck them..............

raptor1437
04-22-2005, 11:59 AM
The Offspring are the whole reason I play music. If it wasn't for them I know my life would suck. Not as eloquent as our friend from the North, but it's the truth.

Funky Donkey
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
The Offspring got me into music!!!! Now I love them and have a bunch of merchandise adn have been to a concert. It took a while (about 14 years) but I love them.

P.S. I also love the pure insanity of Crazy Taxi It's all I Want!!!!

Jimbob2005
04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
One of the best bands ever. They fucking rule, period.