PDA

View Full Version : "The Anime Thread"

lousyskater
04-23-2005, 03:38 PM
this thread is for all things anime and/or manga. and please, no trolling.

a thread like this was done a couple of months ago and has since vanished, so i decided to start a new one up. i know there are some anime fans on this board, so start posting away.

Amanda
04-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Ne1 here watching Naruto?

Noodles is gay
04-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Anime rocks :cool:

What are we supposed to talk about?

lousyskater
04-23-2005, 03:56 PM
yeah. it's one of my favorites. i like Bleach better though.

Inuyasha
04-23-2005, 06:21 PM

i love naruto (anime), but my favorite is Rurouni Kenshin

gradeA
04-23-2005, 06:26 PM
anime sucks

Mr. Noodles
04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
i love naruto, but my favorite is Rurouni Kenshin
I like Inuyasha (ANIME TV SHOW).

Inuyasha
04-23-2005, 07:32 PM
And i also like cowboy bebop xD

Vera
04-24-2005, 09:33 AM
The only show that I've watched all the way through was Love Hina. Pretty cool but totally disappointing at the end. I know there's another show, continuation called Love Hina Again, but I can't bother with that.

0r4ng3
04-24-2005, 09:34 AM
im not a big anime fan. the only one i've seen was dragonball z. once i tried watching DBGT, but i was lost...
________
Bong pictures (http://glassbongs.org/)

Vera
04-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Dragonball blows cock.

0r4ng3
04-24-2005, 09:41 AM
thats what i mean: im not a big anime fan. i used to watch DBZ, like when i was 10
________
Blowjob brutal (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/335/brutal/videos/1)

anna abbasi
06-22-2005, 03:57 PM
bleach,naruto and fullmetal alchemist rock!

Hit_That
06-22-2005, 04:05 PM
the street fighter movies are the only anime movies i like

dark muffin
06-22-2005, 05:53 PM
anime is gay and it sucks............. :mad:

ASP
06-22-2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/2003/09/reviews/06/pic.jpg
If you like manga and haven't read this one, GET IT NOW! You have to read it.

Anya82
06-23-2005, 05:09 PM
i'm more into shojo!
but i also like those series that make me think about life, and stuff.

Inuyasha
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/2003/09/reviews/06/pic.jpg
If you like manga and haven't read this one, GET IT NOW! You have to read it.

I've seen like 3 episodes of that anime and I really liked it, have to download the rest of the episodes.

Anya82
06-23-2005, 05:49 PM
my fave manga is Kare Kano... i MUST get volumes 9 - 15!!!!!

is anyone going to Comic-con in San Diego (CA) this year?

IdiotOfTheDay
06-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm not a big anime fan, but I watch some shows....I used to watch Rave Master, but then I was busy a few weeks in a row and started not understanding what was happening. And I watch Paranoia Agent on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network...does anyone know what's happening to ACTN on Saturdays, anyway? I think I remember them saying they're getting rid of it...

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 06:26 PM
My favorite Anime is a tie between Samurai Champloo and Elfen Lied

My favorite Manga is Lone Wolf and Cub

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Pokemon or anime in general

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-23-2005, 06:52 PM
An escape from their waking lives? That's what I always assumed.

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
I watch anime and read manga just liek anyone else would watch friends or read what ever they read

it isnt an obbsession or anything i just find it to be better then most shows on tv

0r4ng3
06-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I used to watch Yu Gi Oh, but it just got more and more annoying. They can't go one episode, or 5 minutes, without mentioning "friendship". I hate it when shows put in morals.

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Don't know exactly why I like it i guess cause iam interested in art mabey or that they can do stuff in anime they cant do on real tv and make it look good who knows.
I liek it better then American cartoons because they have alot better art most the time and there more mature.

St. Jimmy
06-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Anime sucks....

WebDudette
06-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Anime sucks....

Thats the smartest thing I've heard all day.
But may I add if you dislike anime so much why come to a thread specifically for anime.

Anya82
06-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Taken from another 'anime' thread in this bbs:

well, i don't think that just because they're drawings/animations they're suppose to be for children.

I like anime because of the well done art they have. I really like that.

I also like anime because they have original and creative stories, and they're for different kind of people. There are series about fantasy, goth stories, drama, technology, philosophy, horror, romance, teen dramas, magic, history, war, future, past... they're also for different ages, kids, teens, adults... for guys, and for girls...

Oh! and i also like the OST

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I used to watch Yu Gi Oh, but it just got more and more annoying. They can't go one episode, or 5 minutes, without mentioning "friendship". I hate it when shows put in morals.

A-fucking-greed. And it's not just anime. Any show that puts "I learned something today" type stuff in it automatically sucks a hell of a lot more. Except South Park. But that's not really serious, so..

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Is anyone going to this year's Comic-con in San Diego?

jade fahy
07-12-2005, 12:24 AM
im a freak...i like shoneni...

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:31 AM
i like a lot of anime/manga but.. my fave are the shojos

Sailor moon
magic knight rayearth
angelic layer
chobits
aa megami sama (oh my goddess)
oh my mini goddess
serial experiments lain
kare kano
X
perfect blue
candy candy
mazinger Z
robotech
mahou no princess minky momo
boys over flowers
hana kimi
mermalade boy
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Infinite Ryvius
kaitou St. Tail
excel saga

bla bla bla..

CLAMP rule. Those girls are the best mangakas.

neocon58
07-12-2005, 03:36 AM
i don't like manga, just thought you should know.

jade fahy
07-12-2005, 04:22 PM
if you like the whole demonic thing...anya... you should read diabolo....its really cool...

Anya82
07-13-2005, 01:03 AM
nah.. i'm more into shojos and psychological thrillers

lousyskater
08-24-2005, 01:57 AM
time to ressurect this thread. i've been watching quite a bit of anime recently, namely Hunter X Hunter, Peacemaker Kurogane, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, Paranoia Agent, and Monster. still watching Naruto and Bleach as well, but once a week, because i'm fully caught up with both shows.

that show is only like that because of the dubbing company 4Kids. the original anime was nothing like that. in fact, most anime's brought to america are butchered pretty badly to fit our standards. that's why i watch fansubs. fansubs keep the original anime closest to it's original form. and not all anime's are the same. there is an anime for every Genre. for pure action and gore, i'd go with Hellsing. Paranoia Agent is an excellent Psychological thriller. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is one of the funniest animes there is. Naruto is a great action/adventure anime. just trying to get through to all the people who think all anime is like the crappy kids shows like Pokemon and Yugioh.

anna abbasi
08-24-2005, 03:46 AM
i havent seen that much anime but the ones i have seen,in sub, are

naruto
full metal alchemist
samurai 7
bleach
samurai champloo
and a bit of dragon ball z

gonna start watching

gundamn wing
escaflone
trigun

and thats it. my favorite has to be full metal alchemist. i loved the story and the characters,awsome anime :D

Vera
08-24-2005, 06:03 AM
I used to read loads of shojo manga but gave up. They just got very dull at some point.

Nowadays I've moved onto the Shonen Jump-series. Death Note is an ace manga, though I sort of lost interest after Chapter 62. Bleach is a fucking addictive and awesome anime.

Naruto blows, though.

SMASH0390
08-24-2005, 12:06 PM
I used to read loads of shojo manga but gave up. They just got very dull at some point.

Nowadays I've moved onto the Shonen Jump-series. Death Note is an ace manga, though I sort of lost interest after Chapter 62. Bleach is a fucking addictive and awesome anime.

Naruto blows, though.

u blow asswhipe. yea i like naruto and trigun. flcl and cowboy bebop i supose too but thats bout it. i like the manga mainly tho. samari champloo is ok also

Offspring-Fanatic
08-24-2005, 12:10 PM
I like Inuyasha (ANIME TV SHOW).

I record that on our TiVo. i watch the episode once, and i delete it. I hate all other anime though. I don't know why I like it specifically, but i dunno...I hate all other anime though. My brother loves it. He's obsessed with some dumb show called Fooly Cooly....

Anya82
08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
right now i'm downloading Peach Girl! :D
yes, there IS an anime series!!!!!!!!! :D
and.. i just HATE that fucking Sae!! what a bitch! :mad:

Punky Dudess
08-24-2005, 12:15 PM
does this include pokemon? i used to watch that every morning when it was the fad.

lousyskater
08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
I record that on our TiVo. i watch the episode once, and i delete it. I hate all other anime though. I don't know why I like it specifically, but i dunno...I hate all other anime though. My brother loves it. He's obsessed with some dumb show called Fooly Cooly....

Inuyasha is probably one of the worst anime's out there IMO. FLCL(Fooly Cooly/Furi Curi) is a great anime though.

Offspring-Fanatic
08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
i hate anime. did u hear that? I HATE ANIME!!!!!!!!!! there now you can read that. if not, you must be blind and crazy like that guy in Little Nicky.

i only like Inuyasha for some strange reason. i don't know why. And Fooly Cooly is extremely stupid. thats why they only made 6 episodes. and how is it a great show with some guy that is obsessed with bread and things coming out of some kids head?

i know this from my 12 year old brother.

original_prankster
08-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Naruto: Best anime & manga. Period. The American dub of the cartoon better not fuck up what I love about the Japanese series...

InuYasha is okay. It's nothing great, but it's enjoyable.

Fullmetal Alchemist is really REALLY dull and boring. I hate it.

Wolf's Rain is awesome and they better put it back on TV soon because I can't find the DVDs anywhere and online they cost a fortune.

Tenchi Muyo is my second favorite anime. I own some of the series on video.

And I like alot of other animes that I don't feel like mentioning. Woot.

jackass
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
does this include pokemon? i used to watch that every morning when it was the fad.

Yeah same here, that's it though.

Man Parts
08-24-2005, 04:50 PM
wow... ruroken hasnt posted hear yet...

lousyskater
08-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Naruto: Best anime & manga. Period. The American dub of the cartoon better not fuck up what I love about the Japanese series...

i just know Viz is gonna fuck it up. i just know it. epecially the name pronounciations. i know a crap load of people who already pronounce most of the names wrong.

jade fahy
08-25-2005, 12:25 AM
sha...i barely read viz....its usually tokyo pop...

bd007h
08-25-2005, 12:27 AM
never liked anime.

jade fahy
08-25-2005, 12:30 AM
never liked anime.
well fuck you...

anna abbasi
08-25-2005, 07:21 AM
i just know Viz is gonna fuck it up. i just know it. epecially the name pronounciations. i know a crap load of people who already pronounce most of the names wrong.

same here, my friend cant even say naruto.XP

Vera
08-25-2005, 08:07 AM
u blow asswhipe. yea i like naruto and trigun. flcl and cowboy bebop i supose too but thats bout it. i like the manga mainly tho. samari champloo is ok also
Wow, what idiocy.

Just because I don't like something you like, doesn't mean you should take it personally.

The reason I don't like Naruto is probably because
a) it's not aimed at 18 year old girls
b) it has fight sequences that drag out for episodes and episodes and nothing happens in them - booooring!
c) almost none of the characters have my sympathies - I dig Kakashi but Naruto is annoying, Sakura makes me ashamed for my gender and Sasuke is sometimes even more annoying than Naruto.
d) boring fight sequences, sorry, just boring.

So if you like Naruto, fine. If you're a Narutard, fine.

But don't expect me to appreciate the supposed genius of it.

Vera
08-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Anime sucks.There's an original opinion no one's ever had before!

Anya82
08-25-2005, 01:20 PM
sha...i barely read viz....its usually tokyo pop...
i read tokyopop too, mostly cause they have the best shojo!
right now, i'm reading Kare Kano <3 and Happy Mania.

oh, and I got Masami Tsuda's* autograph at the Comic-con!!!!!! weeeh!!!

*Kare Kano mangaka.

Apathy
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
I absolutely hate anime. To me, Everyone looks the same, All the voices are annoying, the expressions are retarded, Everything looks Fake and overdone.

I won't post anymore in here though, So I don't ruin your thread.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
I absolutely hate anime. To me, Everyone looks the same, All the voices are annoying, the expressions are retarded, Everything looks Fake and overdone.

I won't post anymore in here though, So I don't ruin your thread.

Hentai is good, once in a while.

Anya82
08-25-2005, 07:31 PM
To me, Everyone looks the same, All the voices are annoying, the expressions are retarded, Everything looks Fake and overdone.

voices can be annoying sometimes, but you get used to that japanese sound.
the "retarded and fake" expressions are because they're the "funny" stuff, maybe you haven't seen "serious" anime, where the drawings and animations are more... "real".

ruroken
08-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Nimrod In Town']Hentai is good, once in a while.
I agree.

[not related to hentai]
Rurouni Kenshin is the best anime ever and always will be.