PDA

View Full Version : The Official Thread about "Greatest Hits" Album

Fall-children
04-24-2005, 01:07 PM
speak anything about it we dont know anything just that is almost done, no rumors just official stuff and what you think..ok romours are welcome too :D

Jack the Tripper
04-24-2005, 01:39 PM
There's some news about it on the main page, but it doesn't help a whole lot. The Greatest Hits will have all the singles and maybe some other really popular songs from the earlier albums. I don't know if they will, but they might include Defy You on it. It will have the police cover and one or more new songs. That is everything I know about the Greatest Hits album.

Skate Rat 19
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
I know its due this summer, I'm sure before or after the warped tour. I hope they take this opportunity to gain some publicity and what not not. It'd be cool to see them on tv once again. They don't have to go sell out, but it's about time they get out there, Splinter was a crying shame, that cd could have gone 15 time platinum. The Noose, Hit That, CGMHAY, Never Gonna Find Me............ come on.

Fernômeno
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM
They will release this album with all the singles and just one new song probably, and the rest of the material they were recording and that dexter said in interviews that is great, will probably be in the next new album that I think they will release in the first semester of 2006...Don't expect much of this greatest hits, just the accoustic version of dirty magic and the new song will be "new" on it, and I think that the set list will be short, we have to wait for the next new album, this one will really kick some ass...

0r4ng3
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
i heard the new, non-greatest hits album is out late 2005
________
GLASS PIPE PICTURES (http://glasspipes.net/)

punk_riOt
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Well...

theres been reports of like the 14 track album, with all the major hits on it (www.punkbands.com) with can't repeat at the end..but i'm not fully convinced that it's official, i think there should be more tracks on it, and better, more popular one's ya know..shit like bad habit, beheaded, some of the real punk kinda songs theyve made, coz its a lot better than the commerical bullshit like pretty fly, i like them a lot better when they're making punk sounding songs, but anyway...hopefully they'll have great song on it, can't wait to hear the new shit !!! :D

sk8ter-hater
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
How can it be the official if it's the latest one?
Just cause it says official?

Fall-children
04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Well...

theres been reports of like the 14 track album, with all the major hits on it (www.punkbands.com) with can't repeat at the end..but i'm not fully convinced that it's official, i think there should be more tracks on it, and better, more popular one's ya know..shit like bad habit, beheaded, some of the real punk kinda songs theyve made, coz its a lot better than the commerical bullshit like pretty fly, i like them a lot better when they're making punk sounding songs, but anyway...hopefully they'll have great song on it, can't wait to hear the new shit !!! :D

lets face the truth kids, they dont want to win the allready won people they want money, they want new fans, so the greatest hits its ussually for the one that doesnt want to buy all the albums so he buy the greatest hits and get happy with that so we dont have to expect anything amazin form them.. thats the truth.
sorry for my english :(

Tired_Of_You
04-24-2005, 07:50 PM
How many times people will need to repeat it? This track list is bullshit and don't forget that it's a Greatest Hits. A Greatest Hits = their hits (songs that played on the radio and/or TV), not their best songs.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Greatest Hits should always be renamed as "Most Famous Hits". That's what it's all about.

Fernômeno
04-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Greatest Hits should always be renamed as "Most Famous Hits". That's what it's all about.

That makes some fucking sense, and that's why Greatest Hits aren't recorded for the greatest fans. A trully offsprin fan would never accept an album that should contain the best songs without the noose, million miles away, long way home, beheaded, bad habbit, meaning of life, dammit, I Changed Again, LIghtening Rod and all this real punk great songs.

0r4ng3
04-24-2005, 08:12 PM
do you think the offspring should release a cd with their punkest (if that's a word) songs?

beheaded, kill the president, lapd, nitro, etc.
________
MASTURBATION VIDS (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/27/masturbation/videos/1)

Fernômeno
04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
do you think the offspring should release a cd with their punkest (if that's a word) songs?

beheaded, kill the president, lapd, nitro, etc.

Yeah they should, and this should be called The Greatest "Songs" Album, by the way, the word "HITS" is a peace of shit...not that I don't like theier hits, but I hate the word hits, for sure...

0r4ng3
04-24-2005, 08:22 PM
in most cases, they use the word "hits" because when you hear it, you wanna hit the band/artist until they stop making hits...
________
California mdecial marijuana dispensaries (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Fernômeno
04-24-2005, 08:32 PM
in most cases, they use the word "hits" because when you hear it, you wanna hit the band/artist until they stop making hits...

hahaha, that's definitly what I want to do when I hear the word HIT...but I made an effort to like the offspring hits, not like the other songs, but they are good hits, but when I go to a concert, and they put Pretty Fly instead of Lightening Rod in the Set List, and Why Don't You Get A Job instead fo Million Miles Away, I feel really bad...

Evil-Dead
04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
NOFX' best of album did that

notoriousdoc
04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
yeah, definately "best of" instead of "greatest hits"

Fall-children
04-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Work on the new recording has now been completed. The song “Can‘t Repeat” will be included in the upcoming greatest hits album. It is the first new Offspring material since 2003‘s Splinter and is slated to be the first single for the collection due out this summer. More info to come soon.

we knoe that official sutff released on the official webiste

Jack the Tripper
04-25-2005, 06:32 PM
The New Offspring album, Conspiracy Of One, was released in stores today. The album is available in CD, LP, Cassette, and Minidisc format. The album contains an enhanced portion (CD-XTRA) that when placed in your computer will allow you access to Offspring Nation, The Offspring‘s on-line fan club.

robitor
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
so, the offspring is done with?!?! they're not gonna create another album?!?! that SUX! :eek: :(

Fernômeno
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I propose on this moment that every offspring fan in this world starts to pray togheter for the Song Can't Repeat, because it will be a single, and it can be a commercial pop song....so let's pray togheter for this song...

That "Can't Repeat" born as a punk fucking good song, a single similar to "Defy You" or "All I Want" and not similar to "Pretty Fly" or "WDYGAJ"....

Amem...

0r4ng3
04-25-2005, 08:16 PM
so, the offspring is done with?!?! they're not gonna create another album?!?! that SUX! :eek: :(
where did you hear that? it's not even true. they're making an album out late '05 or early '06
________
What temperature do you set a vaporite vaporizer for best use (http://www.vaporshop.com)

Fernômeno
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
where did you hear that? it's not even true. they're making an album out late '05 or early '06

It's in the site...

0r4ng3
04-25-2005, 08:24 PM
where? it says nothing that the offspring are done with
________
Amateur Interracial (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/62/interracial/videos/1)

Camilamazed
04-25-2005, 08:25 PM
The Funny is:
Word has it that Defy you is on the track list. It wasn't a big hit at all.But if it is i I thought That Smash it up would be included as well.

0r4ng3
04-25-2005, 08:31 PM
^ it's the very fact that it is a hit, with a video and all, makes it a greatest hit. it's a fact that "greatest hits" means all hits, no matter how obscure
________
DRUG TESTS (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Dead Cheerleader
04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
lets face the truth kids, they dont want to win the allready won people they want money, they want new fans, so the greatest hits its ussually for the one that doesnt want to buy all the albums so he buy the greatest hits and get happy with that so we dont have to expect anything amazin form them.. thats the truth.
sorry for my english :(

Dude their fan base is in the millions probably. Of course they want the existing fans to be happy.

Caijs
06-05-2005, 04:38 AM
man i thought the offspring were hardcore
what kind of a joke is this

offspring kid
06-05-2005, 05:30 AM
the GH cd will hit the stores on 27th or 20th june in Europe !

Obie2trice
06-05-2005, 05:40 AM
where? it says nothing that the offspring are done with

It`s not true

offspring kid
06-05-2005, 05:46 AM
hey anyone wrote a letter to the offspring?? .......... DO THEY REPLY back or something ??

foxy
06-05-2005, 06:06 AM
:D whos pre orderd GH i have
i cant wait

:D :D