PDA

View Full Version : do you like your name?

burning-the-high-life
04-25-2005, 02:20 PM
i'm not talking about your screan name but your real name mine is Devon and i hate my name. i think its just that people don't like their own name.

_ߥ_vil_
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Has this stemed from our convo??

Hehehehe

I hate my name with a passion!

I'm Sa-rah.....I'm going to write it like this >>>> Sera

Different- YES

wheelchairman
Yes, my existence redefines my name.

crazy_offspring_gal
my screen name just totally describes me!.........CRAZY!

my real name id kim........i hate it! KIM!.......how origianal!(spelling?? sorry)

aww i like that name, devon! aww cute! theres a place in enaland called devon (i think) lol :D

original_psycho
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Fuck, I hate my name. Also I hate my parents for giving me that name. Ick.

burning-the-high-life
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
aww i like that name, devon! aww cute! theres a place in enaland called devon (i think) lol :D

yes there is. my dad was from the UK and he named me after it. what a ####### dumbass i mean i love my dad and all cause he's my dad but seriously wtf.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Fuck, I hate my name. Also I hate my parents for giving me that name. Ick.

Shush. Your name is beautiful.

My name would suck if I didn't have a last name that went so well with it. As a result, they both rule.

burning-the-high-life
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM

My name would suck if I didn't have a last name that went so well with it. As a result, they both rule.

so your name is actually johnny nemesis that's awsome. if not oh well i still hate my name.

original_psycho
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM

No. My name sucks.

And your name is cool. Ricardo, isn't it? If so, it's very cool indeed =)

nameless
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
i always said id change my name (david) when i was younger, now im not so bothered! i guess youd really have to hate your name to go through all the hassle of changing it properly though!

just out of curiosity, has anyone else been told alternative names they may have had?! if id been a girl i would have been called rosie! (apparently) and being a boy it was between david and thomas!!!

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 03:10 PM
No. My name sucks.

And your name is cool. Ricardo, isn't it? If so, it's very cool indeed =)

Yes, it's Ricardo! Thank you muchly.

If you really think your name sucks, you'll really be mad at the fact that I'm probably in the same category as your parents. I just might give my child the same name you're complaining about so much :P

so your name is actually johnny nemesis that's awsome.
If that was my real name, I'd officially be the greatest person ever, with Gandhi, Matt Groening, Karl Marx, and Jason Alexander not far behind. But alas, I'll settle for an 8th place tie with Ted Danson.

original_psycho
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, it's Ricardo! Thank you muchly.

If you really think your name sucks, you'll really be mad at the fact that I'm probably in the same category as your parents. I just might give my child the same name you're complaining about so much :P
Eek. You're really thinking about naming your kid Luiza?! Please, don't be so cruel. I beg you.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 03:13 PM
It's a beautiful name! What's wrong with it?

Tired_Of_You
04-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't care about my name, it's not an ugly name or a beautiful one in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is that there are so many girls with the same name as me. My mother wanted to call me Marilou.

Tired_Of_You
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Eek. You're really thinking about naming your kid Luiza?! Please, don't be so cruel. I beg you.
Luiza is not an ugly name.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 03:15 PM
My mother almost named me Michael, which is so nauseatingly bland and boring that I would have officially changed it ages ago.

Then, she almost lengthened it to Michaelangelo. *shudder*

I'm lucky I got out of that womb with something halfway decent.

burning-the-high-life
04-25-2005, 03:15 PM
If that was my real name, I'd officially be the greatest person ever, with Gandhi, Matt Groening, Karl Marx, and Jason Alexander not far behind. But alas, I'll settle for an 8th place tie with Ted Danson.

oh well, but that would be an awsome name though isn't it weird it seems like people with really cool names become famous. like gandhi, but maybe its just me.

original_psycho
04-25-2005, 03:18 PM
It's a beautiful name! What's wrong with it?
I just don't like it. The only thing I like about it is the fact that I can be called Iza. =P
But I just hate it. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Luiza is not an ugly name.
Well, maybe it isn't. But I just don't like it. And I'm just too stubborn so I'll stick with my idea =P

satitania
04-25-2005, 03:18 PM
my parents were deciding between Tanya and Leia....my mom wanted to name me Leia from star wars...she's obsessed with Han Solo (more specifically harrison ford), they stuck with Tanya though, i'm happy with it.

The Goth Guy
04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
I dont really give a shit about my name,Marcus kinda makes me sound like a mexican.Some bastard called me Marco Polo and I beat his face in.

ninth
04-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I dig my name (Sean), but I dislike the spelling of my middle name and I abhor my last name (which is not the name I was born with and which will eventuallly be changed, whenever I decide what I want to change it to).

Betty
04-25-2005, 05:35 PM
I love my name! It's pretty regular... but I don't think there are nearly as many people with my name as there used to be. My middle name, Marie, rocks too, even though it is all religious and everything. My last name is fine... it's french... but I don't like when people call me by my fullname when it is unecessary... don't know why.

punkangel
04-25-2005, 05:35 PM
I absolutely hate my name:

Danielle Elizabeth D'Alfonso

just way too long

Mr. Noodles
04-25-2005, 05:38 PM
My name's alright.

It's Jon.

Isolated Fury
04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
My name is too bland. There are only a few names that are more boring than Andrew. However, I should be thankful. My dad wanted to name me Jeremiah. He liked the song "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog."

I like my surname, though. It's Sicilian, but I'd like to have it legally changed back to the old spelling of Siciliano. It makes me feel better when I say it with the "O" :rolleyes:

ninth
04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
I am a Supplemental Restraint System.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
My name's alright.

It's Jon.

Your posts are always remarkably short.

Mr. Noodles
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Your posts are always remarkably short.
Do you have a problem with that?

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Sometimes, yeah, because you're really not saying anything at all. But overall, it's cool, and I have no problem.

If you're going to respond with a profanity ridden version of "Well too bad, don't read!", don't bother. Seen it a million times before and it doesn't impress me. I have no beef here and I choose to keep it that way.

Isolated Fury
04-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Sometimes, yeah, because you're really not saying anything at all. But overall, it's cool, and I have no problem.

If you're going to respond with a profanity ridden version of "Well too bad, don't read!", don't bother. Seen it a million times before and it doesn't impress me. I have no beef here and I choose to keep it that way.

Dude...I truly respect how you handle situations. I do the same thing sometimes, but if I'm upset, I seem to lose control. You, on the other hand, maintain your composure at all times.

I applaud you.

Unnatural Disaster
04-25-2005, 07:11 PM
My name is alright.... Tim

ThrashedThrasher
04-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I hate my name it's too popular. Christina. Plus I don't think it really fits me ...

coke_a_holic
04-25-2005, 07:57 PM
My mother almost named me Michael, which is so nauseatingly bland and boring that I would have officially changed it ages ago.

Then, she almost lengthened it to Michaelangelo. *shudder*

I'm lucky I got out of that womb with something halfway decent.

That's not cool! I agree it's bland. But I'm the only one in my class that goes by Mike so it's pretty sweet. The rest are little bastards who shop at Abercrombie and think Mike is a stoner name. Ha... They're right... Not really though... Or is it?

ninth
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I know a Mike and he is a worthless stoner.

Sunny
04-25-2005, 08:30 PM
i love my name. it's rather badass, if you ask me.

0r4ng3
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
i'm ok with my name (jesse) but i f*cking hate it when people spell it with an i. "for the last time, my name is not jessie, that's a girls name..."

my middle name was almost james, which would have been cool...
________
Digital vaporizers (http://digitalvaporizers.info)

turb0negr0
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
My name is Roger, and I don't like it very much.
Oh well, it could be worse.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Roger is kind of a cool name if you ask me.

Betty
04-25-2005, 10:23 PM
My friend's name is Michael, and he prefers to go by Michael.

SkunkIt
04-25-2005, 10:24 PM
I like my name, it means wise! :D

My favorite boy names:

Dexter
Steve

My favorite girl names:

Venus
Any Japanese names

Camilamazed
04-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Camila

Is just wonderful...... My Mom has made an excellent choice :D

RedSlayer
04-25-2005, 11:15 PM
i fuckung hate my name

i wish i had something less common, like Memento or Proculus

Amelia
04-26-2005, 12:10 AM
I hated my name when I was younger but now I love it. Its different and people remember it. also when someone calls out my name I know that there is a 99 percent chance they are talking to me unlike people with names like brian, sarah, amanada, ya know the common ones. :o

JoY
04-26-2005, 03:33 AM
I like my name. I would've liked it for itself, but I also like it because it's a family name that all the women from my mother's side carry. too bad so many people are called the same. I guess the difference is in the -la at the end, but most people manage to fuck those two simple letters up. you may call me Isabel, you may call me Bella, even Isa, but definitely NOT Isabelle.

Nina
04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
no, i dont really like mine, it is too short and too plain.
the only thing i like about it is the fact that its pretty much international.

Mentally_Challenged
04-26-2005, 09:43 AM
L-U-C-Y

That sucks....Making things worse, my middle name is Ann (how retarded and....un-original).

Even better, Microsoft Spell-check thing corrects my surname as Moose or Mouse.

Oh, the fucking joy of it all *cough*

Aimeht
04-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Not really. I prefer my nick, Mia.

Jimbob2005
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I like my name, James Michael Kerr, but it gets kind of annoying when people ask me if my middle name should be "wan". I kind of find it funny though, so I laugh with the joke.

UnityMinersrulz
04-29-2005, 05:37 PM
to tell you the truth my real name is Bryan but i would like to stick with Steven please thanks

Amanda
04-29-2005, 05:40 PM
to tell you the truth my real name is Bryan but i would like to stick with Steven please thanks
Ok... :rolleyes:
My name is what it is, that ugly thing you see above this message. Oh well, i guess it could have been worse...I might have been a Georgina (yes, my mother obsesses over that sick thing she calls a name).

ThrashedThrasher
04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
My name is Roger, and I don't like it very much.
Oh well, it could be worse.

Rogerio

Haha, sorry. My friend Sad Panda's real name is Roger too, but I call him Rogerio cause it pisses him off.

Anya82
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
i do like my name: Ana Cecilia

but.. i don't like that it's very common... specially "Ana"

Panzerfaust92
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I think my name is distinctive. I have never met another Tropher in my life.

Dive
04-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah, my first name's alright, but I like my last name the most. Very German.

arak0r
04-30-2005, 01:13 AM
i <3 my first and middle names. last name is meh. mainly cause its the anglicized version of it. prefer the original version. which = h-amhaigh
name Joseph William

the_GoDdEsS
04-30-2005, 01:21 AM
My parents were deciding between Natalia and Simona. Natalia sounded too Russian and Simona won because it was very rare at that time. I still don't know any other woman with this name and there'd better be no other. It seemed ordinary to me and I started really liking it just a few years ago. People frequently tell me it goes well with my surname. I don't think I'd want to change my surname either.

offsprung
04-30-2005, 06:26 AM
i like my name; it's different.
ashley-ann not just ashley.

Izie
04-30-2005, 06:33 AM
Every second girl in Serbia has my name (Ivana), but I live. I don't mind it, especially because people almost never call me by my full name, it's usually my two nicks: Iza (invented by one of my high school friends like 3 years ago, but mostly online people and foreign people use it) and Bubi (my two best friends came up with that, and it just stayed...

the drunken kitten
04-30-2005, 07:15 AM
i have gotten used to my name. it is nice enough the only thing is i am named after a beatles song. the first reaction i get when i tell people my name is, "you're kidding,right?"
not my favorite beatles song but my name is "Penny Lane"
but Lane is my middle name. :p

GRfan
04-30-2005, 07:16 AM
My name is Kostas and I think it's a cool name

ASP
04-30-2005, 08:09 AM
I have no problem with my own name, but my freind does. My real name is Scott and for no apparent reason, she has taken to calling me Ben. That is a name that I don't like. Apparently my name doesn't fit me, but I'm not the one bitching about it, go figure.

the_GoDdEsS
04-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Friends do that. My other two names that are used very frequently are 'Jack' or 'Amalka'.

RXP
04-30-2005, 08:46 AM
My name's gay. I hate telling people how to pronounce it. But then again I'd hate to have a common name.

Sunny
04-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Oh god, I hate telling people how to pronounce my last name. Actually I gave up a while ago, and now I just spell it out. Cuz there's no point.

Having an Eastern European last name AND living in the US = HELL.