PDA

View Full Version : Splinter, Explicit?

jrk247
04-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Why was Splinter the only explicit album?

Mentally_Challenged
04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Society changes...
Queer governments make new laws....
Religion thinks swearing is "naughty..."
But religion is a load of bullshit anyway :mad:
Sorry to all you religious folks out there :|

Anyhoo, my point was : Probably because government thought it was about time for another pointless law.

burning-the-high-life
04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
they sang about drinking and sex and they swore and the governments just gay.

billiejoe87_greenday
04-25-2005, 04:08 PM
What are you talking about? In Australia every Offspring album besides Self Titled has an explicit language sticker.

punkangel
04-25-2005, 04:14 PM

because it says fuck over 11 times

Unnatural Disaster
04-25-2005, 06:02 PM
What are you talking about? In Australia every Offspring album besides Self Titled has an explicit language sticker.

In the United States, it is the only explicit offspring album

Jack the Tripper
04-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I counted the fucks in all the albums to answer this question. Splinter has more than 11 fucks in it, so it's explict. S/T only has one (mine doesn't have KTP). Ignition only has a few. Smash only has about 6 or 7. Ixnay is almost the same as Samsh. Americana only has about 5. And CO! doesn't have any fucks in it.

satitania
04-25-2005, 06:49 PM
here none of them are marked as explicit

billiejoe87_greenday
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I counted the fucks in all the albums to answer this question. Splinter has more than 11 fucks in it, so it's explict. S/T only has one (mine doesn't have KTP). Ignition only has a few. Smash only has about 6 or 7. Ixnay is almost the same as Samsh. Americana only has about 5. And CO! doesn't have any fucks in it.

Your right that splinter has the most but to correct you. Ixnay has a fair bit more swearing than smash. Americana has four f-words all in the same song. Self titled has one, there is none in kill the president. And ive got the orginal limited edition Conspiracy of one which has huck it as a bonus song. So there is swearing on it.

robitor
04-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Society changes...
Queer governments make new laws....
Religion thinks swearing is "naughty..."
But religion is a load of bullshit anyway :mad:
Sorry to all you religious folks out there :|

Anyhoo, my point was : Probably because government thought it was about time for another pointless law.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE strait up...dawg...homie...g :D

Pyro
04-26-2005, 04:03 AM
You won't believe it but in my country only Conspiracy has the explict sticker. :D

dexterisMYman
04-26-2005, 04:34 AM
yeah it was cuz it contained more then 10 explicit words.

Hyper nova
04-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I think its because new stuff that has swareing in it has explicit built in to the cover (depending on country) and older stuff doent but any older stuff oftern has stickers instead. Its funny whats considered explict because in Avril Lavignes new(ish) album she say like Sh*t ONCE and it gets a explicit sticker.
Even some new stuff only has stickers.

If i Remember my splinter doesnt have a sticker at all.

Plus it will depend on the country.

Personally i think its just random sticker giving

Britney spears will start getting stickers soon for condoning violence by singing "Hit Me" :D

I really dont know and dont really care. PC gone made me says.