PDA

View Full Version : Religion...

Guillermo90
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
I think religion sucks, im not ANTI religion, i just beleive that its my last option when shit fucks up and thats my last chance ill just give a cute lil prayer, but other than that people make too much of it, hating it loving whatever. Stop! Its nothing.

0r4ng3
04-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I don't get religion either. when people have problems, they blame it on religion, but also turn to it to correct the very problem it caused. correct me if im wrong here...
________
Long term care insurance forum (http://www.insurance-forums.org/long-term-care-insurance/)

Rye
04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Everything good is god, everything bad is science.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
I know it's real cute at your age to come up with these theories/ideas, but think 'em through first. Hating all religion but using prayer as your last chance is incredibly hypocritical. If I'm hangin' off a cliff by a hand and desperately need someone to help me, I wouldn't choose you, that's for sure.

0r4ng3
04-25-2005, 09:03 PM
^ i don't hate religion, i just don't understand it, and dont believe in it
________
VAPIR DIGITAL AIR ONE REVIEW (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Rye
04-25-2005, 09:04 PM
When did I say I hated religion? My opinion is biased because I'm in the 'bible belt' . I guess I should have mentioned that.

By the way, if I'm hanging on to a cliff edge by one hand, I would take any fucking one that walked by.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
I was talking to Guillermo, guys.

Rye
04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Noted. I assumed you were using a plural your.

sk8ter-hater
04-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm kinda Catholic, but I don't really know anything about God or go o the masses and shit. Does that make me an atheist. At least I have enough respect to capitalize his first letter.

Guillermo90
04-25-2005, 10:06 PM
I didnt say i hated religion either dude, im saying religion is just bullwinkle, i dont beleive anything sohuld tell you what is right or wrong, like John Lennon said I dont beleive in the Beatles i just beleive in me! Its kool to take advice, no worries man, just make your own morals. Yayayyy! And for calling me a hypocrite i wouldnt save you either from falling off a cliff. Although i might do it since you called me cute.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
^If anyone can decipher that for me, let me know.

Betty
04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
I didnt say i hated religion either dude, im saying religion is just bullwinkle, i dont beleive anything sohuld tell you what is right or wrong, like John Lennon said I dont beleive in the Beatles i just beleive in me! Its kool to take advice, no worries man, just make your own morals. Yayayyy! And for calling me a hypocrite i wouldnt save you either from falling off a cliff. Although i might do it since you called me cute.

I didn't say I hated religion either, dude. I'm saying religion is just bullshit (?). I don't believe anything/anyone should tell you what is right or wrong; like John Lennon said: "I don't believe in the Beatles, I just believe in me!" It's cool to take advice, no worries man, but just make your own morals. (???????) And for calling me a hypocrite, I wouldn't save you from falling off a cliff, so fuck you, dude. (Although as an afterthought I might do it since you called me cute.)

Wow, still a bit confusing I think.

This thread is mostly too ridiculous to add any comments.

Guillermo90
04-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, when i said i think religion is bullwinkle (funny way of saying Bullshit ionno), sorry too harsh i dont think its bullshit i just think its... like, just useless. I mean religion is obviously when you beleive in a god or something to lead your life. In Catholism we have rules that we have to follow in life, if we dont follow em or break one, we go to hell.... fuck that i dont want anyone telling me what is wrong or right. The john lennon quote is him saying that he doesnt have to live his life being a beatle or like charishing them, or that hes a part of them, he just beleives in himself. I know my morals, i know i dont necisarilly beleive in god. I mean everyone makes such a big deal about Religion, so much controversy and everyone has so many differences just because of it, i mean look what its done, America has based their whole country on christianity (now dont fool yourself its true) and im living in it and its a load of shit. And then check out Hitler with his beleifs. I think its nothing anyone should ever worry about. Just worry about yourself and tell yourself what is wrong and right.

Betty
04-25-2005, 10:55 PM
i just beleive that its my last option when shit fucks up and thats my last chance ill just give a cute lil prayer

Okay, what you're saying isn't half bad (although it's been said a million times) but I think the problem is with what I quoted. Clearly that is very hypocritical, is it not?

Rye
04-25-2005, 11:20 PM
* slowly walks away *

Jebus
04-25-2005, 11:24 PM
I think religion sucks, im not ANTI religion, i just beleive that its my last option when shit fucks up and thats my last chance ill just give a cute lil prayer, but other than that people make too much of it, hating it loving whatever. Stop! Its nothing.
How old are you?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2005, 11:57 AM
I've personally always believed that people put far too much stock in the good of religion, and not enough in the good of humanity. Whenever there is a good person doing genuinly good deeds, there always seems to be one person saying God is giving him the strength and the will to do so. No, actually. The person is probably doing that because they're a good person in themselves. Give them some credit.

I'm not anti-religion either, I think some people take great comfort from belief in a deity (comfort some people need) but certainly more people should believe in their own worth in the world. IMHO.

notoriousdoc
04-26-2005, 12:03 PM
religon = bad belief = good

satitania
04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
wow....this has got to be the most generalized conversation ever.

Give people some credit sheesh...for one the whole "god is giving him the strength to do that" you're taking too literally. A lot of people are inspired by God and religion and thats whats giving them the strength to do the "right" things or good deeds etc. Even if you don't believe in God I hope you all can respect the fact that a lot of people are all around good people because they were inspired by good morals that stemmed from religion. Obviously there are two sides to everything, some religious beliefs are too extreme, but having no faith also seems pretty extreme to me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Not all people are good because of faith. Some people are good because they believe in the cause they're working towards, not because they're trying to be holy or whatever. People are far too humble about their own potential. Again, IMHO.

satitania
04-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Not all people are good because of faith. Some people are good because they believe in the cause they're working towards, not because they're trying to be holy or whatever. People are far too humble about their own potential. Again, IMHO.

thats why i say this conversation is very generalized. I didn't say all people do good because they are inspired by God, i'd be stupid to, duh. A lot of people feel too strongly for or against religion, and thats coming out in this conversation, too many unfair generalizations are being made.

Heat
04-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I also dont like Religion. I dont believe in a god that doesnt exist... but i'm not hating religion. but you have to see: religion cause lots of violence, war, suffering, blood and deads.

satitania
04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I also dont like Religion. I dont believe in a god that doesnt exist... but i'm not hating religion. but you have to see: religion cause lots of violence, war, suffering, blood and deads.

resisting...urge...to...scream...about...generaliz ations...argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!! didnt resist :P
sorry to rag on you but c'mon man, how unfair is that? There are two sides to every coin, religion has also done a lot of good while there are countless other things that are also responsible for "violence, war, suffering, blood...and i assume you meant death and not deads there at the end..."

Guillermo90
05-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Wait you got a good point in the whole 'god gives people inspiration'. Your right there, but i think thats all god wanted to do. Or jesus or whomever. I dont think Jesus would have liked it that he would kill himself so that people could live on.... instead people always go back ot him and kill themselves for their religion and die for it and everything.

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I think that people who are aethiest don't really think. I'm sorry if I'm stereotyping, but the "cool aethiests" at my school all are like "God doesn't exist! No one's gonna keep me down!" Then you ask them that one question that there is no answer to. Which is, how did the universe happen? Yeah, I know the Big Bang... But what started the Big Bang? They have no answer. Aethiests don't believe in anything, and when they're burning in hell... I'll be laughing at them... From hell.

Guillermo90
05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
athiest are dumb, a religion on not beleiving in god... ok.

JoY
05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
not this discussion again.

WHY are it always the dipshits that don't understand fuck about religion, that start these discussions? if you don't understand something, you can't really back up any statements about the matter with reasonable arguments, now can you?

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 06:24 PM
This thread SHOULD be locked... $20 says that some idiot will bump it a lot.

ASP
05-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I agree with you completely, man. I can't understand the fanatics about religeon. I just try to avoid the big sins, like killing people, and say a prayer once in a while.Thats really all you need to do.

JoY
05-03-2005, 07:09 PM
there you go. *hands you 20 e-bucks*

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Ha! Now I can use these 20 e-dollars to buy... Absolutely nothing.

JoY
05-03-2005, 07:15 PM
well, I saw rather nice e-sneakers on sale the other day...

Isolated Fury
05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, but you just know they'll hurt like Hell once you start e-jogging.

JoY
05-03-2005, 07:17 PM
but what if you just want them to look e-cool?

0r4ng3
05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
if you were to buy e-sneakers just to look e-cool, you would be considered an e-diot.

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I've already got some pretty cool ones my friends wrote nice messages all over http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/68970182533_3300.jpg

It also says things like "I HATE MYSELF" and "WON'T SOMEONE KILL ME?!" all over it. I love going to the dentist and the doctor.

JoY
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
if you were to buy e-sneakers just to look e-cool, you would be considered an e-diot.
why? I buy all my e-shoes to look good. of course they have to e-fit & e-walk nicely, but.. but..

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Funny, this conversation suddenly put me in mind of when Vera used to do it.

0r4ng3
05-03-2005, 07:42 PM
why? I buy all my e-shoes to look good. of course they have to e-fit & e-walk nicely, but.. but..
i'm just e-saying, if you only bought e-shoes to look good, i just don't think it's a very good e-dea.

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm with or4ng3. I'm gonna save up my e-dollars and buy an e-guitar!

0r4ng3
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
cool. i have an e-guitar, thinking of buying an e-bass, but those e-amps are so damn e-xpensive.

JoY
05-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Funny, this conversation suddenly put me in mind of when Vera used to do it.
*question mark above head*

why is everyone so focussed lately on who has done what first? this stuff.. has been done.. for ages. I'm sorry to disappoint & I bet that Sanni was a lot wittier & funnier when she pulled this (got to hand it to her; she's way wittier than I am), but it's not like.. oh whatever. you didn't say "she did it first", sticking your tongue out, anyway. I'm just being odd & silly.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I never said she did it first.. I just remember her doing it..

Sorry.. :(

JoY
05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
hahaha, yeah, I realised even before finishing my post.

do you know what it is? I'm just a big fat weenie that can't take it that she's so much wittier than I am. *SOB*

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I feel I've caused real offence here. I have an innate talent for it these days.

JoY
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
no, you haven't, sweety. *ruffles hair* you couldn't even offend a mosquito if you tried.

(mind you, I actually had fun picturing that)

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm sure it's just a phase. A horrible, horrible phase. EDIT: Sorry that was a little late.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
no, you haven't, sweety. *ruffles hair* you couldn't even offend a mosquito if you tried.

(mind you, I actually had fun picturing that)

"Hey, mosquito! You buzzing piece of shit! You wanna suck blood? Suck THIS, biatch!"

That's how I talk in real life. Honest.

0r4ng3
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
"Hey, mosquito! You buzzing piece of shit! You wanna suck blood? Suck THIS, biatch!"

Mosquito - "Oh yeah?! Well...er...I know you are but what am I?!"

JoY
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm sure it's just a phase. A horrible, horrible phase. EDIT: Sorry that was a little late.
how late were you exactly, because I couldn't connect that with any other post. *scratches head*

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Mosquito - "Oh yeah?! Well...er...I know you are but what am I?!"

Hehehe, I nearly spat out my 7UP laughing at that. Congratulations! =P

coke_a_holic
05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I feel I've caused real offence here. I have an innate talent for it these days.

And then I said I'm sure it's just a horrible phase.

JoY
05-03-2005, 08:18 PM
you couldn't even offend a mosquito if you tried.

told you.

& this isn't even half as funny as how I pictured it. but I won't tire you with my strange mental images. not now. not -this- night.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-03-2005, 08:20 PM
How about next night? You can tell me at my place. There can be candles, wine, dinner, dancing, strolls down rivers. All that jazz.

Whaddya say?

JoY
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
ooooh, how -could- I even say "no"?
*winknudge*

Mannen som blev en gris
05-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I understand it can help some people and I understand why some belive in one. However, think of how many bad things it has caused. Like 9/11. And don't forget the second world war.

Punky Dudess
05-04-2005, 11:51 AM
According to my dad, i'm supposed to be a roman catholic because he's italian. I personally don't see how it makes a difference to be 'roman catholic' to any other part of christianity. I hardly ever go to church!!!

original_prankster
05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I believe in God and Jesus, but I never go to church. I hate everyone there. They are all very hypocritical, and it gets on my nerves. "NO RATED R MOVIES! Wanna watch 'Braveheart'?" For cryin' out loud...

JoY
05-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I just thought of how Dave's & my innuendos are so out of place in this topic. hahahaha!

coke_a_holic
05-04-2005, 01:09 PM
And the bumping begins...

notoriousdoc
05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
American Christians are over the top and should be shot

hehe! thats gonna piss em off!

coke_a_holic
05-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Okay great. Now let's let the thread die. Please.

0r4ng3
05-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I agree, we should just stop posting on this thread. Anyone with me? Reply here if you are.