PDA

View Full Version : Where are you at?

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 04:15 AM
What do you for a living, or what do you do during weekdays?

I left school last year and started College in September but I didn't like it, so now I'm working at my local council, doing general admin work.

Bazza
04-26-2005, 04:28 AM
im in last year of 6th form, and have a part time job. goin to uni in september :D

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Nice, what Uni are you going to?
I personally feel I've had enough of education, well full-time education anyway!

Bazza
04-26-2005, 04:36 AM
gonna go to nottingham to do chemistry for 4 years :eek: , hopefully ill be drunk for most of it :D

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 04:38 AM
My sister went to Nottingham University, although, haven't they got 2?

Bazza
04-26-2005, 04:41 AM
yeh, there's Nottingham Uni and Nottingham Trent Uni (which was the old polytechnic, ie not as good)

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 04:43 AM
aha, I see. My sister went to Nottingham Trent Uni, which is probably why she came back early. :D

Bazza
04-26-2005, 04:46 AM
who cares whether it's any good or not?

my sis is at northampton uni, which isn't the best known uni

JoY
04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
I don't have a job. my studies don't really allow it. I mean, there are medical students with part-time jobs, but I don't see how they can keep it up next to their social life. I'll do some serious money-making later, but for now I'll have to settle with what the government & my parents give me.

my week: normally, if I'm being a good girl, I go to uni every weekday. on monday evenings I have bandpractice & a standard date with friends at a bar. on tuesday my boyfriend & I often cook for our roommates & we all just relax in front of the telly. I like tuesdays. tonight we're going to have dinner at an old roommate of ours, so that's awesome. every wednesday we drink with ten sorority-/fraternity-groups at the studentclub till four in the morning. thursdays are mostly as easy going as tuesdays, but lately all my hospital appointments are on thursdays, so I'm not digging them so much. plus I'm almost always hungover from wednesday evening/night on thursdays, so that ain't much fun either. on friday I hardly ever go to uni, my boyfriend goes to his parents' property to hunt & that means I'm mostly alone for the rest of the weekend in Amsterdam, unless I go to my parents too. I hate being alone, but I hardly ever take the effort to make the two hour-trip to my parents, so I'm quite often alone in weekends.

I will soon give four concerts (in June), of which three with my band. that pays rather well & it's extremely fun at the same time. so I guess I do make some money, but it's just enough for a pair of pants & a good night out. I couldn't pay my bills with it.

Tizzalicious
04-26-2005, 05:39 AM
I don't work or go to uni//collge cuz of my migraines...I get disability allowance (if that's what it's called in English...I think it is, someone help me out here, I keep calling it that, but I'm not sure if it's right...), but I do study at home, to be a translator (English - Dutch and the other way around). On weekends I like to hang out with friends, go to concerts, stuff like that. I also love to go shopping. Not just on weekends though...on weekdays is better :p

JoY
04-26-2005, 05:42 AM
shopping is très fantastique. yay!

Tizzalicious
04-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Oh yes :p

Even if you buy nothing, or just tiny little things, it's nice to do! :D

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 05:53 AM
I get disability allowance (if that's what it's called in English...I think it is, someone help me out here,

I think thats right yeah.

Tizzalicious
04-26-2005, 05:56 AM
I think thats right yeah.

k thanks! And would it be called DA too? Or would no one know what I was talking about then?

sk8ter-hater
04-26-2005, 06:00 AM
I'm a little kid, godamnit, I live at my parent's house, and I go to school. I want to be older damnit, but just for a few hours.

JoY
04-26-2005, 06:06 AM
uhh, I had a job when I still lived with my parents.. I got fired, but still. many people have part-time jobs, while still living with their parents. in school you certainly still have the time.

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 07:40 AM
Definitely. I still live at home (I'm 17) and I work, but I do have to pay my parents some money each month.

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Tonight I find out if I've been accepted to Vassar College, and if so, I'll be moving and living on campus next August.

Right now though, I attend a community college in downtoan Manhattan. I take full time classes in the morning almost every day there, and work as a tutor/teacher's assistant in the evenings there every weeknight. I spend almost all my time there, because my schedule forces me to spend about 10 hours in that building each weekday. Between my classes and the ones I teach, however, I often head to the computer lab and get a lot of work done, so the updside is that I hardly do any studies at home and get to relax when I'm here for the most part.

My job is usually just a professor and I going back and forth teaching things to the class. How to construct strong, careful arguments, essay structure, mostly basic things. It's a lot of fun. I also do private tutoring at no extra charge (I'm not allowed to charge extra anyway), though the students usually slide me some money under the table anyway for that.

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a pretty busy life you lead. So how much time do you get [on average] to relax each day/per week?

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2005, 08:21 AM
It's insanely busy, and I'm also in a serious relationship, so that adds a bunch to it.

I usually get to relax for a few hours every evening, so I'm actually kind of lucky. I get home late, and when I do I usually come on here or watch ESPN for about an hour or so until I pass out. It doesn't seem like much, but it actually helps a LOT.

Mentally_Challenged
04-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Grrr.
Have to wait 'till i'm 14 to at least get a saturday job... :(

*Dreams of money*

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
It's insanely busy, and I'm also in a serious relationship, so that adds a bunch to it.

I usually get to relax for a few hours every evening, so I'm actually kind of lucky. I get home late, and when I do I usually come on here or watch ESPN for about an hour or so until I pass out. It doesn't seem like much, but it actually helps a LOT.

Jeez, I don't know how you manage to fit all that in, especially with you being in a serious relationship. I dunno whether I could do it. Give yourself a pat on the back. :cool:

Mota Boy
04-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Tonight I find out if I've been accepted to Vassar College, and if so, I'll be moving and living on campus next August.
Good luck. One of my really good friends goes to Vassar. He didn't like it for a while, but that was around the time that he was constantly stoned. Now that he's back to smoking only every other day or so, he's more optomistic.

I work at a bank for the time being in a city I'd never been to before I moved here. The pay is low but the hours are nice now that I'm used to waking up 'round seven or eight. Oh yeah, and on some days my job is as boring as purgatory.

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Jeez, I don't know how you manage to fit all that in, especially with you being in a serious relationship. I dunno whether I could do it. Give yourself a pat on the back. :cool:

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. It is still very difficult, but you'd be surprised at how well you adjust to situations like these when you just know that it's what you have to do. Know what I mean?

Good luck. One of my really good friends goes to Vassar. He didn't like it for a while, but that was around the time that he was constantly stoned. Now that he's back to smoking only every other day or so, he's more optomistic.
Thanks. I'm glad your friend has adjusted and hopefully enjoys it now. Either way, the education is great, so even if he isn't totally happy, it might all work out on the job market. It all depends on a bunch of factors, including whether that's even important to him or not, of course, but that's a potential brightside.

Tired_Of_You
04-26-2005, 01:03 PM
I go to school. I'm in secondary 5, which means the next 29 days are the last high school days for me. Yay! In August, I'll begin CEGEP (it's a little like a college between high school and university). I don't work, but I'll send my CV in some places next weekend. Wish me luck.

Jimbob2005
04-26-2005, 01:05 PM
I am currently doing my AS Levels with exams on the way soon

I will do my A2 Levels next year, then go uni. Can't wait for that!