PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like the Prez

quietimeating
04-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Do you like the prez?

Aimeht
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM
No, because I've never heard of them/it. What is it?

notoriousdoc
04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
In a world without leaders
Who'd start all the wars?
The world that your saving
Will always be yours

Kill the President
Voice the reason
Unify that single line
Stop the man with the power
Of the goverment
A leader's not the center
Of democracy

Who'd make people starve?
The world that we're saving
Will always be ours

Everyone says
Well maybe I'll make a difference
Thinking they've got plenty of time
But you're squezed
A little tighter everyday
Punished before you commit a crime

Will always be yours

Kill the President
Voice the reason
Unify that single line
Of the goverment
Of democracy

America
All of your enemies
Come from within
But you lash out so
It is seen
Like some frightened child
In an angry world
Or the fall of Rome
Your demise comes
From your own hands

Will always be yours

We might have a chance
But we'll never see it
As long as there's
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President Now

0r4ng3
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
No, because I've never heard of them/it. What is it?
are you being sarcastic? if not, the poll is do you like the president

Arcterus
04-26-2005, 08:20 PM
I fucking hate him. I'd like him to rot in hell and have his legs eaten off by his own dog, but unfortunately, I'm not sure how I'll accomplish that without getting shot by the secret service.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2005, 08:47 PM
As a person, don't know. As a President, from what I've heard, no, not really. I'm not at all keen on his mixing of Church and State, especially as he's fairly conservative. But I'm by no means an authority.

Rye
04-26-2005, 10:33 PM
He goes to church just for show. I can't stand that. Church is invading American State.

By the way, how hard is it to write 'president'?

wheelchairman
04-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I like George Bush, he is the strong leader that America needs.

On a side note, quoting the offspring song 'Kill the President' as a reply to a political question, is one of the more stupid actions done on this board, notoriousdoc, go away.

WebDudette
04-26-2005, 11:29 PM
i voted no and jesus man is it that hardto type out president its only 9 letters long

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
President Bush is a good president, not one of our all time great ones, but he's levels above John Kerry. And lets not forget the numero uno political jackass, John Edwards... ugh...

Hyper nova
04-27-2005, 12:07 PM
if were talking prez=president

President of where. You all assume America. Like America is the only country with a president or somthing.

Plus on the topic why does the WORLD Series only include teams From America

wheelchairman
04-27-2005, 02:46 PM
President Bush is a good president, not one of our all time great ones, but he's levels above John Kerry. And lets not forget the numero uno political jackass, John Edwards... ugh...
The problem is, John Kerry and John Edwards were never presidents. So what are you going on about?

wheelchairman
04-27-2005, 02:48 PM
if were talking prez=president

President of where. You all assume America. Like America is the only country with a president or somthing.

Because America is the only country with a president. You see, you weren't here when we all discussed the Presidency of Lukashenko of Belarus, and the recent news about the Presidency of the Moldavian Transnistrian Republic.

It's because, no one gives a fuck about the interior politics of countries that don't truly move the world.

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
The problem is, John Kerry and John Edwards were never presidents. So what are you going on about?

I meant hypothetical, like if they were to win the election.

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM

Baseball is AMERICA'S favorite pastime. Not yours! :p

wheelchairman
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
I meant hypothetical, like if they were to win the election.
Right, cause you can predict the future. It would be very hard to be worse than Bush has been for the American economy, people, and world.

Hyper nova
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Baseball is AMERICA'S favorite pastime. Not yours! :p

So why isnt it The "American" Series, WORLD Means the WHOLE World not just one country. Thats the problem with americans, you think america is the world and thats my point and you've just proven it with that statement.
And thats why less than only 10% of americans have valid passports.

When There is a Football (soccor) (Britains favourite past time) World Cup (Club or country) The Whole World takes part.

Most Americans Just see the rest of the world as insignificant people there to do what they want with. Hence the war on iraq.

BTW I like baseball.

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Right, cause you can predict the future. It would be very hard to be worse than Bush has been for the American economy, people, and world.

If we begin to go in one direction, then stop and turn around, we will never get anything done. With Bush, at least we're getting SOMETHING done...

The real reason I rooted for Bush was because john edwards is such a dipshit. He's such a stuck up asshole I wouldent be surprised if he lowered security in high-threat areas just for the pleasure of uprooting Bush's policies. Kerry would probably be stupid enough to agree.

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
So why isnt it The "American" Series, WORLD Means the WHOLE World not just one country. Thats the problem with americans, you think america is the world and thats my point and you've just proven it with that statement.
And thats why less than only 10% of americans have valid passports.

When There is a Football (soccor) (Britains favourite past time) World Cup (Club or country) The Whole World takes part.

Most Americans Just see the rest of the world as insignificant people there to do what they want with. Hence the war on iraq.

BTW I like baseball.

Shut up, inferior human! :mad:

But really, can't you take a joke? And don't go lumping us all together. The war in Iraq is supported in the US because of misleading media information. It's probably called the 'world' series because it sounds better than the 'American' series or something lame like that.

wheelchairman
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
If we begin to go in one direction, then stop and turn around, we will never get anything done. With Bush, at least we're getting SOMETHING done...

The real reason I rooted for Bush was because john edwards is such a dipshit. He's such a stuck up asshole I wouldent be surprised if he lowered security in high-threat areas just for the pleasure of uprooting Bush's policies. Kerry would probably be stupid enough to agree.
I can't believe you were simple enough to swallow the pill from the Republican Propaganda Machine? So Kerry changed his mind a few times, Bush has done the same thing. (not to mention, abandon all his campaign promises from the previous years.)

You might find a person to be a stuck-up asshole (again, this is only your impression from the media, which is useless,) however, isn't it more important whether or not a person gets results?

Besides, isn't Bush more stuck-up? I mean honestly, he sat there said 'here we have the haves, and the have-mores, you people are my base'. What on Earth makes you think he's working for the average American?

On a security note, Bush has made the world far more dangerous for Americans. Any expert on terrorism will tell you that, the Department of Homeland Security is a joke.

Hyper nova
04-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Shut up, inferior human! :mad:

Thanks for contunually proving my point. Calling me inferior just shows what the average american thinks of people from other countries.

Oh Wheres the joke i dont see one.

Oh and to clarify i wasn't lumping you all together just Generalising what most think. Including you.

By the way I know loads of americans (mostly cause they have traveled to other countries and actually understand them) who dont think that way. My Mother is one of them and therefore Technically I am as well. Its just that they are in teh minority cause they are only part of thet 10% with valid passports.

So many times I here the USA being refered to as the "World" Thats a joke.

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for contunually proving my point. Calling me inferior just shows what the average american thinks of people from other countries.

Oh Wheres the joke i dont see one.

Oh and to clarify i wasn't lumping you all together just Generalising what most think. Including you.

By the way I know loads of americans (mostly cause they have traveled to other countries and actually understand them) who dont think that way. My Mother is one of them and therefore Technically I am as well. Its just that they are in teh minority cause they are only part of thet 10% with valid passports.

So many times I here the USA being refered to as the "World" Thats a joke.

I don't know where you live, but here in america we have a thing called 'sarcasm'. 'Loads' of americans certainly doesen't mean all of them, and that is not what I think. I am completley indifferent about people from my own country and people from other countries. Whiny little bitches like YOU, however, I find somewhat repulsive. And don't go calling me an 'American Supremecist' or whatever the hell you wanna call me, because it's not your country I find to be asinine, it's you.

Hyper nova
04-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Fine fare enough. i just didn't notice the sarcasic tone. maybe you need to be a little more obvious next time. But seems to me like you just can't debate things properly instead you start calling people names like Inferiour and bitches. And im not whining im just pointing out an opinion that lots of people have and that is that America in general think it's self superior or is 'the world' ofcoures this isnt everyone.
oh and if you looked past your nose for one second you will see where im from.

And Do i sence anger in your words (see i know sarcasm), glad im getting to you ;)

Revolver-2005?
04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
I dont like the president because hes to religous for my liking...too conservative...too stupid...hes ruined the economy and only gets money for the rich..i dont like him at all

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Fine fare enough. i just didn't notice the sarcasic tone. maybe you need to be a little more obvious next time. But seems to me like you just can't debate things properly instead you start calling people names like Inferiour and bitches. And im not whining im just pointing out an opinion that lots of people have and that is that America in general think it's self superior or is 'the world' ofcoures this isnt everyone.
oh and if you looked past your nose for one second you will see where im from.

And Do i sence anger in your words (see i know sarcasm), glad im getting to you ;)

Since when was this a debate? If I want to engage in a halfway intelligent debate, it will be far away from these forums. This started with a sarcastic joke from me, simple as that. You are from the UK (obviously), but I didn't point it out specifically for certain reasons.

KappaWing
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I can't believe you were simple enough to swallow the pill from the Republican Propaganda Machine? So Kerry changed his mind a few times, Bush has done the same thing. (not to mention, abandon all his campaign promises from the previous years.)

When I mentioned that, I wasen't referring to Kerry's flip-flop thing, (and I don't hold that against him), I always root for the one who is already in power. Change and transition waste time and resources, mainly money.

You might find a person to be a stuck-up asshole (again, this is only your impression from the media, which is useless,) however, isn't it more important whether or not a person gets results?

Did you see the vice presidential debate? There is no argument that he isn't a stuck up asshole. This person's attitude usually becomes his governing style. He will support things that benefit who? Himself of course! I did not get this from the media. It is pure conjecture on my part.

Besides, isn't Bush more stuck-up? I mean honestly, he sat there said 'here we have the haves, and the have-mores, you people are my base'. What on Earth makes you think he's working for the average American?

Bush has proven that his arrogance does not carry over in his governing style. Don't give me that "but bush cut taxes for the rich" retort, as it is part of his (misguided) plan to improve the economy. Dont get me wrong... I don't support this plan, but personal benefits were not his intentions.

On a security note, Bush has made the world far more dangerous for Americans. Any expert on terrorism will tell you that, the Department of Homeland Security is a joke.

Experts on terrorism? So tell me, what party are these 'experts' connected to? I'm sure democrats would pay an awful large sum of money to sway their words...

All that aside, I believe it is YOU who are swallowing the propaganda pills, especially the ones that Micheal Moore is handing out.

SkunkIt
04-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Bush is a cunt.

wheelchairman
04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
When I mentioned that, I wasen't referring to Kerry's flip-flop thing, (and I don't hold that against him), I always root for the one who is already in power. Change and transition waste time and resources, mainly money.

oh wow, it's good to see that you are against democracy, and the people's right to choose.

Did you see the vice presidential debate? There is no argument that he isn't a stuck up asshole. This person's attitude usually becomes his governing style. He will support things that benefit who? Himself of course! I did not get this from the media. It is pure conjecture on my part.
Nothing is pure conjecture on your part. Unless you live with the guy. Otherwise everything you see on tv, is clipped, edited, lighted, and re-produced in a very particular way.

Bush has proven that his arrogance does not carry over in his governing style. Don't give me that "but bush cut taxes for the rich" retort, as it is part of his (misguided) plan to improve the economy. Dont get me wrong... I don't support this plan, but personal benefits were not his intentions.
Of course his intentions were to make the rich wealthier. That is why they support him. That is why most US economists are going around saying 'hey, debt doesn't matter!'

If he wanted to improve the economy, he could've improved the spending power of the consumer (this kind of logic, got us out of the great depression. hmm would it work?)

Experts on terrorism? So tell me, what party are these 'experts' connected to? I'm sure democrats would pay an awful large sum of money to sway their words...I'm talking about people retired from the FBI you idiot.

All that aside, I believe it is YOU who are swallowing the propaganda pills, especially the ones that Micheal Moore is handing out.
Right, so you have no proof that John Edwards is an ass, except those clips which you saw on tv, Bush is a great, but somewhat misguided leader, and the people can't choose for themselves. And yet, somehow I'm the one who is spouting propaganda when all I've done is offer an opinion that is outside of mainstream political media. ...right.

Not Ozymandias
04-28-2005, 04:24 AM
Experts on terrorism? So tell me, what party are these 'experts' connected to? I'm sure democrats would pay an awful large sum of money to sway their words...
It doesn't matter if the results favor the anti-Bush people, the fact of the matter is the war on terrorism is a miserable, miserable failure. All you have to do is count the bodies. Assuming you know how to count.

BTW, there were liberals before Michael Moore. Just though you'd like to know.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 08:55 AM
oh wow, it's good to see that you are against democracy, and the people's right to choose.

Against democracy? Maybe a little bit, but just because I vote one way does not make me against the people's right to choose. I just would perfer things to stay as they are.

Nothing is pure conjecture on your part. Unless you live with the guy. Otherwise everything you see on tv, is clipped, edited, lighted, and re-produced in a very particular way.

I watched the debate on CBS. If it was edited somehow, it would have been in favor of Edwards.

Of course his intentions were to make the rich wealthier. That is why they support him. That is why most US economists are going around saying 'hey, debt doesn't matter!'

No. Making the rich wealthier is a side effect of his messed up 'economy improvment' plans. It is not his main goal, although he thinks it will somehow improve the economy. He has said this himself on several occasions.

If he wanted to improve the economy, he could've improved the spending power of the consumer (this kind of logic, got us out of the great depression. hmm would it work?)
That is exactly why his plans are misguided.

I'm talking about people retired from the FBI you idiot.
Doesen't matter. Anyone can be bribed.

Right, so you have no proof that John Edwards is an ass, except those clips which you saw on tv, Bush is a great, but somewhat misguided leader, and the people can't choose for themselves. And yet, somehow I'm the one who is spouting propaganda when all I've done is offer an opinion that is outside of mainstream political media. ...right. You have obvously seen and... *gasp* believed Fahrenheit 9/11, therefore, you are a victim of liberal propeganda. The mainstream political media that you refer to is actually liberal biased, and you are the one who has been brainwashed by it. Congratulations.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
It doesn't matter if the results favor the anti-Bush people, the fact of the matter is the war on terrorism is a miserable, miserable failure. All you have to do is count the bodies. Assuming you know how to count.

BTW, there were liberals before Michael Moore. Just though you'd like to know.

If you "count the bodies" as you say, you will find that every war is a failure. Put things in perspective. How many soldiers have died in Iraq? Let's round it up generously to 2000. How many people would Suddam Hussein have executed for opposition to his regime by now? Let's be generous and round it down to 5000. The numbers don't lie. The real question here is quite simply: can you count?

JohnnyNemesis
04-28-2005, 09:07 AM
KappaWing is mind numbingly stupid. I'm scared that I share a country with this kid.

0r4ng3
04-28-2005, 09:08 AM
to kappawing:
http://img102.echo.cx/img102/6202/sealofanger4ia.jpg

i don't even know what were talking about, i just needed an excuse to try out the picture...

wheelchairman
04-28-2005, 09:14 AM
ow ow ow stupidity is hurting my brains. ow.

Against democracy? Maybe a little bit, but just because I vote one way does not make me against the people's right to choose. I just would perfer things to stay as they are.Not a little bit. You dislike political change. That means you prefer dictatorship/despotism in your politics. That, is not democratic.

I watched the debate on CBS. If it was edited somehow, it would have been in favor of Edwards.
Sure pal. You fail to understand my point on how the media works, but whatever, I didn't think you would anyways.

No. Making the rich wealthier is a side effect of his messed up 'economy improvment' plans. It is not his main goal, although he thinks it will somehow improve the economy. He has said this himself on several occasions.
Let's see, he wanted to stop taxing the rich, so that they would have more money, so that they would make more jobs. Making the rich richer, is not a side-effect, it's a direct effect. Furthermore it's only going to increase part-time service-jobs in America, and not create full-time jobs (cause, he is still supporting out-sourcing). This isn't shocking in the least bit. He's done nothing to directly help the poor. If he's too dumb to see this, then he shouldn't be president. But I think he knows this.

Doesen't matter. Anyone can be bribed.
ah right, yes, everyone who disagrees with you, must be bribed. Alright, since you don't take their testimony. Explain to me some things about terrorism.

1. Invading Afghanistan in the war on terror, how did this help? The type of terrorism we are fighting, is culminated in a form of Islam called Wahhabism, this is a 200 year old branch of Islam that preaches 'going back to the roots words of the Prophet' or something. It is the state practice in Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia's local organization is based on this theological practice. The Royal Family of Saudi Arabia supports Wahhabism (while being our ally, very odd behavior, no?), and yet, we invade Afghanistan, which had a few training camps. We didn't capture Osama, nor disrupt much of the daily workings of Al-Qaida (which, any terrorist expert will tell you, is an incredibly loose and decentralized organization, so attacking one country, would only affect that part, of what is a world-wide organization.), now please tell me. In a war on terrorism, why weren't we focusing on an espionage strategy of infiltrating these groups, instead of doing these military actions, that didn't help the average american, (nor the average citizen of these invaded countries.), that didn't stop the practice of terrorism, and yet, still made lucrative business opportunities for several government-connected, business moguls in America. In which Universe, was invading Afghanistan logical?

2.) Iraq, please, tell me Saddam was working with Osama. Because, militant Islam and Ba'athism have been buddies since the Iran-Iraq war. obviously.

You have obvously seen and... *gasp* believed Fahrenheit 9/11, therefore, you are a victim of liberal propeganda. The mainstream political media that you refer to is actually liberal biased, and you are the one who has been brainwashed by it. Congratulations.There is no liberal bias in the American media. Seriously, sit down and watch it, the majority of it is very Pro-Republican. In fact, the one time, there was a liberal bias, it became a huge court-case. All news channels, all news programs, are conservative-oriented in America. Open your eyes for a second. Michael Moore's film, was the only video-voice of dissent in the nation. You'd have to go to grassroots sources to hear the same things. Unless you were a person who reads a bit, but I don't think you are.

Liberal bias? what the fuck?

If you "count the bodies" as you say, you will find that every war is a failure. Put things in perspective. How many soldiers have died in Iraq? Let's round it up generously to 2000. How many people would Suddam Hussein have executed for opposition to his regime by now? Let's be generous and round it down to 5000. The numbers don't lie. The real question here is quite simply: can you count?
That's a stupid comparison. Why don't we compare the number of dead Iraqis under the US occupation, as compared with Saddam? In August I believe the numbers were estimated around 16,000, anyone have any ideas what they would be today? Thank god we got rid of Saddam, so that Iraqis would stop dying, so that they would stop going to prison and being tortured there. We did such a good job there.

I mean the Iraqis love their new government, that is why the Minister of the Interior, and all 20 of his bodygaurds was kidnapped. (think for a second, what it would take to kidnap 20 bodygaurds...)

Kappawing, don't try to match wits with me anymore. I am your superior, in every imagineable way.

wheelchairman
04-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Shit, I just realized that you were born after the first gulf war, why are you even pretending like you know things?

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Not a little bit. You dislike political change. That means you prefer dictatorship/despotism in your politics. That, is not democratic.

Many Republicans "dislike political change". Does that label them all "dictatorship" supporters?

Sure pal. You fail to understand my point on how the media works, but whatever, I didn't think you would anyways.

Umm... Okay...

Let's see, he wanted to stop taxing the rich, so that they would have more money, so that they would make more jobs. Making the rich richer, is not a side-effect, it's a direct effect. Furthermore it's only going to increase part-time service-jobs in America, and not create full-time jobs (cause, he is still supporting out-sourcing). This isn't shocking in the least bit. He's done nothing to directly help the poor. If he's too dumb to see this, then he shouldn't be president. But I think he knows this.

My point was that Bush didn't enact that for the sole benefit of helping himself. Why must I continually repeat myself?

ah right, yes, everyone who disagrees with you, must be bribed. Alright, since you don't take their testimony. Explain to me some things about terrorism.

1. Invading Afghanistan in the war on terror, how did this help? The type of terrorism we are fighting, is culminated in a form of Islam called Wahhabism, this is a 200 year old branch of Islam that preaches 'going back to the roots words of the Prophet' or something. It is the state practice in Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia's local organization is based on this theological practice. The Royal Family of Saudi Arabia supports Wahhabism (while being our ally, very odd behavior, no?), and yet, we invade Afghanistan, which had a few training camps. We didn't capture Osama, nor disrupt much of the daily workings of Al-Qaida (which, any terrorist expert will tell you, is an incredibly loose and decentralized organization, so attacking one country, would only affect that part, of what is a world-wide organization.), now please tell me. In a war on terrorism, why weren't we focusing on an espionage strategy of infiltrating these groups, instead of doing these military actions, that didn't help the average american, (nor the average citizen of these invaded countries.), that didn't stop the practice of terrorism, and yet, still made lucrative business opportunities for several government-connected, business moguls in America. In which Universe, was invading Afghanistan logical?

Yes... Afganistan was a mistake... Iraq is not a mistake...

2.) Iraq, please, tell me Saddam was working with Osama. Because, militant Islam and Ba'athism have been buddies since the Iran-Iraq war. obviously.
There is no liberal bias in the American media. Seriously, sit down and watch it, the majority of it is very Pro-Republican. In fact, the one time, there was a liberal bias, it became a huge court-case. All news channels, all news programs, are conservative-oriented in America. Open your eyes for a second. Michael Moore's film, was the only video-voice of dissent in the nation. You'd have to go to grassroots sources to hear the same things. Unless you were a person who reads a bit, but I don't think you are.

It was a huge court case because CBS flat out lied. If the Republicans did the same thing, the liberals would be on their ass too. Conservative oriented? Ummm... there's fox.... and uhhhh... fox.... yeah. Fox is the only large republican news agency in America... The others are so lightly biased that they can hardly be counted as republican...

I never said Saddam was working with Osama. Don't put words into my mouth.

That's a stupid comparison. Why don't we compare the number of dead Iraqis under the US occupation, as compared with Saddam? In August I believe the numbers were estimated around 16,000, anyone have any ideas what they would be today? Thank god we got rid of Saddam, so that Iraqis would stop dying, so that they would stop going to prison and being tortured there. We did such a good job there.

Yes. More are dead now than they would be otherwise. But years after this is all over, Suddam and his descendants would have just kept killing. Now that we are there, the initial death toll is large, but it hopefully stops when we leave.

I mean the Iraqis love their new government, that is why the Minister of the Interior, and all 20 of his bodygaurds was kidnapped. (think for a second, what it would take to kidnap 20 bodygaurds...)

Indeed they do. If I may, I would like to point out that a higher percentage of Iraqis showed up to their polls than in many places in America during the 2004 election. Obviously, not everyone will like this new system of government. They, being a very small minority band together and do things like that. 1000 or so is insignificant compared to the millions of Iraqis who approve of the new government.

Kappawing, don't try to match wits with me anymore. I am your superior, in every imagineable way.

Haha... I actually laughed at this one...

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 11:03 AM
KappaWing is mind numbingly stupid. I'm scared that I share a country with this kid.

It must be easy to sit on the sidelines, point and laugh. If ignorance is bliss, then I must say, I envy you.

JohnnyNemesis
04-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Don't talk to me about sitting on the sidelines with the kind of shit you've posted in this thread thus far. You've done nothing but regurgitate trite, tired cliches you probably heard whispered through the air somewhere. Things you decided to repeat just because it sounded good. As a result, when it comes to sideline pacing, you and I are one in the same, chief.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Don't talk to me about sitting on the sidelines with the kind of shit you've posted in this thread thus far. You've done nothing but regurgitate trite, tired cliches you probably heard whispered through the air somewhere. Things you decided to repeat just because it sounded good. As a result, when it comes to sideline pacing, you and I are one in the same, chief.

Regurgitated trite? Examples please?

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Since when was this a debate? If I want to engage in a halfway intelligent debate, it will be far away from these forums. This started with a sarcastic joke from me, simple as that. You are from the UK (obviously), but I didn't point it out specifically for certain reasons.

It becabe a debate when i put forward a point and you began to comeback with counter points. If you dont want to do an intelagent debete why are you debating (arguing) with most people here. And if you are saying the baseball bit was sarcastic well im sorry but it wasnt that obvious and i only said why isnt it the American series instead of world series and folowed up with an opinion that most (not all) americans Think the reast of the world and insignificant.

And Im not Sure why you said " I dont know where you are from but" then unless this was also sarcastic.

And i really have no idea why you just go with the current president. If hes good thenm fine if hes bad they why.? Makes no sense as it might cost the country more int the end if a bad president is kept in office.

Didnt bother reading the othe dabates.

JohnnyNemesis
04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Regurgitated trite? Examples please?

Fair enough, but let it be known that I probably won't return to this thread, as I've had these debates far too often over the past few years, and I find them utterly useless at this point. If you choose to take that as some kind of victory in our little dispute, then please, by all means, enjoy it for all its worth. I'll even support that decision if you choose it, rooting from over here. To indulge your request for regurgitated trite examples though:

The numbers don't lie.

The mainstream political media that you refer to is actually liberal biased

Anyone can be bribed.

If we begin to go in one direction, then stop and turn around, we will never get anything done.
Take care now.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Fair enough, but let it be known that I probably won't return to this thread, as I've had these debates far too often over the past few years, and I find them utterly useless at this point. If you choose to take that as some kind of victory in our little dispute, then please, by all means, enjoy it for all its worth. I'll even support that decision if you choose it, rooting from over here. To indulge your request for regurgitated trite examples though:

I am merely stating my opinion using expressions and idioms that you are familliar with. Just because other people share my opinion does not make my opinion regurgitated trife. And an FYI, I certainly do not consider this a victory.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM
It becabe a debate when i put forward a point and you began to comeback with counter points. If you dont want to do an intelagent debete why are you debating (arguing) with most people here. And if you are saying the baseball bit was sarcastic well im sorry but it wasnt that obvious and i only said why isnt it the American series instead of world series and folowed up with an opinion that most (not all) americans Think the reast of the world and insignificant.

My sarcasm was taken on your part as a serious comment. A simple misunderstanding then.

And Im not Sure why you said " I dont know where you are from but" then unless this was also sarcastic.

I have learned from several experiences in the past that it's not good to mention names of countries on forums, lest I be deemed a racist. (Rediculous, I know, but it has happened)

And i really have no idea why you just go with the current president. If hes good thenm fine if hes bad they why.? Makes no sense as it might cost the country more int the end if a bad president is kept in office.

IMO, He is a mediocre president. Not bad enough to be kicked out, however. I've said this before, but transitions cost resources, mainly time and money. I would only root for the challenger if the current president's idiocy would outweigh the transition cost. In this case, the transition cost is heavier, but not by much.

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 11:40 AM
No offence to Kappawing but the more i read the more i see that you he is spouting Bull Shit that is contridictory.

on one hand he doent like change and kind of against democracy. But on the other hand he says hes agaisnt Dictatorships. Make your mind up.

He says he votes for Bush yet he thinKs his policies are misguided.

He Said that change causes the economy to faulter yet he says that bushes misguided polcies are causing the economy to faulter as well.

Finally he says he isnt debating seriously but what is this thread if it isnt a debate, A Diesil Locomotive??
:p

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 11:50 AM
No offence to Kappawing but the more i read the more i see that you he is spouting Bull Shit that is contridictory.

on one hand he doent like change and kind of against democracy. But on the other hand he says hes agaisnt Dictatorships. Make your mind up.

Wow, that was a dumb statment.
There are more forms of government than democracy and dictorahip. Even you should know that.

He says he votes for Bush yet he thinKs his policies are misguided.

Congratulations! You've completley missed my point!

He Said that change causes the economy to faulter yet he says that bushes misguided polcies are causing the economy to faulter as well.

Change Loss > Bush Loss

Finally he says he isnt debating seriously but what is this thread if it isnt a debate, A Diesil Locomotive??

Indeed it is. ;)

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow, that was a dumb statment.
There are more forms of government than democracy and dictorahip. Even you should know that.

Err i know that They are in fact the two opposite ones so you cant be against both unless you want a fundamentalist or communist which I dont thing thats what you meant

Congratulations! You've completley missed my point!

What the point that you don't have your a mind of your own and just follow the majority everytime (oh yer following the majority some of the time is not nessicerily bad) err no i thinK i get the point and that you are opposed to change

Change Loss > Bush Loss

How do you know? Figures please. Anyway you forget if the other guy got in he/she might actually improve things so the loss +improvement might out way the bush loss.

And i hope you enjoying your train ride. Not to bumpy i hope.

OBC Th3Nephilim
04-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Will always be yours

Kill the President
Voice the reason
Unify that single line
Of the goverment
Of democracy

Who'd make people starve?
The world that we're saving
Will always be ours

Everyone says
Well maybe I'll make a difference
Thinking they've got plenty of time
But you're squezed
A little tighter everyday
Punished before you commit a crime

Will always be yours

Kill the President
Voice the reason
Unify that single line
Of the goverment
Of democracy

America
All of your enemies
Come from within
But you lash out so
It is seen
Like some frightened child
In an angry world
Or the fall of Rome
Your demise comes
From your own hands

Will always be yours

We might have a chance
But we'll never see it
As long as there's
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President
Kill the President Now
Your the only cool person that is THE BEST SONg EVER!!!!

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Err i know that They are in fact the two opposite ones so you cant be against both unless you want a fundamentalist or communist which I dont thing thats what you meant

That's like saying I'm not catholic so I must be a satanist. Your logic is flawed.

What the point that you don't have your a mind of your own and just follow the majority everytime (oh yer following the majority some of the time is not nessicerily bad) err no i thing i get the point and are opposed to change

Incorrect. I am part of very many minorities, and my disposition towards majorities is usually quite cynical. I just happen to be with the majority this time. I'm certianly not a right-wing conservative... I hold liberal viewpoints on most of today's social issues. Especially seperation of church and state, which I strongly support.

How do you know? Figures please. Anyway you forget if the other guy got in he/she might actually improve things so the loss +improvement might out way the bush loss.

And i hope you enjoying your train ride. Not to bumpy i hope.

I wasn't impressed with Kerry or Edwards at all, and although they may be a better choice than Bush, the transition is simply not worth it.

(Change Loss - Improvement) > (Current Loss)

I don't have hard figures, but this logical assumption makes things quite obvious.

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Err i cant bebotherd with this any longer.

So im only gunna say this

You are starting to make as much sense as a Japanese VCR insruction Manual

You can take it as a victory if you like cause i dont care anymore.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Err i cant bebotherd with this any longer.

So im only gunna say this

You are starting to make as much sense as a Japanese VCR insruction Manual

You can take it as a victory if you like cause i dont care anymore.

It has become quite appearant to me that you have run out of arguments and are too much of a coward to admit defeat. But that's okay, I never expected that from you in the first place.

notoriousdoctor
04-28-2005, 12:57 PM
bush is shit...

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I have not run out of arguements so here we go.

That's like saying I'm not catholic so I must be a satanist. Your logic is flawed.

Not so I was saying you contradict yourself by saying you dont like Democoracy but you dont like dictatorship hence you must like communism or fundalmentallism but since it sounded as though thats not what you mean i can only assume you are contradicting your self since the things you say are complete opposites

Incorrect. I am part of very many minorities, and my disposition towards majorities is usually quite cynical. I just happen to be with the majority this time. I'm certianly not a right-wing conservative... I hold liberal viewpoints on most of today's social issues. Especially seperation of church and state, which I strongly support.

This is another contatiction If you are a strong liberal why don't you vote for a liberal candidate instead of a Right wing candidate like Bush.

I wasn't impressed with Kerry or Edwards at all, and although they may be a better choice than Bush, the transition is simply not worth it.

(Change Loss - Improvement) > (Current Loss)

I don't have hard figures, but this logical assumption makes things quite obvious.

Err if their were the better choice why not vote for them err i smell a contradiction AGAIN ok they might not have been Great but may have be the lesser of to evils.

And without figues why is it the logical assumption and any way how much would the economy really suffer in the long term. Redistibution of funds may cost like a couple of billion so what that isnt much in the scheme of things I really doubt it would be that damaging.

I Just dont see where such huge losses would occur if the money was spent diffently.

Please stop spouting Contradictory BS and just say that you feel constant changes would cost to much for the country and you voted for Bush for no other reason that to stop the economy suffering even more. This is at least a fair opinion the whole business of saying one thing then saying the complete opposite (on various issuses) is really just making you out like an idiot. Sorry to say this but it does.

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I have not run out of arguements so here we go.

Not so I was saying you contradict your self by saying you dont like Democoracy but you dont like dictatorship hence you must like communism or fundalmentallism but since it sopunded as though thats not what you mean i can only assume you are contradicting your self since the things you say are complete opposites

I don't like black and I don't like white. (complete opposites)... I like blue and yellow. (also complete opposites) Does that answer your question?

This is another contatiction If you are a strong liberal why don't you vote for a liberal candidate instead of a Right wing candidate like bush.

1. Not worth the change

2. I disagreed with Kerry's stance on Iraq. (and many other non-social things)

3. I don't trust Edwards...

Err if their were the better choice why not vote for them err i smell a contradiction AGAIN ok they might not have been Great but may have be the lesser of to evils.

I'm not going to repeat myself again.

And without figues why is it the logical assumption and any way how much would the economy really suffer in the long term. Redistibution of funds may cost like a couple of billion so what that isnt much in the scheme of things I really doubt it would be that damaging.

I Just dont see where such huge losses would occur if the money was spent diffently.

There would be many consequences of our leadership changed ESPECIALLY during this very crucial time...

Kerry will most likely try to undo or destroy whatever Bush had going. This would bog down the Legislative branch, putting an even further delay on bills that are waiting to be passed. This will cost time. And time is money, especially in government. He will most likely withdraw troops from Iraq, which IMO, would be a mistake. A very big mistake, fiscally and otherwise. And as usual, bush will get all the blame. I believe Kerry would make a slightly better president than Bush, but the cost of transition is just not worth it.

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Finally something Sensible at last.

A Clear Explanation of why you voted for Bush. And with out any contradiction.

Still don't Think changing would have cost that much myself. And i dont thing removing troops would be as bad as you make out. Gotta leave the iraqois to it at some point plus leaving troops just adds ammunition for the people who beleve iraq is all about oil.

But well have to agree to disagree

Thanks for the fun debate

I cant aford the time to keep this up sorry

KappaWing
04-28-2005, 03:42 PM
No problem. It was fun for me too.

We should do this more often... :)

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 03:44 PM
No problem. It was fun for me too.

We should do this more often... :)

Yer ok I have space free in a month after my exams so maybe we can arange somthing then

Hyper nova
04-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Britsh politics maybe. Apropriate cause we are going through our elections soon. :D

Unnatural Disaster
04-28-2005, 07:06 PM
So why isnt it The "American" Series

Because not only America takes part in it. there's the Toronto Blue Jays from canada as well.

Not Ozymandias
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
The mainstream political media that you refer to is actually liberal biased
Prove this. I dare you.

Not Ozymandias
04-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm talking about the war on terror, retard, not the number of US soldiers killed. And since it has started terrorism has tripled all over the world.

You know nothing about everything. Kill yourself immediately.

wheelchairman
04-29-2005, 07:10 AM
alright, I'm not going to pick apart your arguments with Hypernova, because I could care less.

Many Republicans "dislike political change". Does that label them all "dictatorship" supporters?
Yes, it means they don't have faith in the will of the masses.

My point was that Bush didn't enact that for the sole benefit of helping himself. Why must I continually repeat myself?
Gee....because you don't back up your points with any sort of evidence at all?

It was a huge court case because CBS flat out lied. If the Republicans did the same thing, the liberals would be on their ass too. Conservative oriented? Ummm... there's fox.... and uhhhh... fox.... yeah. Fox is the only large republican news agency in America... The others are so lightly biased that they can hardly be counted as republican...Fox News, MSNBC, ABC, I believe it's over 60% of the radio stations in the US that are owned by Rupert Murdoch (owner of Fox News AND CNN).

Yes. More are dead now than they would be otherwise. But years after this is all over, Suddam and his descendants would have just kept killing. Now that we are there, the initial death toll is large, but it hopefully stops when we leave.
There's no proof of this, Saddam didn't have the ability to kill thousands of people, he hadn't done that since 1991 (with the weapons we gave him, and with our permission. But that's a little known fact, unfortunately.)

Indeed they do. If I may, I would like to point out that a higher percentage of Iraqis showed up to their polls than in many places in America during the 2004 election. Obviously, not everyone will like this new system of government. They, being a very small minority band together and do things like that. 1000 or so is insignificant compared to the millions of Iraqis who approve of the new government.
One of the greatest ironies of the Iraqi election, is that the video footage used by CNN, was of the recent election in Jordan, not Iraq. I don't know how you can say more Iraqis voted than Americans, the Sunni muslim population didn't, and I believe they constitute 40% of the population. 4 regions in Iraq were to violent to have elections and these 4 regions I think had 40% of the population as well. I would say it's a lot less, which isn't surprising, who's going to have faith in an American-approved government?

KappaWing
04-29-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm talking about the war on terror, retard, not the number of US soldiers killed. And since it has started terrorism has tripled all over the world.

Then please further specify your arguments next time.

You know nothing about everything. Kill yourself immediately.

yes....

wheelchairman
04-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Then please further specify your arguments next time.

yes....
It was painfully obvious to everyone but you. The responsibility to understand, lies in your hands, not his. You made your statement, trying to think of a quick way to sound smart, and you failed. Had you actually thought about what you said, that never would've happened. Although, I would doubt you think a lot before you say anything.

KappaWing
04-29-2005, 08:31 AM
It was painfully obvious to everyone but you. The responsibility to understand, lies in your hands, not his. You made your statement, trying to think of a quick way to sound smart, and you failed. Had you actually thought about what you said, that never would've happened. Although, I would doubt you think a lot before you say anything.

That is correct. I admit defeat.

panzor41
04-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I like Bush.

The pussy not the president.......

sorry if this post affends anyone

KappaWing
04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I like Bush.

The pussy not the president.......

sorry if this post affends anyone

Really? I like it shaved.

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Because not only America takes part in it. there's the Toronto Blue Jays from canada as well.

Oh La dee da 2 countries (still for from the "World") and anyway Canada is Part of North America is it not. So the name of "American Series" would not be technically Wrong

panzor41
04-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Really? I like it shaved.

lol ya me too

wheelchairman
04-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Neither have you have had pussy, shaved or otherwise, so how can you possibly state a preference?

panzor41
04-30-2005, 11:24 AM
good point^ I'm still a freshman.................give me a year.....or so.

:)

KappaWing
04-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Neither have you have had pussy, shaved or otherwise, so how can you possibly state a preference?

No, but you forgot porn. :)

panzor41
04-30-2005, 01:52 PM
yes....so i do have experience^lol

Amanda
04-30-2005, 01:59 PM
I hate him. Most of my reasons have already been stated here in other posts, so i'll just leave it at that.

panzor41
04-30-2005, 02:44 PM
^ Its Cool to hate....

brothadave79
05-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh La dee da 2 countries (still for from the "World") and anyway Canada is Part of North America is it not. So the name of "American Series" would not be technically Wrong

Technically, there are players from all over the world who compete in Major League Baseball. There are many players from Latin America and even so far away as Japan. So, really, many countries are represented by players and many of them are vocal about and proud of where they originate from. And when the World Series started, pretty much America was the only very popular place for baseball. That's why we had the league. It wouldn't have mattered what it was called, because Americans at that time still would have been the world champions if people elsewhere weren't competing on the same level. It's too late to change the name.

In closing, I hate baseball.

undesiredhope17
05-06-2005, 11:35 PM
religious right conservatives tend to have no appeal to me, enough said!

lost_nvrfound
05-09-2005, 05:42 PM
but think about it... how many ppl (innocent lives included) have the iraqi ppl lost... more than hussein would have killed...

also all these stupid fucking arguments over shit that can't be changed at the moment are pointless... yes every1 has differing opinions on bush... i personally find him to be a blundering buffoon... but who cares!

and... as a side note... i'm sure that they called it the world series because teams from across the globe can compete... its just that no one has :)

lost_nvrfound
05-09-2005, 05:51 PM
There's no proof of this, Saddam didn't have the ability to kill thousands of people, he hadn't done that since 1991 (with the weapons we gave him, and with our permission. But that's a little known fact, unfortunately.)
i agree... saddam didn't need to kill thousands of ppl... he had complete control...the only ppl he would kill would be the ones associating themselves with terrorist organizations... he worked very hard to keep that bs out of his country...

furthermore... there will probably be some asshole who rises up, when some1 finaly calls our men home, and works to acheive complete control just like saddam had, killing thousands of ppl all the while

KappaWing
05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
but think about it... how many ppl (innocent lives included) have the iraqi ppl lost... more than hussein would have killed...

You absolutley sure about that? Maybe more have died by now than Hussein would have killed, but what about Heussein's descendants? and their descendants? It is highly unlikely that the nature of the government would have changed as long as the Heusseins remain in power, but that is moot point now. It would be a good idea to now focus on eliminating the terrorists and insurgents that Bush's takeover has caused. The new govt. is functioning quite well so far, given the circumstances and the magnitude of the resistance. I don't think any opinion on Bush is valid until he has finished what he has started. So far, it doesen't look good, but I think he can pull it off.

pulse
05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I think he's OK. I don't like him mixing church and state, but other than that I think he's doing ok. So I guess I like the 'prez'.

wheelchairman
05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
You absolutley sure about that? Maybe more have died by now than Hussein would have killed, but what about Heussein's descendants? and their descendants? It is highly unlikely that the nature of the government would have changed as long as the Heusseins remain in power, but that is moot point now. It would be a good idea to now focus on eliminating the terrorists and insurgents that Bush's takeover has caused. The new govt. is functioning quite well so far, given the circumstances and the magnitude of the resistance. I don't think any opinion on Bush is valid until he has finished what he has started. So far, it doesen't look good, but I think he can pull it off.
What is relevent about Hussein's descendents? And what do you know of the nature of the Ba'athist government? Close to nothing I'm guessing.

The new Government is simply not functioning.

Gutterboy
05-10-2005, 01:54 PM
im republican but not a right -wing nut.

i support president bush. i know A LOT on here dont and i can see why. but i think the world is a better place with saddam out of power. if you want peace get ready for war, thats what i say.

true, the war is dragging on much longer than i thought(my brother actually is going to iraq in the summer, so im gonna pray every night that hes ok) but i still support it very much.

wheelchairman
05-10-2005, 02:12 PM
im republican but not a right -wing nut.

i support president bush. i know A LOT on here dont and i can see why. but i think the world is a better place with saddam out of power. if you want peace get ready for war, thats what i say.

true, the war is dragging on much longer than i thought(my brother actually is going to iraq in the summer, so im gonna pray every night that hes ok) but i still support it very much.
You are a right-wing nut.

How is the world a better place? We're basically doing more damage than Saddam ever could. Not to mention the destruction of every great institution of American democracy, and mutilation of the economy as well.

I honestly, can't see how anyone with eyes, can support Bush. I mean, you can be a republican and all, that's not unusual among Americans, but jesus christ, take a drive by the crappy part of town, it's definitely gotten crappier in the past 5 years, no?

Gutterboy
05-10-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah becuase somebody who gases their his own people, is ,you know , a really good leader.

im not gonna get into a political discussion on here. i come here to post about the offspring, not bitch about the war and bush. the only reason i posted here is to vote for bush, again.

btw a right wing nut is a conservitive, which i am not. there's a differnce betwen republican and conservitive, much like the differnce between democrat and liberal. i dont like being called a right wing nut. you dont support the war, but yet im not calling you a left wing hippie, am i? i respect your opinion.

and i do drive by pretty shady towns, and i do feel bad for some who live there, becuase they work hard just like most people in america. but those towns have been getting worse for the last 10 years. i could but the blame on CLITon just has much has you could on bush.

wheelchairman
05-10-2005, 04:20 PM
yeah becuase somebody who gases their his own people, is ,you know , a really good leader.

im not gonna get into a political discussion on here. i come here to post about the offspring, not bitch about the war and bush. the only reason i posted here is to vote for bush, again.

btw a right wing nut is a conservitive, which i am not. there's a differnce betwen republican and conservitive, much like the differnce between democrat and liberal. i dont like being called a right wing nut. you dont support the war, but yet im not calling you a left wing hippie, am i? i respect your opinion.

and i do drive by pretty shady towns, and i do feel bad for some who live there, becuase they work hard just like most people in america. but those towns have been getting worse for the last 10 years. i could but the blame on CLITon just has much has you could on bush.

Right, as opposed to our leaders there, flattening entire cities for some terrorist who probably wasn't there. (i.e. Fallujah)

If you're going to vote Bush, you're going to have to defend your opinion, or else stop having them.

Right Wing Nut, does not automatically equal conservatism. I've met many sane conservatives, I would say the nutcases are the ones who invade countries for the profit of a minority of people, with a total lack of real military strategy, and a complete misunderstanding of the function of democracy in society. Go ahead, call me a liberal hippy, twould be weird, since I'm not liberal.

haha, right, Clinton is to blame. That is the excuse used by the Bush administration for all their mistakes in the economy. "I didn't do it, it was like that when I got here!". It's odd, how conditions suddenly seemed to got worse under Bush, than Clinton (things weren't great under Clinton, but unemployment was under control, the exportation of jobs was much less, and there was a balanced budget (I study accounting, this is definitely important), as opposed to Bushian economics, where debt doesn't matter.).

I grew up in a shithole, I can tell you, it's become a lot worse under Bush, than Clinton. The amount of abandoned buildings is really heartbraking.

brothadave79
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't understand why so many conservatives think that it's their obligation to support President Bush. I admit that I am a conservative, but I believe I'm a reasonable person. Bush, however, is not. Although he says he is a "conservative" he has managed to rack up an incredible defecit, while his lackeys constantly accuse democrats of being fiscally irresponsible. It is lunacy to continue to cut taxes when such ramapant spending is going on. This is not in any way being fiscally conservative. How can someone oppose welfare programs (calling them a waste of money) which would benefit Americans, only to spend much more public money and lives to finance war abroad?

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe that Saddam Hussein should have been removed from power. But, we had an opportunity to make a powerful case to the world that here was a ruthless despot that needed to be removed from power. Forget the fairy-tales of weapons of mass destruction. We should have been honest. The best way to combat terrorism is to encourage non-oppressive governments in the Middle East. That way, the rest of the world would have been on board and it would have cost us much less while being much more effective.

Conservatives are under no obligation to support a man who has tossed out conservative principles to make room for dogmatic neo-imperialism. We are not being represented by this leader, and I only wish that more conservatives out there could realise the same.

Yatesy
05-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Bush is a bad president, of course I really cannot say much as I live in England, but I have heard the facts against Bush henceforth resulting in a negative opinion. (Oh and sorry if that made no sense at all)

Gutterboy
05-11-2005, 10:46 AM
well agree to disagree i guess.

wheelchairman
05-11-2005, 01:02 PM
well agree to disagree i guess.
No, learn to support your war-criminal in a good way, or don't support him. Don't be a sheep.

Seiraryu
05-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Meh. I was going to read the whole thing, but I stopped short. It really gets to me how the word "America" has been completely altered to mean the United States. Y'know, America is the whole continent. From top to bottom. Not just the States. Not the rest of the continent's fault the Forefathers sucked at coming up with names.

~ Manu.

brothadave79
05-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Not the rest of the continent's fault the Forefathers sucked at coming up with names.

Well, actually the name they came up with was "The United States of America" which pretty much says that that America was the continent the nation was located on. Not their fault at all.

Seiraryu
05-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, actually the name they came up with was "The United States of America" which pretty much says that that America was the continent the nation was located on. Not their fault at all.

Yes, you're right. It's not their fault. It's their successors' fault.

But that's not the point. I never said it was the Forefathers' fault. I just said it wasn't the rest of the continent's fault they couldn't come up with something original. I mean, every other country has its own name.

brothadave79
05-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, you're right. It's not a very original name. But it's too late to change now. "United States" sounds better than plain old "America", anyway. North, South, aren't we all "Americans?" :D

wheelchairman
05-14-2005, 09:00 AM
And I'm thinking, what a ridiculously stupid thing to care about.

Gutterboy
05-14-2005, 09:46 AM
"Don't be a sheep"

well ok then. isnt that something hippies say?

wheelchairman
05-14-2005, 10:36 AM
"Don't be a sheep"

well ok then. isnt that something hippies say?
Isn't that a term rednecks use for people who disagree with them?

RXP
05-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Fucking hippy

Vera
05-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I love it how Gutterboy goes from "I'm not going to call you a hippy, I respect your opinion" to "Isn't that what hippies say?" when he's totally losing his case, 6-0.

Gutterboy
05-15-2005, 12:33 AM
well i guess im losing my case then, dang.

oh well, ill just sit back and enjoy 3 more years of president bush. losers.

i know i have changed my tone in this topic. but when people call me a right wing nut and a redneck, i get just a little offended. i thought you leftys were'nt about stereotyoes and other stuff like that? but to you guys i guess everyone that voted for bush is a redneck? or a sheep?

thats what kills me about u guys. you want EVRYONE to get along for a cause, has long has that cause is something you belive in. fuck you. you are all supposedly pro choice, but when someone chooses something you dont like, you bitch and moan and hold a fucking protest.

ill just stay where i normally stay, just a little right of center.

im done with this thread ive made my point. call me a redneck, even though im not. im just like you, only republican.

wheelchairman
05-15-2005, 06:10 AM
well i guess im losing my case then, dang.

oh well, ill just sit back and enjoy 3 more years of president bush. losers.

i know i have changed my tone in this topic. but when people call me a right wing nut and a redneck, i get just a little offended. i thought you leftys were'nt about stereotyoes and other stuff like that? but to you guys i guess everyone that voted for bush is a redneck? or a sheep?

thats what kills me about u guys. you want EVRYONE to get along for a cause, has long has that cause is something you belive in. fuck you. you are all supposedly pro choice, but when someone chooses something you dont like, you bitch and moan and hold a fucking protest.

ill just stay where i normally stay, just a little right of center.

im done with this thread ive made my point. call me a redneck, even though im not. im just like you, only republican.

We called you a right-wing nut, because you have the same opinions as right-wing nut cases (like a justification for the war in Iraq...)

Anyways, it's our democratic right to hold protests, and to bitch and moan all we like, no matter how much you seem to dislike it. And I only called you a redneck because you called me a hippy (which is something I'd be proud of).

The problem with you, is that you have no opinions of your own. You watch your little tv, and your research doesn't ever seem to go farther than the boundaries programmed for you by the broadcasters of the nation. Open a fucking book for fuck's sake.

Vera
05-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Name-calling doesn't get anyone anywhere in arguments but Gutterboy, you made the mistake of labelling yourself, thus giving our prejudice a chance to arise and since you had no points or no proper justifications as to why you believe in what you believe in, it just made a very poor case and so you started to look like a regular right-wing nut.

And I believe the pro-choice thing still refers mostly to the abortion thing and nothing else.

Lithuanian Offspring
05-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Preservatives? Yeah, well they come in handy from time to time. As far as "Prezs" go some of them are ok but alot of them are dickholes. If you could narrow your "prez" down maybe I could give a more definate answer.