PDA

View Full Version : To X-13

Jake
11-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey Chris!
We met in California at the San Diego show on the Splinter Tour. I was wearing a blue Tshirt and a Hooters hat! Thanks for talking to me and answer my questions. I felt awsome when we got to hang out. And then you and dexter saying hi was awsome. Thanks for that! Anyway i made this post to thank you for letting me hang out with you!
Cya
JAKE

PS : for other people if you think this is pointless or something just dont post saying it cause im just letting higgins know that i want to thank him!

nitropenguin!
11-02-2004, 04:48 PM
I don't think it's pointless... I just have no idea what you said. lol. What exactly happened? Is he a friend of Dex or something?

Jake
11-02-2004, 04:52 PM
NO, i met chris higgins, X13, you the guy that is in the offspring! and at the san diego show, i met him as he was watching the starting band and talked to him and then when the show started he talked to dexter and they pointed to me and i stood on the chair(yea the pit had chairs!!) and waved to them and he said watsup dude and i said you rock! and then they came onstage and the show started!

nitropenguin!
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh I know Higgins but I had no idea his nickname was X-13! Wow I really missed out :p I'm stupid. Sorry about that.

nitropenguin!
11-02-2004, 04:55 PM
NO, i met chris higgins, X13, you the guy that is in the offspring! and at the san diego show, i met him as he was watching the starting band and talked to him and then when the show started he talked to dexter and they pointed to me and i stood on the chair(yea the pit had chairs!!) and waved to them and he said watsup dude and i said you rock! and then they came onstage and the show started!
But that's awesome! Happy for ya, Jake.

Jake
11-02-2004, 04:56 PM
thanks buddy! I died that night!

nitropenguin!
11-02-2004, 05:01 PM
lol some people get all the luck. Constantly meeting people who have all these 'best-night-of-my-life' stories to tell. I haven't gotten mine yet :( *sniff*

Jake
11-02-2004, 05:03 PM
dont worry, having the offspring as your fav band, you will have one of those nights, its gotta happen, they just seem to cheer everyone up and they meet there fans all the time!

nitropenguin!
11-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Hope so :)
It's not going to be easy since I live in Canada, they don't come to many cities here.

Jake
11-02-2004, 05:06 PM
higgins was so nice and when i first said hello he said this:
X13: hey have i met your before?
me: No
X13: o you know me through the internet
me: and your music
X13: kool watsup
me: nothin, i just wanna thank you for your awsome music
X13: thanks, and thanks for listening!
........it goes on for a bit
IT ROCKED!

Offspring_01
11-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Sounds really, really, crazy, amazing and awesome! Jake I wish I was you, lol. I hope my day comes to. Maybe next tour. But yea like Nitropenguin said, they dont come to many cities in Canada, only a few. But I live somewhat close to those cities so im going to go to all of them. (except for BC) and maybe i'll meet X -13 or Dex or Noodles or Greg or Atom. I sure hope so :D

Jake
11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
did you go to the montreal and toronto ones on the Splinter Tour?

Offspring_01
11-02-2004, 06:45 PM
No... I wish I did though. But next year im definetly going to both of them. Did u go to them?

Offspring_01
11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I heard they were amazing

Jake
11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
the tdot on i did and the san diego one, thos are the ones from the splinter tour that i went to.

Tired_Of_You
11-02-2004, 06:51 PM
I heard they were amazing

Yes, they were!

Jake
11-02-2004, 06:55 PM
totally kick ass
i couldnt talk after the show cuz i was singing so loud! i barly could walk cuz i was jumping so high the whole time!

Kitten
11-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Glad you had such a good time. I got to meet them too on the Splinter tour. Actually thanks to Higgins. :D

nitropenguin!
11-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Sounds really, really, crazy, amazing and awesome! Jake I wish I was you, lol. I hope my day comes to. Maybe next tour. But yea like Nitropenguin said, they dont come to many cities in Canada, only a few. But I live somewhat close to those cities so im going to go to all of them. (except for BC) and maybe i'll meet X -13 or Dex or Noodles or Greg or Atom. I sure hope so :D
Hey where are you in Ottawa? I'm in Gloucester.

Jake
11-03-2004, 06:37 PM
wheres that?

offspringbaby2004
11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
totally kick ass
i couldnt talk after the show cuz i was singing so loud! i barly could walk cuz i was jumping so high the whole time!

Heh Heh, the same thing happened to me lol. As soon as the concert was over and I started to walk I almost fell over. Plus my voice was hurting and my ears were ringing for days! I also got bruises all over me because I was being pushed up against the bar in the front.. but it was all worth it. You agree Jake?? :D

~mandy~

Jake
11-03-2004, 08:31 PM
yea!
the security guys let me stand infront of the baricade beside the speaker! my body lost ten pounds just by the vibrations!

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-03-2004, 10:04 PM
the cool thing about the offspring is that they make every fan they talk to feel welcome. not many bands do that.

RobinoZombie
11-04-2004, 02:26 AM
I got to meet Higgins, Atom & donnie after the stockholm show, and i even talked a little with the horrorpops drummer :)
what sucks is that Dex, Noodles and Greg, was sneaky and tricked me and a couple others...so we never got to met them but im glad enough :D

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I remember meeting Higgins. He signed my student card and my shirt. I had the coolest student card that was no longer valid after he signed it.

vintagepunkrock7
11-04-2004, 11:33 PM
can i just say that all you guys suck, lol no just kidding, you guys have really cool concert stories. as i am a fairly new offspring fan i have only been to one concert, when they came to chicago on the splinter tour. i took 2 friends that arent as big of fans as i am and one of them had never been to a concert before (imagine 23 and never been to a concert!!!). so we ended up in chairs on the balcony with me aching to go down to play in the mosh pit alittle and join the crowd in front. one of my friends really enjoyed herself and wants to go with me when i go again but i told her we were going to be on the floor in the crowd in front next time! :D