PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Day

Mota Boy
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm really, really looking forward to new Family Guy episodes. Not because I think Family Guy is a great show - I think it's a pretty good show that's way too overrated. I'm looking forward to it because then everyone will finally begin spewing out new quotes, instead of the same recycled ones I've had to listen to for the past three years.

It's for this same reason that I fear the new season of Chappelle's show - the catchphrases generated by that show burn out quicker but acheive a much higher degree of saturation before they do so. I don't know if I could go through another months-long "Yeah!!!/What?!?!"-like period again without killing a man.

satitania
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
aww i like the quotes

clearly you had a bad childhood or something to be so bitter :p

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I hear ya on the Family Guy section, though I don't know the second show. Though I think Family Guy has quite a timeless quality to it, much like the old Simpsons episodes, I think people seem to use the same quotes all the time.

The short answer being.. yeah. I agree.

Endymion
04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
the new family guy episodes *will* suck ass. sad, but true.

personally, i look forward to new reno 911 w/ paul reubens and new venture bros.

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Couldn't agree with you more, Sir Mota. As much as I enjoy those shows, I hate hate hate hate HATE how those quotes spread, usually by horribly unfunny people.

clearly you had a bad childhood or something to be so bitter

Ironically, this horrendous Oprah inspired "pop-psychology" approach to Mota Boy's statements say a lot about why you like those quotes so much.

satitania
04-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Couldn't agree with you more, Sir Mota. As much as I enjoy those shows, I hate hate hate hate HATE how those quotes spread, usually by horribly unfunny people.

Ironically, this horrendous Oprah inspired "pop-psychology" approach to Mota Boy's statements say a lot about why you like those quotes so much.

oh riighhtt, because i was clearly serious, whats wrong with you dude? Could it be that I have a different taste than you? Could it be as simple as that? Why must you get offensive.

ninth
04-26-2005, 02:37 PM
I absolutely hated when every fucking person in the world and their inbred cousin was saying "I'm Rick James, bitch!" I punched one of my former roommates to the face for saying it continuously.

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2005, 02:38 PM
oh riighhtt, because i was clearly serious, whats wrong with you dude? Could it be that I have a different taste than you? Could it be as simple as that? Why must you get offensive.

I wasn't getting on the offensive. I was expressing how much I hate that approach of yours, whether you were serious with the appraoch or not. If you weren't serious, then why get bent out of shape?

I sure hope not, but unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. :(

satitania
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I wasn't getting on the offensive. I was expressing how much I hate that approach of yours, whether you were serious with the appraoch or not. If you weren't serious, then why get bent out of shape?

I sure hope not, but unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. :(

it seemed pretty judgemental, which i take offensively as i imagine most would. I get "bent out of shape" when someone gets at me for no reason, not because of the subject itself...but for the unfair judgeing

furthermore..anything associated with "pop" is pretty damn offensive, cmon now :p

ninth
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
You're an idiot, pop music is amazing.

HornyPope
04-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah the new episodes will probably suck. I wasn't one bit impressed with American Dad for example.

satitania
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
i am truly humbled, thank ye kind stranger

wheelchairman
04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
What I enjoy most, is that you are the person who sounds most offended. the fuck?

satitania
04-26-2005, 03:01 PM
What I enjoy most, is that you are the person who sounds most offended. the fuck?

yeh sure? i got offended for being judged? its probably the only thing i do get offended by.

glad we cleared that up

and notice how i said "offenSIVE" not "offenDED", where my beef was at..its ok hun..small mistake, we've all been there

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
yeh sure? i got offended for being judged? its probably the only thing i do get offended by.

glad we cleared that up

and notice how i said "offenSIVE" not "offenDED", where my beef was at..its ok hun..small mistake, we've all been there

For being judged? Jees, he didn't judge you. Calm down.

satitania
04-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I AM CALM

:p

wheelchairman
04-26-2005, 03:12 PM

glad we cleared that up

Yeah seriously, calm down there.

And as for judging you, I'm judging you. I find you to be stupid.

satitania
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah seriously, calm down there.

And as for judging you, I'm judging you. I find you to be stupid.

wasnt talking about you judging me, but thats ok, thatll just be your second mistake so far.

wheelchairman
04-26-2005, 03:19 PM
wasnt talking about you judging me, but thats ok, thatll just be your second mistake so far.
Wrong, I don't make mistakes.

ninth
04-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Wrong, I don't make mistakes.
That's true.

Betty
04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
The quotes that annoy me most are those that you have to understand the context to find funny.

I'm not a big show quoting enthusiast... it's alright I suppose... so yeah, I agree.

Mota Boy
04-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Many of my friends have already seen the first new episode. They say it's hilarious.

Oooh, and Venture Brothers... that's another show that my roommate can't stop quoting. And since it's not really a show of one-liners, he has to go into a minute-long speech to set up the context before he kills the joke. I've learned to block him out, but it's really getting to one of my other roommates.