PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam

the_GoDdEsS
04-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Hello to my beloved ones. I canít sleep and I feel as if my head got run over by a truck, as if I were lying comatose in a hospital with the ĎAmsterdamí song on repeat. Itís a 90s thing, sang by a Czech singer. I donít remember whom. So, time for an update.

Iíve moved and my nerves cracked a few times but it got all calmer these days and I love the new house and everything. Final exam at uni in three weeks. Last week I got this offer from KiRi whom I worked for last summer to come to Berlin and interpret at a European meet-up of kids/young people. Iím pretty excited about seeing the city again, the people I worked with and actually getting to speak three languages 24/7 and actually get paid (omg, or Śmg because itís t3h secret Danglish conspiracy) for it. It came right out of the blue. Now I just have to organize a Slovak group so wish me luck.

Now, to the point. Itís between June 26th and July 10th. I thought our meet-up was between the 10th and 14th but Iza says itís the 9th already. Just making sure. No problem, I can run off Berlin a day or two earlier if necessary. And it would be even cooler and probably cheaper to travel to Amsterdam from Berlin.

Iím so looking forward to the whole thing that I can assure you 95% at this point that Iíll attend to hug you all! To go into details my bus home only goes on Fridays (which is the 15th so thatís when Iíll prolly be leaving).

Love,
Simness

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Well, first, second and third off, welcome back to the BBS (you were missed), and congratulations on your move and your uni completion!
Sounds like a really swell job there. I'd wish you luck if I thought you actually needed it, but I think you'll be fine. Are you excited? What else will you be doing there?

I wish I could meet up with all of you nice folks in Amsterdam. You'll all have to double up on the hugs to make up for my absence, y'know.

Camilamazed
04-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, first, second and third off, welcome back to the BBS (you were missed), and congratulations on your move and your uni completion!
Sounds like a really swell job there. I'd wish you luck if I thought you actually needed it, but I think you'll be fine. Are you excited? What else will you be doing there?

I wish I could meet up with all of you nice folks in Amsterdam. You'll all have to double up on the hugs to make up for my absence, y'know.

I second that :D

the_GoDdEsS
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Riiick! *bounces* Thank you, mister. And oh it's just a two weeks thing, we sort of co-operate even if I officially don't work there any more and we're on real good terms. So yay. It'll be just interpreting for the Slovak group and then a lot of German to English and English to German because the whole meeting is organized by Germans but the language used will be English. So if anyone needs help, I'll have a job to do. Plus I'll probably help out with the organizing/planning and stuff.

I so wish you could be there too! If not now, you'll have to attend the next one! I'm sure there'll be plenty of hugs, and then we'd hug you even more.

nieh
04-26-2005, 05:20 PM
when are you going to come visit us supercool folks here in America? (us supercool folks being me and Rick and no one else at all).

I have a hard enough time speaking English half the time, I have no idea how you can translate between that many languages...but good luck and have fun with it!

nitropenguin!
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Simona has again graced us with her presense. Sim has a new avatar. Sim is back. Sim. I was about to make a thread saying how much I missed you. And everyone would gather in a mournful, gloomy atmosphere, weeping for you.

Very glad to here you settled in okay! Three weeks is far but in advance, you'll kill the exam without a doubt.

the_GoDdEsS
04-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Josh, I was just thinking about you people on the other continents. And yeah, if you don't 'invade' this one, I shall invade and conquer yours.

Thanks, Anique. It's funny how living an offline life makes you miss your online friends. I mean, I have enough friends in real life too but yet every single one of you is special.

Betty
04-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Welcome back Sim. And I know I can at least speak for myself when I say there was a definite noticeable lack of awesome attitude while you were not around. Congrats on the interpreting opportunity!

And I concur, if there were ever a serious meetup in this neck of the woods, I would seriously consider going even if it were somewhat far.

the_GoDdEsS
04-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Oh thanks, it seemed so long. =)

Consindering the fact that there's enough of you awesome people over there, there should be one.

wheelchairman
04-26-2005, 10:18 PM
All y'all should come to Amsterdam. pfff, although transatlantic flying is an expense that no student can really afford.

And yesh Sims, det er fra det 9. til den 14 juli. although 95% ain't good enough, besides Joy and I know that you are coming for 100%. We are very convincing.

Izie
04-26-2005, 11:37 PM
And yesh Sims, det er fra det 9. til den 14 juli. although 95% ain't good enough, besides Joy and I know that you are coming for 100%. We are very convincing.

I agree.

We all, are very convincing. Like Vlad and I, just more, since there's more of us. Try and resist, little Simmie :p

JoY
04-27-2005, 04:08 AM
I was lately playing New York by Frank Sinatra & secretly, deep down inside, I always imagine the song is about Amsterdam. "I want to wake up - in a city, that never sleeps.."

I hope you'll wake up in this city that never sleeps.

I can't wait to finally meet you guys. I never even really thought about it & suddenly it's so close. this is going to be awesome. very, very awesome. & I'm very, very excited.

Izie
04-27-2005, 05:39 AM
Say, if I went out of my mind and wanted a mini-meet up with you and Tizz some day before this meet up, what would I have to do to make it happen?

Oh and I suppose that the mini-meet-up would include Ken, but I haven't even told him about my silly idea yet :p I just thought of it today anyway, while I was planning my birthday and stuff...

Oh, and this one is gonna be great indeed, but now I'm just being repetitive :/

JoY
04-27-2005, 05:42 AM
oooooh, I wouldn't at ALL mind a mini-meet up.

Izie
04-27-2005, 05:48 AM
Allrighty! Now I just have to torture Tizz and Ken, and find a date when we're all free and stuff! Arr! I'll let ya know if anything actually comes out as a plan :p Or do ya have any proposals?

Vera
04-27-2005, 08:07 AM
East Coast of US people should quit their whining and fly over here. West Coast people are excused.

As for me, meh, mum is all "I'm too busy to think about it" and I've no money myself. I suppose I could discuss it with dad but he has a gf now so I doubt he'd be willing to go on a holiday with just me and if it doesn't fit his gf's schedules, it's not happening.

Le sigh. So really unsure right now.

Mota Boy
04-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Welcome back, Simonita - we (obviously) missed you too. There's also a Guster song called "Amsterdam", which popped into my head when I read the title.

It's good that your nerves have finally settled down for a bit before they get revved up again 'round exam time. Best of luck with summer plans (and living through the finals in order to enjoy them), it sounds like you have a great time ahead.

Izie
04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
As for me, meh, mum is all "I'm too busy to think about it" and I've no money myself. I suppose I could discuss it with dad but he has a gf now so I doubt he'd be willing to go on a holiday with just me and if it doesn't fit his gf's schedules, it's not happening.

Meh, I hope it works out, because it would just rule so much if you could come too!

Mota Boy
04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
East Coast of US people should quit their whining and fly over here...
...says the Finn who doesn't know if she can make it. Just grab a caribou or whatever local variety of antlered ungulate you have up there and ride down.

JoY
04-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Welcome back, Simonita - we (obviously) missed you too. There's also a Guster song called "Amsterdam", which popped into my head when I read the title.

hah, we so did miss her.<33

I downloaded Guster's Amsterdam at my parents', but I don't have it anymore & I can't find it on the internet either. *curls lip* evilness, because Guster is very, very yay.

Vera
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
...says the Finn who doesn't know if she can make it. Just grab a caribou or whatever local variety of antlered ungulate you have up there and ride down.
Just saying that it costs more for all of us to haul our asses over to the other side of the Atlantic. We can't help being European cool.

the_GoDdEsS
04-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Meh, I wouldn't want to miss out on any of you! 95% only because I don't know when I'll have my graduation ceremony yet. Last time I asked they said second half of July so I hope it will be around the 20th or so.

sKratch
04-27-2005, 10:43 AM
lulz ommg did u smokes teh marjianuna!?1`1~

Nina
04-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Siiiimmoonnnaa!
i am glad to see you back as well. you were missed, it was noticed that somebody really important is missing this place! glad to hear you finally moved... moving is always so much stress though :E hope it wont come in the way with your studies...

-huggle- hi =D

Tizzalicious
04-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Welcome back Sim! :)

the_GoDdEsS
04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
*huggles Tizz and Nina*

It was a lot of stress with the packing and unpacking. But now it's all better. There are just a few things that have to be done here but it's all nice to do something when you want to take your mind of studying. So it's alright really. Thanks for caring! =)

nieh
04-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Josh, I was just thinking about you people on the other continents. And yeah, if you don't 'invade' this one, I shall invade and conquer yours.

Invade and conquer? I don't think anyone's going to fight you on that so it shouldn't be too tough.

Guster = very yay. Amsterdam = yay as well, but it doesn't sound very typical Guster-ish.