PDA

View Full Version : A new rule in my higschool

Rye
04-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Okay, I understand the viewpoint of anti-violence, but I think this is taking it too far...

There is a rule in my town's public highschool that has been in effect for only a few years, I believe. It says that if you strike another person, the police will come pick you up, and you will most likely get kicked out of school, and possibly go to jail. Upon reading that, it doesn't sound unreasonable. But they are taking it to the extreme. If you strike a person IN DEFENSE you will face the same charges as the attacker. Even if he is pummelling you on the ground, you are bleeding, and almost unconscience, you can not hit him back. You can hold up your arms in defense, but what good will that do?

People are so paranoid these days; they take things to extremes BEYOND the extreme. There's almost not sensible and logical thought put into decisions like the one above.

0r4ng3
04-27-2005, 07:09 AM
that's fucked up. do you know how many times over i'd go to jail for that? not even i know, i've lost count

burning-the-high-life
04-27-2005, 07:23 AM
that's ###### up. do you know how many times over i'd go to jail for that? not even i know, i've lost count

yeah same here i'd be in a wig bent over some bed by some guy named bubba. (lol not really not without a fight.)

Skate Rat 19
04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok take your battles out side school, besides that way you can pack heat.

punkangel
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Okay, I understand the viewpoint of anti-violence, but I think this is taking it too far...

There is a rule in my town's public highschool that has been in effect for only a few years, I believe. It says that if you strike another person, the police will come pick you up, and you will most likely get kicked out of school, and possibly go to jail. Upon reading that, it doesn't sound unreasonable. But they are taking it to the extreme. If you strike a person IN DEFENSE you will face the same charges as the attacker. Even if he is pummelling you on the ground, you are bleeding, and almost unconscience, you can not hit him back. You can hold up your arms in defense, but what good will that do?

People are so paranoid these days; they take things to extremes BEYOND the extreme. There's almost not sensible and logical thought put into decisions like the one above.

that's the zero-tolerance policy
they had one at my elementary school and they
arrested a 5 year old mentally retarded kid because
in time-out he was yelling. I was just like...yeah he doesn't
know better dumbasses

turn it down
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
My school has the same rule but they rearly call the cops, but it is not fair how no matter what side you where on you get the same heat.

punkangel
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
They don't have the zero-tolerance policy
but yesterday at my skool they were handing out
free bibies..and I'm just like, I'm suing!!

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
^ I doubt this very, very much.

Mr. Noodles
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM

THAT IS THE FUCKING DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!
NOT EVEN FOR SELF DEFENSE?! THAT'S SO FUCKING GAY!!!!!!!!!!
THEY'RE ON THE FUCKING BULLY'S SIDE!

Kitten
04-29-2005, 01:30 AM
My friend actually felt the brunt of a rule similar to this. They didn't call the cops, but she got suspended for longer than the girl who had started on her, because she got a lucky hit in and made the other girls nose bleed.

RXP
04-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Not being an exeprt on US constitutional law, I'm pretty sure that that is uncsontitional though. The right to bear arms implies self defence is permissable. Take it to the Supreme Court baby!

Kodama
04-29-2005, 01:03 PM

They already give the same punishment for attacking IN DEFENSE. But yes, that's going way too far...

Rye
04-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Our school doesn't call the cops... we already have cops with permanent offices inside the school.

ASP
04-30-2005, 08:51 AM
The rule is the same in my school. That, if you ask me, is a load of SHIT. someone hits me, then they are geting decked, I dont care what the school says, if someone hits me their as good as dead and I'll just sing LAPD to the cops and get myself more time to beat the crap out of people in juvy.

When cops are takin care of buisness
I can understand,
but the LA stories gone way out of hand
their acts of aggression they say are justified,
but it seems an obsession started on the inside
shootin anyone who even tries to run
shootin little kids with toy guns
take it to a jury, they dont give a damn
the one who tells the truth is always the policeman <------(bullshit)

lost_nvrfound
04-30-2005, 01:52 PM
my 8th grade year in middle school they inacted a new no tolerance policy... ours was worse than yours... if a teacher so much as heard u say that u wanted to beat some1 up or even if they heard u talkin shit about a person, u'd be suspended on the spot for a minimum of 10 days... we wouldn't even get a chance to state our case

punkangel
04-30-2005, 06:12 PM
^ I doubt this very, very much.

No, you can even call the school and hear the principal say that they were handing out free bibles on public sidewalks..BUT the kids from the skool were going to throw the bible on the skool ground and say they're offended by it..and I was just going to applaude them

0r4ng3
04-30-2005, 06:35 PM
my school's actually not too strict on this rule:

there's this kid at my school whos always causing trouble, and everyone hates him, so a friend decided to kick his ass at lunch one day. the fight itself was very boring, but my friend didn't get in too much trouble, only suspended for 1 day for "starting a riot". i think the other kid got in more trouble, mainly because no one likes him.

notoriousdoc
05-01-2005, 01:09 AM
If that rule was in my school then I'd probably be in juvenile right now. I mostly beat up kids who piss me off and are bigger/older/thicker than me, but only if they start it. I got a 14 yr old in headlock a few weeks ago, took 4 kids to take me down

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/chezmaevina/Cat-Fight.jpg

lost_nvrfound
05-02-2005, 07:45 PM
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/chezmaevina/Cat-Fight.jpg
the cat's starin at his shadow...lol

Punk_Conspiracy
05-03-2005, 06:48 AM
I take absolutely no crap at all in my school, and go to extreme lengths to make sure no-one ever wants to give me any shit. In one DT class, a kid thought it'd be funny to coat a cookie in some random cooking ingredient that I can't remember the name of, and then put it on my plate. After he'd watched me eat it. After I found out it was him, to get my "don't mess with me" message across I dangled a knife above his head. The next day he ratted on me to the deputy, but the worst that happened to me was 5 day suspension, and I got off with a caution. You could say that my school has a very high tolerance policy.

OffspringInOz
05-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Man, if there was a rule like that at my old school, I would've been kicked out before I was 5..I think it was the day that you are meant to meat all your future classmates, and one of them tried to steal my plastic footy, so i whacked em in the gut and they started cryin and went home.

But even the teachers hit kids sometimes, I know tht's not allowed but they still do it.
Alot of them try to hide that tho, i remember in yr 1 we had this gigantic fat bitch for our teacher and she was always standing on kids fingers with the pointed bit of her high-heel shoes whenever they pissed her off. Of course when the kids complained they were thought to be making it all up just wanting attention. One kid got expelled for complaining to the principal about this teacher. Bloody unfair... :mad:

NIX-on-the-MAN
05-04-2005, 02:30 PM
My schools trying to gett soda banned. Think logically about this, do you know how much money the school will lose if that happened. :rolleyes:

_ߥ_vil_
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
We can't go to the toilet in lessons even if you were sick literally. Pathetic school.

notoriousdoc
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Man, if there was a rule like that at my old school, I would've been kicked out before I was 5..I think it was the day that you are meant to meat all your future classmates, and one of them tried to steal my plastic footy, so i whacked em in the gut and they started cryin and went home.

But even the teachers hit kids sometimes, I know tht's not allowed but they still do it.
Alot of them try to hide that tho, i remember in yr 1 we had this gigantic fat bitch for our teacher and she was always standing on kids fingers with the pointed bit of her high-heel shoes whenever they pissed her off. Of course when the kids complained they were thought to be making it all up just wanting attention. One kid got expelled for complaining to the principal about this teacher. Bloody unfair... :mad:

Bitch !

0r4ng3
05-04-2005, 03:01 PM
My schools trying to gett soda banned. Think logically about this, do you know how much money the school will lose if that happened. :rolleyes:
My school hasn't had soda in like 2 years. Instead we have some fake snapple cans and bottled water, which no one ever buys.

notoriousdoc
05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
My school hasn't had soda in like 2 years. Instead we have some fake snapple cans and bottled water, which no one ever buys.

I don't see why you would want to buy any kind of shit like that anyway. But then, here we have to wait AGES to get anything in the tuck line

Dexter_Holland
05-04-2005, 04:41 PM
what a fucked up rule. if it was the same here i went to jail for 939292 times...

Not Ozymandias
05-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Your high school is fucked anyway since they've been unable to teach you to properly type "high school".

ruroken
05-05-2005, 10:43 AM
higschool...

I can't read from there...

Aimeht
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
What kind of people goes to your school?!
Sick.

notoriousdoc
05-05-2005, 11:06 AM
violence is part of school. I got/will get bullied as will most people in one way or another. Unfair but true :( :(

ruroken
05-05-2005, 12:55 PM
higschool...

I can't read from there...
I repeat. :cool:

lost_nvrfound
05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
i don't get a lot of school rules...they're just way too fuckin strict...they cause more trouble then they stop... like last week they enacted this new tardy policy... once the bell rings, the teachers have to lock their doors so that anyone who is late can't get in wothout a note...that part makes sense... but if you're tardy more than twice you get two hours of saturday detention... we used to get 3 tardys per class... but now its two for all day... it doesn't matter what the reason... a bunch of kids tried to protest it but it was to no effect... many of the kids involved in it were given ISS... we were told of the risk of ISS so that's why there were less than there could've been...

Rye
05-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I must say that I am lucky. I'm over six feet tall so no one really messes with me, anyways. Hopefully I won't have to test the limits of this rule.

ShadowPyro
05-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Man that sucks... I had a rule like that... Its why I got suspended... This fat kid, Rich went back and forth between me and a friend telling the other one, that the other was saying shit about them... He tricked that kid into punching me... He was pummeling me, pulled my shirt in front of my face to keep doing. I stood there and waited for the aide. She didnt come. I said"fuck the damn teacher reputation" and hit him.... He started bleeding, then the aide came... I hit him more and backed off, he tried to hit me and hurt the aide... I got 3 days, he got 5 and 13 days of detention and an apologly note to the aide....

You see my mom wants me to have a good reputauion, so they recomend me for scholership programs cause my mom can't afford collage...... im screwd... gonna flip burgers for a living with Katie!

lost_nvrfound
05-09-2005, 05:19 PM
ur 12 and ur already worrying about college? :confused: ...they don't look at ur middle school records... they don't really care how you do until u reach highschool

Rye
05-09-2005, 09:23 PM
ur 12 and ur already worrying about college? :confused: ...they don't look at ur middle school records... they don't really care how you do until u reach highschool

Yeah.. but you could do what I'm considering doing. There's a program where certain colleges will take 25-30 juniors, I believe, and let them live on campus and take advanced highschool courses that give you credit towards college and highschool graduation. Good scores in middleschool can't hurt that.

ShadowPyro
05-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah.. but you could do what I'm considering doing. There's a program where certain colleges will take 25-30 juniors, I believe, and let them live on campus and take advanced highschool courses that give you credit towards college and highschool graduation. Good scores in middleschool can't hurt that.
Im my town, theres this thing where if u get really good grades and recomandatitions from your teachers on your behavor, etc you can take advanced collage courses in highschool, and finish collage early.... DAMN IT! I wanna live like my friends, and not worry about fucken collage, its not fair! and my parents tell my to young for a girlfriend... fuck that

Yes, I realize that was a bit random...

Rye
05-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Im my town, theres this thing where if u get really good grades and recomandatitions from your teachers on your behavor, etc you can take advanced collage courses in highschool, and finish collage early.... DAMN IT! I wanna live like my friends, and not worry about fucken collage, its not fair! and my parents tell my to young for a girlfriend... fuck that

Yes, I realize that was a bit random...

The one I'm talking about you actually go and live in a dorm on a college campus.

T-6005
05-11-2005, 05:00 AM
The rest of that just sounds like AP courses, which I believe are offered at quite a few american high schools......

I can't really say, though, I'm stuck in a bubble of high-achieving people who end up taking 5 APs per year for a total of 10 over the last 2 years of high school... these people sneer at my paltry 4.

Whatever, point being, you can usually get college credit for classes taken in high school in the American System, using the APs. I think you need a 4 or a 5 so that any college will accept, but for a lot of them a 3 will do as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PS - Having totally missed the topic, I want to say... middle school grades don't matter that much at all. If you're a junior by the time they take you, they'll look at your 9th and 10th grade scores.

jrk247
05-12-2005, 10:31 AM

What if the teachers hit anyone?

lost_nvrfound
05-23-2005, 07:37 PM
yeah...they (being many ppl) all tried to get me to apply for a few different programs like that... i always scored real high on the finals in middle school...i had several C's on my record from 7th & 8th grade... mostly from where i didn't feel like doing my homework... honestly, i prefer normal highschool to early college and the dreadfully geeky kids that go there in my area... i really like regular highschool in fact

Rag Doll
05-29-2005, 10:36 PM
It's like that at a lot of schools. Most, even.

My old high school just implemented a "no sandals" rule, because some moron fell down the stairs in sandals. Sandals are the mark of evil now...right up there with hats and tank tops.

Drummerguy123
05-29-2005, 11:43 PM
They don't have the zero-tolerance policy
but yesterday at my skool they were handing out
free bibies..and I'm just like, I'm suing!!

lol. That's exactly what happened at my high school. In defiance, I got out my mp3 player and played heavy metal full blast so they could hear it. It was hilarious because I don't even know if they were talking to me because it was so loud. My friend got a bible and started throwing it at people. He called it his "throwin' Bible". Good times...

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 12:11 PM

It's not as severe at my school....they get in trouble, yeah, but it's just suspension.
Actually, I think one kid got arrested, but that was because she was trying to bite the principal.

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Man that sucks... I had a rule like that... Its why I got suspended... This fat kid, Rich went back and forth between me and a friend telling the other one, that the other was saying shit about them... He tricked that kid into punching me... He was pummeling me, pulled my shirt in front of my face to keep doing. I stood there and waited for the aide. She didnt come. I said"fuck the damn teacher reputation" and hit him.... He started bleeding, then the aide came... I hit him more and backed off, he tried to hit me and hurt the aide... I got 3 days, he got 5 and 13 days of detention and an apologly note to the aide....

You see my mom wants me to have a good reputauion, so they recomend me for scholership programs cause my mom can't afford collage...... im screwd... gonna flip burgers for a living with Katie!
I think your mom should be worried about your spelling. Reputation can't fix that.

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 12:18 PM
It's not as severe at my school....they get in trouble, yeah, but it's just suspension.
Actually, I think one kid got arrested, but that was because she was trying to bite the principal.

lol. I bet that looked funny!

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 12:22 PM
lol. I bet that looked funny!
It did. I swear, my school shouldn't be there. It's half ghetto and half rich kids that try to look like whores. It should have imploded with that combination.

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
My school is even weirder. It's actually two schools on one campus. Mine (University high) is a college preparatory school were all of the smart people (Asians) or people who are really good at guessing on multiple choice tests (me) go. The other school (Rincon high) is just a normal public high school. Both schools share Fine Arts and sports so it's really hard to tell whose from which school. Actually, the only way to tell is by the size of our backpacks. University's are gigantic and falling apart and Rincon's are small, light and resemble a woman's purse.

IdiotOfTheDay
05-31-2005, 12:37 PM
My school is even weirder. It's actually two schools on one campus. Mine (University high) is a college preparatory school were all of the smart people (Asians) or people who are really good at guessing on multiple choice tests (me) go. The other school (Rincon high) is just a normal public high school. Both schools share Fine Arts and sports so it's really hard to tell whose from which school. Actually, the only way to tell is by the size of our backpacks. University's are gigantic and falling apart and Rincon's are small, light and resemble a woman's purse.
My school--I'm in middle school--is right across from the elementary school, and has the same name. Plus they're building a high school (it's the one I'll be going to in...a year? Yeah a year) down the street. With the same name.
It's the trilogy of the goddamn Braden Rivers.

lost_nvrfound
06-02-2005, 07:34 PM
My old high school just implemented a "no sandals" rule, because some moron fell down the stairs in sandals. Sandals are the mark of evil now...right up there with hats and tank tops.
the highschool that i was originally sposed to be going to had that same rule. they actually started enforcing too.

dirty_magic
06-03-2005, 05:54 AM
okey so being pigged for fighting is a bit harsh but do your skools really have that many fights that everyone will be in prison?! at skool (age 11 - 16) we had one good fight and bout 3 other minor ones and at college (after skool til now, so 18) we had one fight which materialised into one bloke lying ontop of the other with no punched being thrown! the policy seems quite good if it stops rucks from taking place!

IdiotOfTheDay
06-03-2005, 10:01 AM
My school has the sandals thing...sort of. If the front of the shoe is open, there has to be a back strap or something. And if the back is open, the front has to be covered.
I guess we'll start molesting each other and distracting the class if we see each others' feet or something.