PDA

View Full Version : Which song(s) would you most like to perform or make a music video to?

Jimbob2005
04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I always dream of doing a video for most songs when I listen to them, it kind of makes me really happy, and the thought of performing it for Star In Your Eyes (a Christmas event that my college holds) makes me smile. If I could play the guitar or drums I would do it.

Basically, I would love to perform most Offspring, Green Day, Metallica or Red Hot Chili Peppers songs live (at any performance for example, Stars In Your Eyes or just, well, anywhere really), but preferably a Red Hot Chili Peppers song because more people need to be aware of such good music like this.

I would love to do a video to Come Out and Play, Gotta Get Away (by the Offspring), Californication or By The Way (by the Red Hot CHili Peppers), The Unnamed Feeling (Metallica) or Walking Contradiction or Longview (by Green Day). This is my list from my main four bands. How about the rest of you?

Mentally_Challenged
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah but Longview and Walking Contradiction already have videos....Gah! They're both such fucking brilliant songs :D :D :D :D

Come out and play would be pretty good (like you said) And...hmmm....Dirtty Magic I think. My peculiar imagination would probably come up with something interesting for that....

Isolated Fury
04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Scarborough Fair/Canticle by Simon and Garfunkel

The Talking Pie
04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Master of Puppets. Or Damage, inc.

JohnnyNemesis
04-27-2005, 04:59 PM
I always dream of doing a video for most songs when I listen to them
I'm the same way. I have a weird little story to share before I answer your question. When I was 10 years old, I first heard "Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins on the radio. I loved it, and everytime I heard the song I'd dream up a video. 5 years later I saw the actual music video on TV, and it was eerily similar to what I'd thought up before I'd ever seen the vid! Crazy.

Anyway, doing a video for The Offspring's "Living In Chaos", Garbage's "The Trick is to Keep Breathing", Depeche Mode's "Stories of Old", or Monster Magnet's "Baby Gotterdamerung" would be awesome.

punkangel
04-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I would do, Britney Spears, Toxic, or Do Somethin'...great songs!

Eccentric Sara
04-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Basically, I would love to perform most Offspring, Green Day, Metallica or Red Hot Chili Peppers songs live (at any performance for example, Stars In Your Eyes or just, well, anywhere really), but preferably a Red Hot Chili Peppers song because more people need to be aware of such good music like this.

I would love to do a video to Come Out and Play, Gotta Get Away (by the Offspring), Californication or By The Way (by the Red Hot CHili Peppers), The Unnamed Feeling (Metallica) or Walking Contradiction or Longview (by Green Day). This is my list from my main four bands. How about the rest of you?
I sang a couple of Chilli Peppers songs - By The Way being one of them,for a Halloween gig-type thing when I was at uni. Was lots of fun,but be warned,if you planning on SINGING the songs,Chilli peppers lyrics are VERY hard to learn because they kind of don't mean anything and aren't very repetitive!
Anyway,I would love to cover an AFI song- not sure which- there are so many! Or a Greenday song. Actually,there are loads. Too many to mention. I love singing and sing along to everything!

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Blood Red Sandman, by Lordi. The number of times I've been listening to that, and imagined making a video to it. I've got about 5 different ideas. And the actual video sucks.

punkangel
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Since we are talking about that song, I can't download it because I can't find it in iTunes..so I can't listen to it..mad

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2005, 07:57 PM
It should be on there. It's on The Monster Show album.

punkangel
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
It should be on there. It's on The Monster Show album.

for iTunes? I don't think so...

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Hmm. Try Kazaa or eMule then. But you should get it - it's an awesome song.

punkangel
04-27-2005, 08:01 PM
If I download from anything else but iTunes my dad will kill me....KILL ME because if I put a virus on the new computer I'm dead and have to pay for the new one...my ass!

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Hmm. Well, one day I may try and send it to you on AOL. But I have to put it back on my computer first.

punkangel
04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Hmm. Well, one day I may try and send it to you on AOL. But I have to put it back on my computer first.

okay, that's cool
I have to go now..I know I will be missed!! :p

Jimbob2005
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm the same way. I have a weird little story to share before I answer your question. When I was 10 years old, I first heard "Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins on the radio. I loved it, and everytime I heard the song I'd dream up a video. 5 years later I saw the actual music video on TV, and it was eerily similar to what I'd thought up before I'd ever seen the vid! Crazy.
Interesting story, I like it. I find that my "videos" tend to be quite different from the real videos (my thoughts on WDYGAJ are extremely different to the actual video done), although any video I would have dreamed of doing for Warning: or Walking Contradiction or Original Prankster or Longview would be very similar to the actual videos the bands had done. But then that is because I understand the themes of the songs, I suppose. But it is intersting when you find a music video is like how you dream of it.

0r4ng3
04-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Before I saw the video for Hitchin' A Ride, I thought up a video for it. I saw the video a while ago, and it was very similar to what i thought, just without the funny suits

Jimbob2005
04-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Before I saw the video for Hitchin' A Ride, I thought up a video for it. I saw the video a while ago, and it was very similar to what i thought, just without the funny suits
Hmm, I need that video!

ThrashedThrasher
04-28-2005, 01:10 PM
If I were a guy and I had the vocal ability, probably anything by Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Immortal, Bathory, Deicide, etc, etc.

As for videos...I don't know, I'd like to do a Dope video that'd be awesome. Or Dimmu Borgir...those guys own.