PDA

View Full Version : School Uniform

Jimbob2005
04-28-2005, 12:05 PM
It is pointless, and I don't care about equality, but individuality is better. It has no benefits whatsoever. Who agrees with me? Post your thoughts here.

Betty
04-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I am against school uniforms. And if anybody disagrees, I totally wrote the best essay ever in grade 11 on that subject.

burning-the-high-life
04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
It is pointless, and I don't care about equality, but individuality is better. It has no benefits whatsoever. Who agrees with me? Post your thoughts here.

yeah man totally. ignore the dick that posted under you he's just negative and an ass 24-7, but yeah your right equality is cool and all but individuality is better

Aimeht
04-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I agree with you. Maybe cause we don't wear school uniform in Sweden. So I don't know what it's like. There are both advantages and disadvantages with wearing school uniform. You can't see which one is 'rich' or 'poor' by the clothing, students can't bully eachother cause they all have the same clothes. But - the mean ones will find other stuff to be mean about. Sad but true.
You can express yourself with the clothes you wear, they often shows what kind of person you are. I like that. I hope we'll never get school uniforms over here, that would be horrible.

Jimbob2005
04-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I agree with you. Maybe cause we don't wear school uniform in Sweden. So I don't know what it's like. There are both advantages and disadvantages with wearing school uniform. You can't see which one is 'rich' or 'poor' by the clothing, students can't bully eachother cause they all have the same clothes. But - the mean ones will find other stuff to be mean about. Sad but true.
You can express yourself with the clothes you wear, they often shows what kind of person you are. I like that. I hope we'll never get school uniforms over here, that would be horrible.
The benefits you mentioned are true but are easily outweighed by the the advantages. I had school uniform at High School. At College, I didn't have it but then pupils studying for the first two years at the college now have it! Luckily I don't but I am forced to carry an ID card around. It has to be ON SHOW but it isn't as it kind of broke so I have to keep it in my pocket. The main thing is you have to have it, but now no one bats an eyelid if you keep it in your pocket. About as pointless as uniform, unless you are actually geeky enough to use the library.

Luckily, I am free from uniform. I won't go to Oxford University or any other crappy snobby place where you have to wear uniform. Fuck that crap, I'd rather express myself with my own clothes.

I say burn all school uniforms.

Jimbob2005
04-28-2005, 12:39 PM
yeah man totally. ignore the dick that posted under you he's just negative and an ass 24-7
I know, I have experienced it myself. He obviously was never brought up properly.

Noodles is gay
04-28-2005, 12:48 PM
I won't go to Oxford University or any other crappy snobby place where you have to wear uniform. Fuck that crap, I'd rather express myself with my own clothes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

notoriousdoctor
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

hey NiG *cough*

Italia311
04-29-2005, 12:32 AM
I fucking loved my school uniform. I wore the same shit everyday. Whatever. Go cry. OoOOOOooOOoooOO School uniform. Don't go to the fucking school then. Holy shit. You have a fucking choice. Dont go to a fucking uniform school. Go complain somewhere else.

Jimbob2005
04-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I fucking loved my school uniform. I wore the same shit everyday. Whatever. Go cry. OoOOOOooOOoooOO School uniform. Don't go to the fucking school then. Holy shit. You have a fucking choice. Dont go to a fucking uniform school. Go complain somewhere else.
School uniform doesn't apply to me or pupils in my year or sixth form, and I said I WON'T go to Oxford Uni for those reasons. And I am not complaining - not liking school uniform is a common thing and not one studnet likes it - I think all students would be complaining, and the majority of poeple agree with me. So please, chill :cool: dude.

Vicky
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I've not had a school uniform for 2 years, heh. mine wasnt that bad though

Betty
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Because I'm feeling disagreeable...

There was one french highschool in my city. It had a uniform. Sure I had a choice, but not really if I wanted to finish my french education. So yeah...

Mentally_Challenged
04-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Urgh. I hate my school uniform with avengance.
Tiz all black and absorbs every ray of sunlight that should drift through the ozone layer. Even better, it makes everyone smell like donkey's in the summer.
Eurgh.

St Jimmy
04-29-2005, 01:54 PM
scool uniforms are s**t. It's just like when they say you cant have what hairstyle you want. My head had just done an assembly on individuality then took this girl aside coz she had dyed her hair red. she had to dye it back after. It's just so stupid and it contradicts what he'd just said!!

KappaWing
04-29-2005, 07:55 PM
School uniform doesn't apply to me or pupils in my year or sixth form, and I said I WON'T go to Oxford Uni for those reasons. And I am not complaining - not liking school uniform is a common thing and not one studnet likes it - I think all students would be complaining, and the majority of poeple agree with me. So please, chill :cool: dude.

Whoa, you have the oppurtunity to go to one of the most prestigious universities in the world but you are not going because of uniforms? Do you know the chance you are passing up? I would KILL to be able to go to a uni like that... Don't throw it away just because of some stupid uniforms. Put things in perspective, man!

But for someone who says libraries are for geeks, I don't think you'd fit in there at all. :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-29-2005, 09:38 PM

'scuse me. This student did.

0r4ng3
04-29-2005, 10:13 PM
for one year, my school tried to enforce uniforms, but it wasn't actual uniforms, just a dress code really. no one went by it anyway, and to this day, no one even seems to remember the uniform/dress code.

Anya82
04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
i used school uniform during elementary and middle school.
i liked both.
i don't care about equality and stuff related to uniform...
this might sound dumb or naive, but...i'm okay with uniforms cause that way you don't have to break your mind thinking what to wear the next day! hehehehe :D

Jimbob2005
04-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Whoa, you have the oppurtunity to go to one of the most prestigious universities in the world but you are not going because of uniforms? Do you know the chance you are passing up? I would KILL to be able to go to a uni like that... Don't throw it away just because of some stupid uniforms. Put things in perspective, man!

But for someone who says libraries are for geeks, I don't think you'd fit in there at all. :rolleyes:
I am not considering most uni's since they don't do Computer Science with Games Development.

wheelchairman
04-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Against it, a person's clothes should be defined by them, not the other way around. One should target teasing, not the victims of it.

Noodles is gay
04-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Jimbob2005: where you thinking of going? Gotta apply in a few months :eek:

Whoa, you have the oppurtunity to go to one of the most prestigious universities in the world but you are not going because of uniforms?

Am i the only one who realizes that people at Oxford DO NOT wear uniforms!!!

I would KILL to be able to go to a uni like that...
*does a little dance*

I'm going down to Oxford on friday for a classics conference! :D (not that i'm bragging or anything, mind :p)

Damn, libraries rock! I'm currently trying to get a part time job in one - only stupid people say they suck; STUPID PEOPLE!

Oh, and i'm actually for uniforms - i wear a suit to school and quite enjoy it.

Jimbob2005
04-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Jimbob2005: where you thinking of going? Gotta apply in a few months :eek:

Hull, but apparently the city sucks, so I will try Nottingham and Newcastle since they APPARENTLY do it but I'll have to phone to check.

But sadly it looks like Hull, which is a dull and boring place, according to most people.

Noodles is gay
04-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Hull is pretty boring. Newcastle is currently 5th on my list.

Why don't you just look on their websites? I'm pretty sure that Newcastle do some kind of computing course

"Computer Science with Games Development." - awesome; is that like programming games etc?

Jimbob2005
05-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Yes, it is graphics programming and everything. Apparently, they do it but the prospectus for 2006 simply doesn't say so I will phone them. The prospectus for Nottingham says so too, but not the website, although it is apparently out of date (i.e. for 2005). I will phone them too. At the moment though, Hull is the only place that seems to DEFINATELY do it. I would search via the UCAS website but it only does courses for 2005. Damn.

nameless
05-01-2005, 04:13 AM
i had nothing against my school uniform, it was kinda smart/casual - no blazer! the school i went to had stupid rules about you would be sent home if you werent in complete uniform etc. but nothing like that ever happened!

Jimbob2005
05-01-2005, 08:17 AM
It's not actual uniform, it is the strict rules relating to it that really gets me.

Italia311
05-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Because I'm feeling disagreeable...

There was one french highschool in my city. It had a uniform. Sure I had a choice, but not really if I wanted to finish my french education. So yeah...

Nice, there was a "French Emergion" (dunno the spelling) across from my catholic school and they never wore unifroms...*shrug* I mean, its a peace of clothing...for 7 1/2 hours a day..sometimes less...I had to wear it..no big deal. There are other things worth complaining about, like Calculus!$!@#%@#%!@$^$@!^!@$^!@$^$!@^>

0r4ng3
05-01-2005, 08:29 AM
It's not actual uniform, it is the strict rules relating to it that really gets me.
I know what you mean. The stricter the rule is, the more tempted i am to not wear it.