PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any regrets?

Omni
04-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Most everyone has a regret or 2 (or more) in life. There are a lot of things I wish I could have done some time ago that I didn't do, but if I could change them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Sometimes, that may be a good thing, I guess. You can't live your life wondering "if only", but you can't stop your mind from wandering.

I guess a regret of mine is not getting my driver's permit/license sooner (I'm gonna take the permit test next week). I never really realized how practical driving is (even though I can't stand it). In fact, it's one of the most practical and useful things I can think of. I am only 16, now, so any other regrets I have much further back would probably be just kid stuff that would have no real effect on my life. Well, let's hear it. What are you regretful about?

the_GoDdEsS
04-29-2005, 11:13 PM
I can join you on the driving. I should have done it five years ago already. But I'll start in four weeks.

Real regrets? Way too many from my childhood, the way I treated people who loved me and each and every unreasonable anger outburst and loss of control.

Omni
04-29-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree. I find that the older I get, the less I blame and stay angry at my parents for the stuff I once called "stupid". There are things I think I'll always feel were wrong, but a lot of the petty things... I guess it all just comes with age.

the_GoDdEsS
04-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it does come with age. We communicate on a different level now and with different kinds of problems.

Omni
04-29-2005, 11:21 PM
How come you changed your other avatar? It was a good picture.

ThrashedThrasher
04-29-2005, 11:25 PM
The only thing I could really think about is the drugs I got into for awhile that fucked me over big time.

Other than that I could say I half regret and I half am glad that I dated my ex. Being with him taught me a hell of a lot of things to come. Suuure he broke my heart and shit but there were times where even now I wish I could still be with the asshole.

the_GoDdEsS
04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
I felt like something more anonymous for a while. Thank you.

Dive
04-29-2005, 11:28 PM
No. My life is exemplary.

Omni
04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, and I hope things run smoothly in the future. I hope you're off the drugs now, and are reconstructing a better life for yourself. Never too late to start over.

I'm sure one thing that'll come back to haunt is are my grades in school. Next year is my senior year, and I don't want to miss out on College and sacrifice my future because I wanted to watch TV instead of doing my research papers and whatnot. I'll definitely have to start picking up the pace.

Gordie
04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Reading this Thread..

Omni
04-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Don't even act like you're perfect, Gordie.

Dive
04-29-2005, 11:46 PM
What nerve!

Camilamazed
04-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

I'm not the only onw who's gonna have the drivers licence by now :D

I'm having my written exam about traffic stuff next week, after that I start driving classes. :D

I regret going to the American consulate by myself and getting my visa denied when I would have gone by a interchange agency and go to teh usa and work as an Au Pair :rolleyes:

JoY
04-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I hate regrets' guts.

I could regret I dated my exboyfriend (like TrashedTrasher) for all that went wrong, but what about all that went right? I wouldn't want to just wipe that away & sweep it from my mind. & even though it's caused me loads of pain, also that can be considered a positive thing. I don't think I would've appreciated what I have now as much, if I hadn't gone through things. & you find out things about yourself, when you're in a difficult time. you learn things, not so much about others, but about you. others I won't be able to fully understand ever anyway, but I've learned a lot about myself & I'd like to think I've grown.

I could regret I dated my second exboyfriend, because we used to be best friends & aren't anything of each other now anymore, which is really a shame, because we were fantastic together. like strawberries & cherries, man. but I guess when I saw our friendship fading, because we both started to live a different life, I did everything to be with him once again. & man, was I with him. he wasn't so much my boyfriend, just a really good friend I was losing & at least I had a last chance to have fun with him. just not the kind I had in mind & imagined, but that's alright.

I could regret the fact I used to cut myself. I think the fact that no one in real life knows about it (excluding two I don't see anymore), shows that I do. it was a silly, unnecessary, destructive symptom of something that in the end made me grow as a person. (sounds so cliché, doesn't it?) I thoroughly hate my scars, but I guess that even if I never had touched anything sharp, there'd still be scars. of another kind, but still.

I could regret the fact I used to drink so much, but now I at least know what -doesn't- work for me as a way to get over things. I know how low I can get & I know that's still not the lowest point. I also know I can crawl out of a low point. I now know I'm so much stronger, than I used to think I was. not that I'm very strong or even remotely strong, by the way. a lot of what goes for me cutting, also goes for this.

I don't see the point in regretting anything. everything has been an experience & experiences make a person richer in a way. maybe I'm too naive & positive, all like "the glass is half full, not half empty", saying this & a target for disappointments, but so be it. I haven't grown stronger over the years, just more aware of how strong I am/can be. of what I can deal with, even in extreme situations.

0r4ng3
04-30-2005, 04:37 PM
i used to be a loudmouth, and offend lots of people, even when i didn't know what i was saying. ive been in trouble quite a few times for that kinda thing.

in short, i regret ever talking...

Noodles is gay
04-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Dropping Latin in year 10 and taking geography instead - i wasted two years with the most boring man in the world, who cannot teach and caused me to get a B! :mad:

ninth
04-30-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't have any regrets, it's pointless to dwell on the past.

satitania
04-30-2005, 05:22 PM
i regret dating my ex for as long as i did, it was about 2 years too long, and as a result, i regret not being able to be with my new boyfriend sooner. It's probably my only major regret that id change if i could.

Omni
04-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd like to agree with ninth, however, that often seems easier said than done. Whenever you have a moment where your mind isn't preoccupied with somthing else, it wanders to thoughts you wish you could push back.

ASP
04-30-2005, 10:50 PM
There Are Way To Fucking Many Errors To Change!!!!!!! Overload! Overload! Danger, Get To A Safe Seven Mile Radius From Your Computer!

Izie
05-01-2005, 02:07 AM
I don't have any regrets, it's pointless to dwell on the past.

I fully agree with this.

meaning_of_life
05-01-2005, 02:16 AM
i regret hanging around with the wrong people at school. it robbed me of good grades, now im destined to become an electrition. oh well.