PDA

View Full Version : BBS advice for NOOBS

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 01:38 AM
here's a little advice

1. DO NOT use the forum as a dating service, get out and find yourself a girl/boy friend that you can get real hugs from

2. DO be incredibly depressed. It works for theunholynightbringer so it should work for you

3. Get a decent avatar and signature as soon as possible

4. DON'T give yourself an unoriginal name, think strange and/or disturbing

5. IGNORE all posts from trip boy, tripboy, tripper and other such people with similar names

6. TRY to get in with a nice senior member, it helped me

I hope this helps - Dan :D :D :D

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 01:45 AM
OOH! Ignore wheelchairman as well, he's a twat

Admin
04-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Good advice, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 01:52 AM
That's OK, kid

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 03:15 AM
That advice is terrible.

1. The Dating kids are great for a laugh. Don't discourage them.

2. I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, because it doesn't work either way. I'll just do myself a favour and pretend this "hint" was never given, because I have no clue how to respond to it. I'm honestly rendered speechless in deference to your idiocy.

3. Decent signature? The only decent signature is no signature. Or at least just one line, like I've got. I'm sick of seeing three quotes and an Offspring song's lyrics every time some moron feels the need to say "Lol.... 10 characters". And they give them colours and bolding as well. God damn.

4. Just "Don't give yourself an Offspring, Dexter, or Offspring-Song related name, or nobody will remember who you are" should do it.

5. Everybody who's anybody heeds TripBoy and wheelchairman. We are both upstanding pillars of this community, and have been for years. Nobody cares a shit for you, and nobody will remember you when you're gone.

6. Trying to suck up to a "senior member" is stupid, since most senior members are still "n00bs" themselves. And all the old-school elites will just shit on you like you deserve.

uh, yeah, yeah, that stuff too...

foxy
04-30-2005, 03:29 AM
ok this might be a bit stupid but what the hell is a NOOB

Jackish
04-30-2005, 03:44 AM
A "newbie". Somebody who has been posting here for less time than us, and is therefore inferior to us in every way. It's some bullshit status quo thing. People keep saying the only reason I insult them is because I'm an elitist old-school person who hates new people. That's bullshit. Look at the "NOOBS" I embraced with open arms. Notice anything about them? NONE OF THEM ARE RETARDED! Now look at the "NOOBS" I constantly mock and deride. Notice anything about them? Yeah, I rest my case.

He speak'th the'th truth'th uth'th.

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 03:53 AM
"That stuff" was parallel arguments to "your stuff", saying why everything that you've said was wrong... y'know, I.... no. I give up. I give up on this failed experiment called humainity. A plague on all your houses, I fucking give up. People like you shouldn't even be allowed to live, but you all do, and you all end up breeding. It's just... fuck. I need a stiff drink and a whack.

go fuck a duck

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 04:01 AM
already have, it doesn't do anything to me!?!? can you suggest something else?

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 04:10 AM
Always happy to help. (http://www.neogen.com/WebReadyGraphics/AS_Products/PostassiumChloride.jpg)

uh, *falls to floor* man...TinGlES...

*gets up* nah, still doesn't help

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Don't tease. Just do it.

no really, It doesn'... *slumps down*

gothbabe
04-30-2005, 04:17 AM
hamaykamay trunglepoof, RISE!

*revives notoriousdoc*

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Go back to being Stan's bitch TripBoy, it suits you

http://www.thamike.com/fn_images/satan_saddam.jpg

go on, kick Saddam out

BuddyHolly
04-30-2005, 04:25 AM
some more advice:

- Don't listen to anything Notoriousdoc has to say.
- Before you start a thread, make sure their isn't already a similar one by using the SEARCHBUTTON.

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 04:27 AM
Not OK then

Punky Dudess
04-30-2005, 04:27 AM
^ :D hehe!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-30-2005, 04:28 AM
^The second is the most important one (it was to BuddyHolly but I was late :p)

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Err do you realise that Pottasium Cloride is what is commonally known as "low Sodium salt" (dumb name) (i think).

Mannen som blev en gris
04-30-2005, 08:44 AM
I don't think anything is good if you inject it to your veins.....

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Err i never said it was harmless but it wouldnt do any more that injecting salt in to your vains. Also it might be Quite hard to inject a solid

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 08:57 AM
yer ok i know large amounts of salt will kill you but pottsium Cloride is unlikely to kill you much faster/more

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Did you read my post properly i just said i areed with you but Pot. Cloride Probabaly wouldnt do it much faster/Better.

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Err honastly i dont know. All i was saying is that Pot. Cl. is very much like salt (sodium Cloride) So if that amount of Salt will kill you then KCl will PROBABALY as well. But It PROBABALY wont be MORE savier (cant spell that word).

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:15 AM
No. We don't have the same definition of 'adult', child.

Maria

ERRR what are you going on about

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Ignore her, she's insane. And admit that you didn't realise that I know what I was talking about, and I'll let you back down gracefully, instead of ruining your shit all over the place.

All i Asked in the first place was that you knew what KCl is. And You then took the knowlegde that it was similar to salt to tell me that large concetrates of salt kill a person therefore KCL will as well. I then agreed with you and now you are making out all along that you knew these fact all the time. I dont know this for a fact and therefore I couldnt have relised either way whether you knew what you were or weren't talking about. You are the one that has made this in to an argument not me. It is you that is 'ruining your shit all over the place'

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:49 AM
i asked because i didnt realy expected a salt substute to be used as a suicide drug. Plus you then told me that salt killed so i then agreed tht Kcl could as well.

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
NO i can do what i like

Noodles is gay
04-30-2005, 10:10 AM
All i was saying is that Pot. Cl. is very much like salt (sodium Cloride)

no, it's not - they are very different.

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 10:44 AM
three guesses who's not dead yet

notoriousdoc
04-30-2005, 11:22 AM
number 1 should be "Always use search button before you make a thread"...

thanks adri', you're the only person who hasn't told me to inject salt *sniff*

Oh, and for the record, it wasn't in any order :D

Hyper nova
04-30-2005, 12:34 PM
no, it's not - they are very different.

Well... they're both very much like salt because they both are salt.

Of course, if he means it's very much like table salt, then yeah. I hope he hangs himself someday.

First Yes I meant Table Salt (NaCl). And I thought KCl was similar, as Potassium is just below sodium in the periodic table and therefore have very similar properties I then assumed that the Salt form with Chlorine would also be similar. And since i have seen KCl listed as an ingredient of low sodium salt. I assumed that the previous assumtion is correct.

But if it is not then i refer back to the point where i said what KCl was as you can see i Have (i think) writen down.

In this case I was wrong and TripBoy was also wrong and he lied about knowing what KCl Was.

Oh and NIG maybe you can explain by how much they differ.

Amanda
04-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Kids who use this place as a dating service are a real pain in the ass, so i agree with your first advice.
Being depressive ONLY works for unholy, Other people just sound lame and annoying.
There is no such thing as a decent avatar or sig. At least not that i've seen so far, so the best advice would be to just try not to be pathetically predictable(offspring songs...)
And some of the people mentioned in your "advice to ignore" are actually, no matter how much we may claim to hate them, essential to this bbs. Ignoring them is not adviced.

ninth
04-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Whereas ignoring you is of no consequence as you are insignificant.

Amanda
04-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Ah, another predictable post. Funny how I knew someone would be "smart" enough to say that :rolleyes: Wasn't expecting it from ninth though, i'm slightly dissapointed.

Camilamazed
04-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Don't take this BBS seriously...... :rolleyes:

offspringintenselyrock
04-30-2005, 02:41 PM
He speak'th the'th truth'th uth'th.
I like you Jackish. Just for that.

0r4ng3
04-30-2005, 03:38 PM
another tip: don't use the CO1 skull as your avatar. I've seen like 80 of those.

JoY
04-30-2005, 04:47 PM
people, who act like/think they've got it all figured out, always annoy the fuck out of me.

& if you want to come across as walking intelligence, please make sure it even remotely suits you.

0r4ng3
04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
also, if you're relatively new, dont change your profile/avatar/signature too much, people won't remember you (this coming from the person who just changed the signature for the 3rd time in a week)

coke_a_holic
04-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Another one, speak in complete sentences. If it's under the 10 character limit, it's probably not worth my time. Also, use a real language, not some sort of 1337 $|>34|<. I don't want need some sort of decyphering device to read what you're saying to me!

Eccentric Sara
04-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Damn it,I hate it when ppl post crap for the sake of it or post what I would count as "non-replies"! Hell,if you haven't got anything worth saying,don't say anything at all! Why do you think I have so few posts compared to other ppl who have been here for the same lengh of time as me? :rolleyes: There are ppl who have only been here a few weeks, and have over 1000 posts! Go for quality,not quantity,people!

0r4ng3
05-01-2005, 07:26 AM
^ i try for both quality and quanity. 1060+ posts in under a month and not to many pointless posts (unless you count polls of the day)

JoY
05-01-2005, 07:27 AM
all n00bs should seriously stop advising n00bs. it can only make this place worse.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-01-2005, 07:30 AM
2. DO be incredibly depressed. It works for theunholynightbringer so it should work for you

What the fuck? I'm not depressed at all. Sometimes, people just need fucking telling.

I'm getting far too many random mentions lately.

0r4ng3
05-01-2005, 07:32 AM
all n00bs should seriously stop advising n00bs. it can only make this place worse.
what exactly counts as a noob? post count, or time you've been here?

JoY
05-01-2005, 07:34 AM
time you've been here & a slight understanding of this place sometimes go together, but as it doesn't go for many members, I'll just stick to a slight understanding of the place. maybe it's just a slight understanding overal.

0r4ng3
05-01-2005, 07:37 AM
so, n00bism is more of a state of mind...

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I count "noob" as a term for someone who doesn't really know how this place works, and just posts ridiculous stuff to intentionally or unintentionally irritate people. And think they can win an argument against veteran members.

Some members I can think of spent literally a few posts in the "noob" stage. JohnnyNemesis stopped being a noob after about 2 posts.

JoY
05-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I'd say so, but I think many people use a different definition. mostly n00bs, according to my definition.

~KnIfE_jUgGlInG_fReAk~
05-01-2005, 09:55 AM
here's a little advice

1. DO NOT use the forum as a dating service, get out and find yourself a girl/boy friend that you can get real hugs from

3. Get a decent avatar and signature as soon as possible

4. DON'T give yourself an unoriginal name, think strange and/or disturbing

5. IGNORE all posts from trip boy, tripboy, tripper and other such people with similar names

6. TRY to get in with a nice senior member, it helped me

I hope this helps - Dan :D :D :D

thanks for the advice

Noodles is gay
05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
i have one; don't give youself a stupid username :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-01-2005, 09:59 AM
"Stupid" is in the eyes of the beholder.

wheelchairman
05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
My definition of n00b, is anyone who can't write in normal English. Unless they are from a non-Anglophonic country, then I give them some slack.

wheelchairman
05-01-2005, 10:03 AM
"Stupid" is in the eyes of the beholder.
This would be a good point, had your username not been 'The Unholy Night Bringer'.

Jesus.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-01-2005, 10:04 AM
"Stupid" to some is "Ridiculously Stupid" to others. I went for the latter.

Flexing Wings
05-01-2005, 10:19 AM
i think all this NOOB shit is a way to put others down, therefore making yourself feel better and more important... maybe to compensate for some other part of your life that is lacking i don't know...

FREE THE NOOBS

EDUCATE THE NOOBS!!!!!!

JoY
05-01-2005, 10:22 AM
EDUCATE THE NOOBS!!!!!!
that's why they're noobs & below us. they need to be educated.

Flexing Wings
05-01-2005, 10:24 AM
But technically I'M A "NOOB"

Flexing Wings
05-01-2005, 10:26 AM
And it fucks me off, all this condescending bullshit, it's hardly what you'd expect from a group of militant minded PUNKS who listen to music talking about hard it is to FIT IN

fuck.

wheelchairman
But technically I'M A "NOOB"
Yeah and your punctuation sucks.

And Joy, you have enough intellectual credibility to break the established rules for the mentally-inferior. That, and you're a master-debater.

JoY
depends on your definition.

wheelchairman
05-01-2005, 10:28 AM
And it fucks me off, all this condescending bullshit, it's hardly what you'd expect from a group of militant minded PUNKS who listen to music talking about hard it is to FIT IN

fuck.
Punk died over 30 years ago. The Offspring come from Orange County. Jesus, have you ever been to Orange County? It doesn't get more elitist.

JoY
05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah and your punctuation sucks.

And Joy, you have enough intellectual credibility to break the established rules for the mentally-inferior. That, and you're a master-debater.
*friendly smile*
I have to confess, maybe it's my incredibly China-sized headache, but I don't understand which rules you're now speaking of. I have the feeling I should understand (especially after being complimented for my intellect & debate-skillz, omg), so I'm going to drink some water, lay dow & check again later.

wheelchairman
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM
The ones I wrote earlier in this thread, about punctuation and all that jazz.

JoY
05-01-2005, 10:39 AM
ah, now you're making complete perfect sense to me.
I'm really blondly slow right now. *bows head in shame*

& I feel all unique & privileged now.<3