PDA

View Full Version : What happened with your life when the bbs was dead?

wliethof
11-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Well? I started uni and moved out. Living in a room on the other side of the country and settling in nicely. My uncle died of cancer after fighting it for 12 years. Went to england, england came here. errr.. that's about it i think.

lousyskater
11-03-2004, 07:35 AM
i remember at one point way back when, i used to frequent these boards, but at some point my account seemed to have just simply vanished. i then tried to make a new account but had no luck with that. so i stopped trying. i happened upon these boards this morning(mainly due to my chronic insomnia) and started a new account and started posting again.
________
Vaporizer Blend (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Kitten
11-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Waited for the boards to be active again, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't do anything till I could post here.
No seriously, studied, found out the studying to be a huge waste of time, started running a new website, and got a new car.

wliethof
11-03-2004, 07:47 AM
What does a driver's liscence cost? including lessons and exam..?

Vicky
11-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Urm..
Had my birthday.. Willem came here (of course) and I went there.. started college again, my parents are getting divorced.. umm.. think thats it.

Lars
11-03-2004, 08:00 AM
when did this place stop working, cause I can't remember.

Nina
11-03-2004, 08:01 AM
- studied. a lot. it payed off. most of it at least.
- relationship thingies.
- changed my room a million times
- convinced my parents that i need more freedom.
i go out at night a lot more often now.
- discovered how to make more money
- discovered how well i am able to spend it again.

bah. dont feel like typing.

Kitten
11-03-2004, 08:04 AM
What does a driver's liscence cost? including lessons and exam..?

Over here, if you want lessons (that is to say if your parents are too scared of your driving to actually try telling you what you are doing wrong) it can cost a fair bit.
It costs about $37 to get your permit, about $30 to $50 for each lesson.

As for drivers licence they hike the prices every year now (don't see what it is doing as the roads are still crap) and I paid $39 for mine this year.

Nina
11-03-2004, 08:07 AM
haha.
in germany you have to take a certain minimum
of lessons, plus the thingy itself already costs a
ton, so you end up paying 1500-2000 euro for
your driver's licence.
yes. really.

Kitten
11-03-2004, 08:13 AM
haha.
your driver's licence.
yes. really.

Thats a lot like over here now. You used to be able to get your p-plates once you proved to be a confident driver, no hours or anything. Now they have to do 50 hours minimum to even get a look in at the test for their provisionals, plus another test to get their second p-plates, then some more tests to get their actual unlimited licence. If I am wrong feel free to correct me, I got my licence on the old system.

wliethof
11-03-2004, 08:16 AM
haha.
your driver's licence.
yes. really.

here too. I wondered why people in america and other countries get their licences so early...

Lars
11-03-2004, 08:19 AM
here too. I wondered why people in america and other countries get their licences so early...

I think it has somthing to do with population control....

Goki
11-03-2004, 08:25 AM
hmm I started uni. & many other stuff I wouldn't bother typing.

Nina
11-03-2004, 08:37 AM

America is a huge country, streets are big, distances
are extremly big as well. nobody walks anywhere, at least
as far as i am informed. surely they walk around when
there are streets to shop in, but other than that.. o.0
so they all get licences and drive around. nobody seems
to use the bus over there, at least not the way Germany
and Holland do! (our whole system really IS different).
yup. hehe.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
11-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Nothing.

Im just posting because i want more posts. Im bad.

RXP
11-03-2004, 09:53 AM
When did the BBS go down?

ALOT of shit happened. But to summerise I learnt a lot about people, relationships the word 'friendship' and myself. Past year has been the most illuminating of my life.

vnzla_sh4dow
11-03-2004, 10:16 AM

here in my country all u have to do is pay some guy working at the office in where u get the licenses from like $50 and you donīt need to do any tests or take any lessons.... *cough* corruption *cough*!

Of course 2 weeks later and you have already crashed the car 5 times and killed 3 ppl! hehehe :p

BREAK
11-03-2004, 10:24 AM
I spent the whole time wishing was dead too. Never truly stopped.

wheelchairman
11-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Changes since the board crashed:
Take in count that I don't remember when it actually crashed:

1. School ended for the summer, got satisfactory grades.
2. Went to America.
3. Came back.
4. School started.
5. Joined Denmark's Communist Party Marxist-Leninist
6. Turned 18.
7. Now receive a huge-ass some of money from the state for being a student and having poor parents.

And that's what happened in a nutshell.

Lager_Lolly
11-03-2004, 10:59 AM
I became hugely depressed at being denied my right to post inane drivel on the net, so I joined a couple of blood & gore forums and posted there.

this place is my spiritual home however... :)

fairy call
11-03-2004, 11:24 AM
i got sent back home from school three times cause i had to change clothes
i worked as a cashier and i really really hated it, i fell in love with the cure, i saw the offspring and the distillers, and i realised how much school sucks

Vera
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Not much. Some emotional trauma not worth explaining, as it didn't lead to me getting a boyfriend or anything major like that.

Oh yeah. Went to Ireland. That's something, I guess.

Izie
11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Highschool ended.
I rocked highschool big time.
I won first place in a history competition, on the highest level in the country.
I got into uni in Serbia - history, was second on the list (we have lists of who can go in and who not).
I went to Belgium.
I passed my Dutch exam.
I got enrolled into uni here - political science.
I went home, got visa, came back to Belgium.
I am a permanent resident of Belgium.
My uni rocks.
On the bad side, I've had some emotional/psychological downs, but they were all cured by the miracle of little green pills!

I'll edit if I remember the things I've forgotten...

fairy call
11-03-2004, 11:34 AM
oh! where do you do political science? and what year? my brother does it too in gent, his first year

ThrashedThrasher
11-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Hmm...Nothing all that important. Plenty of anger rising though. Catching your boyfriend with another girl and then finding out she's not the only one can ruin your emotional status permanently. Uhm...I'm now a national honor student even though I'm not in highschool yet. Transferred to 2 different schools ended up getting expelled from both of them then came back here to this hell hole. Eh...what else, oh yeah my friends are a bunch of trendy assholes now ahh I feel so alone everyone should feel bad for me now j/k but yes...I'm a loner again wo0o0o0o The only friend I really have currently lives in Idaho because he's stupid. And the coolest thing ever! Is that....my band W.RIOT got back together yay!

Tired_Of_You
11-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Nothing really important

-I finished my secondary 4 so now it's my last year of high school
-had a boring summer
-turned 16, saw a show for my birthday, drank too much
-I never played guitar that much
-My step father finally has a job...not permanent but anyway...

Izie
11-03-2004, 04:05 PM
oh! where do you do political science? and what year? my brother does it too in gent, his first year

First year, but Antwerp ;)

Betty
11-03-2004, 04:08 PM
-Worked in a chem lab all summer
-Went to lots of concerts
-Hung out with the boys
-Worst summer weather of my life
-Started third year university
-Partying

Yup. That's about it.

the_GoDdEsS
11-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Lots of things. I went to Berlin for three months. I got an awesome jobby there. We organized a huge international camp with a lot of young people from all over Europe. I've been on stage. yay. I've moderated discussions. I spoke three languages every day at that camp, made it to a famous German newspaper. It was a huge self-confidence boost since everyone admired me and my work. Then I did some bilingual project about the Berlin city for tourist groups. Gonna sell well.
I came back home in August. I still cooperate with my colleagues although I don't work there any more. They want me for next year too.
I felt so grown up this year, I tell you!

Got back to uni in September. Passed the first state exam. Graduating.
So my professional life was really better than I had expected it to be.

Well, private life failing of course. Not everything has to be perfect. Had a boyo during the summer. Nothing serious though. We broke up in July. And it was a good thing to do. And now I'm single. Sorta. Hopefully only till May.

Chris
11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
passed the first year of uni pretty easily, had a very comfortable four months summer holiday (shame about it being a washout) and finally back again in my second year - can't really remember much from over the summer...bad memory and all

fairy call
11-04-2004, 02:56 AM
First year, but Antwerp ;)

oh, ok :rolleyes:

wliethof
11-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Redecorated my room just now. pfft.

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Well I was sad that the BBS was down because that is where I got a lot of my information, but I never really talked to anyone. I really wanted it to come back though! And now it is here and I am really happy :p

~mandy~

JoY
11-04-2004, 08:49 AM
what happened with my life??
I fell head over heels in love with my housemate, who I am happily together with at the moment & have been over the past.. what is it?? four, five months?... I failed my year of medicine, thanks to the leg I broke, when I was drunk... I became a jazz & gipsy violiniste, not only just in the band I play in... I still smoke like a fucken chimney... I go to the studentclub at least once a week on wednesdays, which is way yay... that's by the way more often, than the times I'm at the faculty of university... I'm still the neurotic, nailbiting, hyperactive sillyhead... I almost lost a good friend to suicide...

there've been great moments, there've been horrible moments, but overal my life is busy, wonderful & beautiful. even without the bbs. :p (<- *that* one.. is awsomely cute, by the way)

wliethof
11-04-2004, 11:13 AM
got a 6.2 for my first uni exam. woohoo

Andy
11-04-2004, 12:59 PM
i got a job. nurse andy at your service

RXP
11-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Ha I might see your ass round campus :-o

JoY
11-05-2004, 06:33 AM
i got a job. nurse andy at your service
HEY, I've been a nurse for five weeks too, during the time the bbs was dead.
*high fives* kick ass.

Mota Boy
11-05-2004, 07:22 AM
I had a fucking awesome summer - they just keep getting better and better. I stayed at school for a month to go to class for a couple hours a day, but generally sit around and relax. Then, the weekend of my final (and only) paper, I drove up to D.C. to intern there for a couple months on both sides of the system (first for the government itself and then for a private lobbying group). A lot of suit-wearing, drinking, meeting and touring in the nation's capital and, might I say, one kick-ass city. Then I packed my bags and went on a three week roadtrip around the Northeast to see friends from highschool and college, going to New York City, Connecticut, Niagara Falls and Boston (where I met up with 1565 one afternoon) before heading home, at each place crashing with a friend's family. I got home in time for one week's rest before heading off to college.

Yeah, good times.

Andy
11-05-2004, 01:33 PM
HEY, I've been a nurse for five weeks too, during the time the bbs was dead.
*high fives* kick ass.

agreed, go nurses!

Ha I might see your ass round campus :-o

only if you either use the train to Lichfield, or you ever venture to the Hospital, biatch

Rilex
12-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Ohh, I tried to find some other forum and I run up to Goth forum, so I became a Goth!!!

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Ooh, good topic.

I grew my hair and waited for the BBS to come back up.

Chris
12-05-2004, 01:04 PM
you grew your hair for almost half a year without cutting it? kudos to you

Little_Miss_1565
12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Got an internship in Boston thanks to my work in college radio, dated a lot, went to a lot of shows, had buckets of fun.

And now that the board is back--I'm at home, no dating, no shows, no fun. Coincidence? ;)

Naz
12-05-2004, 03:44 PM
I havent been here for well over a year

* I passed my driving test
* Managed to get an art diploma and now im studying 'Digital Screen Arts' at University
* Decided my ideal career is music video directing or rock photography/ journalism
* Adorned by body with some tattoos
*Lots of amazing gigs
* Met up with Kayleigh from the board a few more times and continued with our gigs, piercings, tattoos and perv hunting
* Got a great job where im actually happy to be
* Dyed my hair
* Lots of the usual crappy family problems
* A few of the usual crappy boyfriend situations too

I havent done anything exciting. Reading back i've actually been really boring.

Tijs
12-05-2004, 04:06 PM
F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5 - F5...............

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2004, 04:19 PM
you grew your hair for almost half a year without cutting it? kudos to you

Well I had the odd split-end trim. But I didnt have any major cuts, obviously. And I'm never having it short again. Ask any old people, it wasn't a pretty sight.

Chris
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
the only good thing about short hair is that you can just crawl outta bed without worrying about looking a mess :o

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Well when it's really long, you could just stick it in a ponytail. But at the moment it's long enough that it looks dreadful in a morning, but it's not long enough to stick in a ponytail. I hate this stage.