PDA

View Full Version : Rate this song

Talman
05-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Haven't checked the forums for months, but i'm back. Basically my band are trying to figure out what songs to put on our next recording. so if you could listen to this song then tell me what you think that'd be great. It's just a demo version, so it's not perfect. It's called got a gun. www.schoolofassassins.co.uk/gotagun.wma

You can stream the song from the site. No downloads needed. I know this should be in the other band forum, but i need opinions quickly as we're recording again very soon.

So if you can be arsed, have a listen.

Talman
05-01-2005, 07:09 AM
the vocals are bad at the start of the song. They were done in someone's house. As i said, it'd only a demo, but thanks for the feedback.

Mariachi_pinguin
05-01-2005, 07:39 AM
ya, it sounds like your atempring to make an offspring song without the offspring. the vocals suck, make it better. Other than that, your ok...

Talman
05-01-2005, 07:44 AM
to be honest i don't think it sounds much like offspring. I dunno if you listened to the whole song or not, but after the first verse the vocals sound alot better.

thanks for the feedback though.

Talman
05-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Some time later I'll try & put my finger on the song of the offspring it reminds me of. Where the deuce did the vocals get better???

But the melody is okay.

Maria

IMO there's nothing wrong with the vocals in the chorus. But this is just a demo - meaning the song won't be released like this. it'll be re-recorded and the vocals will be done again. The demo is just a general idea of how the song should sound.

Talman
05-01-2005, 08:48 AM
I wasn't getting worked up over it. But anyway, i need more opinions, so more feedback please people...

Talman
05-02-2005, 08:31 AM
still need feedback. it'd be appreciated.

ASP
05-02-2005, 06:44 PM
It's not that bad. You may have to better to be able to cut a record deal. The vocals don't go with the music. Your singer will have to be a little louder or you'll have to tone the music down a little bit. The music does sound good as it is dispite the singer thing. All around, you show the promise of a good band. It is a very good song and I wish you luck in getting your band off of the ground. If you can get your first record deal, I believe that you can go places. Kudos my friend.