PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a hardcore modder (compuer cases)?

RXP
05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
I just got into it. It's fucking fun. Expensive hobby though. I can't wait till I have enough money to make a water cooled system just for fun.

HornyPope
05-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Modifying computer cases is for homosexual geeks. You heard me.

Water cooling system really doesn't justify the price unless you specifically want your computer to be the top notch. There are cooling systems for under 200$ (forget their names) which will enable you to clock a 3ghz into a 4ghz. Personally, I have an antec fan for 50$ cooling down my extremly hot 3ghz Prescott cpu but even there I can squize a 15% overclocking rate to 3.45ghz for stable response. It can go slightly over 70degrees when on a full load, but it never the less remains responsibe. Idle is at around 57 celcius.

RXP
05-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah but you know I'm a fucking geek.

I also got a LCD display of my chinky house mates dad for 65. Bargain. I got it running a multi mointor setup. I can have remote desktop on teh LCD controling my new computer and be posting on this here BBS in the other.

Multi monitor rocks.

HornyPope
05-01-2005, 10:05 PM
That's actually a fducking good idea. I already ran a few virtual machines for work off my main computer, I wonder if I could buy a new monitor and adapt it to the virtual machine. This way I get TWO machines for the price of hardware of ONE. Of course it means a lot of ram, but I have 2gigs on my machine.

HornyPope
05-01-2005, 10:12 PM
OH yeah I was fixing parent's computer (which I bought and used until it got old) only to realize the motherfucking idiots somehow managed to short circuit it. I'm hoping maybe some elements were somehow spared, but I lack the enviroment to hold a decent troubleshooting sessions.

RXP
05-02-2005, 03:07 AM
You can get this hardware that lets you plug it into the main comp and attach a second screen/monitor/mouse/keyboard/sound to it. That's the best thing for you.

Here's (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14294&item=5191997846&rd=1) one on ebay going right now.

I got one myself but the thing is I can only get a hold of Win2k drivers online. The company charge $95 for WinXP drivers.

RXP
05-02-2005, 03:54 AM
Check out pics of my case

http://spaces.msn.com/members/rxp91/