PDA

View Full Version : Sex Changes should be illegal

ruroken
05-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Because, in a sense, that's also playing God.

Let me force two animals to screw or ban sex changes!!! :mad:

the_offspring_rox_mi_soxs
05-05-2005, 08:55 AM
no they should! ppl should be able 2 change if they want 2 :)

ruroken
05-05-2005, 08:58 AM
no they should! ppl should be able 2 change if they want 2 :)
Hell no. If we can't breed 2 animals, then people shouldn't be able to change how they were made.

the_offspring_rox_mi_soxs
05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
if ppl arent happy the way they are thet should be able 4 change

notoriousdoc
05-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Ruru', you've gone off the edge now, you appear to have become TOTALLY socially retarded

Aimeht
05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Disagree. I wouldn't want to live with the feeling that I'm in a wrong body.

ruroken
05-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Ruru', you've gone off the edge now, you appear to have become TOTALLY socially retarded
Free thoughts and free speech. So fuck off, asshole.

notoriousdoc
05-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Free thoughts and free speech. So fuck off, asshole.

Aww, I hate being nasty, sorry Ruru'...

But I exercised my right to free speech as well :confused:

ruroken
05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Aww, I hate being nasty, sorry Ruru'...

But I exercised my right to free speech as well :confused:
I just feel that it's also playing God.

notoriousdoc
05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
I just feel that it's also playing God.

And what about abortions?
Or organ transplants?
Or contraception?

TripFag
05-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Because, in a sense, that's also playing God.

Let me force two animals to screw or ban sex changes!!! :mad:
Take some midol motherfucker.

notoriousdoc
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Take some midol motherfucker.

Take some vallium, you'll feel better

And where the hell is NiG?

ruroken
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Take some vallium, you'll feel better

And where the hell is NiG?
Who's NiG?

nieh
05-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Hell no. If we can't breed 2 animals, then people shouldn't be able to change how they were made.

You can't breed two animals because it's not possible! If they're not in the same genus, the sperm won't fertilize the egg. Even if they're the same genus and a different species, it will fertilize but they'll be born sterile.

that being said...I have no opinion as to whether or not a law should be in place...but it kinda bothers me that such a procedure exists in the first place.

notoriousdoc
05-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Who's NiG?

Noodles is Gay AKA Jen

Not Ozymandias
05-06-2005, 12:59 AM
It should be illegal because these freaks don't realize they're dooming themselves to a life of pleasureless sex.

T-6005
05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
It should be illegal because these freaks don't realize they're dooming themselves to a life of pleasureless sex.

......How could someone do that to themselves?

I can't wrap my mind around the concept of pleasureless sex. Thank god I'm happy as a male.

Rye
05-06-2005, 07:53 PM
^Agreed.

What if some people don't believe in god, aswell? There are many viewpoints out there, Ruroken. Maybe you should grow up some before opening your mouth. I suggest puberty as a start.

undesiredhope17
05-06-2005, 10:28 PM
hey, if someone wants to change their sex, that is totally up to them. If they are willing to live like that and be happier, more power to them. What they do in their life doesn't directly affect me. The real question here is should we be allowed to force our beliefs on others just because we don't like what others want to do to themselves? just my 2 cents

look-out
05-08-2005, 08:07 AM
I agree to a certain extent about the "playing god" thing but these people are not hurting anyone (except maybe themselfs) so why should they be denied the one thing that will make them happy.

Little_Miss_1565
05-08-2005, 09:50 AM
And what about abortions?
Or organ transplants?
Or contraception?

Don't even try to dodge this bullet, ruroken. This is an excellent point (or rather, set of points, but you get the idea). If you think sex changes should be made illegal because it's "playing god," then you must think that lifesaving procedures like organ transplants would also be playing god because humans are going against what must be god's will by replacing someone's organ.

Also, were you to propose a bill banning sex changes on the basis that it's "playing god," whose god do you propose to stake your claim on?

leo3375
05-08-2005, 12:49 PM
See, I believe that it is possible to be born as one gender physically but mentally be another gender. You hear a lot of stories of people who don't feel right as the gender they were born as physically. Hell, there are even children out there who feel like a boy trapped in a girl's body and vice versa. Why not give them the opportunity to physically become what they are mentally and emotionally?

ruroken
05-08-2005, 12:54 PM
ugh... this is making me puke... i hope i never go in my thread again...

JohnnyNemesis
05-08-2005, 01:48 PM

This could easily be remedied if you just stopped making so many threads.

Little_Miss_1565
05-08-2005, 02:22 PM

http://www.carf.demon.co.uk/images/condon.jpg

the_GoDdEsS
05-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Actually this topic is pretty good, except ruroken should learn not to ruin his own threads.

I'm pro sex change, definitely. Out of all those reasons previously stated.

jackedoffjill
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
if u ban sex changes then u gotta ban plastic surgery too,cos anything to change ur apearance shouldnt be allowed,how can it be playing with god,if this so called god gave u a brain that thinks like the opposite gender!!!!

Bad_Girl
05-09-2005, 07:41 PM
i think you should mind your own business. it's not your body. it's not your life. so it's not your choice. They are not hurting anyone.

JohnnyNemesis
05-09-2005, 08:00 PM
if u ban sex changes then u gotta ban plastic surgery too,cos anything to change ur apearance shouldnt be allowed,how can it be playing with god,if this so called god gave u a brain that thinks like the opposite gender!!!!

You're amazing.

Rye
05-09-2005, 08:22 PM

Wow, you just beat ruroken even in e-bonics. What does this tell us?

jackedoffjill
05-10-2005, 05:30 AM
im saying they shouldnt be illegal,im all for them not against!!! doesnt make much sense if u can change ur body,why u cant change ur gender,after all its just another form of plastic surgery.

Rye
05-10-2005, 10:59 PM
We know what you meant...

T-6005
05-11-2005, 03:52 AM
I agree. My earlier comment about the sex aside - although seriously, how could you? - people's bodies belong to them (in most cases, hopefully, for this type of choice), and if they feel that changing their sex will honestly be a change for the better and that they will feel more comfortable as a member of the opposite sex, then that is their choice to make.

T-6005
05-11-2005, 03:53 AM
On the other hand, the human race has hardly had a perfect record of choices up until this point.

Seiraryu
05-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Rye vaguely hit on what I was going to say when I began reading this thread with his/her first post.

Thing is, the law is godless. Religion is a seperate entity from State, or did you never take a civics course? You cannot make laws based on religious circumstances or reasons. At least not in the United States (and most other countries). It simply can't happen. It's anticonstitutional, and the congress, no matter who they are or what political party they belong to, will run the risk of applying such politically hazardous reasoning to such a poorly thought law.

The fact that people may feel they were born in the wrong body is completely up to that person. You have gay people, who like what they are, and like others of the kind. There's transvestites (many of them not actually gay) who simply wear the other gender's stereotypical style of clothing (this is mainly attributed to men wearing women's attire, since women have been wearing what was traditionally considered men's attire for decades now) and then there's transgenders, who simply feel more comfortable changing their sex. If you don't like it, don't think about it.

God has nothing to do with it. The pope doesn't like condoms, or any other type of control applied to sexual intercourse. Does that mean that you always bareback? Or do you use condoms anyway, because you know better?

There's no such thing as playing God. If God does indeed exist, then s/he's an omnipotent entity--you can't play omnipotence--that's why the word begins with the prefix "omni."

Now please, go listen to NoFX's "My Vagina." Please. I beg of you. I want to know if your brain explodes afterwards.

Revolver-2005?
05-12-2005, 07:13 AM

there is no god, so if people would like to play a FICTIONAL character, then let them...we can do it in movies cant we?

T-6005
05-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Rye vaguely hit on what I was going to say when I began reading this thread with his/her first post.

Thing is, the law is godless. Religion is a seperate entity from State, or did you never take a civics course? You cannot make laws based on religious circumstances or reasons. At least not in the United States (and most other countries). It simply can't happen. It's anticonstitutional, and the congress, no matter who they are or what political party they belong to, will run the risk of applying such politically hazardous reasoning to such a poorly thought law.

The fact that people may feel they were born in the wrong body is completely up to that person. You have gay people, who like what they are, and like others of the kind. There's transvestites (many of them not actually gay) who simply wear the other gender's stereotypical style of clothing (this is mainly attributed to men wearing women's attire, since women have been wearing what was traditionally considered men's attire for decades now) and then there's transgenders, who simply feel more comfortable changing their sex. If you don't like it, don't think about it.

God has nothing to do with it. The pope doesn't like condoms, or any other type of control applied to sexual intercourse. Does that mean that you always bareback? Or do you use condoms anyway, because you know better?

There's no such thing as playing God. If God does indeed exist, then s/he's an omnipotent entity--you can't play omnipotence--that's why the word begins with the prefix "omni."

Now please, go listen to NoFX's "My Vagina." Please. I beg of you. I want to know if your brain explodes afterwards.

Despite the fact that you agree with me on the general issue, I have to call attention to several of your points.

"You cannot make laws based on religious circumstances"? What sort of bullshit is that? Of course you can. Simply because in theory the government of most democratic countries is secular and therefore not connected to an organized does not mean that laws cannot be based on religious statutes. Religions function as sources of moral guidance, and assuming that laws are based on a model of right and wrong, then this is to some degree influenced by one's religion.

The point is, you cannot make a law without excluding religion, in the current day. The individual thinks according to his own morals, apparently, but these are to a large extent fixed by required behavioral standards set by his or her religon (see mormons and substance use) as to become a part of the person's own moral code. In this way, religion does affect the lawmaking process.

notoriousdoc
05-12-2005, 10:46 AM

Didn't the US try to make a law against abortions though?

Seiraryu
05-12-2005, 01:24 PM
"You cannot make laws based on religious circumstances"? What sort of bullshit is that? Of course you can. Simply because in theory the government of most democratic countries is secular and therefore not connected to an organized does not mean that laws cannot be based on religious statutes. Religions function as sources of moral guidance, and assuming that laws are based on a model of right and wrong, then this is to some degree influenced by one's religion.

It isn't bullshit. What I meant was that laws cannot be created because a secular part of the country thinks something is wrong for religious reasons; something that doesn't harm anyone and that is a personal choice.

Sure, religion guides morals, and that's fine. But you can't create a law simply because it's against a religion. If the law is morally based, abortion for example, it's more than just religious, even though religion is what most touches on it when people protest, etc.

For example: Bush would love to outlaw gay marriages all over the United States. But he can't. Which is why each state voted on it seperately.

Anyway, the point is--religion can't soley be the reason for a state law; though there have been many that tip over the line. Meh.

pulse
05-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't think it needs to be made illegal. When a person who get's a sex change finaly relizes they spent a crapload of money on sex change surgery just because they didn't have enough self esteem to be themselfs is punishment enough.

darko
05-18-2005, 12:08 PM
even if it was illegal, they would still find away to do it

notoriousdoc
05-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Go down Mexico way?http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/microwave.gif

Cejus
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
It's just my opinion but... LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT TO!!! Does it really matters to you if someone changes it's sex? Does it affect you in some way? So, let them change it's sex if they feel bad.

notoriousdoc
05-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Let them have some fun, I say ;)

panzor41
05-20-2005, 03:41 AM
o god.....^

Skip91
05-20-2005, 05:24 AM
It's just my opinion but... LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT TO!!! Does it really matters to you if someone changes it's sex? Does it affect you in some way? So, let them change it's sex if they feel bad.

yeah i agree
even though having sex changes is so weird........ :(

Kitten
05-20-2005, 06:10 AM
I have nothing against people going and getting sex changes. If they are willing to go that far to change themselves, it's pretty obvious they feel they are doing the right thing for them.
Plus, it's simply none of my business if they choose to do so.