PDA

View Full Version : Hi Mom!

Mota Boy
05-09-2005, 09:04 PM
So one day, years and years ago, I was watching a TLC special on Mardi Gras with my sibs. It featured a good mixture of profession and amatuer clips of the parades and the nightlife. I happened to have been in a parade there when I was younger (long story short, I'm awesome) and my sister said to me "wouldn't it be funny if you were on the show?". Not five minutes later my face makes a brief appearance on national TV.

Yes, it's a cable show. Yes, I was an anonymous prepubescent in a ridiculous costume, but I was on TV. Nationwide. It blew my mind. I also had a friend who appeared on "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago". He came in second to a "total bitch".

Have you had any likewise brushes with fame?

Rye
05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I was in the local newspaper ten times the past summer, but 8/10 my name was just in a list for scoring ten or more points in a swim meet. Since swimming gets no respect around here, all the names were in like size 4 font.

Endymion
05-09-2005, 09:16 PM
i'm on carrot top's hit list for loudly refering to him as gallagher in public.

Betty
05-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I saw Drew Carrey and crew at the airport to my little insignificant city. Does that count?

Oh man...

Rye
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
You can also google my name, and I come up in the fourth hit.

DirtyMagical
05-09-2005, 09:26 PM
umm... i've seen myself in close ups of the audience in a talk show, which was actually rather interesting, since the guest that was on the show, was some guy that was convinced that TV was the devil, and he was wearing a "Kill Your Television" Shirt... heh funny shit.

also in the audience during some interviews with, pink(i was 13 shuddup), Red hot chilli peppers, the summer sanitarium interview special, few times on speakers corner, much on demand accidently.

also saw glimpses of myself when the choir I was a part of was doing an Olympics themed performance in the Kremli "theater". that was when I was 10 or so..

nothing too good, just random bits=/

the_GoDdEsS
05-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Funnily enough never in my own country.

My name/picture was in three local newspapers in Poland.

Izie and I were being interviewed and ended up on TV in Serbia. Hahaha. Due to the silliest thing ever.

And my name was in one of Gemany's daily newspapers. I almost collapsed.

DirtyMagical
05-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, I got interviewed on violence amongst girls in front of my school once, it was kinda entertaining that the interviewer nor the cameraman didn't mind a joint being passed around in the background of the interview between people that were alse interviewed. Never got to see it...but oh well.

Dive
05-09-2005, 10:14 PM
My name is always in the paper. Never been on TV though. The local news team is always milling around my campus, but I always dodge them because they're extremely incompetent.

sKratch
05-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Once a bitch ran a red light and totaled my car. It was in the local paper and there was a picture of the accident scene. Lemme dig it up...
http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/accident.jpg
Other than that, there were several small things that aren't really worth mentioning, like winter track, school musicals, and being the salutatorian. I don't think I ever reached the national eye.

notoriousdoc
05-09-2005, 11:43 PM
magazines and local newspapers, yes. I wrote a letter about how good a certain column was, check the column here - www.hellsgeriatrics.co.uk/devils-adv.htm

and micromart's microsoft paint competition

Endymion
05-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Once a bitch ran a red light and totaled my car. It was in the local paper and there was a picture of the accident scene. Lemme dig it up...
http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/accident.jpg
Other than that, there were several small things that aren't really worth mentioning, like winter track, school musicals, and being the salutatorian. I don't think I ever reached the national eye.

who's this bozena... a cute sister, mayhaps?

sKratch
05-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I have only a brother. She's a mom. Back off! :E

Endymion
05-10-2005, 12:03 AM
don't worry, i don't go for chicks more than five or six years older than me.

sneedo
05-10-2005, 12:43 AM
no milfs dude?

RXP
05-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Milfs are fucking hot. There's something about 35-40 year olds who are really hot that turns me on.

Endymion
05-10-2005, 12:49 AM
nah, not for me.

RXP
05-10-2005, 12:50 AM
MILfs love the physics geeks tho. You'd be in there.

JoY
05-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I've been on Canadian television?
& on the radio several times, either promoting the orchestra I was a member of, playing the violin, or when I called to request a song. but I'm guessing everyone's been on the radio once or twice. & a couple of times in 5 different Dutch newspapers, also promoting my orchestra. all not too exciting, though I found it exciting at the time.

Endymion
05-10-2005, 12:53 AM
MILfs love the physics geeks tho. You'd be in there.

i can get me some teenage honeys with my mad physics skillz, yo.

RXP
05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I want pictorial evidence.

Izie
05-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Izie and I were being interviewed and ended up on TV in Serbia. Hahaha. Due to the silliest thing ever.

Hahaha, yes we were! Because, what can I say, I know how to make people have a good time :p

I've been on the Tv a few times, first there was some history quiz we participated in (and fuckingly lost, due to the sheer incompetence of some of my team-mates, ARR! But that's okay, it was stupid anyway.), then there was a school debate (where I so amazingly kicked the asses of the opposite team, HAR), aaaand... And I've been on our home vidoes, but that's my least favourite appearance of them all.

I think some TV filmed prize-awarding for another history competition, but I don't think they ever actually showed it. Or at least I've never seen it.

Tizzalicious
05-10-2005, 02:24 AM
I was on TV when I was in the audience when Hanson were doing a TV show here in Holland...

And I've been interviewed for a magazine...

And I was in 2 other magazines yeaaaaaaaars ago when I met Hanson and me and my friends thought it'd be funny to send in the pictures to a few mags...haha :o

Mota Boy
05-10-2005, 07:13 AM
You can also google my name, and I come up in the fourth hit.
If you Google my name, I'm the only hit.

I've also appeared in the local paper multiple times, but I don't really count that, as our town is so shit-small that car crashes make the front page.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Am I the only person more interested in the Carmen Sandiego experience? I fucking loved that show and watched it religiously. Get some info from your buddy and report back ASAP.

Vera
05-10-2005, 07:29 AM
My neck appeared in the evening news while my friend was being interviewed about language education in schools or something as interesting as that.

Oh! And the biggest newspaper made this "exposť" type of thingy about the "reality of junior high schools" where this reporter would occasionally come to our school and interview us. This girl I was paired up in Home Economics was interviewed and the reporter asked me to tag along. I didn't like the girl and she did most of the talking anyway, blabbing on about what kind of groups there are, "the cool kids who care about clothing", "the nerds" and "the normals". Then I commented something in the style of "The so-called cool kids can be totally rude and obnoxious, thinking they're all that," and I got quoted on the paper as "the quiet girl". All the names were changed anyway so not much of a loss.