PDA

View Full Version : how you got into offspring

Dantai
11-04-2004, 06:42 AM
how and when did you get into the offspring?

i believe mine was when i was at my mates house he showed me pretty fly on tv and my little brother bought the americana album and i loved pretty fly lol

then after my brother lost intretest in the offspring i took over and i love ther americana album its one of the best lol after that the same mate lent me smash and i was hooked! after that i believe i heard ignition and the rest is history lol this was back in 1998-99 lol

Best Band Ever lol

fairy call
11-04-2004, 06:51 AM
i heard pretty fly for a white guy when i was 11, and then i bought al lthe albums, i hate that song now :rolleyes:

Dantai
11-04-2004, 06:52 AM
lol you cant hate the song its a good song!

i find it hard to believe it was number one while hit that was number 7 was it in the uk? lol

pretty fly was number 1 on my birthday what a treat lol ... yeh .. lol

fairy call
11-04-2004, 07:08 AM
i dont think hit that got in to the top 10 here in belgium, they havent had that much success in belgium since pretty fly

jimmyjimjimz
11-04-2004, 07:11 AM
I just graduated from 6th grade. I was at a resturant with people in my class and we were over by the juke box playing songs. It was about a year after Smash came out. People kept playing songs off Smash. Since then, I've been hooked.

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Sadly I didn't actually get into the Offspring until CO1 came out. My friend brought over the CD and I didn't want to turn it off. It all came off of that. Now I am a full out Offspring Fan :):):) I wish I had become a fan back when smash came out.. but I would of been 4 lol

~mandy~

wheelchairman
11-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Hmm it would be because of Pretty Fly. I liked that song quite a bit when I first heard it. Didn't really buy the album until a while later when it became quite popular.

Not particularly interested in The Offspring anymore now, but I still like them.

fairy call
11-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Hmm it would be because of Pretty Fly. I liked that song quite a bit when I first heard it. Didn't really buy the album until a while later when it became quite popular.

Not particularly interested in The Offspring anymore now, but I still like them.

its the same here, i dont love them as much as i used to, but they're ok, i dont think i will buy their next album either. i like their earlier stuff better anyway

BREAK
11-04-2004, 08:10 AM
I heard "All I Want" back in early 1997, when Ixnay had first come out. My life has been all downhill since then...

Izie
11-04-2004, 08:27 AM
My best friend in 7th grade liked them, mostly for Pretty Fly. Then i had to listen to it, a lot. Then I decided to by Americana, but there wasn't any left so I bought Smash instead, and Ixnay (yeah, fake CDs cost 2€ in Serbia, and you can't blame me for buying them, because at the time there were NO original CDs to be bought. Anywhere).

Then I spent some time of my life desperately looking for Ignition and Selftitled, only to feel my life was complete when I got them.

In the meantime I joined this board... And there was no turning back.

wliethof
11-04-2004, 08:29 AM
I liked pretty fly, but not lots. My brother did though, he bought Americana. When I heard the other songs on it I stole it off him and sterted getting other albums.

Blackball
11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
yeah I was about 13 when americania came out, I saw the offspring on top of the pops and noticed something different, Americania was the first album I bought and I loved it (and still do) then I talked to my mates about it and found out about the other albums and eventually bought them all (although it took a while to find them all) Then I went to see them live at MEN manchester and it was a great gig and I haven't really looked back since.

Chris
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
hearing Ixnay that my friend had bought, back in '99 I think - just a progression from that I suppose

Fozzy
11-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Then I went to see them live at MEN manchester and it was a great gig .

OMG! ME TOO! Lol.. fooking awesome night!

I started listening to offspring when i was starting high school.. so 98/99

mangouste
11-04-2004, 11:19 AM
well, my older brother bought smash in 94, and that was it! i was a fan!!

the_GoDdEsS
11-04-2004, 11:20 AM
I really liked All I Want on the radio. Twas like a little rebel song for me. But when I really decided I was into the band was after Pretty Fly. I wanted to get Americana but since it was sold out I ended up buying Ixnay and fell in love with it right away. It's still my fave. And then I got all the others a few months later. A little obsession it used to be.

Marit
11-04-2004, 11:34 AM
I saw "Pretty fly" on MTV, or something like that.

Zee
11-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Well, back in kid Smash was huge over here, everyone had it, I taped it on cassette. Somehow I forgot them for a while, I remember brother borrowing Ixnay but it didn't catch me for good. I was only an average fan back then.

Then came Pretty Fly and I was hooked. I listened to my Smash cassette again and went to buy the CD. Later on got them all. This made me a real fan.

noodlesfan
11-04-2004, 12:26 PM
yeah, in '94 i got smash and i got every one afterwards(even club me)

dirty_magic
11-04-2004, 12:54 PM
i was intoduced to them by my mate just before co1 came out at the same sort of time as original prankster came out. so bought co1 although it is my least favourite album!

ThrashedThrasher
11-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Ehm...My parents, my cousin Tosha was really into 'em when Americana came out and also when Americana came out my ex buddy Sean was in love with 'em so I guess I caught on then but I've liked 'em since I was 6.

SicN Twisted
11-04-2004, 02:42 PM
All I want, in the videogame crazy taxi. Fuck, I love that game so much.

What other Offspring song was in that game, I forget...

giggles
11-04-2004, 02:50 PM
i was young :p stupid and i've been listened to pop etc. and then, few years ago, my sister starter to listen punk, and rock, and metal, and she brouhth 'smash' and it was the end of pop:p i fell in love with offspring :) actually, i'm still in love :D

Inuyasha
11-04-2004, 02:52 PM
when i saw the original prankster video, i really like the song so my friend bought the cd for my birthday, and i liked it then i bought all the cds :D

Idiot
11-04-2004, 03:03 PM
I got into them after playing Crazy Taxi 2 on the Dreamcast. I then got some more of their songs from a friend and began to really like them. Another friend copied me all of their albums (except for Splinter, this was in 2001) and after listening to all of them several times decided they were my favourite band.
Not so much anymore, but I still listen to them a lot.

Subsidal
11-05-2004, 09:21 AM
I saw Dexter on TV (Pretty Fly vid) & thought 'Damn this guy is fucking hot!!' .. .. a bit later I thought 'and the music isn't that bad either'. Since that day I'm obsessed with their music (not Dexter, their music)

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
When I was 9 my brother brought home his friend's Smash CD and made me listen to Bad Habit.

JoY
11-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry to burst everyone's emo bubble of sentiment, but I never did.

sKratch
11-05-2004, 11:23 AM
How I got into the Offspring? KY Jelly.

I'veGoneAway
11-05-2004, 12:33 PM
what?? what happened to the orginals.... come to America where the CD stores are plentiful! -cough-Americas better than EUrope after all we have a cd named after us-cough-

Master of Puppets
11-05-2004, 02:01 PM
when i was first getting into music, roughly 3 years ago, i used to hear come out and play and gotta get away a lot, loved em and i got smash, but didnt get any of their other stuff until last year when i got hooked and got all the cds

ihatechrissneed
11-05-2004, 02:11 PM
what?? what happened to the orginals.... come to America where the CD stores are plentiful! -cough-Americas better than EUrope after all we have a cd named after us-cough-
yea, one of their worst...

I'veGoneAway
11-05-2004, 03:09 PM
yea, one of their worst...

This is Keally's friend, Mads, another Offspring lover, who is the one responsible for her current addiction to this awesome band, we all know and love, as the Offspring. Obviously, Americana is better than Europicana because it doesn't exist. You don't know what the hell your talking about, because personally, I think most of their BEST songs are on this amazing album. So shut the motherfuck up and leave her alone. because she hasn't done a damn thing to you and I do not appreciate your hostility towards her and all Americans. Practice your english, get a job, get a life.
Thanks and sincerely yours,
Mads.

lousyskater
11-05-2004, 04:58 PM
i heard All i Want on the radio and i thought: "who the fuck is this band? they kick ass!" after the song was over, the Dj said that it was by the offspring on their newest album Ixnay on the Hombre. that same day they played Meaning of Life and I Choose, and i was convinced to buy the album. i got it the next day, andmy taste in music was changed for ever...
________
affair Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/housewives/)

pie.
11-06-2004, 01:01 AM
when i first got the smash album.
*awesome*

*licks on a popsicle* :D

QuickKill
11-06-2004, 08:33 AM
I use to listen to them when I was little at my cousin house but never really got in to them, Untill my little brother got the Tekken Movie and I heard Meaning of Life, on it. I picked up the Ixnay On The Hombre album from there on just been a big fan.

LightningRod
11-06-2004, 09:37 AM
I was young(er) impressionable, and trying to fit in; I bought Americana because every one at school liked Pretty Fly for a White Guy, I listened to the whole album and found that I liked the songs that no one else liked too well. Needless to say I don't fit in too much any more but I don't mind, its all about the music right?

Dumb Donut
11-06-2004, 10:28 AM
My brother was a fan (once)
so I begged him for his cd's.
I was jumping around on self esteem when I was 6

hehe

you should have seen it :p

fairy call
11-06-2004, 10:29 AM
^where in belgium do you live?

ihatechrissneed
11-06-2004, 11:30 AM
This is Keally's friend, Mads, another Offspring lover, who is the one responsible for her current addiction to this awesome band, we all know and love, as the Offspring. Obviously, Americana is better than Europicana because it doesn't exist. You don't know what the hell your talking about, because personally, I think most of their BEST songs are on this amazing album. So shut the motherfuck up and leave her alone. because she hasn't done a damn thing to you and I do not appreciate your hostility towards her and all Americans. Practice your english, get a job, get a life.
Mads.
Look, i couldn't be arsed to read that, a few presses of the enter button might have made the difference. I should practise my english? The irony of it actually made me laugh. if you had dreads, I'd grab you by your ankles and use you to mop the floor.

RaissaBR
11-06-2004, 11:38 AM
actually I started to listen to offspring in my cousinīs birthday parties coz we usually loved to put come out and play and have some funny dances (something like hardcore lol)...gee...but it wasnīt at the time of Smash release..not at all...coz I was just a teenie in that time...dark past huh? I know it...yadda yadda yadda. kisses to everyone!!!

punkangel
11-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Hit that.... I know

Eccentric Sara
11-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Pretty Fly initiated my interest in them.I liked it,but on principle,I don't buy albums I haven't heard unless I at least like all of the singles taken from them.(My principle is:if the singles are crap,what will the albums be like?) So,I waited til the other 3 singles from Americana had come out and decided that I liked the Offspring enough to buy their music.I asked my parents for some Offspring albums for Christmas (2000),and was expecting Americana,but didn't get it! Instead,I got Ixnay from my parents and Smash from a friend. Ixnay was the first Offspring album I ever listened to and I loved it!!!!! Having only really been into mainstream music until then ,it was like a whole new world had been opened up to me!(Corny ,but true!:rolleyes: ) :) Lyrics I found amusing and could relate to! (I laughed my arse off the first time I heard "Oh fuck,I've got a baggie of oregano." from Mota Boy,then went and repeated it to my parents,and they laughed aswell!!!:D Ah,memories....)AND the music was good ! AND no album fillers! It was a first-time experience! I then listened to Smash and didn't like it as much,but it grew on me after a few listens.A week or two later I went and bought Americana with some Xmas money,and loved that aswell! The following summer,I bought Ignition,then Self-titled,and bought CO1 and Splinter when they came out.The Offspring began my interest in punk and rock in general.If it wasn't for them ,I wouldn't be wearing the clothes I'm wearing,listening to the music I'm listening to or have the friends or the life that I have now.I'm very grateful to them.:)

Tired_Of_You
11-12-2004, 01:15 PM
It was back in 1998, I was like 9 or 10 years old and only liked what my friends listened to which was pop music. Then Americana came out, my cousin bought it and made me listened it. I loved it and bought it not long after. Then I bought Ixnay and all the others.

offy
11-12-2004, 02:04 PM
My music teacher told us that they were shit, so I needed to try them out :p.
My brother gave me "Pretty Fly" (that was only a few weeks after the release of Americana) and I liked it.
I bought Americana, then Smash. On November 24th 2000 my friends gave me "Conspiracy Of One" as a birthday present. Then I bought Ixnay On The Hombre, then The Offspring and Ignition.

Strider
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM
When I was 12, I heard All I Want on that game Crazy Taxi. I instantly fell in love with the song. Then I also heard Walla Walla and Americana there. Later I figured out that it was The Offspring. Gee, I felt great. Mom gave me Ixnay on the Hombre and Splinter. Later I copied Smash and Americana from a friend. I also listened to Conspiracy of One. I wish I had all the CDs :p

vintagepunkrock7
11-12-2004, 10:07 PM
i started hearing their songs on the radio when smash came out. i always liked what i heard on the radio but i lived in the ghetto lol so i was into hip hop and all that like my friends were. but when i was 14 i started gradually getting into more rock and stuff like that then when splinter came out i really really liked cant get my head around you so i bought the album and i was like this is good, so i had to get the rest of them and with each album i bought i got more and more hooked, im just mad i got in on it so late, damn my bad timing! :)

Ezz
11-13-2004, 04:52 PM
When Ixnay came out, my brother bought it and I listened to it because...well..coz my big brother liked it lol. but now i think i'm into offspring more than he is :)

carmen man
11-15-2004, 03:56 AM
got into the offspring when i saw self esteem on mtv about a decade ago, got smash after that and they have been my favourite band (along with Led Zepp) since! self esteem, gone away, kids arent alrite are some of the best songs ever written! ;)

Horse
11-15-2004, 04:21 AM
bak in my primary skool days, i too lazy to figure out wen, me n mate went next door n this much older female played us smash, n we went kool, n he bought the cd, n i said i want it! so i bought ixnay wen it came out n then smash n then i skipped americana n got co1, n theni got ignition n then selftitled, then bak to americana, n then splinter, n sumwer in the middle i became obsessed n now me n my mate r in a band togetha n we each hav all 7 albums n went to concert togetha this yr n thats the end of my story..

Raquel
11-15-2004, 06:58 AM
well... I've heard some musics of them, but after their show here, in Porto Alegre, I really became a fan... They are great playing live! And they played almost all musics of Americana...

samr
11-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Mads.

Who cares? If anybody takes the internet so seriously, They deserve to be dragged in the street by a moving bus. Because nobody cares. Nobody.

up yours

Obie2trice
11-15-2004, 07:17 AM
I`ve heard and saw Pretty Fly nonstop on the radio/tv and decided to listen to the album Americana. After that I`ve bought all their albums and became a fan

Heat
11-15-2004, 07:26 AM
well... i hear the offspring since 1998... i was 9 years old... my brother bought americana after hearing pretty fly and than all the other albums.... so... if your brother hear something... the most you will also hear :D

Inshane
11-15-2004, 07:53 AM
I fell out of a tree and hit my head. I cant remember.