in order.

1.Shining Force 2
2.Final Fantasy 7
3.Halo: Combat Evolved
4.Halo 2
5.The Mario Series

JoY
05-10-2005, 11:38 AM
my God, video games shouldn't influence anything. ever.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-10-2005, 11:39 AM
1. Pac Man ( :D )
2. Mario series ( :D )
3. Half Life
4. Doom series
5. Need For Speed series

shatskater
05-10-2005, 11:42 AM
my God, video games shouldn't influence anything. ever.

Not true, it helps us expand our imaginations. Which can allow us to progress.

JoY
05-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Not true, it helps us expand our imaginations. Which can allow us to progress.
only a boy with limited creativity could say this.

voodoomagik
05-10-2005, 11:44 AM
starcraft
diablo series
warcraft series
settlers series(excluding settlers:heritage of kings)
world of warcraft
half life series
max payne
and the list cud go on and on and on..but ill stop here.......ups..more than 5 ...sorry!!!

shatskater
05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
only a boy with limited creativity could say this.

haha, actually you would think that, to bring me down, yes, of course, but in all actuality I have a VERY good imagination, and I am VERY creative.

JoY
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
haha, actually you would think that, to bring me down, yes, of course, but in all actuality I have a VERY good imagination, and I am VERY creative.
then you shouldn't need video games to expand it.

shatskater
05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
then you shouldn't need video games to expand it.

I never said I did.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, well no one will. :p (http://tpoccy.ytmnd.com/)

Mannen som blev en gris
05-10-2005, 12:37 PM
........with no self-esteem. I know.

voodoomagik
05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Designing games is like writing a book or creating a painting. You must pay maximum attention to all aspects: graphic, feeling, storyline and all that. Itís a titanic art work actually.
It is true that games increase your creativity, your imagination Justin, it was scientifically proven. Think about a 9 yrs old child. After he plays a few games he will have another vision, for example if you take him somewhere new, he will find his way a lot faster. Games also require skill! And letís not talk about the really amazing games in which you really have to use your brain! Think about the strategies some people use in RTS games or even at Counter-Strike when you have to position your team perfectly. At Settlers you have to create a perfectly functional economic system. At some quest games you need to stay very focused and so on. All of them require skill, distributive attention, creativity, imagination. A game is like a mind exercise. Think about that: there are professional gamers out there, there are world tournaments, contests, awards and stuff like that.
Some games are used on people who have very severe diseases as a treatment.
But above all, games are what they want to be, entertainment. Why do you come to this forum, why do you watch movies, why do you go out with your friends??? Play world of warcraft, you go there you chat with your friends, you form teams, you make quests, you start wars, you improve your character, you admire breathtaking views, mountains, castles, itís like a dynamic forum :d.I know it sounds stupid but you should try it. People play games to get away from stress, to have fun. And more and more ppl are doing it. The games industry out scored the movie industry and soon it will out score the music industry. That says it all.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
This place is pretty dead.... :/ I tried that new "ratings" game, but no one replied.... :/ Some one should do something.....fun.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Designing games is like writing a book or creating a painting. You must pay maximum attention to all aspects: graphic, feeling, storyline and all that. It’s a titanic art work actually.
It is true that games increase your creativity, your imagination Justin, it was scientifically proven. Think about a 9 yrs old child. After he plays a few games he will have another vision, for example if you take him somewhere new, he will find his way a lot faster. Games also require skill! And let’s not talk about the really amazing games in which you really have to use your brain! Think about the strategies some people use in RTS games or even at Counter-Strike when you have to position your team perfectly. At Settlers you have to create perfectly functional economic system. At some quest games you need to very focused and so on. All of them require skill, distributive attention, creativity, imagination. A game is like a mind exercise. Think about that: there are professional gamers out there, there are world tournaments, contests and stuff like that.
Some games are used on people who have very severe diseases as a treatment.
But above all, games are what they want to be, entertainment. Why do you come to this forum, why do you watch movies, why do you go out with your friends??? Play world of warcraft, you go there you chat with your friends, you form teams, you make quests, you start wars, you improve your character, you admire breathtaking views, mountains, castles, it’s like a dynamic forum :d.I know it sounds stupid but you should try it. People play games to get away from stress, to have fun. And more and more ppl do it. The games industry out scored the movie industry and soon it will out score the music industry. That says it all.
How about those people who throw their screen in the floor after a bad game?

Anyway, you're deep!

Skate Rat 19
05-10-2005, 12:49 PM
1. GTA series (need i say why)
2. Medal of Honor (invented 1st person shooter for PS1)
3. Pong (THE FIRST video game)
4. Zelda 1 (just so awsome)
5. Halo series (Most influential to online play)

Skate Rat 19
05-10-2005, 12:50 PM
C'mon, I'm still waiting for somebody to explain how Halo or Settlers is 'influential'.
halo is influential to online gaming, otherwise no, and settlers, no, just no, i've never even heard of it.

voodoomagik
05-10-2005, 12:51 PM
How about those people who throw their screen in the floor after a bad game?

Anyway, you deep!
They pretty much have everything, passion, drama, team work, commitment.

voodoomagik
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
halo is influential to online gaming, otherwise no, and settlers, no, just no, i've never even heard of it.
You should try Settlers. It's a classic.

sKratch
05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
1. GTA series (need i say why)
3. Pong (THE FIRST video game)
4. Zelda 1 (just so awsome)
5. Halo series (Most influential to online play)
That's a fucking stupid list. I hate you. Mine will be better.

Evil-Dead
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM

no, it didn't

voodoomagik
05-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't see the point of this post.

Skate Rat 19
05-10-2005, 03:39 PM
bring it Mr. penis mobile

sKratch
05-10-2005, 04:51 PM
What follows is a list of games that were influential to and revolutionized the GAMING INDUSTRY, not every-day life, which is what Trip is taking it to mean. I'll try to justify everything.

Descent
Forget about Wolfenstein. Forget about Doom and Duke Nukem 3D. Descent was the first ever game to throw you into a 3-dimensional environment where you could truly move in any direction (along the x-, y-, and z-axis). That means you can aim yourself in any direction and move there. The game also included banking clockwise and counter-clockwise. Although this didn't develop into a very popular genre (lest you consider all sorts of flight sims), or even a popular franchise (Descent 2 was great, 3 and anything that came later sucked), it was a revolution in gaming. A more ubiquitous influence was the use of 3D models; the enemies were truly 3D rather than sprites. This meant that if you circled around an enemy (or if an enemy moved around in your field of view) you could see every part of it. Of course, if you compare the polygon count to Doom III or HL2, it's almost nothing. You've gotta start somewhere, though. I don't think I've really conveyed how important this game was, but if any of you have played it hopefully you'll think "Oh crap, yeah, that game."

Quake
The first game in the Quake series was possibly the most important game to first person shooters. Much like Descent, Quake made use of 3-dimensional models rather than sprites, only it took it even further. All players/monsters were models, as well as rockets, grenades, nails (from the nailgun), and so on and so forth. I'm pretty sure Quake was one of the first games to support TCP/IP play for multiple parties. In other words, you could play against a bunch of friends instead of just directly dialing up to your friend and playing 1v1 deathmatch. Thus, the first online gaming community developed around Quake. Bots came about (the guy who designed the Reaper Bots for Quake was hired to make the AI for UT2k4 bots). Team Fortress was made, being the first popular online mod. It should be pretty obvious that Quake was a huge influence on the gaming world.

More when I don't have to study physics. Fuck.

Skate Rat 19
05-10-2005, 04:57 PM
well i was also talking about influencing everyday life

sKratch
05-10-2005, 05:05 PM
None of the games you mentioned influence daily life, besides maybe the GTA games because it makes people think they're gangsters. Now I have to go to the library and learn how to use 3853838 equations. Kbye.

0r4ng3
05-10-2005, 05:31 PM
How about a list that actually influenced games:

Pong
Pac Man
Grand Theft Auto
Mario
Sonic
Warcraft (the first one)
Donkey Kong (the really old one before Mario)
Mortal Kombat

there's probably more, but I don't feel like remembering any more.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
well i was also talking about influencing everyday life

Please explain how Pong influences daily life.

I don't see the point of this post.
Stop following him around. It looks weird.

Video games are fun and good to unwind with. But they STIFLE imagination, not cultivate it. And they're not influential in any positive way as far as daily life goes. That's just my opinion.

voodoomagik
05-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Please explain how Pong influences daily life.

Stop following him around. It looks weird.

I'm not doing that. I posted here first.

livingdeadgirl
05-11-2005, 03:29 AM
^ cool name.

Yatesy
05-11-2005, 03:30 AM
How about a list that actually influenced games:

Pong
Pac Man
Grand Theft Auto
Mario
Sonic
Warcraft (the first one)
Donkey Kong (the really old one before Mario)
Mortal Kombat

there's probably more, but I don't feel like remembering any more.

That is a good list!

livingdeadgirl
05-11-2005, 03:32 AM
dont forget tomb raider. the first game with 3rd person veiw......i think. + she kicks ass. what other woman could handle a frickin bazooka???

sKratch
05-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Oh of course... thank you Tombraider for bringing oversized tits to the PC when the internet was already full of them. It wasn't really a good game.

grunge
05-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Medal of honour
Counter-Strike
Mario
And maybe warcraft

voodoomagik
05-11-2005, 05:08 AM
And maybe warcraft
Warcraft 2 showed the rts fans the wonders of multiplayer gaming.

Vera
05-11-2005, 07:27 AM
We're probably talking about video games that influenced
a) the lives of video gamers because they were like, "WOW THIS GAME IS HOT"
and
b) the video game industry in itself with revolutionary ideas (or technological development) in video game.

In any of the following, it's useless to name 1337 games no one knows. Instead the list would have to be about famous games that were great story- and gamingwise on top of their huge success.

I'd mention some games I think are like this but the truth is I'm really no gamer and would totally have to include all kinds of games I've never played and have no interest in playing so it'd become a hugely biased list.

Swill
05-11-2005, 07:40 AM
The original Wolfenstein 3d probably is the one of the most influential games of all time!!!
________
BLACK VID (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/11/black/videos/1)