PDA

View Full Version : vegetarians

giggles
11-04-2004, 07:17 AM
i'm a vegetarian for about 7 months....i don't eat meat cuz i'm vs. killing animals, who's a vegetarian too and for how long and why??

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:20 AM
I'm a veggie, been about 2 months (not long but I am not giving up) and I don't eat meat because of the animals.

peta2.com :)

~mandy~

giggles
11-04-2004, 07:24 AM
don't give up :p very good :) and it isn't difficult, is it?? cuz i don't want to eat meat at all...

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:25 AM
I don't really find it difficult. I just look at a piece of meat and want to gag, I have no intention of eating meat anymore.

~mandy~

giggles
11-04-2004, 07:30 AM
i'm glad cuz now more ppl decide to stop eating meat....i hope that one day all ppl will be vegetarians

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:31 AM
surely that would be a great thing, but I don't think we will see it in our lifetime.. sadly :(

~mandy~

Kitten
11-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I don't think anything like that will ever happen. Do you ride horses?

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:33 AM
which one??? because I don't ...

~mandy~

giggles
11-04-2004, 07:34 AM
no, i don't ride horses, why d'you ask?

Kitten
11-04-2004, 07:35 AM
I just find it funny that a lot of people that ride horses are vegetarians, yet their saddles and bridles are made of leather.

wheelchairman
11-04-2004, 07:36 AM
I can understand why you wouldn't want to eat meat for health reasons, seeing as Agro-factories raise animals in a way that is not always good (or at least may not be good) for human health. However, I don't really care about the treatment of animals. Nor do I care if they die.

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:37 AM
I just find it funny that a lot of people that ride horses are vegetarians, yet their saddles and bridles are made of leather.

very good point :p

~mandy~

offspringbaby2004
11-04-2004, 07:38 AM
I can understand why you wouldn't want to eat meat for health reasons, seeing as Agro-factories raise animals in a way that is not always good (or at least may not be good) for human health. However, I don't really care about the treatment of animals. Nor do I care if they die.

mhmm well that is to bad, but yes there is health risks that come along with meat to. Which is another reason I won't go back. But I didn't find that out until after.

~mandy~

fairy call
11-04-2004, 07:41 AM
i eat meat, and i dont think i'll ever become a vegetarian, i do love animals, but i just cant feel sorry for those piggies/cows/whatever i'm eating
and i like meat too much

Kitten
11-04-2004, 07:46 AM
i eat meat, and i dont think i'll ever become a vegetarian, i do love animals, but i just cant feel sorry for those piggies/cows/whatever i'm eating
and i like meat too much

I know someon who can't eat lobster or anything that has eyes till you dispose of the shell for that reason, it has eyes.
I go through stages of not being able to eat meat, I have really cut down lately. Not through any guilt of how the animal may have been treated before it died, just because the smell of meat makes me really sick now. I can't stand it sometimes when someone cooks meat in the house three hours prior, because the smell of it is still in the air.

fairy call
11-04-2004, 07:52 AM
but i dont think i'd eat an animal that i have known when it was alive, thats only psychological though, cause its just the same as other meat, but still, it feels different
i mean, i'd eat a guinea pig if i had not seen that particular guinea pig alive before. (yes, i know a guinea pig was a weird example but yeah :rolleyes: )

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2004, 10:13 AM

People are vegetarian for different reasons.

My three-year vegiversary is in January. I'm not a vegetarian just because I'm against animal cruelty--actually, I think PETA and all that are a bunch of assholes, but that's a whole other rant I can go on at another time.

I simply don't trust the meat industry. If I want a hamburger, I don't want people to have literally lost life and limb in the process of making it---or those limbs sometimes included in the finished product, along with rats, etc. Read "Fast Food Nation." I've never been so glad to be vegetarian in all my life. The animals brought to slaughterhouses so pumped full of antibiotics, steroids, and other gross unnatural things that I feel I'd be crazy to chow down on them.

I don't drink milk and avoid dairy products only because I'm lactose intolerant. I'm all about the chowing down on ice cream, but it makes me sick.

I try not to buy leather, but if there's a pair of leather shoes I really want, I get them. This does not run counter to the summary of my reasons for not eating meat.

I knit with wool as well. I try to only use wool from local shepherds and from this one womens' collective in Uruguay, but sometimes I have to use the Lamb's Pride. Again, I try to avoid it, but I won't lose sleep if I do.

I missed buffalo wings terribly. Buffalo wings are probably the chief reason I was so fat in high school, that is, other than depression. Now that I've been vegetarian, I've lost something like 50 pounds and kept it off very, very easily. And Gardeburger makes the most fantastic vegan buffalo wings. Mmmmm.

SicN Twisted
11-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Are you the type of vegetarian that won't eat skittles because they have geletin?

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Are you the type of vegetarian that won't eat skittles because they have geletin?

Dude, I'm eating Skittles right now.

I much prefer it when they use vegetarian gelatin, though. It's just healthier. Mad Cow Disease can be passed on through gelatin.

wliethof
11-04-2004, 12:00 PM
I don't like meat, unless its mixed up so bad it doesnt look like meat at all. most of those thingsi love too much to stop eating meat at all.

Subsidal
11-05-2004, 09:07 AM
I don't like eating meat. I stopped eating it a few months ago (can't remember exactly). I stopped 'cause I dislike the way animals are treated over here & now I start to get sick if I got a piece of meat on my plate

Inshane
11-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Im a vegetarian I stopped eating meat 5 years ago.
6 months ago I started eating fish though . I didnt before but my docter said I should eat fish for they contain many minirals and vitamins. And I badly needed those. (vitaminepills were not good enough or something). But I still dont eat meat. And what I find really strange is people that say they are vegetarians and do eat chicken? I always thought chickens were animals.
Im actually really sure they are animals. So its kind off weird if you do eat chicken. Or you hate chickens so much that you have the need to slaughter them. Wich would be an odd think if you were a vegetarian. But hey who knows.

Subsidal
11-05-2004, 09:32 AM
My mom too. As I told her I don't want any meat anymore she cooked chicken. She said chicken & fish wouldn't be meat. I don't know why. Dead animals are dead animals

By the way, I'm not eating fish since probably more than 5 years, since one looked at me in a shop. That's really disgusting

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-05-2004, 10:30 AM

It's vegans who are totally against all animal products and products tested on animals.

Zugg Island Convict
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
for just under 2 years and for many reasons...

offspringueuse
11-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm vegatarian for just 5 months since I don't want to eat animals anymore!!!! I don't want that we kill anymore to eat them!!! we don't eat human being, so we musn't eat animals!!!!

Faded Soul
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
I've been raised around the cattle industry. (my mom's parents were ranchers and her aunt and uncle are ranchers too) believe it or not, they would eat the rest of the bull, such as brains, eye balls, testicles (rocky mountain oysters lol), kidney, heart, liver, stomach (tripe) etc. they did that, because they thought throwing that away, was wasteful. today a lot of chefs have been incorporating those parts into their dish creations. mainly, liver and tripe.

One night, while eating over at my mom's cousin's, my mom's cousin asked how I like my steak cooked, I said, rare-medium-rare, she said, boy you can sure tell you been raised around ranching. lol I thought I was gonna be the only one who liked it that way...guess I was wrong. lol I won't eat a steak unless it's red in the middle.

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-05-2004, 02:13 PM
I would never eat part of a cow's nervous system. Too much risk for mad cow disease.

Alexa
11-05-2004, 02:14 PM
I am a vegetarian^^

Faded Soul
11-05-2004, 03:05 PM
I would never eat part of a cow's nervous system. Too much risk for mad cow disease.

back in the day...there wasn't.