PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Greateast Hits?

Hypodermic_89
05-11-2005, 06:11 AM
What do you think about the whole thing? Do you think they made the CD too soon? too late? shouldn't been made at all? what do you think about the whole subject.

grunge
05-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Why all bands made The greatest hits. There are no new songs.

Yatesy
05-11-2005, 06:26 AM
I think Greatest hits albums are designed for people who aren't familiar with the band so they compile an album of their 'best' songs to get them into it and will lead to them buying more. I think :-/

Dexter_Holland
05-11-2005, 06:43 AM
there is 1 new song, can't repeat and i heard it. It's cool, but really splinter style. i want more oldschool like ignition, or real offspring like mota :D

beavisb1
05-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Man you know thats impossible!! Offspring will never write oldschool songs again! !! they are not pennywise=)lol...they try different kind of things, its the evolution

killer_queen
05-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Why all bands made The greatest hits. There are no new songs.
the record company's may be forcing them

Killboy
05-11-2005, 07:17 AM
I think Greatest hits albums are designed for people who aren't familiar with the band so they compile an album of their 'best' songs to get them into it and will lead to them buying more. I think :-/

Fuck 'em... I don't give a shit whether people are familiar to band or not, they do this for music, not for the fucking fame....

I don't really see any sense on making a Greatest Hits album and more if The Meaning Of Life isn't there!!!!

The only things that I'm gonna buy the record for are:
1-I am a fan, and gotta support The Offspring.
2-Can't Repeat... though u can download now from internet but... anyway
3-The DVD's gonna rock!!!

Tomo
05-11-2005, 07:27 AM
there is 1 new song, can't repeat and i heard it. It's cool, but really splinter style. i want more oldschool like ignition, or real offspring like mota :D

You said that you heared Can't Repeat? Good, now try to understand the lyrics!

brothadave79
05-11-2005, 07:46 AM
I don't remember who said this, but I heard part of the reason they're releasing the Greatest Hits album is so they can complete their contract with Sony (needed to make one more album for them). Then they can release their new album on Nitro. Don't know if it's true, just what I heard, and it kinda makes sense.

Left Face Down
05-11-2005, 08:18 AM
I don't remember who said this, but I heard part of the reason they're releasing the Greatest Hits album is so they can complete their contract with Sony (needed to make one more album for them). Then they can release their new album on Nitro. Don't know if it's true, just what I heard, and it kinda makes sense.

That would be a devilish thing, but a kick ass one. I hope that's correct, and I do remember them saying that they had two albums after CO1 before their record contract was up with Columbia records. Of course they also said after that second album they were probably going to retire.

Mentally_Challenged
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
I think there should be a lot more of the older stuff on Greatest Hits....

I might pass on the cd ( :eek: ) and just buy the dvd (as in the dvd on its own, not the dualdisk cd....)

Meh

Swill
05-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Lads are we still harping on about the greatest hits???????????It is the way it is.........lets get over it shall we????????
________
SUZUKI ESTEEM SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_Esteem)

offspring kid
05-11-2005, 09:23 AM
all the offspring great songs in one cd COOL and probably it wasnt to hard for the offspring to make a GREATEST HITS album its not a big deal !

Offspring-Fanatic
05-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm going to buy the greatest hits, maybe its also for newer fans that like the songs off older cds, but dont want to buy the CDs themselves. or they just like their big hits, not their bigger songs...

for weird people

but I'm going to buy it anywayz

ancalan
05-12-2005, 06:47 AM
You said that you heared Can't Repeat? Good, now try to understand the lyrics!hi tomo!im axel

ancalan
05-12-2005, 07:00 AM
What do you think about the whole thing? Do you think they made the CD too soon? too late? shouldn't been made at all? what do you think about the whole subject.oh no!there was a joke!dirty magic acoustic are the best song from this album!

Tomo
05-12-2005, 08:01 AM
ancalan! Stop making bullshit! You can't even speak english! Anyway I bet you've never been at any forums before!

L.A.P.D
05-14-2005, 10:18 PM
When it comes out i think it will kick Fatt Sweaty ASS

neocon58
05-14-2005, 10:32 PM
ancalan! Stop making bullshit! You can't even speak english! Anyway I bet you've never been at any forums before!

lol i can picture his next post will be something like this:

whats a forum?!?!?!?!?!?

Camilamazed
05-14-2005, 10:41 PM

Perfectly said...... :D

strife
05-15-2005, 03:49 AM
At first i thought the greatest hits CD was fine, something that a new fan might like etc. But one of my friends (a non-offspring fan) looked at the tracklist and pointed out to me that it was only 14 songs. One song is Can't Repeat and another is Defy You (how is this a greatest hit!?). That leaves 12 'hits' from a band which has recorded over 100 songs over 15 years. Surely they could have at least filled the CD around 20 songs. Pretty dissappointing. =/

ancalan
05-17-2005, 06:20 AM
ancalan! Stop making bullshit! You can't even speak english! Anyway I bet you've never been at any forums before!You should kiss my ass before you tell somethig stupid!! My english is better than yours! Fucking forum!

ancalan
05-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Why all bands made The greatest hits. There are no new songs. You are right!

Casey
05-17-2005, 08:11 AM
I am a big Offspring fan, but I really like more of their oldschool stuff. As far as their Greatist Hits album goes, I think that it's pretty good over all. But I am really disapointed in the fact that they left out "Genocide" which I thought was one of their all time best.

crimson14
05-17-2005, 08:24 AM
not bad, but i would have liked to see million miles away, or one of those really good songs instead of why dont u get a job. beatles are good, but its not offspring. i blame jackson for offsprings terrible choice in releasing that song.

wishomie
05-17-2005, 09:01 AM
I think this is about the right time for the greatest hits to come out.

offspring kid
05-17-2005, 11:10 AM
IT was a easy thing to do for the offspring and the song selection is REALLY COOL !

c0d3r
05-17-2005, 11:19 AM
yeah man, the album it just Oo. :D - currently searching for it online

like it, but 1 thing, think they should compose more songs, but can't repeat is bloody awesome...

gonna try to find the album somewhere if not, well then i can put it together myself since i have ALL their albums and songs. But that's not cool... gotta get the real one, hehe

yeah so congrats dudes, if any of you READ this post, maaaan come to Budapest for concert, or maybe next year to the Rock Festival on the island thingie...

Brines
05-17-2005, 11:37 AM
It's disappointing, IMO. No old shit = bad.

smelly poo in a shoe
05-18-2005, 04:40 AM
It's disappointing, IMO. No old shit = bad.

i agree, it seems like there are too many newer songs
dammit i'm an ignition junkie