PDA

View Full Version : Something weird with DUI

GRfan
05-12-2005, 07:11 AM
From the official Green Day site:"Shenanigans
Reprise Records
* The Japanese version has the song DUI on it in addition to the tracks on the domestic release.
"
So,is Dui a Green Day song :eek: ??

beavisb1
05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
so what?? maybe Green day has a song called DUI....A perfect circle has a song called the noose...wich is totally different from the offspring one!

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2005, 07:44 AM
From the official Green Day site:"Shenanigans
Reprise Records
* The Japanese version has the song DUI on it in addition to the tracks on the domestic release.
"
So,is Dui a Green Day song :eek: ??

Here are Green days DUI lyrics:

Let's get drunk and go out driving
Let's see just how quickly we can goooooo
Let's get ploughed and plough down some old lady
Let's just drink and bump the stereo

Let's go down and vomit out of the window
Let's keep score of how many we kill
Two tequila slammers on the dashboard
There's an alcoholic at the wheel

Careful when I'm taking this next corner
Don't want anybody wasting beer
Pass another lime and Corona
Too drunk to use my clutch when shifting gear

Let's do prodies in the cul de sac
We're going and we're never coming back

as you can see, it's not the same song

Pyro
05-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah. And by the lyrics, it sucks! The Offspring's DUI is waaay better! :D

Hyper nova
05-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Yer I think D.U.I was going to be on Shenanigans as in the Booklet it is there crossed out on purpose. It has the same title but is different and the Offspring song is better.

Funny how they are both B-sides however the Greedn day one is a B-B-side cause it didnt even make it on to Shenanigans.

dain84
05-12-2005, 09:25 AM
so what?? maybe Green day has a song called DUI....A perfect circle has a song called the noose...wich is totally different from the offspring one!
same drummer though! They both had Josh Freese recording it!

sneedo
05-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Here are Green days DUI lyrics:

Let's see just how quickly we can goooooo
Let's get ploughed and plough down some old lady
Let's just drink and bump the stereo

Let's go down and vomit out of the window
Let's keep score of how many we kill
Two tequila slammers on the dashboard
There's an alcoholic at the wheel

Careful when I'm taking this next corner
Don't want anybody wasting beer
Pass another lime and Corona
Too drunk to use my clutch when shifting gear

Let's do prodies in the cul de sac
We're going and we're never coming back

as you can see, it's not the same song

I guess that no talent faggot Billy Joe Armstrong took his own advice since he was arrested for DUI shit a few years back.

Oh shit, i love the fuckin queer josh freese trivia enclosed. Gay it up.

Piedude
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I though Tre did that song..what do I know...
Zebrahead have a song called lightning Rod...

sneedo
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
^ doesnt' follow along too well.

notoriousdoc
05-12-2005, 10:57 AM
rooster did a song called "staring at the sun"

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Dexter is a much better songwriter than that queerskunk-sellout Billie Joe

sneedo
05-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Dexter is a much better songwriter than that queerskunk-sellout Billie Joe

word nigga

0r4ng3
05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
rooster did a song called "staring at the sun"
disturbed has a song called "meaning of life"

anyway, I'm a Green Day fan, and I've never heard DUI. Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know where to get it?

Noodles
05-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Hey, I wrote the lyrics to our DUI. Come on, don't deny me my one song-writing credit.

Can someone post our DUI lyrics here? I forgot how it goes.

JohnnyNemesis
05-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Three in the morning and I gotta be someplace
I don't remember where
Friends try to make me stay or call me a cab home
I grab my keys and a beer

The cops they took my license away
But I got my car out of impound today
And I've been drunk since last Saturday
You'd better stay outta my way

I drink and drive
Feel so alive
I'll never take that dive
Feel so alive
I'm doin' ninety-five
I drink and drive
I feel so alive
I drink and drive

Early morning and the freeway's deserted
Like it's all mine
I'm trying to set a new driving speed record
But I can't drive a straight line
Flashing lights
Split the night
I'm tossing bottles as I swerve to the right
Now I've slammed my face into the back of a big-rig
At least you'll never catch me you fucking pigs

Designate someone other than me
I'm so drunk I can hardly see
Another shot of jagger and I turn the key
I got so many places to be

When I'm on a binge, my friends all cringe
They won't drive at night
Cause down at the freeway it's such a fright
But I think I drive alright
--
Holy fuck I love that song.

Homer
05-12-2005, 10:10 PM
you were drinking when you wrote that song, weren't you. :D

Homer
05-12-2005, 10:12 PM
LOLZ homer ur so clever!!!!!1

LOLZ ~*Adriann*~ ur so clever!!!!!1

Homer
05-12-2005, 10:14 PM
way to change the subject. We all appreciate it.

Telekinesis
05-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Is Noodles an alcoholic?

RonWelty
05-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Hey, I wrote the lyrics to our DUI. Come on, don't deny me my one song-writing credit.

chorus lyrics

Don īt fuck with DUI
donīt fuck with DUI
DON `t FUCK WITH DUI

CUZ DUI WILL FUCK WITH U

ahn ...it+s this right ? :P

sphinxdaking
05-13-2005, 01:42 AM
Its not wierd that Green Day has a song with the same name. "D.U.I" stands for "driving under the influence". Which I guess is a pretty common subject to write a song about. :)

Hyper nova
05-13-2005, 05:34 AM
D.U.I. Such an american thing to call it, Just to make it sound better (or worse depending on your point of view). Over here we just call it drink driving. Its like Elevator and Lift. But then if you cant make a word sound better you cut letters out like removing u's from a lot of words, like Color instead of Colour, Flavor instead of flavour and Favorite instead of favourite.

Hyper nova
05-13-2005, 05:45 AM

D.U.I is a Great song and the lyrics are great. I bet you get a little annoyed that one of the best Offspring songs didnt even make it on to an album and for once Dexter didn't write it. Dexter doesn't choose which songs make it and which don't does he. Becasue if he does... You need to have words.
He didn't replace DUI with I Choose by any chance cause that would be funny.

See every one saying that Dexter is Better song writer than Billie Joe when it seems that Noodle is better as well.

That reminds me are you guys gunna do a B-side CD of all your covers and othe b-sides like DUI becasue it would easily be as good as any of your other albums.

Omni
05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Actually, D.U.I is my favorite Offspring song. And I never could figure out why it never made Ixnay. Even once I hear the reason, I don't think I'll ever understand it.

JohnnyNemesis
05-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Actually, D.U.I is my favorite Offspring song. And I never could figure out why it never made Ixnay. Even once I hear the reason, I don't think I'll ever understand it.

That question has plagued me for about 6 years now. I'd gladly trade Don't Pick It Up for DUI, and place DUI right after Leave It Behind on the tracklist. That's just me I guess.

0r4ng3
05-13-2005, 08:47 PM
It probably has something to do with deadlines. Maybe DUI was the last song recorded for Ixnay on the Hombre, but it was finished too late, and they could only fit 14 songs.

Punk_Conspiracy
05-15-2005, 12:35 AM
The Offspring need to have more songs like DUI. It's sort of novelty, but not annoying novelty like Original Prankster. I reckon it's a great song!

darko
05-17-2005, 02:59 PM

thats tragic....sorry dude

Dead Cheerleader
05-18-2005, 03:53 AM
D.U.I. Such an american thing to call it, Just to make it sound better (or worse depending on your point of view). Over here we just call it drink driving. Its like Elevator and Lift. But then if you cant make a word sound better you cut letters out like removing u's from a lot of words, like Color instead of Colour, Flavor instead of flavour and Favorite instead of favourite.

Actually those spelling changes like excluding 'u's out of words were made by Merrian Webster to set the American language apart from Brittians when we were pissed off at them around the Revolutionary War or whatever. However, I believe if you go to learn English in most other countries, they will teach you the American version of English and not the original English version. Does that piss you off?

Hyper nova
05-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Actually those spelling changes like excluding 'u's out of words were made by Merrian Webster to set the American language apart from Brittians when we were pissed off at them around the Revolutionary War or whatever. However, I believe if you go to learn English in most other countries, they will teach you the American version of English and not the original English version. Does that piss you off?

Yes a little. But I Guess it depends on which country doesn't it. Europeans countries like France, Germany will learn British English where as South American countries will learn American English and African and Asian Countries will learn a mix but I reacon most learn British English because more countries have ties with the UK because of the British Empire.
So I really don't mind if other countries learn American English or for that matter Australian English which is kind of in the middle, it all depends on which one is more suited.
I guess i just find it funny that Americans went to all that trouble to change a few words, most of which are made into longer more elaborate word just to sound better. Then where they couldn't do that the cut letters out to make it simpler. And all in an atempt to be seperate from Britain.

Dead Cheerleader
05-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Hypernova:

Well I think it made sense to change some of the words in an attempt to give our language some uniqueness.

My friend went to visit her relatives in China and they were in the process of learning English. When they began speaking though she kind of freaked out because they spoke it with an English accent, their tutors there apparently use the British style. Chinese kids speaking in English accents would be crazy. I thought that was cool.

Do you guys say "slowlier?" My German physics teacher says that word and he learned English UK style as well.

lost_nvrfound
05-21-2005, 01:48 PM
dude noodles! DUI is a totally excellent song... one of my faves... its on like 3 or 4 of my many mix cds... you all should play it on warped tour!

thecrowe72000
05-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I thought it was "When I drink and drive...

Jimbob2005
05-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Yer I think D.U.I was going to be on Shenanigans as in the Booklet it is there crossed out on purpose. It has the same title but is different and the Offspring song is better.

Funny how they are both B-sides however the Greedn day one is a B-B-side cause it didnt even make it on to Shenanigans.
The Green Day song is crap. I dunno if it was released on any other album/compilation/soundtrack/single other than the fact that is was meant to be released on Shenanigans, and actually was released on the Japanese Version. Damn that, the Japs get everything! They got "Desensitized" (quality song) on Nimrod! But we still get it on Shenanigans. Just, at the time of release back in 1997 5 years before the release of Shenanigans...bah!

Jimbob2005
05-21-2005, 04:03 PM
disturbed has a song called "meaning of life"

anyway, I'm a Green Day fan, and I've never heard DUI. Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know where to get it?
I had to download it. I could send it to you if you like. I will, come to think of it.