PDA

View Full Version : Americana Dvd and Regions question

Stoffey
11-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Basically I want the Americana DVD but My computer plays region 2 only (unless changed but you can only change the settings so many times and it stays so I can't do that), and other than that only a PS2.

Will the PS2 play a Region 0 DVD does anyone know?!

If necessary I'll get a DVD player (generally as I need one)...but rather not if I can help it...

xx.Stoffey.xx

Lars
11-04-2004, 02:08 PM
if a dvd is region 0 any dvd player should be able to play that (as region 0 dictates it has no region). As you're in a Euro country there shouldn't be any problems with it being displayed on a screen either. And if it's region 0 then a computer won't ask you to change the settings (or it shouldn't anyway).

vintagepunkrock7
01-15-2005, 11:09 PM
well i searched to see if there was a thread already started about the americana DVD, cuz i didnt want to start another one, lord knows there is enough multiple posts lingering around here. this one doesnt exactly cover what i wanted to know but i didnt think i should start a new thread for it. i have never seen the americana DVD/VHS and i was just wondering if it was similar to huck it? and if not then whats on it, like is there very much offspring coverage on it or is it more of a the offspring presents type deal so it would sell more?

TheHulaChick
01-15-2005, 11:16 PM
well i searched to see if there was a thread already started about the americana DVD, cuz i didnt want to start another one, lord knows there is enough multiple posts lingering around here. this one doesnt exactly cover what i wanted to know but i didnt think i should start a new thread for it. i have never seen the americana DVD/VHS and i was just wondering if it was similar to huck it? and if not then whats on it, like is there very much offspring coverage on it or is it more of a the offspring presents type deal so it would sell more?

I've got the Americana dvd. It's not as high quality as Huck it, it's got old footage from when they started. It's contains stuff from the first three albums. And some inexpensive videos for burn it up and cool to hate, It's got stunts and stuff on it as well. And weird dolls...

TheHulaChick
01-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Basically I want the Americana DVD but My computer plays region 2 only (unless changed but you can only change the settings so many times and it stays so I can't do that), and other than that only a PS2.

Will the PS2 play a Region 0 DVD does anyone know?!

If necessary I'll get a DVD player (generally as I need one)...but rather not if I can help it...

My computer dvd's like that and it locked into region 4 which was really annoying but I found a program on the internet, I think it was called AnyDvd, and now I can play all regions with restriction. Just do a google search there's tons of free programs like that.

summer_guy
01-16-2005, 04:40 AM
u mean americana dvd i same as live@woodstock99? :confused:

leo3375
01-16-2005, 09:27 AM
"Americana" and "Woodstock '99" are not the same. "Americana" is a mish-mash of early home-video, extreme sports, and low-budget music videos, not to mention Guttermouth trying to steal beer.

vintagepunkrock7
03-30-2005, 11:13 PM
i got the dvd, but is the sound supposed to suck? on mine in some parts its ok but in others i have to turn it all the way up just to hear it at all. is it supposed to be like that?

PresidentKiller
04-01-2005, 09:35 PM
i got the dvd, but is the sound supposed to suck? on mine in some parts its ok but in others i have to turn it all the way up just to hear it at all. is it supposed to be like that?

Yeah, sound in Americana is terrible, but it says "This ain't a Hollywood production" (or something like that) so you should expect that... he he

The police officer wearing a tutu was really funny though. And the beer commercial is awesome (Dexter wearing a Hanson shirt, WTF?!). :cool:

vintagepunkrock7
04-02-2005, 10:31 PM
ic, thats cool, i was just makin sure i didnt get a bad copy, i got it from ebay. that part with dexter in the rollerblades so funny but alittle disturbing at the same time hehehe. thanks.