PDA

View Full Version : Angry About Greatest Hits Lineup!!!

DirtyMagic13
05-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I dont know about everyone else here but im an offspring fan that while i still love the new stuff, i LOVE the older albums, and im completely appalled that no songs were chosen off of ignition or the self titled album. I also am not too happy that some lesser songs off the conspiracy of one and americana album were chosen. I see the lineup and i see no session, jennifer lost the war, beheaded, forever and a day, dirty magic..... makes me truly sad.

sneedo
05-12-2005, 11:03 AM
join the club crybaby.

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I dont know about everyone else here but im an offspring fan that while i still love the new stuff, i LOVE the older albums, and im completely appalled that no songs were chosen off of ignition or the self titled album. I also am not too happy that some lesser songs off the conspiracy of one and americana album were chosen. I see the lineup and i see no session, jennifer lost the war, beheaded, forever and a day, dirty magic..... makes me truly sad.

well you see, no songs from ignition or s/t were GREAT HITS. You do know that the CD is called Greatest Hits?

Revolver-2005?
05-12-2005, 11:09 AM
it should be what the fans want to see, not what MTV wants to see...they should have put some stuff from their older albums...not just songs tht did well on tv...im kinda disappointed in the line up too

Yatesy
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
It's greatest HITs not greatest songs, yes I'm generally a bit dissapointed in the line up but there's no use in moaning is there?

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2005, 11:15 AM
it should be what the fans want to see, not what MTV wants to see...they should have put some stuff from their older albums...not just songs tht did well on tv...im kinda disappointed in the line up too

who said anything about MTV? Great Hits are songs that sell good and become popular. And I never said that I'm happy with the lineup. I mean it's good, but could be much better.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-12-2005, 11:16 AM
keep your pants on, noodles said that would come later.

and greatest hits= GREATEST HITS! the reason why "meaning of life", or "i choose", or the others were left off were because they were not big hits.

but i am stoked for the DVD. The "where is he now" on the pretty fly guy sounds interesting.

Mandy is cruel
05-12-2005, 11:24 AM

and greatest hits= GREATEST HITS! the reason why "meaning of life", or "i choose", or the others were left off were because they were not big hits.

but i am stoked for the DVD. The "where is he now" on the pretty fly guy sounds interesting.

i can't believe that "i choose" was left off :mad: ! it's one of my favorite songs!! and i don't like want you bad... yeah, it is a big hit, but i hate want you bad... it shouldn't be on "greatest hits"

and dammit! i don't have dvd! i want to know where is pretty fly guy now!

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2005, 11:24 AM

WHAT WOULD COME LATER!? NEW SONGS!? :|

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-12-2005, 11:28 AM
i meant a b-sides/rarites album.
but then he also said they have already started work on a new album.
he posted it on another greatest hits thread, search for it.

Jackish
05-12-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm not meaning to start any annoying rumours but when they said they wanted (as a general goal) 10 albums before 'stopping' did they mean...

Greatest hits

New untitled album

Collection of raritys and B sides

then poof?

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-12-2005, 11:31 AM
no, i think they meant ten studio albums, well at least i HOPE.
but let's not start a whole breakup rumor, shall we?

Jackish
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Nononononoonono x100

Thats not what I wanted to do. But yeah, 10 studio albums... Awesome thought. :D

Mandy is cruel
05-12-2005, 11:33 AM
they meant ten studio albums.....

original_prankster
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Will everyone just stop friggin complaining?!

notoriousdoc
05-12-2005, 11:55 AM
3 words and a punctuation mark:

Who
Is
not
?

But then we've got a new album and a rarities album comin' up

JohnnyNemesis
05-12-2005, 11:55 AM
How many fuckin' greatest hits threads are there now? Seriously, was another needed?!

nameless
05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
i agree it wasnt the best lineup but i am glad they are releasing an album and touring soon! unfortunately the tour will most likely consist of the greatest hits listings!

DirtyMagic13
05-12-2005, 03:12 PM
you know what? all those songs are "greatest hits" everyone who said those songs arent greatest hits is a moron because a lot of the songs on the cd are radio hits. fuck the radio and all that bullshit, offspring rock some seious socks and to say.... OFFSPRINGS GREATEST HITS, does this album wrong, fuckin call it OFFSPRINGS GREATEST RADIO HITS. and you know what?? Fuck all you douche bags who think the lineup is a good one.

original_prankster
05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Fuckin' n00b...

It's a good line-up, yet lacking. If that's the line-up, THEN THAT'S THE LINE-UP. Everyone needs to QUIT complaining and just NOT BUY IT if THEY AREN'T HAPPY WITH IT. I'm looking forward to the DVD way more, personally.

DirtyMagic13
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Fuckin' n00b...

It's a good line-up, yet lacking. If that's the line-up, THEN THAT'S THE LINE-UP. Everyone needs to QUIT complaining and just NOT BUY IT if THEY AREN'T HAPPY WITH IT. I'm looking forward to the DVD way more, personally.

cracks me up man, this is why i never do this message board crap, this thing is for people bitching and complaining and all you guys sit here and complain that people are complaining.... i really dont understand.

original_prankster
05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, 3 topics about how the GH sucks is enough. Don't you think?

Jesus
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
you know what? all those songs are "greatest hits" everyone who said those songs arent greatest hits is a moron because a lot of the songs on the cd are radio hits. fuck the radio and all that bullshit, offspring rock some seious socks and to say.... OFFSPRINGS GREATEST HITS, does this album wrong, fuckin call it OFFSPRINGS GREATEST RADIO HITS. and you know what?? Fuck all you douche bags who think the lineup is a good one.

copy/paste from one of the zillion greatest hits topics: jksgfsdkfsdfgsd, because "greatest hits" means "The Offspring's Most Famous Singles"! A "best of" means the best songs which is subjective, thus almost impossible to do. A "greatest hits" album means singles since they are the hits... on a best of one could find pay the man (in my opinion), but not on a greatest hits. Basic semantics people!

The tracklist (stop using the idiotic term line-up please) thus can't be good nor bad, since it's a greatest hits album and what should be on it is on it. Besides it doesn't mather whats on it since you have all the stuff anyway.

Conclusion: It's your own fault that you suck at semantics and please don't consider procreating. And if you're 13, then you probably wouldn't know the offspring if it wasn't for one of the hits.

Jesus
05-12-2005, 03:41 PM
unfortunately the tour will most likely consist of the greatest hits listings!

probably not on the warped tour (just like when they did the inland invasion a few years ago)

JohnnyNemesis
05-12-2005, 03:41 PM
DirtyMagic13, I sincerely hope you die a most painful death within the next five minutes, you worthless waste of bandwidth. Eat shit and fuck off, as I've given up on logical reasoning with you.

Greatest Radio Hits rather than Greatest Hits? Do you even know what the term "Hit" means , you stupid fuck? THE RADIO, AND WHAT IS PLAYED ON IT DETERMINES WHAT A HIT IS! NOT YOU.

"Favorites" is a different story, fucktard.

ASP
05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Get the fuck over it, you little crybaby dipshit. You can't change the lineup by bitching about it. People need to stop complaining about such trival matters. If you are so enraged by the line up, then don't buy it, don't bitch about it to us, and save us the effort of having to respond to such moronic threads!

curuja
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Get the fuck over it, you little crybaby dipshit. You can't change the lineup by bitching about it. People need to stop complaining about such trival matters. If you are so enraged by the line up, then don't buy it, don't bitch about it to us, and save us the effort of having to respond to such moronic threads!
Yeah! I totally agree with you! theres no why to argue that, if somebody dont like the line up just shutup and dont buy the fuckin cd! easy as that.. put your fat ass in the chair and wait for the next "new songs album"!

Jake
05-12-2005, 05:14 PM
cant they be happy....ever

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Nononononoonono x100

Thats not what I wanted to do. But yeah, 10 studio albums... Awesome thought. :D

oh no, i wasn't refering to you. i was talking about those people eho come on the board, read a little clip about something, and create a big deal about it.

china still cool, you pay later.LATER!

Camilamazed
05-13-2005, 07:42 AM
join the club crybaby.

Perfectly said hehheheheh :D

CSX
05-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't care about the tracklist, I have em all, who cares

But I only wish they'd pulled off something better cause of the crappy reviews thisll get. From what I've seen most greatest hits get bad reviews...it takes a pretty decent package like Greendays International Superhits to get otherwise. I know they dont matter much...but I'd still like to see the offspring do well, who here wouldn't? The dvd better be good to make up.

Gayman
05-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Is the Greatest Hits going to be only a two cd pack....the songs and the dvd?

curuja
05-13-2005, 01:34 PM
"...Greatest Hits will be released in both DualDisc and standard CD configurations...."
thats answer your question..

mr uk man
05-13-2005, 01:38 PM
older songs r much better but its done now so bad luck
walla walla should have been on it!!!!

0r4ng3
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
older songs r much better but its done now so bad luck
walla walla should have been on it!!!!
How many times do people have to say this? Walla Walla is not a hit song! Hits go on Greatest Hits. Songs that are not hits do not go on Greatest Hits. Get what I'm saying?

mr uk man
05-13-2005, 01:43 PM
ok fair enough but there should be a fan album or something

yamabeans709
05-13-2005, 05:38 PM
im just angry that meaning of life isnt on it, thats my favorite song to get hyper and pumped up

Moose
05-13-2005, 05:51 PM
well you see, no songs from ignition or s/t were GREAT HITS. You do know that the CD is called Greatest Hits?

ive seen this argument before, but the red hot chili peppers greatest hits didnt involve all singles or great hits.

neocon58
05-13-2005, 05:52 PM
for fucks sake, its called a 'greatest hits' cd! Ignition and S/T were not great hits, fag!

I know im not the only one not suprised at the tracklist.

Satankaban
05-13-2005, 10:06 PM
I am also dissapointed there are no songs from S/T or Ignition. And I think that Offspring has got more better songs than "Pretty fly" and "Why donīt you get a job". There could be "Dirty magic" and "The meaning of life" on their place. And I miss there "Million miles away" and "Kill the president" (Bush would get mad if he heard "Kill the president" on the radio!)! Iīm satisfied with the rest.

neocon58
05-14-2005, 03:35 AM
for fucks sake, its called a 'greatest hits' cd! Ignition and S/T were not great hits, fag!

I know im not the only one not suprised at the tracklist.

Quoting myself.

Stop complaining.

Living in Chaos
05-14-2005, 05:00 AM
yes I agree with neocon58. The Greatest Hits is supposed to have on it songs that were released as singles that were HITS. I didnt see any songs off S/T or Ignition that were hit singles. Although i think Dirty Magic should've been a single

Swill
05-14-2005, 05:44 AM

im fair sick of these people wasting thread space on this trival matter!!!!!We all love ST and Ignition.but they didnt create greatest hits therefore.there not on the greatest hits. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!I did and so did the vast majority of everyone else!!!!
________
Upskirt Vid (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/42/upskirt/videos/1)

offspringintenselyrock
05-14-2005, 05:54 AM
It's greatest HITs not greatest songs, yes I'm generally a bit dissapointed in the line up but there's no use in moaning is there?

Your frog is mesmerising me.

teodozjan
05-14-2005, 05:54 AM
I see the lineup and i see no session, jennifer lost the war, beheaded, forever and a day, dirty magic..... makes me truly sad.

Did you now that greatest hits mostly have videos? Every song from the Greatest hits have one. So even though dirty magic sounds zajebiście can't be commercial sucess.

IMHO Relasing Greatest hits annoy me even band is as good as TheOffspring.

icklebabygremlin
05-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Its not the greatest hits its the singles y call it that :mad:

neocon58
05-14-2005, 05:14 PM
a majority of the people on this board are stupid cunts who have no knowledge of what 'greatest hits' means. the singles were hits (eg, they sold tons of copies) just because you like a song that isn't a single, it doesn't mean anyone else does.

*sigh* some people with never be satisfied. They are releasing a DualDisc CD and a 2 1/2 hour DVD and your all still moaning! Fuck off and die.