PDA

View Full Version : how's ur family?

giggles
11-04-2004, 01:51 PM
what about ur home lifes?? my 'home life's a wreck' cuz of my mother, she's abnormal, i swear... i live with her and with my sister, my dad's live in usa, florida, and i don't know him at all :( but i want to find him....

Chris
11-04-2004, 01:52 PM
its all about moving out when you get the chance.

giggles
11-04-2004, 01:54 PM
yeah...but i must wait until i'm 18....fuck, it's in 3 years time!!

Snoopy
11-04-2004, 02:00 PM
my family is... distant and reserved.

but i got used to that.

JoY
11-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I live on my own, which makes huge difference. I couldn't cope very easily with everyone's limitations, but now they're not constantly around me, I can accept them just fine & even like most of them.

my parents are... really goddam nice actually. I come from a warm, loving home. every family has it's problems & so has had mine. my dad's been in love for a nice long while with a good friend of my mom - my brother never lived up to any expectations, not even his own, which must have been extremely frustrating - I had my problems, which no one in the family really knew how to deal with & yeah.. when things like that are going on, your family suddenly seems the most awful thing on earth, coming straight from the center of hell. but it's not. everyone has their obvious & less obvious flaws & the trick is to live with it & simply accept it as a part of them. that doesn't mean, by the way, that you have to put up with everything. the other way around actually.

good fine. enough Dr. Phill for one day.

Chris
11-04-2004, 02:23 PM
My home life is kind of......constricting - which is why im quite looking forward to permanently moving out and getting some much needed independance. Before now, its been pretty stable although perhaps too many siblings living at home though.

wheelchairman
11-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Pretty much the same as Chris.

Right now my dad is going to sleep after drinking a bottle of red wine. (he's a teacher in one of the worst school's in Denmark, so I would say it's alright.)

My mom can't speak Danish so she chooses not to work, she's been going to club-like things arranged by the American Women's Association.

My brother talks to weird people on the phone at weird times at night and has started wearing a dark bracelet. I believe he has a girlfriend and is keeping her secret.

My sister has had a bad ear infection and the doctors have been completely incompetent. I'd go into more detail but really it's quite an awful situation she's been in.

JoY
11-05-2004, 05:31 AM
good god, am I the only one that is 'down' with her family??

Kitten
11-05-2004, 05:38 AM
I moved out as soon I was 18. Other than that home life where I am now can be good sometimes, bad other times.

fairy call
11-05-2004, 05:41 AM
my family's pretty normal i guess, my mom and dad are still together, and we dont have major problems or anything, actually, we never had those as far as i can remember. But im not really close with my family, and now my brother goes to university, its really quiet at home and i miss him a lot

but i probably love my family more than i think sometimes.

JoY
11-05-2004, 05:46 AM
haha, before I moved out, I thought I seriously had to end myself to get out of my family's strangling grip. but it all isn't so bad. I was 19, when I left the nest for the Big Dutch Apple.
there've been times, when I thought any family would be better, than mine. I guess that's normal, I guess that's puberty. I guess it overall just kicks ass to move out. I even talk freely about sex with my mom now (we do!! dude, it STILL surprises the hell out of me) & something even much more surprising; I can get along with my brother real well now, who will be 26 soon. we've beaten each other up for at least 18 years, it was terrible.

fairy call
11-05-2004, 05:49 AM
i fought a lot with my brother too when i was younger, but the last 3 years we really get along, its so boring when hes not at home, i really look forward to weekends now

MindlessSelfIndulgent
11-05-2004, 05:51 AM
My mom and sister are fine. My dads a retard. Lah, blah.

wliethof
11-05-2004, 06:37 AM
parents are divorced, both have new partners I have 1 brother, 2 stepbrothers and a stepsis from mums bf and a little stepsister from dad's gf. I guess they're all fine. onlt see dad's gf's daughter often. she's 10 and really cool. my brother is still weird, we get along better though.

JoY
11-05-2004, 07:19 AM
aw, your brother is a sweetheart! you always got along just fine. bit of screaming & disagreements here & there, but that's just brotherhood. ;p tell him I said hi, if he'd like that at least.

wliethof
11-05-2004, 07:32 AM
I will. whenever I talk to him again.

JoY
11-05-2004, 07:33 AM
nice, thanks.=)