PDA

View Full Version : Who do you blame for the boards decline...

neocon58
05-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Into an overpopulted haven for noobs.

Well, not noobs, just stupid people/pointless thread makers?

I guess we could blame the greatest hits release..

But I blame tele.

Endymion
05-15-2005, 02:51 AM
i blame noodles.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-15-2005, 02:52 AM
I blame Bush.

notoriousdoc
05-15-2005, 02:53 AM
I blame Telkinesis,GH and Can't repeat because they have sucked up all the threads on the boards recently

neocon58
05-15-2005, 02:54 AM
i blame noodles.

good point. as soon as a member of the band appears, about 5654 new members emerge and start making pointless threads.

the_GoDdEsS
05-15-2005, 02:56 AM
The general decline of humanity caused by media, brainwashing, information boom, peer pressure, current definitions of fashion, consumerism, capitalism and materialist values and several thousands of cases of living individuals who should have been aborted.

wliethof
05-15-2005, 02:58 AM
elitism seems to be good one here

Vicky
05-15-2005, 03:00 AM

<3 for that

notoriousdoc
05-15-2005, 03:01 AM
Ooh, ooh, The distinct lack of theunholynightbringer lately

neocon58
05-15-2005, 03:02 AM
several thousands of cases of living individuals who should have been aborted.

Everybody just loves Telekenesis, don't they!

Punk_Conspiracy
05-15-2005, 03:20 AM
I blame Tripper

DEXJR
05-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Omg Nobodys Mencined Me So I Mecin Me!!! :d

Flexing Wings
05-15-2005, 09:57 AM

Wouldn't elitism be more to do with the reason that certain 'noobs' are simply not accepted... no matter what they do? It just seems to me, speaking as a 'noob', that if people were told the way things work, rather than just demeaned for the sake of it, they would learn faster and not be forced to either kiss ass or desperately try and prove themselves... thus stopping pointless threads...

Just a theory.

Vera
05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
It's a cruel place for newbies, this bbs, sure.

I guess you could say the 1337 has prejudice against you unless you suddenly friend someone from the 1337 and then everyone's like "Oh, look, a rare cool n00b!".

I think the problem with some n00bs is that they think post count is somehow a status symbol. It's not. Cool, funny posts and well-elaborated opinions are and those usually go a long way into proving the old folk that you're someone worth paying attention to.

Like say, Flexing Wings seems like a cool enough newbie but I have never seen the name before. It takes some time before a person becomes recognizable to the regular visitors. Also, Flexing Wings has a point about having some sort of guidelines to this forum - then again, those would take part of the fun at sniping stupid people etc but if the guidelines would lesson stupid threads and posts being made then it'd work for everyone's benefit.

Vicky and Willem, practise what you preach. When was the last time you were really nice to a newbie?

As for the topic's question - Trip's right, it's always been shit. Learn to love it.

Vicky
05-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Vicky and Willem, practise what you preach. When was the last time you were really nice to a newbie?

I've befriend a couple, and I'm not mean for no reason at all to them, either. *shrug*

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Ooh, ooh, The distinct lack of theunholynightbringer lately

I concur .

Vera
05-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Trust me, there's always a reason.

And yeah, so much better being mean to people who considered you a friend than to absolute strangers online.

RXP
05-15-2005, 10:22 AM
I really don't see how the board sucks. Ther'es different groups in here now sure. Buyt the old timers sitll have their threads, the newbies have there. Share fuckers. That's onet hign I don't like about oldtimers, they're elitist. It's a public message board. Let people be.

Vera
05-15-2005, 10:28 AM
We're elitist because we know our worth.

RXP
05-15-2005, 10:29 AM
That's just incorrect. It's to the reader your worth is quantified. To me you are worth say Ģ2. But Subsidal is worth Ģ0.001. To another user she's worth Ģ10 and you're worth Ģ0.

omg math.

Vera
05-15-2005, 10:32 AM
To the board's overall intelligence level, we are worth around Ģ3,000.

Fact.

RXP
05-15-2005, 10:35 AM
You (I), we speak of intelligence as if we have a monopoly on teh term. If one posts like dis wiv out spelling properly n uses txt speek they are branded stupid. This, however, is not true. I know plenty of people who post like this who would rock the socks off any one here for smarts (like people on my degree)

Vera
05-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Are you taking me seriously again? Because I'm not being serious.

I think one's internet behaviour does tell us something about what their intelligence level in real life is because really, what considerate and intelligent person would want to make a point online using netspeek? What purpose would it serve other than to make one look absolute idiotic to those who do bother with capital letters and proper spelling and punctuation?

And if we all began to spel liek dis, would we not appear to be just paroding others rather than still being just as smart as we are but lazier with our way of expressing ourselves?

coke_a_holic
05-15-2005, 10:57 AM
This board is bad because we all are too intelligent to accept those who are not. We speak in complete sentences, and detest those who forget their apostraphes and periods. It's all because all the noobs that join has never been on a board where they're expected to use correct English.

0r4ng3
05-15-2005, 11:02 AM
This board is bad because we all are too intelligent to accept those who are not. We speak in complete sentences, and detest those who forget their apostraphes and periods. It's all because all the noobs that join has never been on a board where they're expected to use correct English.
...and then we (you) greet them with offering to beat them with a dictionary. Seriously, though, some people that have been guests, and even members, for a long time still type in "omg"s and "lolz"s, and whatever else makes my head hurt when I try to read it.

RXP
05-15-2005, 11:04 AM
I think one's internet behaviour does tell us something about what their intelligence level in real life is because really

Granted some. Someone who doesn't talk with tx speek would ahve a higher perpensity to not be stupid. But hte fact of the matter is a lot of poeple use abbrv. for good reason - they cannot type quick.

RXP
05-15-2005, 11:06 AM
But sir, to quote the philospher Keating, "words are all I have"

coke_a_holic
05-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I blame a lack of a heirchial system that rewards people desperate enough to care about how many posts they have(like titles past senior member).

Then people try way too hard to be cool with words, and that's where it all goes bad
I think you're mistaken. With a hierarchial system there would be more posts. Kids would be making posts like "yeah! (TEN CHARACTERS)" just so that they could reach the next title faster. It's bad now too, with the Senior Members and whatnot, because people try hard so that they can be one the elders of the board.

Flexing Wings
05-15-2005, 11:19 AM
But This Thread Is Gay has a point about all this spineless persicution to make yourselves feel great... sure it's a kick but if you're all that fucking intelligent surely you realise that it doesn't make you better or more worthy than anyone else, your just lucky to be able to express yourself with articulacy...

But generally fuck that... I just hope that the 'noobs' of now can rise above it and not just get bitterly trigger happy when we're finally accepted and have the so-called 'power' to treat others like that.

coke_a_holic
05-15-2005, 11:24 AM
We need Vlad to hack the board again and change all the titles according to his whims.

I think I used to be "Sex God" or something similar.
That's pretty sweet. Sex God... I was once on a website where my title was like Alaskan Camera Bag or something. It was so weird.

JoY
05-15-2005, 11:30 AM
how can you take this thread seriously, when it's made by one of those, who he speaks of?

Flexing Wings
05-15-2005, 11:38 AM
To Trip:

What you've said is right. But what I mean is that I think it's about time some oldies accepted respobsibility as the creators of certain attention seeking members such as telekinesis, who only threads to seek approval from those who mock her.

I know nothing.

Flexing Wings
05-15-2005, 11:41 AM
And therefore complaining about it is really stupid. As the easiest way to stop it is to tell it like it is and educate without mockery.

Linda
05-15-2005, 12:14 PM
This board is shit for only one reason.

The majority of the so-called 1337 are too full of themselves and think they are God's gifts to the world. NOT! As far as I'm concerned, they're merely people who have to rely on the internet to be 1337 'cos they have no life outside of the internet. I often wonder if they hassle people in real life like they do online, and how many black eyes they've received for it, or if they're just too chicken shit to hassle people in real life. In my opinion, either way, they're all a bunch of losers.

RXP
05-15-2005, 12:20 PM
wtf is 1337? A reference to a date?

Vera
05-15-2005, 12:21 PM
The majority of the so-called 1337 are too full of themselves and think they are God's gifts to the world. NOT!

When you say it like that, you're basically saying that 1337 aren't full of themselves and that we don't think we're god's gifts to the world.

You should've said, "They're God's gifts to the world ...NOT! They're just no-life twits who're full of themselves."

When you bash us, make sure you do it properly. Leave no room for other interpretations than what you're really trying to say.

Flexing Wings
05-15-2005, 12:26 PM
*stifles laughter*

Okay. You go on and 'educate' these brain-dead semi-literate mongaloids. I'll stand here and squeeze a rock until it bleeds. Pfft.

*watches knuckles whiten... but is distracted by word mongaloid.

Linda
05-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Not eveyone twists people's words around to mean what THEY want them to mean. The smart people here know exactly what I was saying. Didn't you see the PERIOD after that sentence before the NOT? Retard, go do what you do best, SUCK!

RXP
05-15-2005, 12:41 PM
I want some of that sucking goodness.

(is this what you mean by pervy, Vera?)

icklebabygremlin
05-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I blame witlow

Vera
05-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Not eveyone twists people's words around to mean what THEY want them to mean. The smart people here know exactly what I was saying. Didn't you see the PERIOD after that sentence before the NOT? Retard, go do what you do best, SUCK!
I noticed the period. And it still means what I said it means. The NOT! denies the previously said.

Like "Oh, you're so clever. NOT!"

Let's just say you fail at English. It's okay. It's perfectly understandable that a 17 year old Finn kicks your arse in your own language.

Noodles is gay
05-15-2005, 12:50 PM
*watches knuckles whiten... but is distracted by word mongaloid.

humm...so you've noticed the fact that Tripboy has been spelling the word 'mongoloid' wrong for some time now too? :cool:

ASP
05-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Telekenesis, tripboy imposters, all the morons, and probably me.

Linda
05-15-2005, 01:00 PM
The fact remains that you are one of the 1337 that have to rely on the internet to be 1337 'cos you have no life outside of the internet. I often wonder if you hassle people in real life like you do online, and how many black eyes you've received for it, or if you're just too chicken shit to hassle people in real life. In my opinion, either way, you're a loser.

JoY
05-15-2005, 01:07 PM
goddam what nonsense you're spreading now, Linda. jaysus my fucking god. do you expect any of us, who happen to be friends here (if you hadn't noticed; we call ourselves '1337' as a fucking joke), to be mean to anyone in real life? we all are just a bunch of fluffy bunnies. (& yes, I feel like you directed your post to me, because I'm also one of those who joke about being '1337' & because I enjoy talking to the persons you're definitely referring to) we don't -really- hurt anyone online, so why would we offline? do you really think people, who speak so openly & freely about their lives, don't have lives outside the internet? it's the ones that have truly -have- a life, that have something to talk about & that express so much about it, because they experience a lot in real life & just need to talk about it. you KNOW this, so don't act like you don't.

Linda
05-15-2005, 01:16 PM
hahaha If that's true, why are you so upset? And how do you know whether or not you hurt the newbies you're always slagging? Do you talk to them in real life? You should know people all feel different about things, and words can really hurt some people, but none of you so-called 1337 seem to think or care about that. If you want to always discuss your "personal lives"
you should do it in email or PM. Why subject the whole board to it? Who really gives a damn except for you and your "friends"? Jesus-fucking-christ, there's just no getting thru to you losers.

JoY
05-15-2005, 01:20 PM
so you don't deny we do have lives & quite thrilling ones, too?

who says I'm upset. I'm just the only one, who bothered to explain.

& if any of our words hurt anyone, it's not us who are hurting them, but they themselves. if "I don't find you interesting", or "your post don't show any creativity" HURT someone, he/she already has a serious problem to begin with, that we never caused.

Betty
05-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I think all this talk about it being a bad place for "n00bz" is bullshit.

Okay well, no. It IS hard, but it has nothing to do with people being mean or unaccepting towards them. Clearly if you're going to start posting on a BBS, it is going to take a while to be noticed. You just have to accept that. If you have good things to say, you WILL be noticed and liked. If you have REALLY good things to say (and flirt with all the women) you will probably be noticed much sooner (sound familiar?) If you act like a total "noob", it will delay the process. If you take it slow and don't overstep your boundaries, things will work out.

I think the problem is that most people who post are just either not very bright, or really have nothing of interest to say. This does not mean that they are bad people (unless they are total annoying assholes), just that nobody will ever really care about them, except for other people who are like them. Even among the older members, there are still different groups. There are those who like each other because of intelligence/insight/wit/opinion/etc and there are those who like each other simply because they are "friendly" towards one another, and all they really need is somebody to be friends with.

That said, I think it's kinda hypocritical to be all "I love everybody in the world, I am a kind person to all, everybody is special and should be respected" and then call a bunch of people on a message board "idiots". For me personally I can't help but feel elitist to an extent in my day to day life and online, but I know my faults, and am generally fairly humble, most times anyway, I'm sure it shows through. I will hang out and be friendly to people who I feel don't have much to offer in terms of intellectual stimulation, but I can never consider them as really great friends, etc. It's the same way online. You can't expect people to be great friends with people who just aren't compatible.

RXP
05-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Linda's the truth!

JoY
05-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I second what Betty said.

Linda
05-15-2005, 04:25 PM
so you don't deny we do have lives & quite thrilling ones, too?

If your lives were so thrilling you wouldn't spend most of your day and night online.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-15-2005, 04:28 PM
... says 2,381 posts.

At least I admit I enjoy my time here.

Camilamazed
05-15-2005, 04:58 PM
I Know I may be dumb saying this but....There it goes....

1) I still think that if most of people here do not like the Noobs, why don't just ignore them???

2) If one think he/she is too much Intelligent to discuss about things with people around here, why don't just go to a differente kind of board???

3) Internet is not a place where you can tell if a person is smart or not....

"I think it's kinda hypocritical to be all "I love everybody in the world, I am a kind person to all, everybody is special and should be respected"
Is that about me???????

Betty
05-15-2005, 05:00 PM
No! You actually are that way Camila. You are just way too nice.

I'm talking about the one who act holier than though at times and then are really mean to people online at others. Partly just because it's easy to get away with online.

Seiraryu
05-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm rather critical of people both on- and offline, but I tend to keep it to myself. Why bother voicing it when the people I'm critical of are usually to stupid to understand why I'm criticizing them?

~ Manu.

Camilamazed
05-15-2005, 05:06 PM
No! You actually are that way Camila. You are just way too nice.

I'm talking about the one who act holier than though at times and then are really mean to people online at others. Partly just because it's easy to get away with online.

Oh. I thought it was about me.... Thank you by the way....

Camilamazed
05-15-2005, 05:08 PM
If your lives were so thrilling you wouldn't spend most of your day and night online.

Linda , I beg to differ this time... (I know you're not talkign about me).

I DO have a life but I spend a lot of time on line. I just love it. I can asure most of you that it is POSSIBLE to have a life online and offline. :D

HornyPope
05-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Listen here, baby
and stop acting so crazy
You say your mum ainīt home,
it ainīt my concern,
Just play with me and you wonīt get burned

Oh! Move over, Rover
and let Jimi take over
Yeah, you know what Iīm talking ībout
Yeah, get on with it, baby
Thatīs what Iīm talking ībout
Now dig this!
Ha!
Now listen, baby

I have only one itching desire
Let me stand next to your fire

Chris
05-15-2005, 06:29 PM
too cliquey.

neocon58
05-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Hahahahaha! Joy's been here for four or five years. n00b.

i though you meant this bbs. fuck. how noobish of me.

Linda
05-15-2005, 06:44 PM
There are idiots who've been here for years and years and still won't leave... not naming names, or anything.

'cos you're the #1 idiot here that won't leave.

Linda
05-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Too sad for you there are alot more people here now that would agree with me than there were 5 years ago. You're not king shit around here anymore, Justin.

nitropenguin!
05-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Linda, can you please sketch down some unpredictable comebacks in advance? It'd do you some good.

Linda
05-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Who the hell are you?

nitropenguin!
05-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Someone who hasn't been watching you for very long and already agrees with Trip's opinion of you.

Linda
05-15-2005, 07:10 PM
*looks at your location*

Oh, OK, that explains why I don't know you. I tend to ignore people from there....all I've seen from there are idiots and look...you're another one! :rolleyes:

You don't know the history behind it all, so butt out.

UgLy_eLf
05-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Cliques..........and message...10..characters...................Yeah..

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Oh, OK, that explains why I don't know you. I tend to ignore people from there....all I've seen from there are idiots and look...you're another one! :rolleyes:

Is that because everyone you've met from Canada thinks you're a fucknut?

Congratulations! Canada hates you.

You don't know the history behind it all, so butt out.

I know the history. I still agree with Trip's opinion. I wouldn't if just for once you would somehow redeem yourself properly without thinking you're the queen (king?) and we're just a bunch of idiots. But not once have I ever seen it. Anyone who tries to be nice to you, you befriend for a little while, but as soon as they give any kind of small criticism, however well-meaning and constructive, you go insane at them. This is why no one wants to befriend you on here. It's too much effort and frankly, not worth it. Trust me.. I know.