PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Offspring and everyone else

splinter281
05-15-2005, 08:33 AM
First of all, the funny thing is, I've been an Offspring fan for 7 years, only 7 because I was 10 years old when I started listening to music. I've been a fan that long but only day discovered these forums...

I shall start off by saying that the Offspring should -not- be put in the same category as all the crappy emo bands out there. The Offspring are and always will be in my view, their own type of music, which I have classified as speed punk, though they have changed over the years.

When I found out that they were part of the Warped Tour I was actually really upset, and I don't know if anyone else felt this way. The reason I was upset is because the Offspring are now going to play with a whole bunch of low-life crap bands that the Offspring shouldn't associate with.

The difference between the offspring and everyone else is that the Offspring was formed in...86 was it? That's nearly -20- years. They are music legends and now they are going to tour with a bands that deserve to lick the Offspring's feet
In my view, the Offspring have been going slightly off course , even though they are still my favorite band. The self-titled cd is by far my most favorite music I've heard from my whole music experience. Ignition was very close to this category. Same with Smash...and Ixnay was still pretty cool. But with the release of Americana, after viewing their previous CD's, it seemed maybe the Offspring was getting a little too caught up in the mainstream and not focusing on what their hard-core fans really wanted.

I'm not going to say Americana was a bad cd, because it wasn't. Neither was Conspiracy or Splinter. The point I'm trying to make is that Offspring is changing, and I don't want them to. They used to be different from everyone else and I want them to stay that way.

-Jordan: Hard-core Offspring fan since the days of music...

Marit
05-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Me personally, don't think it should matter what their "hardcore fans" want, I think they should make music the way they want to (whether or not they do that, I don't know of course).

But then again, that's just me....

IdleOffspring
05-15-2005, 09:37 AM
everybody changes, everything changes

The offspring rocks, all albums are masterpieces and they are the best.

They need to enjoy it, then I enjoy it.

The Offspring is the coolest band in the world!

0r4ng3
05-15-2005, 09:56 AM
When I first downloaded Da Hui before Splinter came out, it said the genre was "Skate Punk", which I think is pretty cool.

Revolver-2005?
05-15-2005, 10:15 AM
hey dude i agree with u...i wish the offspring wasnt changing so much...but hey let them play with crappy bands so they can show them up lol

ASP
05-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Who cares what they decide to do with a tour. They are doing what they think is best for the band. So just go to the warped tour show nearest you, if only to see the Offspring, and quit bitching about it. None of the other bands are as good as them, but they aren't bad, so just get the fuck over it. It is not your place to who they should and should not tour with. That is no one's decision, but theirs. If you don't like it, then don't go. Disaster averted.