PDA

View Full Version : Attention Fat Girls

HornyPope
05-16-2005, 04:16 AM
Why are you fat?

I know it bothers you. You do wanna look better. Not for anyone in particular maybe, but to be proud of your own self. Why don't you then? It's a simple matter of your own will.

Inshane
05-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Im not fat, I never really was, but I did gain a lot of weight when my Chronical Fatique Syndrom started. I layed in bed for a year so thats not really good for your physical condition. so I know what it was like to be -fatter- than other people my age and how I couldnt do anything about it. With me it seriously was my disease, no excuses. But I lost it again. The heaviest I got was 66kg when I was 13/14. Now I just turned 17 and I weigh 58.

Jesus
05-16-2005, 05:04 AM
Why are you fat?

Because food is good, hell 3/4 of the word is similar too.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome isn't a disease, it's 'medical jargon' for laziness.

I suppose it's just a coincidence that 95% of people I know with CFS wake up to a bucket-bong every morning.

With you it's probably not a coincidence...

Inshane
05-16-2005, 05:11 AM

haha, is that supposed to be insulting? something you'd probably agree with was a therapy they threw at me in a hospital in Nijmegen. The purpose of the therapy was to brainwash me, they tried to make me think I was mentally sick and because of that I made up all of my problems to get others their attention. Its sad that a lot of people believe in what they do at that hospital, I was the only one that said : fuck off and I left. Later I understood why my parents were not allowed to join the -sessions- etc.

so if you feel like insulting me you'll have to try harder.

meaning_of_life
05-16-2005, 05:28 AM
your spot on there. both my parents are doctors and they laugh at the idea its a serious disease. "a hypochondriacs excuse for being lazy", they say.

Trippy
05-16-2005, 05:31 AM
ive wondered the same, just dont fucking eat, simple as that. i could be days without eating if i really wanted to and needed that, but im in good shape already. its much easier to lose weight than get it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-16-2005, 05:34 AM
^ Incorrect. The more you starve yourself, the more your body holds onto your fat. Starving yourself doesn't work.

ninth
05-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Wait, if I recall correctly, doesn't Trippy have bitch tits?

meaning_of_life
05-16-2005, 05:36 AM
Wait, if I recall correctly, doesn't Trippy have bitch tits?
heh, ive seen that pic too. trippy you big-breasted hypocrite.

phoenix
05-16-2005, 05:51 AM
Why are you fat?

I know it bothers you. You do wanna look better. Not for anyone in particular maybe, but to be proud of your own self. Why don't you then? It's a simple matter of your own will.

why are you a dick?

ninth
05-16-2005, 05:53 AM
I see nothing in that quote that would lead to the label of dick.

Dirty Bertie
05-16-2005, 06:06 AM
My mate has a fat bird. He reckons that she is a much better lay than the skinny variety - something about pillows of flesh to hold on to...

RXP
05-16-2005, 06:13 AM
"It's glandular, it's a disease, etc. etc."

Shifting blame is awesome if you're a weak bitch.

That's fuckin true for some people tho. It's like in responce to a skinny guy (Ala me) why don't you do something about it. It's pretty damn hard and a full time job to put on weight. Sometimes life gets in the way ofyour cosmetic goals.

ninth
05-16-2005, 06:17 AM
My mate has a fat bird. He reckons that she is a much better lay than the skinny variety - something about pillows of flesh to hold on to...
Lame guys that can only get fat broads would say that.

JoY
05-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Inshane-Nina; you have had ME? (yeah, I'd rather speak of ME, than CFS, because frankly, it sounds like Cystic Fibrosis & it confuses me)

I'm not comparing, but a girl in my year of the student-group also has had it. she's such a seemingly strong girl. she sports three hours a day, five days a week. as her therapy for ME, they kept her awake for three weeks. in the 'groentijd', whenever someone said "man, I'm tired" (pretty logical statement, when you've slept 3 hours per night five weeks in a row) she furiously turned around; "don't give me that shit, you asshole. I've been tired my whole life. I'm sick, you bastard." she seemed pretty tough, as she was the one who always kept us awake (especially me, because frankly my body just gave up on being awake & I stood & sat sleeping wherever, whenever), she was the one always staying up, shoulders back, nose in the air, teaching us all we had to know for the board, so we wouldn't get into trouble.

she's obviously a recovered ME-patient. let's just state that. there was no one with more strength in the group than her. I used to admire that, until I saw how she failed to connect with anyone. everything you said to her, would backfire on you. "how are you doing, chicka?" "why, bitch? do I look abnormal to you??" I ignored a broken leg for a night & a day, then went to the hospital. on the way there, she called me & I said I thought my leg was broken. she said "don't always be such a fucking drama-queen."

she convinced all of us, that it was a physical problem they just hadn't found the cause of. I'm now willing to believe that, now I know her better, only because I believe every mental problem is closely connected to a physical one. she always worked out in a way it seemed more like she was torturing her body, making her tougher than she was. watching her in a gym was as horrifying as watching a girl with self-hatred cut herself furiously in her arms.

now my 'jaargenoot' (to who you always feel some kind of connection, because you go through the 'groentijd' together) has been hospitalised. not for ME, not for a social disorder, not for self-hatred or being too obsessive with herself, but just another syndrom; anorexia. her tough attitude turns out to be nothing more or less than what the word implies; an attitude. & all her problems seem to be symtoms of something she isn't willing to deal with.

both anorexia & CFS are diseases. oh, I'd never deny that. but I'm also quite convinced that they're symptoms that surface of a problem that find it's roots much deeper.

JoY
05-16-2005, 07:12 AM
That's fuckin true for some people tho. It's like in responce to a skinny guy (Ala me) why don't you do something about it. It's pretty damn hard and a full time job to put on weight. Sometimes life gets in the way ofyour cosmetic goals.
true.
my excuse that I put on so much weight, is that I broke my leg, stayed in bed for five weeks, doing nothing else than lying still & eating my brains out. because fuck, when I feel bad, I just need a bite.

in the first period, when you enter the studentclub I'm in, you don't get to sleep much. not much at all. when I feel energy-less, either physically or mentally, I grab for food. so whenever I encounter a bit of drama, I put on weight. it's fucking pathetic. & it always takes me time to get used to the fact my body suddenly has grown, in which period I always thoroughly hate my own guts, which makes me eat more. then I come to some sort of acceptance & lose the fucking stuff in times my life seems better. & I'm busy losing all the weight I put on all the while I'm remotely happy, until there comes a period of time the world seems to suck again. fucking hell. I fucking suck every now & then. but I'm learning to control it, just because I want to.

JoY
05-16-2005, 07:14 AM
If CFS is a legitimate disease, then it's grossly overdiagnosed. I'd say about 90% of people diagnosed with it are simply lazy fucks.

Just like 90% of people diagnosed with ADHD are just annoying little shits with no discipline. Oh, you have ADHD? Poor baby, let's fill you up with pharmaceutical speed to help you 'focus'. I mean, what kind of bullshit is that? A good smack to the back of the head is what they need, not boatloads of amphetamines.
I fully agree.

JoY
05-16-2005, 07:18 AM
^ Incorrect. The more you starve yourself, the more your body holds onto your fat. Starving yourself doesn't work.
true. what works is small meals at least two hours apart from each other. make sure your tractus digestivus stays active. avoid food that consists of either a lot of sugars, or fat. & if that doesn't work, well, then a disease -might- be an excuse.

Evil-Dead
05-16-2005, 08:33 AM
fat chicks rule

if you want to lose weight become an alcoholic --> all booze and no food

JoY
05-16-2005, 08:35 AM
*raises eyebrow*

you do know alcohol slows down digestion & consists mainly out of sugars?

satitania
05-16-2005, 08:37 AM
what works is good diet and exercise - lots of it, a lot of people look for miracle solutions. It really sucks for people who have things like hypothyroidism, where they cant do anything about it, which really is a medical condition, what a shame.

Nina
05-16-2005, 08:37 AM
i hate all these diet-lies that are spread all over the world.
one of them is to stop eating anything after 6pm for three weeks. i dunno WHY it has to be 6pm, i dunno WHY it has to be for three weeks, and i dunno WHY people actually believe that this works with every type of person, no matter how they are build, but it pisses me off till no end even if i did knew.
i'm by no means overweight, but i wouldnt mind losing 4kg. why i dont? because i am lazy (i hate working out), because i love food (speaks for itself) and because i fear that i might overdo it.
yeah.

satitania
05-16-2005, 08:38 AM
fat chicks rule

if you want to lose weight become an alcoholic --> all booze and no food

dumb ass

alcohol inhibits gluceonogenesis...the process that releases sugars into your blood stream, what results is less sugars in your blood stream, which gives your body the feeling of being hungry, you tend to eat more when you drink.

satitania
05-16-2005, 08:40 AM
i hate all these diet-lies that are spread all over the world.
one of them is to stop eating anything after 6pm for three weeks. i dunno WHY it has to be 6pm, i dunno WHY it has to be for three weeks, and i dunno WHY people actually believe that this works with every type of person, no matter how they are build, but it pisses me off till no end even if i did knew.
i'm by no means overweight, but i wouldnt mind losing 4kg. why i dont? because i am lazy (i hate working out), because i love food (speaks for itself) and because i fear that i might overdo it.
yeah.

that actually has truth to it, the later you eat the less likely you are to burn off the food youve eaten, because people tend to sleep at night... its good advice if you're trying to lose weight.

JoY
05-16-2005, 08:41 AM
there are medications for hypothyroidism.

Nins, that's because you need time to digest your food. anything that isn't digested before you go to bed, will mainly go straight to your fatlayers. sumo wrestlers also eat loads & loads right before going to bed to gain weight.

six o' clock seems a bit of a ridiculous time, though. food takes, what? depending on what food, it takes 1.5 to 3.5 hours to digest, also depending on your activity. I don't want to be silly, but I don't go to bed before 00:00...

Evil-Dead
05-16-2005, 08:43 AM
dumb ass

alcohol inhibits gluceonogenesis...the process that releases sugars into your blood stream, what results is less sugars in your blood stream, which gives your body the feeling of being hungry, you tend to eat more when you drink.

you're supposed to drink that much that you can't eat anymore. obviously, I'm not talking about the casual consumer of alcohol, but hardcore addicts, they're all skinny

Nina
05-16-2005, 08:44 AM
that actually has truth to it, the later you eat the less likely you are to burn off the food youve eaten, because people tend to sleep at night... its good advice if you're trying to lose weight.

i doubt it.
metabolism is a thing that is completely different from person to person. eating HEALTHY and not being overweight (as long as you do not have any problems with metalobism in general) means eating little meals from early in the morning until 3-or-so hours before you go to sleep (kinda like what Iza discribed), drinking loads of water (but of course never TOO much) and "working out" as in letting your muscles work (doesnt necessarily have to equal doing sports).

satitania
05-16-2005, 08:45 AM

Nins, that's because you need time to digest your food. anything that isn't digested before you go to bed, will mainly go straight to your fatlayers. sumo wrestlers also eat loads & loads right before going to bed to gain weight.

six o' clock seems a bit of a ridiculous time, though. food takes, what? depending on what food, it takes 1.5 to 3.5 hours to digest, also depending on your activity. I don't want to be silly, but I don't go to bed before 00:00...

the medications that are available for hypothyroidism dont work very well, in fact they barely work, hyperthyroidism is much more easily treated than hypothyroidism.
i usually dont eat after 5 pm and it works really well, but i spend my evenings studying usually so if youre more active in the evening eating later isnt so bad.

Nina
05-16-2005, 08:45 AM

i still never spoke of eating something right before you go to bed. i am speaking of the 6pm-lie, which i've heard a million times already.

satitania
05-16-2005, 08:46 AM
i doubt it.
metabolism is a thing that is completely different from person to person. eating HEALTHY and not being overweight (as long as you do not have any problems with metalobism in general) means eating little meals from early in the morning until 3-or-so hours before you go to sleep (kinda like what Iza discribed), drinking loads of water (but of course never TOO much) and "working out" as in letting your muscles work (doesnt necessarily have to equal doing sports).

meh, believe what you want, its true it depends on the person, but it is good advice, dont believe me, doesnt make a difference to me, ive done a lot of research on that stuff though, health and fitness is a pretty big passion of mine.

JoY
05-16-2005, 08:47 AM
when I used to drink much, I used to be much heavier than I'm now. beer has as many sugars as four sandwitches, cocktails are sweet, Baileys & such are fuckingly sweet.... also what satitania said is entirely true. I'm fucking sick & tired of playing board-doc, but yeah. SERIOUSLY, losing weight by becoming an alcoholic & stop eating has been the dumbest statement made in the whole fucking topic. it's the dumbest statement I've seen in a long, -long- while, made on this board.

satitania
05-16-2005, 08:48 AM
when I used to drink much, I used to be much heavier than I'm now. beer has as many sugars as four sandwitches, cocktails are sweet, Baileys & such are fuckingly sweet.... also what satitania said is entirely true. I'm fucking sick & tired of playing board-doc, but yeah. SERIOUSLY, losing weight by becoming an alcoholic & stop eating has been the dumbest statement made in the whole fucking topic. it's the dumbest statement I've seen in a long, -long- while, made on this board.

medical student eh? congrats, that takes quite some dedication, joy.

JoY
05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
you're supposed to drink that much that you can't eat anymore. obviously, I'm not talking about the casual consumer of alcohol, but hardcore addicts, they're all skinny
if you drink four glasses of water, THEN try to press in two sandwitches. any kind of fluid takes up space in your stomach, why suggest the most unhealthy, fattening one of all??

they're not skinny because they're alcoholics. I don't know what kind of 'alcoholics' you've met in your life, but I'm sure they have a lot more problems than just alcohol if they're skinny as shit.

JoY
05-16-2005, 09:00 AM
i still never spoke of eating something right before you go to bed. i am speaking of the 6pm-lie, which i've heard a million times already.
yeah, like I said; 6 PM is rather ridiculous time to stop eating already. you'll always have a craving for food as the evening is ending & then you WILL eat bunches right before going to sleep. stupid, stupid, stupid. I've tried something similar, but fuck, who wants to go to bed hungry? you should eat two to three hours before going to bed & that should be absolutely FINE.

what you said, is entirely correct. if I've studied one thing endlessly, it's losing weight, because I grew up with it. my mother is obsessed with losing weight & I previded her of the information she needed, because I was worried about her, since she tried so much that seemed incredibly unhealthy to me. eating small meals with enough time (two to three hours) between them, (so your body has time to digest what you've eaten & doesn't have the time to shut off & save up fat after that) drinking lots of water so there's enough fluid to wash everything away with, being physically active (you don't even have to exercise like some maniac) & not eating bunches right before going to sleep, should be enough to lose weight in a healthy way.

satitania; thanks. =) no one knows if I'll end up actually being a doc, but I'm hoping so.

Flexing Wings
05-16-2005, 09:03 AM
I think all these diets are just a way for assholes to make money by playing on the insecurities that are derived from a shallow and superficial mind set. But in the culture we live in is it hardly surprising that so many people are abusing themselves to look like advertising makes us think we're supposed to... ? It's a struggle forging your own mind out of the bullshit that we're shown by money hoarding fatcats.

It makes me sick. (no pun intended)

satitania
05-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I think all these diets are just a way for assholes to make money by playing on the insecurities that are derived from a shallow and superficial mind set. But in the culture we live in is it hardly surprising that so many people are abusing themselves to look like advertising makes us think we're supposed to... ? It's a struggle forging your own mind out of the bullshit that we're shown by money hoarding fatcats.

It makes me sick. (no pun intended)

yeh but being fit is important, not just for looks but for health, the extreme weight loss is ridiculous, the pressure provided by celebrities and their "oh no i weight 120 punds, im such a cow!" but if youre unhealthy, weight loss is necessary, heart disease being the number one cause of death in north america...seems like a lot of people dont realize the necessicity of weight loss.

JoY
05-16-2005, 09:12 AM
many, MANY diets only work for so long. as long as you live by their rules. they are twisted, backward ways to make money of a society that gives a shit about what you look like. & not even mentioning how much time & effort science lately has put into medical research on how too much body-fat negatively influences your life.

it's not surprising people come up with so many fuckingly stupid ideas to 'help' others lose weight. I'm sure some of them don't just see it as a way to make money, but are seriously convinced they are helping people. but instead all these diets make the entire population insecure about their weight.

all it takes is a little self-discipline & an actual will. if you -want- to lose weight, you should be able to lose it. when you're mentally & hormonally (basically the same) unstable, it's just a lot harder. but EVERYONE knows by now what's healthy & what isn't. candy, chocolate, crisps.. DOH, they make you fat. you shouldn't need a diet to tell you that. & even worse; some diets allow the 'clients'/'patients' to eat something unhealthy every once in a while. yeah sure, hang that big fat sausage right in front of them, where they can take a bite, but not entirely eat it. brilliant thinking, that's going to work.

JoY
05-16-2005, 09:15 AM
yeh but being fit is important, not just for looks but for health, the extreme weight loss is ridiculous, the pressure provided by celebrities and their "oh no i weight 120 punds, im such a cow!" but if youre unhealthy, weight loss is necessary, heart disease being the number one cause of death in north america...seems like a lot of people dont realize the necessicity of weight loss.
true. but don't force diets on the masses. just inform them on what the effects & consequences are of being overweight. they are shocking & scary enough to make anyone who can miss a couple of chins & lovehandles want to lose weight.

Flexing Wings
05-16-2005, 09:18 AM

I totally agree, and that's why i think a lot of these diets are farsical... how can it really be for health reasons if you're doing it unhealthily?

And 1 in 3 Americans being clinically obese is ridiculous... but it comes back on Macdonaldisation...

Flexing Wings
05-16-2005, 09:22 AM
And those points about starvation putting your body into survival mode is key as well... the problem is that a lot of these new diets offer that instantaneous wow factor weight loss... like the Atkins for example...

JoY
05-16-2005, 09:23 AM
it's not true that all diets are about losing weight in an unhealthy way. not at all, even. the point is, that they all try to teach you to instantly change your eating-pattern & eat differently & different things, than you've done for years & years. people's minds aren't bendable & flexible like that. if a diet isn't adjusted to someone's eating pattern & focussed on the person it's for & on his/her character, it'll have a fat chance of failing. because as soon as people are done with a diet, have lost a couple of pounds, they'll immediately start eating how they used to, unless their diet considers the way they ate & tries to make the changes not too huge.

Izie
05-16-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm not going on any sort of a rigorous diet until my BMI jumps over 25. And it won't. I can give up candy to lose the 3kg I am from what has been given as my "ideal weight", but apart from that... Nah, not really.

And I completely agree with what Bella said last *thumbs up for Bella*

Vera
05-16-2005, 09:28 AM
You don't need to ask me why I'm fat and you don't need to ask me why I don't change that because it's just such a damn obvious answer. And it becomes this stupid cycle and whatever one might think would help doesn't because how can you help the cause when you are the cause. It's like you have to magic something within you that just isn't there. If it was, you wouldn't be fat in the first place.

Tizzalicious
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM
The trick to losing weight is just eating healthy, drinking loads of water, and having an apple for breakfast.

Actual diets are crap I think, and fasting is too, cuz like people said, you lose weight and then just gain it back. And there's nothing wrong with fat people, there IS something wrong with fat people who are REALLY fat and then stuff themselve ALL the time and complain about being fat though. They should just do something about it.

original_prankster
05-16-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm not a girl, but I'm not skinny either. If I can easily admit it to thousands of people online, it proves that I don't care much about being overweight.

I'm overweight! Get over it!

I never have any trouble physically. I can walk 2 miles to the grocery store and 2 miles back with ease.

Sometimes it's genetic, you know. My mother, aunt and uncle are overweight. I ended up being overweight. Dammit, I want my father's gene where I stay thin no matter how much I eat! :p

I really don't like that this thread was made and I know I'm not a woman, but I wanted to reply.

Just a Girl
05-16-2005, 10:17 AM
eat less, move more

JoY
05-16-2005, 10:23 AM
the fact that you don't like that this thread was made, shows you do have a problem with being overweight & that you don't like it this way. it can be genetic, yeah. having a slow metabolism can be genetic. but still you can adjust your food-pattern to that.

original_prankster
05-16-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't have that big of a problem with it. Seriously. Or I don't have as big of a problem with it as other people do.

Flexing Wings
05-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Why do you have to be a woman to be subject to these kinds of thoughts?

Maybe women are targeted more at the moment, but rates of bulimia in men are on the increase... i think eventually everyone will be subjected to images of so-called perfection... this topic is an easy plateaux for feminism... but even speaking as a female i think it's a problem that will soon drastically effect everyone...

JoY
05-16-2005, 01:36 PM
men's judgements are more visually based, than those of women. women try desperately to look good, because they know men value looks pretty highly. (am I making sense?) men don't have to put so much effort into it, because to women it matters less. unless they're homosexual of course. I think this is one of the main reason, why so many women are trying to reach some sort of state of physical perfection.

Camilamazed
05-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I do not bother myself because I'm overweight. I know I should care specially about my health. But I truly believe I got more important things to do than just caring about my body and stuff........ :D

LordOfdEAthAndTime
05-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Why are you fat?

..........................................what? YEAH FAT GIRLS LOSE WEIGHT!

JoY
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
..........................................what? YEAH FAT GIRLS LOSE WEIGHT!
shut the fuck up. *mumbles*fucking idiot*mumbles*

nitropenguin!
05-16-2005, 05:10 PM
the fact that you don't like that this thread was made, shows you do have a problem with being overweight & that you don't like it this way.
I'm thinking he felt that way considering Pope was completely oblivious of the many reasons why both females and males are overweight. Not to mention the obstacles one would have to accomplish to lose weight, mild or challenging.

I'm sure it's never that simple, Vlad. Sometimes impossible, as well - if genetics has to do with it. Although what makes you think everyone who is overweight strives to be slim? What if they don't believe their appearance is a problem? Many can manage themselves very attractively regardless of their shape. Not to mention manage difficult physical tasks. Many can cope with it. Don't be so close-minded.

Betty
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm really tempted to agree with Vlad. It's about willpower. Unless you're in that 5% of people that actually does have a real problem. So what's the point? Do something about it or shut the fuck up (this could apply to me as well)?

Why are people fat?
-food is GOOD
-exercise takes time
-eating healthy takes WAY more time than eating fast food or TV dinners
-stress
-ignorance about how to lose weight
-don't care about looks
-etc, etc, etc

But you can fix all those things with WILLPOWER. It's like quitting smoking, which I have never had to do, but I know for some people is damn near impossible because they don't have the will.

I have been eating healthier and exercising slightly more for about 2 weeks now and seriously feel like I've lost 5 lbs, but I don't have a scale to check. I look hotter and my pants fit better. 2 weeks. But that was the easy part, really toning is the hard part.

Also, it is really important to note that being skinny does not imply being healthy. You can be totally out of shape. And you can be living off a diet of Raman noodles.

HornyPope
05-16-2005, 09:20 PM
I forgot where I was going with this topic, so i'll just reiterate over some that's been said : it's all about a little excercise. Even if you didn't eat 'healthy' you can still maintain a good body by keeping oneself training. A mere once a week on regular basis will keep you in shape.

sKratch
05-16-2005, 09:54 PM
ongzmzm vlad yuo aaer teh bald & teh uglsies!`!11one

RXP
05-17-2005, 01:46 AM
. A mere once a week on regular basis will keep you in shape.

No it won't! How many kcal's can you lose in a training session? Unless your one of those psycos who goes out on an empty stomach if your fat you're not gonna get thinner from one session of cardio a week. If your already thin sure, but not if you're fat.

'will power' is over-rated. I have all hte willpower in the world to put on weight but life keeps getting in the way. I keep on having to stop eating alot and working out cuase of exams or work. And I've explained this a million times but for some it's harder to lose weight or gain weight. Some people don't seem to get that.

Izie
05-17-2005, 02:43 AM
No it won't! How many kcal's can you lose in a training session? Unless your one of those psycos who goes out on an empty stomach if your fat you're not gonna get thinner from one session of cardio a week. If your already thin sure, but not if you're fat.

'will power' is over-rated. I have all hte willpower in the world to put on weight but life keeps getting in the way. I keep on having to stop eating alot and working out cuase of exams or work. And I've explained this a million times but for some it's harder to lose weight or gain weight. Some people don't seem to get that.

Actually, he speaks the complete truth. Some people just put on/lose weight easily, others don't. And that's not really willpower, it's the way your body works.

I'll admit to being plain lazy though. But not everyone is.

Tizzalicious
05-17-2005, 03:13 AM
I'll admit to being plain lazy though. But not everyone is.

Then again, you're not fat :o

Izie
05-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Then again, you're not fat :o

In my own standards, yes I am, so shhhh!

HornyPope
05-17-2005, 03:42 AM
Well no shit obviously it's different for everyone, but even one week practice over an extended period of time (thats the key) will put your body in a good shape.

JoY
05-17-2005, 04:06 AM
I'm thinking he felt that way considering Pope was completely oblivious of the many reasons why both females and males are overweight. Not to mention the obstacles one would have to accomplish to lose weight, mild or challenging.

I'm sure it's never that simple, Vlad. Sometimes impossible, as well - if genetics has to do with it. Although what makes you think everyone who is overweight strives to be slim? What if they don't believe their appearance is a problem? Many can manage themselves very attractively regardless of their shape. Not to mention manage difficult physical tasks. Many can cope with it. Don't be so close-minded.
I almost fully agree with you, le Penguin. it's just that it's never impossible to lose weight. it -is- however impossible if you want to lose weight for society & it's view on overweight people. but if you want to do it for yourself, just for you.. it isn't impossible.

I know many people with a slow metabolism. I myself don't have the fastest metabolism either. a friend of mine is terribly overweight & yeah, it runs in her family. but even though she tells the world how healthy she eats & that she only eats vegetables as snacks, etc., I noticed last saturday she also eats chocolate, cookies, crisps & all that jazz. before I maybe would've said it's impossible for her to lose weight, but now.. I realise that she's just embraced her enormous body in a way that she just gave up.

a test once said, that I'm too mentally unstable to ever be able to lose weight & not to gain it again. this is mainly because I'm one very neurotic piece of shit (if neurosis still would be a disease according to psychiatrists, I'm sure I'd have it) & I'm always stressed out, biting my nails, smoking my little cigarettes & eating it away. still I've managed to lose 10 kg when I was 18/19. sure, I gained 15 right after I joined the studentclub, which confirms the testresults, but after my life somewhat stabilised again, I lost 11 without much effort. & aswell as my life, as my weight have been stable for almost a year now.

I'm just saying it -can- be done. under any circumstances. even if you lay in bed half of your life, because you suffer from something, even if it's physical, even if it's mental.. people are just too quick to give up & don't realise their own strength. plus not all have that actual will. many people -badly- want it, because they don't seem to fit in & because they don't live up to a certain image of how society wants people to be, but that kind of will means absolutely nothing if you don't want it for yourself. for your own good, for your own health, for your own joints (especially knees), for your own life-quality & for your own comfort.

JoY
05-17-2005, 04:34 AM
I fully agree with Betty.
YES Dush, it is harder for some than for others. some people DO have a metabolism that goes either through the roof or as slow as time. yes yes yes. but this doesn't mean at ALL that willpower is overrated.

have you visited a doctor yet? not one of those smartasses, that says; "you need to gain a couple" & lets you go, but on a regular basis? one that guids you in the process & tells you how to adjust your eating pattern to your metabolism. because that's all it takes. if everyone would adjust his/her eating pattern to their metabolism, no one would be overweight or underweight in an unheathy way. (don't start about how that's impossible in Africa, hmkay?)

my boyfriend is a bit underweight. he's 1.93 m. long & he weighs less than some female friends I have. he's quickly hungry & eats a fucking shitload every few hours of the day. sure, I could serve him pizzas & Big Macs for breakfast, push a Mars in his mouth right before he goes to bed every night & then he'd probably reach the weight he should have. but this wouldn't be healthy at all. he eats six sandwitches for breakfast, another four when he comes home, two-four early in the evening, then a massive dinner. & even though he's a little underweight, he IS healthy. let's just state that's most important.

no, exercising once a week doesn't guarantee you'll lose weight (; body-fat), or gain weight (; muscles). but it does guarantee your body will stay in shape somewhat. not necessarily the visible kind of shape, but the one you can't see. that's just as important, you know. doing crunches, sit-ups, push-ups, that's all peachy fine, but how many can you do? for how long? can you ride your bike an hour long without being breathless & feeling your heart racing in your throat?

it's just important you stay active. not because it'd instantly make you lose weight & to fit in society's picture of the perfect human being, but just because it's healthy. (that word is becoming dramatically overused) & you don't have to work out three hours a day, five days a week, as my anorexic friend did before she got hospitalised, but just riding your bike to work or school every day would do the fucking trick. it's real damn simple. move your pissing ass half an hour every day & you'll be somewhat healthy. no picture, not even a rontgen, shows you how much fat is gathering itself around your organs. how it's cluttering in your veins. you just have to make sure it won't, just by simply -moving-. you don't even have to sweat your fucking ass off, it's real goddam simple. & even though some people LOOK fat, it doesn't necessarily mean they're unhealthy. like I said; you can't see on the outside, how the inside is doing. & let's just state that what is most imporant is to keep your organs happy.

Edit: I hate it when I forget words.

RXP
05-17-2005, 07:25 AM
have you visited a doctor yet? not one of those smartasses, that says; "you need to gain a couple" & lets you go, but on a regular basis? one that guids you in the process & tells you how to adjust your eating pattern to your metabolism

Oh I know how to put on weight and alter your metabolic rate. Basically eat smaller meals more often. When I'm putting on weight I eat 7 times a day around 3-3.5kcal and work out intensley 4 times a weak. If your too skinny you CANNOT put on weight just by eating you have to work out. Anyone who complains they can't put on weight aren't doing it right. You just gotta eat more and work out.

JohnnyNemesis
05-17-2005, 07:26 AM
I like fat in the buttocks area.

RXP
05-17-2005, 07:29 AM
I prefer breasts.

Inshane
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
your spot on there. both my parents are doctors and they laugh at the idea its a serious disease. "a hypochondriacs excuse for being lazy", they say.

its so dissapointing for me to read there are doctors that are to arrogant for trying to understand a problem. its acknowledged that CVS (ME) patients have physical problems, but doctors cant find the reason. its a fact that we have some sort of disease. so fuck off with the -they want attention- or -they make it all up- its nothing like that.
Ive been told so many times, Im mentally sick and that because I was depressed (it started before my depressed period) I created this syndrom. Which is easy to say. Ofcourse this syndrom has an effect on you mentally.
Its not that nice to lay in bed for a whole year, without any people visiting you, without the normal social contacts, I couldnt even walk up the staires. I can really kill you for saying its nothing -real-. People are not able to understand what its like to deal with this, they dont understand that my whole future is insecure. I always have to make choices, every fucking minute a day.

Isa, I (obviously, since im this sharp about it) have what you call CVS now, or ME. And its diffucult. I used to be a real enthousiastic, wild, for ever going energy girl. but after a month of being sick I never recovered. Its not that you can see Im tired (im very pale though) and I always have this -strong- attitude. No, there is nothing wrong with me, im ok. I hate it when people feel sorry for me, I just dont want to be a girl that people feel sorry for.
Its a daily fight for me, but im allready way happy I have some reasons to start living again.

btw. my boyfriend has the same eating habbits as yours, haha, hes 1.95m :\

RXP
05-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by meaning_of_life

Or perhaps your parents are incompatant and believe that what they cannot find a reason for cannot exist?

Brines
05-17-2005, 08:07 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I always feel like shit after I eat like shit, especially in the morning. When I eat healthy, it doesn't taste as good, but I sure feel a hell of a lot stronger.

RXP
05-17-2005, 08:34 AM
How does eating healthy not taste good? Your having hte wrong food if you think that.

JoY
05-17-2005, 09:25 AM
it is true that fat stimulates your tongue (I'm not going to explain how that works; way too much trouble in English) & is pretty much addictive. food with less, or without fat doesn't give you that sensational feeling (some people are more sensitive to this than others), so that's why it's often less popular. you try to eat healthy, because it's good, but if you could choose between a carrot & a burger/mars/cheese, as your favorite snack, I'm sure most people would choose the latter.

in the old days people needed some reserves (as in a little body-fat) for when days wouldn't be so prosperous. that's why sugars & fat still stimulate our senses. now we have food on every fucking street-corner, this whole function has became pretty fucking worthless & even contraproductive. you -can- be addicted to food. especially 'bad' food, like junkfood, candy & snacks. this involves, like with every other addiction, depression, loss of energy (in the greater sense of the word), loss of senses, etc. I won't start about what this can lead to, but a lot of people today suffer from an addiction to food. since it's not so commonly known, it's hard to recognise & if it'd be commonly known.. too many people would be diagnosed with it. as with ME & depression, basically.

Nina
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
How does eating healthy not taste good? Your having hte wrong food if you think that.

Bella's explenation makes a lot of sense, but i still think healthy food tastes better, and therefore i agree with RXP. if the healthy food i speak of wasnt so goddamn expensive, it would be all i'd eat. because i just LOVE fruit/salads/joghurts/etc. but the real good stuff is expensive over here (if you want to eat it every day, not the price of a pound of tomatoes itself).

Tizzalicious
05-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Bella's explenation makes a lot of sense, but i still think healthy food tastes better, and therefore i agree with RXP. if the healthy food i speak of wasnt so goddamn expensive, it would be all i'd eat. because i just LOVE fruit/salads/joghurts/etc. but the real good stuff is expensive over here (if you want to eat it every day, not the price of a pound of tomatoes itself).

Soooo true!!! Especially if you are out and you want a healthy snack...eep!!! Not fair how much you have to pay when you want a salad at Mc Donalds.

notoriousdoc
05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
YAY fat people! I have no problem with fat people, if I did it would be hypocritical

Nina
05-17-2005, 11:48 AM
hehe, that example was unlucky chosen in my opinion, Tizzleh...a salad at mcdonalds only costs 1 euro here in germany :O but then again, so does a chicken burger, and therefore people tend to buy both....heh.
(mcdonalds is desperately trying to get more customers, you see).
the salad would never be enough anyway...its a small one with two little tomatoes and a few other things...i dont think it would even fill YOU.

Tizzalicious
05-17-2005, 11:50 AM
hehe, that example was unlucky chosen in my opinion, Tizzleh...a salad at mcdonalds only costs 1 euro here in germany :O but then again, so does a chicken burger, and therefore people tend to buy both....heh.
(mcdonalds is desperately trying to get more customers, you see).
the salad would never be enough anyway...its a small one with two little tomatoes and a few other things...i dont think it would even fill YOU.

I mean the fancy salads...the ones that actually fill you up a bit...you know the meal salad ones with chicken in it? Not that going to Mc Donalds is very healthy anyway, but getting a salad there is your best choice if your friends wanna go there :p

Nina
05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
I mean the fancy salads...the ones that actually fill you up a bit...you know the meal salad ones with chicken in it? Not that going to Mc Donalds is very healthy anyway, but getting a salad there is your best choice if your friends wanna go there :p

ah yeah...thats true. i never had any of these salads. but yeah you are right, too expensive if you look at whats actually in it.
man, i want a salad now :E

Tizzalicious
05-17-2005, 11:52 AM
ah yeah...thats true. i never had any of these salads. but yeah you are right, too expensive if you look at whats actually in it.
man, i want a salad now :E

Ooooh those are sooooo yummiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!! Expensive, but soooooo good!!!

I want one now too. Should stop talking about food.

Nina
05-17-2005, 11:57 AM
OR you should come over and we could order stuff from the pizza place (they have really good salads here in my town). eep.

JoY
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
the same goes for me, actually. I adore fruit & I love the fuck out of yoghurts. & not to mention a good prepared salad. yummie stuff, indeed. *smiles just thinking of it* but as you said; healthy food is pretty expensive & I'm only a broke little student, trying to survive on her own with as little cooking as possible (I -hate- cooking just for me. when other people will be eating along, it's much more fun), so it's not uncommon that in the end I do eat unhealthy & 'easy' food.

the addiction you can develop for food doesn't have much to do with taste, though. it's a sensation fat gives your tongue & you, that 'healthy' food doesn't. after a while of being addicted to crappy food, you don't care at all about the taste anymore. it's not even that goddam special & nice in the first place. it's just that silly, stupid, retarded sensation some people really go for.

Tizzalicious
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Yesssssh! I like that idea!!!!!! Very very much. Can we order a pizza too? :p

JoY
05-17-2005, 12:06 PM
oh, & I forgot to say! the reason mostly not so wealthy people are heavier than wealthier people (ugh, I hate to make the difference anyway), is that unhealthy food is often cheaper & as not all unwealthy people realise what's in it & are aware of what is good for you, they tend to buy that, instead of expensive, but healthy food.

you'd think wealthier people would be heavier, because they've got more to spend, so also more to spend on food, but it's this why it's often the other way around.

& Tizzster, I've never tasted one of those salads at McDonalds. but as I consider all of their food goddam unhealthy, I never bother to even try to choose something healthy from their menu when I'm in one. :/

Just a Girl
05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
i don't think i could ever buy a salad from mcdonalds. bleurgh.

saying that, i can hardly even walk into a mcdonalds, the smell makes me feel so sick.

Gothgirl2606
05-17-2005, 12:10 PM
hey trip boy! u know you asked me if i had rafters in my garage? well, i know a piccy , i 've forgotten how to post piccys, but there is a hand by a wrist with a credit card in it, swiping the wrist.......and remember, across the road, not down the street..........

Inshane
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
maybe nice to know: friend of mine works at Mcdonalds (dont ask me why I dont get her either) but she told me that the salads are even more unhealthy than the burgers. and that you should never buy those other salads you have to shake, most of the time they're real old.

Brines
05-17-2005, 01:27 PM
hey trip boy! u know you asked me if i had rafters in my garage? well, i know a piccy , i 've forgotten how to post piccys, but there is a hand by a wrist with a credit card in it, swiping the wrist.......and remember, across the road, not down the street..........

You mean the picture I posted in another thread two fucking minutes ago?

JoY
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
maybe nice to know: friend of mine works at Mcdonalds (dont ask me why I dont get her either) but she told me that the salads are even more unhealthy than the burgers. and that you should never buy those other salads you have to shake, most of the time they're real old.
I once tried one. it indeed tasted fuckingly old, dried out & wrinkled. *shudders*

Betty
05-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Yay Bella for agreeing. One can make all the excuses that they want, but it's not impossible.

Also, regarding the taste of food, I think it depends what you're craving. At the moment I could definitely eat a cheeseburger, but I'm gonna have rice/chicken breast/broccoli instead. I will still enjoy that, in a different way. Fast food generally gives you the grease/salt fix you need. But I know that after I eat it I feel full and gross. And I know that once I've been eating fast food all weekend, like on a trip, I absolutely CRAVE fruit and vegetables and it tastes great.

Also, I think this might be partly a girl thing (hormonal?) but sometimes I really, really, really crave chocolate. Not sugar, but chocolate.

Anyway, like I said, eating healthy food that IS tasty as well is horribly expensive and time consuming. Like fruit? I think apples are pretty blah, but I love strawberries, pineapples, grapes, etc, which are way more expensive and take longer to clean/prepare. To make fancy stir fries/salads/rice dishes/pasta dishes/etc takes a long time too, especially when using fresh veggies.

Sunny
05-17-2005, 05:15 PM
if the healthy food i speak of wasnt so goddamn expensive, it would be all i'd eat. because i just LOVE fruit/salads/joghurts/etc. but the real good stuff is expensive over here (if you want to eat it every day, not the price of a pound of tomatoes itself).

God, I feel your pain.. i love that kind of stuff myself. Unfortunately, a small fruit salad where I live is like $5, a SMALL veggie salad is like.. $7.50... and the yummy organic fruit smoothies without added preservatives are $3. For one serving, which is ridiculous. I always try to buy organic healthy things, so I end up spending a FUCKTON of money on food.

arg. *cries*

As for weight, I can relate to what Bella said about her being somewhat "unstable" and her weight fluctuating a lot. I can't maintain a steady weight for a longer period of time because of the stress levels and stuff. ugh. I can go from 90 lbs to 110 and back in a relatively short period of time.