PDA

View Full Version : The big question...

Brines
05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
What drummer's better/cooler? Ron Welty all the way. Fuck yeah.

Gayman
05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Yep!!!! Ron rocks!!!! As a drummer I think "Can't Repeat"s is pretty weak!

Brines
05-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Ron was much more of a badass at shows, too. Atom's an attention whore. He should be shot down! Everyone knows that the real show is Dexter and Noodles. And Greg K, I guess.

Gayman
05-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Ron was much more of a badass at shows, too. Atom's an attention whore. He should be shot down! Everyone knows that the real show is Dexter and Noodles. And Greg K, I guess.
Yeah!!! He's little too energetig! Ron was cool behind the drums!

Brines
05-16-2005, 03:31 PM
He goes shirtless too, and he's just such a pimp. Atom's faggoty, and he isn't even part of the band, just a fill-in.

SeanAshmore
05-16-2005, 03:32 PM
aww cmon guys, atom gave a whole new energy to the offsprings music, he really did, both live and on recording (cant repeat). he looks so cool when hes drumming and makes the show look livlier too.

Brines
05-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't want energy. I want badassity.

Gayman
05-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Yep!!! He is ugly!

dirty_magic
05-16-2005, 03:34 PM
atom rocks! i recon his drumming is much better than rons and hes wicked with the fans. josh freese is also bit of a legend for his drums on splinter!

Gayman
05-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Ron was a member of The Offspring for sooo long witch definitely makes people like him more....but I still think he's the best!!!!!

Gayman
05-16-2005, 03:42 PM
True true...all sooo true!

darko
05-16-2005, 03:47 PM
i think its kinda a given that ron is winning

sebastienfan
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
I was really used to ron but hes gone,Atom really put energy behind his drum,hes more in with the crowd.I think they made a good choice with Atom,I was affraid of what kind of guy they were gonna choose but im happy with Atom.its better than split off because Ron left.Ron as 6 album with offspring,its true, but give a chance to Atom.dont tell me to shut the fuck up or what ever,this is my opinion.the drums are fine in Cant repeat,thats not the kind of song that you put amazing drums in anyway.thats like the kids arent alright....and its not because Atom is not good looking for you that hes a bad drummer.they could hire justin Timberlake for a good looking guy but they wanted a good drummer so here is Atom.

dain84
05-16-2005, 09:14 PM
He goes shirtless too, and he's just such a pimp. Atom's faggoty, and he isn't even part of the band, just a fill-in.
he's not a fill-in dumbass! Josh freese was the fill-in on splinter! Atom is now an official member.

Manic subsidal
05-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Atom is great. I listen to live offspring recordings and he sounds way better than ron. Oh yeah, it's cool that Atom comes and posts here too (well actually I haven't seem him around for a while, he'll probably come back soon).

Camilamazed
05-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Cammie fucking hates this kind of question........

I LIKE BOTH.

I learned to listen to Offspring when Ron was part of the band. Unfortunatelly he left us but man ATOM is as much as great as Ron. He was able to become part of a band and deal with all the old fans who were used to Ron and have done it well.

"Good drummer and MAINLY A GREAT PERSON"

melbert
05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Ron - He was in the band originally, he's an awesome drummer, full of energy, works hard, all that good stuff that good drummers do.
Atom - He's the new guy, he's an awesome drummer, full of energy, works hard, all that good stuff good drummers do.
I was also worried about who they would pick for the new drummer. Josh Freese was awesome on Splinter, and Atom seems to be just as good as any of em.
Drummers go shirtless because drumming requires a lot of energy and motion. That causes you to sweat. Removal of shirts makes the sweating feel less gross, and cools you off better.
It doesn't mean that he's trying to get attention. It doesn't mean he's a pimp or a fag.
You people are hilarious. Keep making redundant statements.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-16-2005, 10:18 PM
well, its not really a BIG QUESTION anymore if there are 50 million threads.
and oh yeah, ron's a big whiner. go atom.

grunge
05-17-2005, 05:52 AM
Ron the best! Atom must die :D

Cejus
05-17-2005, 06:04 AM
I like Atom's style!! :cool:

Swill
05-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Dont get me wrong i love ron and everything he did on his 6 albums or so in the band, but atom is fucking cool and a brilliant replacment. when i saw the offspring last year atom was just so energetic, he really made the gig even better...........i thought the band would never been the same after ron left but atom has fit right in..........atoms fucking cool and hes a great drummer...........listen to some of his non offspring stuff (not that hes got that much offspring stuff) its fuckin good....on the hit that european single theres a kinda funky new kids arent alright version from a bbc session with zane lowe on his radio show.its like 5minutes long, its class and atom drums on it...and the drumming is brilliant.....long live atom!!!!!!!
________
Extreme q vaporizer (http://extremevaporizer.info)

Yatesy
05-17-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm gonna' go fro Ron as he was better and whatnot.

Hypodermic_89
05-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Ron Welty all the way.. :)

Marit
05-17-2005, 06:54 AM
I can't tell the difference.

Mannen som blev en gris
05-17-2005, 07:04 AM
Ron, as I've said in all the other threads! :p

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Awww, come on guys, they are both very good drummers, to be able to join The Offspring! I have to say, i definatly like Ron alot more when he's behind the drums, but its not a lie when people say that Atom gives the show's a bit more Energy, he definatly gives the camera's something to look at, i think he's a cool guy, but i'd also love to see Ron make a return

Splejse
05-17-2005, 08:00 AM
I think Atom is cool, but he can never be a perfect replace for Ron, but he wears an Enjoi shirt in the Cant get my head around you video, and thats cool :D

crimson14
05-17-2005, 08:30 AM
nothin against atom, hes cool n all, but ronny all the way, that dudes as badass as they come. noodles is great, dex is awsome, and greg, tho he does lack personality, is a cool cat

killer_queen
05-17-2005, 12:13 PM
this poll hes been done before i guess. and b ratty, i don't think atom is ugly. he's really cute. more than ron. and a better drummer. but i prefer the old staff of course. there's nothing better than the original.

darko
05-17-2005, 12:26 PM
u know, really this poll should be down maybe...a album or two down the line....atom hasnt really had a chance to prove himself and show what he's got....

Dexter Powerhead
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
welty is pure energy and atom is pure style and I prefer the energy than the style....................ron 4ever

Tehran
05-17-2005, 01:49 PM
I say Ron....

Skate Rat 19
05-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I dont know whoose better but I'll give Atom a chance, however I'm voting Ron because he was there longer.

sebastienfan
05-17-2005, 09:09 PM
I think MOST of people like more ron only because he was there longer.if they had played like 8 years each in offspring,that would be a hard question.Atom only recorded one song,give him a chance.