PDA

View Full Version : Two Americas?

Mota Boy
11-04-2004, 10:13 PM
OK, we have two different Americas. Red and Blue. The world is horribly politicized. As one writer commented, after Osama bin Laden's new video came out, once Fox commentator mentioned that he "seems to be favoring Kerry." That's pretty fucking bad, when even the most hated man in America (who wasn't running for President) is turned into a partisan tool.

Now, do you see this as ever being restored? Are the divisions too deep? Well, lets start out with what we can agree on. I think we all agree that personal freedom is important... wait, no, eleven states banned gay marriage and some also banned civil unions. Hmmm.... Well, we can agree that fighting terror is important, just as long as it doesn't involve invading a country that never threatened us and only served to piss off more Muslims which greatly increased Osama bin Laden's recruiting drives, what a stupid fucking deci... wait, sorry. My bad. Damn, this is going to be harder than I thought.

You know it's bad when you're listening to Sean Hannity's radio program (what? I was stuck in a terribly traffic jam in a semi-remote area, give me a break) and he goes from bashing liberals in one breath to blaming them for the current partisan bickering in the other. Now that guy's an idiot. Hmmmmm....

Can we at least agree that Sean Hannity is stupid? Well, then how about Britney Spears? And man, that Olsen girl looks like she's been doin' too much coke. And Oprah's fat again, ha! Or is she thin...? Ahhh, celebrity gossip, a unifying force for all Americans.

Seriously though, if, three years after 9/11 we're more bitterly divided than we've been in a long-ass time, can anything save us?

lousyskater
11-04-2004, 10:26 PM
i see it as an ever self producing situation. it happened once before and that started the civil war. so is another war coming? well at the rate things are going now, it's gonna happen. it is not an if, it will happen if things continue going the way they are. you can disagree with me all you want, but the situation wasn't much different than it is now: liberals VS. conservatives. people didn't think it was possible to have a war in which it was america VS. america back then because people though that they were more civilized than that, but it still happened. people don't think much differently in this day and age. gay rights and marriage seem to be like the slavery of the new millenium. am i the only one who see's the similarity here?
________
Paxil classaction (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

sKratch
11-04-2004, 11:13 PM
No you're just the only one who thinks it's a novel and witty idea.

SicN Twisted
11-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm happy that at the moment I'm living in the "good" America. :) :) :)

The Cheshire Cat
11-04-2004, 11:46 PM
I don't think it's going to go as far as a civil war. There were a bunch of causes for the civil war, it wasn't just that the South didn't like the current administration.

What'll probably happen is in about a year the liberals will sink back to either being quietly discontented or protesting against stuff without actually taking any action, and the conservatives will be just like they've always been, because that's what conservatives do.

Then the world will breath a collective sigh of relief in 2008 when Bush can't POSSIBLY be re-elected (Unless he decides to amend that part of the constitution...).

jimmyjimjimz
11-05-2004, 10:12 AM
I don't think it's going to go as far as a civil war. There were a bunch of causes for the civil war, it wasn't just that the South didn't like the current administration.

What'll probably happen is in about a year the liberals will sink back to either being quietly discontented or protesting against stuff without actually taking any action, and the conservatives will be just like they've always been, because that's what conservatives do.

Then the world will breath a collective sigh of relief in 2008 when Bush can't POSSIBLY be re-elected (Unless he decides to amend that part of the constitution...).

If Bush DOES amend that part of the constitution, then Bill Clinton should run against him. Bill Clinton is my hero. The best president I've ever seen. Or maybe it will be Bush JR vs Bush SR? I just hope it's Bush vs Clinton. Everything was peaceful when Clinton was president. Either way, if he does ammend it or if he doesn't ammend it, I believe someone named Clinton will win the 2008 presidential election. Yes, Hillary Clinton will be the first female president of the US.

Unnatural Disaster
11-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Bill Clinton can't run again, he's already been president for 8 years

arak0r
11-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Bill Clinton can't run again, he's already been president for 8 years

if you read the actual post youd see under that circumstance he could :tard:

Dameon Brass
11-07-2004, 12:07 PM
.Then the world will breath a collective sigh of relief in 2008 when Bush can't POSSIBLY be re-elected (Unless he decides to amend that part of the constitution...).

Unless his brother governating Florida decides to run as well....
We'll never be free of the family

lousyskater
11-07-2004, 03:13 PM
well, bush is claiming to want to close the rift between the people of america, but he has just proven that he doesn't want to:

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20041107/2004-11-07T172626Z_01_N07408175_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-BUSH-AGENDA-DC.html
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

sKratch
11-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Everything was peaceful when Clinton was president.
Wrong. Better than Bush though.