PDA

View Full Version : identity card in the UK

Dexter Powerhead
05-18-2005, 05:34 AM
what's your opinion(UK people specially)about the identity card in the UK??, here in spain we've got it and it's very useful............but also the euro was very useful and UK people refuse it...................what do u think?????

RXP
05-18-2005, 05:50 AM
I think it's a good idea. The arguments of it being a nanny state are outweighed by the fact it will be harder for id thefts to get away with it.

Piedude
05-18-2005, 07:07 AM
If its compulsary we shouldnt have to pay so much to get them

Chris
05-18-2005, 07:36 AM
well it would be nice to have some universal ID instead of having to carry my passport around (as I don't drive yet) but I can see why people are against it...

Yatesy
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Waste of time & money in my opinion.

darko
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
havent quite made my mind up yet....but like the euro...i think its Inevitable

phoenix
05-18-2005, 02:32 PM
i dont see why we shouldnt join the euro,ii think its a good idea.but i dunno about identity cards

Noodles is gay
05-18-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm hugely against joining the Euro (i could explain but i'd need more coffee)

On identity cards; I'm thinking they'd perhaps be useful in countering terrorism and identity fraud but on the other hand it's another thing to worry about (like you have to make sure you don't lose it or go out without it which is a pain in the ass, frankly), and they're expensive and probably won't actually have much of an effect on terrorism.

Plus! I would no longer be able to buy alcohol because they'd make sure they had a look at my ID card! :eek:

RXP
05-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm hugely against joining the Euro (i could explain but i'd need more coffee)

Tell me. I'm interested in your aguments.

Chris
05-18-2005, 07:28 PM
http://www.petluvers.com/media/zoomed-canoworms-n240.jpg

Piedude
05-19-2005, 03:31 AM
I can see why the Euros handy for all the countries on the continent so they can go visit their neighbours on the spur of the moment without having to worry about converting their money first (or truckers), but they have to take a boat or train before they can get to Britain so it would be something they plan out...
But the day we got the Euro, every price would jump up, either because shops would rather round things up than have odd cents here and there, or because they knew people wouldnt have an exact idea of how much they were paying. Besides, the Pounds a very strong currency.

Yatesy
05-19-2005, 04:51 AM
Joining the Euro when our currency is perfectly strong would be an idiotic idea!

Noodles is gay
05-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Joining the Euro when our currency is perfectly strong would be an idiotic idea!

yes, but we do have a Labour government remember.

Yatesy
05-19-2005, 05:33 AM
yes, but we do have a Labour government remember.

Yes that is true, life would be better if Lib Dems got in.

darko
05-20-2005, 01:13 PM
like i said it's inevitable that it going to happen....lets face it Blair CANT be trusted he started out by saying he doesnt think we should join the Euro and look at him now...he's havering....while it would be good for The UK to retain its individuality, its going to happen....I'm just interested to see whats going to happen about refugues....

felix_leiter
06-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Just cos people are lazy about getting their money changed is no reason to tie yourself to the sinking German economy is no reason to think about it.

Identity cards can fuck off. I control the government, it doesnt control me. I dont need constant monitoring by cunts in suits.

The terrorism argument is no excuse for pissing all over my rights. How will identity cards help??? The terrorist threat could be countered in other ways-ie. by keeping a hold on immigration and making sure that there arent nutters chatting shit in Mosques.

darko
06-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Identity cards can fuck off. I control the government, it doesnt control me. I dont need constant monitoring by cunts in suits.

have u not noticed that the government isnt really listening to the people?

felix_leiter
06-05-2005, 07:52 AM
That's exactly right, and is symptomatic of the idea that the government is supposed to run our lives for us. They don't give a shit what people want.

NOAMR
06-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Yup, they just get a treaty, law tru it, and hope the people will accept it after a while(and mostly they do). I'm also against the ID-card, cuz it let the government control us even more. Here in Belgium, we are just changing in electronic ID-cards(I allready have one:(). It is bullshit that it's against terrorism, criminals, it let people think it's worse than it is, cuz we aren't really that menaced. They just want that we got fear, so they can do whatever they want. I've heard on a tv-programm that we are in 600 databases.

darko
06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
600 databases? fuck that for a laugh