PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream. (Mission From God)

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 08:03 AM
I had a dream last night that I heard "Mission From God" off of Punk-O-Rama 10, and it was weird, because it was so good that I cried! In the dream I was crying while I heard it. Pretty silly, I know.

Anyway, now I'm even more excited about it! I think "Can't Repeat" is kinda shitty, so I think "Mission From God" will save the day!

Is anyone else more excited about Mission From God then about Can't Repeat?

Jimbob2005
05-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Can't really say since Ive not heard it, but I don't think Can't Repeat is THAT good anyway.

noodlesdec25
05-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Can't Repeat is AWSOME...one of the best!
Mission frm god i think will be good to, but not as good as can't repeat

offspring kid
05-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Can't Repeat is AWSOME...one of the best!
Mission frm god i think will be good to, but not as good as can't repeat

mission from god was a extra song for the IGNITION album but never got released,so it will be an old school type of song i think !

Gabriel
05-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Anyway, now I'm even more excited about it! I think "Can't Repeat" is kinda shitty, so I think "Mission From God" will save the day!
I agree with you. 'Can't repeat' sounds bit like routine, Ignition is my fav album, and I hope your dream was real

Drummerguy123
05-18-2005, 09:35 AM
WHOA, hold on! What is Mission From God? I have all of their c-d's, but I don't have any other songs not released in their main 7 ones.

notoriousdoc
05-18-2005, 09:38 AM
I like Can't repeat because it's a little more Offspring-y than some of the stuff off Splinter (I know that sounds stupid, but I think they should stick with something in between Americana and CO1 because they should make music for US, I mean, we got them where they are and most fans dislike Splinter. Or maybe it's the fact that I was looking forward to it so much and found it so average and below what I was expecting *collapses through lack of oxygen*)

offspring kid
05-18-2005, 09:38 AM
WHOA, hold on! What is Mission From God? I have all of their c-d's, but I don't have any other songs not released in their main 7 ones.

dont worry dude it was a extra song for album ignition which wasnt released !
but now the offspring are releasing it and its coming in Punk-o-rama 10 volume

Drummerguy123
05-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Oh, cool. When is that coming out?

offspring kid
05-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh, cool. When is that coming out?

in july i think check it here www.epitaph.com

The_Offspring
05-18-2005, 10:06 AM
AHHHHH can't repeat is the new tkaa you have to like it!!! well you don't but y wouldn't you i mean i get so excited when i here about a new song from these guys because they sometimes have huge delays in between albums so i can never wait to here a new offspring song and i always appreciate it

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Can't Repeat is the new TKAA and that's why I don't like it! I don't like TKAA that much.

sphinxdaking
05-18-2005, 11:04 AM
its out june 7th, less then a month =)

the Dude
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
How good can it be? after all they didn't even bother putting it on ignition so they must have thought it to be sub-par

original_prankster
05-18-2005, 07:42 PM
This will be awesome! :D And probably better than Can't Repeat, seeing as it's old-school Offspring style! :D

Moose
05-18-2005, 08:51 PM
How good can it be? after all they didn't even bother putting it on ignition so they must have thought it to be sub-par

according to the story being told from a long while back, the song itself was about fanatics, sort of like wat is going on now, and the offspring were afraid people wouldnt get it and start to call them a christian band, so they didnt put it on there...but obviousy now the song has more relevance, and people will understand it much easier...because people are too stupid to think outside the box over 10 years ago...then again, they are still stupid today, its just in their faces now.

Camilamazed
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
If Johnny says the song is great.....We'd better trust him :D

Pilau
05-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Yeah, Mission of God will kick ass as its from their best album ever - Ignition. It didn't make the album as they didn't wanna be a band with religious connections whether it be pro or anti.

And Can't Repeat is a great song. Not only do we hear the first song with drum parts written by Atom but its also a feel good song. The guitar riff is excellent and the subject matter totally fits where they are at. It is a mixture of TKAA and Million Miles Away but they were both excellent songs to begin with. I think it will go down great live too.

Revolver-2005?
05-19-2005, 03:40 AM

Ahh when I heard Can't Repeat i was disappointed...but Ive been almost wetting my pants waiting for Mission From God, cause the Ignition era was my favorite

offspring kid
05-19-2005, 03:45 AM

in an interview dexter said that it is a cool song but it didnt go with the rest of the ignition songs it was like a political song so thats why !

Swill
05-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Cant wait for mission to god..................if its from the ignition era its going to be something to look forward to alright!!!!!Cant repeat is good.....i like it..........
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

Piedude
05-19-2005, 04:37 AM
Yeah, its not going to be sub par of Ignition, I mean, Pay The Man was written for Ixnay but got left out till Americana due to its sound (Or so Ive heard)

Swill
05-19-2005, 04:44 AM
Ya i heard that too but i think pay the mans origins lie further back than ixnay. at the end of smash (on the album smash) theres the change the world intro then a few minutes further down after it theres a little tune that sounds suspiciously like the intro to pay the man!!!!!!Interesting!!!!!!
________
The Apprentice Dicussion (http://www.tv-gossip.com/apprentice/)

Piedude
05-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Thats Come Out And Play...
But its done in the same sorta style..

Pilau
05-19-2005, 04:49 AM
yeah but that was an acoustic version of come out and play! It was a b-side on the self esteem single!

vintagepunkrock7
05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
well i was pretty excited about cant repeat but now that its out and i like it im very impatient for mission from god to come out, especially since its from the ignition era cuz ignition is my favorite album. :)

Drummerguy123
05-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Is it an old recording or is Atom playing in it?

Punk_Conspiracy
05-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Ahh when I heard Can't Repeat i was disappointed...but Ive been almost wetting my pants waiting for Mission From God, cause the Ignition era was my favorite

My words exactly. I like Can't Repeat but at the same time I reckon it's lame. Ignition was my favourite Offspring album, and I reckon Mission From God is gonna kick some serious arse!

offspring kid
05-20-2005, 03:37 AM
Is it an old recording or is Atom playing in it?
IT WILL BE COOL IF ATOM PLAYS IN IT ! and it maybe the old recording who knows ? besides GOD who gave the mission :cool:

Tired_Of_You
05-20-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't know if I just don't like them as much as I used to, but I'm not so excited about Mission From God. Maybe it's because I got tired quickly of Can't Repeat? I don't know =/ I have a feeling Mission From God will be better.