PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Dogtown.

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
...who the fuck would waste their lives watching this corny pile of bullshit?

Just curious, as I just saw the movie trailer.

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Who listen to true punk shit like Linkin Park, no doubt!

Endymion
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.csulb.edu/%7Erjames/classic/listenlinkinpark.jpg
and the jimbob version:
http://www.csulb.edu/%7Erjames/jimbob.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Ahh, gotta love those!

What's the deal with this movie though, for really real? If I wanna see a bunch of white kids who refuse to shower and try desperately to behave as assholish as possible in the name of "anarchy" while they wear brand name clothes and ride on brand name skateboards, I can head down to Union Square and watch the little fucks in their "Element" hoodies drinking Frappucinos from Starbucks.

Fucking pricks.

Endymion
05-18-2005, 10:49 PM
i have $50,000 in stock and mutual funds, that makes me hardcore.

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Yes! Especially if your clothes are ripped hastily, rather than strategically.

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
You're the truth, I believe.

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Ahh, gotta love those!

What's the deal with this movie though, for really real? If I wanna see a bunch of white kids who refuse to shower and try desperately to behave as assholish as possible in the name of "anarchy" while they wear brand name clothes and ride on brand name skateboards, I can head down to Union Square and watch the little fucks in their "Element" hoodies drinking Frappucinos from Starbucks.

Fucking pricks.

Ohhh ookay, now I know which movie you're talking about.=P

Yeah, I don't think I'd waste my nerves on watching that. I tend to get aggrevated easily, and subjecting myself to such dull entertainment would be quite unnessesary.

The trailer made me think of that other skater movie... with bam magera in it? what the hell was it called?
gerrr.
that movie was kinda good actually, although looked shit in the trailer.. hm

SkunkIt
05-18-2005, 11:06 PM

Just curious, as I just saw the movie trailer.I wanna see it, because it's a part of History and i'm interested in that kind of stuff, to see orgins and what people did in stuff i'm interested in. Although, if they're just skateboarding in circles for an hour or more, I stop paying attention. Just like those skate shows i used to watch, untill I figured out they showed the same thing for half an hour.

The trailer made me think of that other skater movie... with bam magera in it? what the hell was it called?
gerrr.

Grind?

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'd waste my nerves on watching that. I tend to get aggrevated easily, and subjecting myself to such dull entertainment would be quite unnessesary.

The trailer alone aggravated the fuck out of me!

bam magera in it?

I know you're stoned, so I'll forgive this blasphemous piece of a sentence. Never mention Bam Margera in my presence again, lady! :P

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I know you're stoned, so I'll forgive this blasphemous piece of a sentence. Never mention Bam Margera in my presence again, lady! :P

Well, at least I didn't capitalise his name)))

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Ha, good point !

SkunkIt
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm a member of the Bam Margera board and I haven't been there for months, because it's full of Emo kids who wear Converse shoes in checker style and pink Etnies shirts with ties. I even remember about 6 different threads about clothes, for men and women. I have nothing against Emo kids, but the ones obsessed about clothes are.... no words to describe it.

DirtyMagical
05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
I understand people having an interest in fashion, what I don't understand is why would they chose the kind of fashion that barely qualifies?

SkunkIt
05-19-2005, 12:00 AM
I understand interest too, but not obsession in fashion, but when people walk around in checkered converse shoes with pink etnies shirts, three ties on and their tight pants, then go around showing it off to anyone that remotely cares, that's just too much obsession with clothes.

ninth
05-19-2005, 02:34 AM
And all of those people still manage to look better than you, go figure.

Didn't this movie come out two years ago under the name Dogtown and Z Boys?

Jimbob2005
05-19-2005, 07:00 AM
and the jimbob version:
Twat. That was truly pathetic.

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2005, 09:21 AM

Did it? I'd never heard of it. Can't tell these movies apart either though.

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2005, 10:25 AM
i have $50,000 in stock and mutual funds, that makes me hardcore.

Holy cow, I can't believe I missed this. HA!

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes, the dreaded triple post. Bump.

Turbonegro
05-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Twat. That was truly pathetic.
Actually, it was pretty funny.

You no rike him?
Not as funny as that, though. ^

And to answer the topic, I haven't seen the trailer for the movie, and even if I did see the trailer, I still wouldn't go see it. The whole skateboarding scene has just gone out of hand. Which is the reason I gave it up. I'm not "cool" enough to be a skater kid.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
and the jimbob version:

*Snigger laugh into teacup*

Not Ozymandias
05-20-2005, 12:16 AM
*laughs sycophantically*

I thought he wasn't Asian. So why care??

cowbell
05-20-2005, 09:46 PM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Drawer_Guy/chibidgn001.jpg

HOWEVER, about Linkin Park, I like them. But whoever would say that they're punk is a dipshit. They're emo. I only like soundgarden and LP, though. I mean, for emo bands.

Brines
05-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Ahh, gotta love those!

Fucking pricks.

You just named off the reasons why I don't skate.

Raf
05-21-2005, 01:54 PM

oh that would so be me. :)

ninth
05-21-2005, 01:59 PM
HOWEVER, about Linkin Park, I like them. But whoever would say that they're punk is a dipshit. They're emo. I only like soundgarden and LP, though. I mean, for emo bands.
Soundgarden is grunge and Linkin Park is nu metal.

Raf
05-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Ahh, gotta love those!

Fucking pricks.

normally I dont get angry about others opinions, but your opinion is totally out of wack, you are just saying the stereotypical crap. Which in a way I agree with you, all those people who try to fit in the crowd to be cool and wear all the Bam stuff, etc, its stupid, however the real Zboys didnt wear Element, they didnt wear brand name clothing all the time, especially skate clothing as which their was NONE. they didnt believe in Anarchy, they were being themselves, and 5 bucks says they showered. the Zboys shaped and paved the way for skaters now, if it wasnt for them we wouldnt have what we do now, I am thankful for them and you to should bow down to them because you could never hold or be as much as an icon as they are.

JohnnyNemesis
05-21-2005, 02:06 PM
normally I dont get angry about others opinions, but your opinion is totally out of wack,

Whoops! Stop right there. I'm only speaking from experience, so save your explanation. I was being about 65% serious.

you are just saying the stereotypical crap. Which in a way I agree with you

See, this is good, because we sort of agree. But then:

I am thankful for them and you to should bow down to them because you could never hold or be as much as an icon as they are.

Admit it. That was an incredibly stupid thing to say. Not only do I not bow to anyone, but my life's goal isn't to be an icon of any sort, so that logic doesn't really apply to me.

Raf
05-21-2005, 02:08 PM

Whoops! Stop right there. I'm only speaking from experience, so save your explanation. I was being about 65% serious.

See, this is good, because we sort of agree. But then:

Admit it. That was an incredibly stupid thing to say. Not only do I not bow to anyone, but my life's goal isn't to be an icon of any sort, so that logic doesn't really apply to me.

that doesnt phase me in the least because i do not know your life goals.

ruroken
05-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Soundgarden is grunge and Linkin Park is nu metal.
I should've known the first, but, "nu metal"? WTF?

LordOfdEAthAndTime
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Your momma would watch it and with your other lesbian mother!

punkangel
05-21-2005, 07:20 PM

I want to go see it...because there are hot guys in it

Sin Studly
05-22-2005, 03:28 AM
You're on the internet. You have all the hot guys in the world at your fingertips, they're only a google image search away, yet you'd prefer to waste two hours of your life watching crap?

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
that doesnt phase me in the least because i do not know your life goals.

Phase you? May I ask what the fuck you're talking about?

You're on the internet. You have all the hot guys in the world at your fingertips, they're only a google image search away, yet you'd prefer to waste two hours of your life watching crap?
Amen.

burning-the-high-life
05-24-2005, 12:54 PM
I should've known the first, but, "nu metal"? WTF?

yeah nu metal papa roach does it too but i can't think of any others if i remeber nu metal is rap and metal/rock. i didn't know LP classified themselves as nu metal though.

Ghetto Blasta
05-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Ahh, gotta love those!

Fucking pricks.

You must be the dumbest Mother fucker on this forum.
Back then it was only about the skateboarding.
It was a lifestyle ,a Los Angeles born lifestyle.

What? brand names are you talking about.

Tony alva is based in the movie, and he is still true to skateboarding.
To this day he still breaks in to backyard pools to skate them.
I will say this you, you should stay true to who you are and not be a poser.
If skateboarding is really your thing then go for it.
You on the other hand should not criticize what your monkey brain can not understand.
But then again you are staying true to who you are.
A racist piece of shit.
Go break-dance with your boyfriend, New York Mother Fucker.

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2005, 07:40 PM
You must be the dumbest Mother fucker on this forum.
Either that or I simply don't care about the rest of your post or how much your little feelings are hurt by the fact that I dissed some no-name ancient skateboarder that no one but you and your little pussy friends care about. Also, if you caught the rest of the thread, you'd notice that, while I believe what I said, I was exagerating and half-serious. I said that already, which implies that my specifics were facetious, making you look a dumbass for dissecting them.

Keep crying, pussy.

A racist piece of shit.
Go break-dance with your boyfriend, New York Mother Fucker.
Way to contradict yourself, hypocrite.

Rye
05-25-2005, 07:42 PM
A new production by one of my friends.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/EndOfHypocrisy/listenevanescencecopy.jpg

Endymion
05-25-2005, 08:21 PM
pphhff, the duck one is so much better.
http://www.csulb.edu/%7Erjames/4chan/duck.jpg

ruroken
05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Evanesence sucks ass.

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM
The duck one is indeed better.

Direct those pictures at Ghetto Blasta. Then, when he "blasts" (wakka wakka) you, break into a backyard pools and skate them to earn back his respect! OMGZ SO FKIN COOL!

Rye
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Evanesence sucks ass.

But lemme guess, you like Linkin Park?

ruroken
05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Hell yeah like an Ewok!!! I just needed somethin' random... yeah... I like LP...
What of it?

Endymion
05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
CCCRRAAAAAWWWWLLLLLIIIINNNNGGGG IIIIINNNN MMMYYYY SSSSKKKKIIIIIINNN

Rye
05-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Hell yeah like an Ewok!!! I just needed somethin' random... yeah... I like LP...
What of it?

Oh Endy... I'm thinking of an ewok raping the Asian from Linkin Park or something.

JohnnyNemesis
05-26-2005, 09:15 PM
CCCRRAAAAAWWWWLLLLLIIIINNNNGGGG IIIIINNNN MMMYYYY SSSSKKKKIIIIIINNN

Gold!

Almost as funny as Ghetto Blasta's post, which still makes me giggle.

"I'll tell you this. You should be true to yourself and not be a poser."

Holy fuck that's priceless.

Ghetto Blasta
05-27-2005, 03:22 AM
Either that or I simply don't care about the rest of your post or how much your little feelings are hurt by the fact that I dissed some no-name ancient skateboarder that no one but you and your little pussy friends care about. Also, if you caught the rest of the thread, you'd notice that, while I believe what I said, I was exagerating and half-serious. I said that already, which implies that my specifics were facetious, making you look a dumbass for dissecting them.

Keep crying, pussy.

Way to contradict yourself, hypocrite.

No Contradiction Fucker, I am a Black man.
I just don't like stupid people.

The only Pussy is one between Your legs.
Listen to what you are saying, "I believe what I said".
You are basing your opinion on something you have not seen or know anything about.
That is what make you sound like a fucking idiot, get it.
Probably not.
Go find a five year to explain it to you.

JohnnyNemesis
05-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Here we go again. First off:

my specifics were facetious, making you look a dumbass for dissecting them.

The fact that I already said this and you still keep at it is embarassing.

It doesn't matter who the fuck you are, it was a contradiction. You can't say shit like that and then call someone ELSE a racist, you bigoted fuck.

I just don't like stupid people.

Then why were you dumb enough to actually type the word "poser" in an argument?

You are basing your opinion on something you have not seen or know anything about.

The movie, I haven't seen, you got me. Millions of skater kids who do exactly what I said in that description? I've seen every day of my damn life. Do I judge all skaters that way? NO. Do I make sarcastic, slightly humorous comments about that stuff that idiots like you take way too seriously and cry into their posters of no-name lowlives over? Apparently I do. Stop crying, dumbass.

Oh, and speaking of five-year-olds:

I will say this you, you should stay true to who you are and not be a poser.

To this day he still breaks in to backyard pools to skate them.

Wow. Just...wow.

Sin Studly
05-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm glad a stupid black man came to the forum, cause all these stupid white people were starting to turn me into a racetraitor.

neocon58
05-27-2005, 11:05 PM
It doesn't matter who the fuck you are, it was a contradiction. You can't say shit like that and then call someone ELSE a racist, you bigoted fuck.

word.

*ten character limit*

killboybowerhead
05-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm glad a stupid black man came to the forum, cause all these stupid white people were starting to turn me into a racetraitor.
hahahahahahahahah

nieh
05-28-2005, 11:31 AM

so by your logic, black people can't be racist?

And all of those people still manage to look better than you, go figure.

According to imdb, Dogtown and Z Boys was a documentary, whereas Lords of Dogtown is not. They were written by the same person, about the same group of people though. My guess is Lords of Dogtown = the same movie after being Hollywood-ized.